Zombie Attack RP 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Zombie Attack RP 2
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #225
OOC: Wow, impresive description MSW. thnx.

IC:

As Kel-Aziz sliced the head of a nearby hordling he turned to see the impresive pirotecnic spectacle the Cryobeast and the two Nether Dragons were holding. Cold breath here, fire breath there. The battle was enough to keep the demons at bay, waiting for a chance to cross by the beasts and slay the remaining humans in the room.

The warriors also waited, not so eager to encounter the demons on the other side. Kel-Aziz however, noticed the Cryobeast would not last long if something was not done.

He closed in slowly to the Nether Dragons, waveblades drawn and shining brighlty from the holy blessings laid upon them in ages past. The beasts were too focused in combat to notice the pitfull human form closing into their position.

One of the Nether Dragons, however, noticed his precence, but not after one of Kel-Aziz's waveblades sliced off it's tail. The beast roared with flames and pain as it turned to meet the insolent human. Kel-Aziz quickly moved around the enraged beast showing his back to the remaining demons who watched the battle with great intrest.

Their evil demonic smiles would soon turn to horror as the Nether Dragon charged into Kel-Aziz's direction who just seconds before impact jumped aside, the Nether Dragon had charged with such fury and rage that it could not control the huge mass of it's body, wich slamed violently over a bunch of demons, now burried under the rock and cold scales of the huge lizard.

Not giving the lizard a chance to recover from it's fall, Kel-Aziz jumped over the creatures head, lifted one of the Nether Dragon's head scales with one of his waveblades and pierced deep into the flesh inderneath it with the other, introducing even his own hand and then arm down into the flesh of the Dragon, down and deep until it reached it's main nervious sistem.

As he retrieved his blood covered arm and waveblade from the Dragons head he turned to see the battle between the Cryobeast and the remainig Nether Dragon...

OOC: I lowered the number of Nether Dragons to two. More would be too much.

[ Saturday, November 29, 2003 16:01: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #226
Lavius chanted while Eirik and the others managed to keep attacks away from Lavius. The shrine began to glow bright white and the demons began to weaken. Several spikes narrowly missed Lavius as Kel-Aziz crushed one the demon throwing them. Suddenly, Lavius stopped chanted. The spell was complete. Holy energy flowed into the shrine and aided the warriors fighting the demons. Some of the lesser demons and undead turned to dust. And suddenly, Lavius felt stronger, and he turned to help the others fight off the last netherdragon and the major demons.

OOC: That outta make both sides about even in strength about now.

[ Friday, November 28, 2003 19:24: Message edited by: Firedrake the Silent ]

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #227
At last! Eirik watched the altar loose its powers as Lavius's enchantments began to purify the evil presence. The demons wailed as their source of power finally withered away and cut them of their own plane of existence. They would be weaker now. Much weaker.

Lavius was also looking more powerful than ever. As Eirik watched, he raised his mace and crushed the skull of a small demon in one blow. The other soldiers were also looking as if their moral would be better now. The feeling of doom that had overwhelmed them all was gone. Eirik had a strange feeling that everything actually could go well. There was one last thing, however. Where was Jesitonia?

OOC: Perhaps a bit short, but I'm really busy at the moment. I just wrote to make sure that Eirik is still alive and kicking...
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #228
Cryobeast: *He breathed in as deep as he could to release one more icy attack upon the Nether Dragon, who was doing the same(Except with fire breath.). The Cryobeast release a powerful blow of ice and it went right into the Nether Dragon's throat, hitting the fire breath just before it was launched. The Nether Dragon was down for the moment due to that ice breath, and the Cryobeast was swaying back and forth.* "HISSSSSSSSSS!" *The Cryobeast collapsed right after the hurt Nether Dragon fell.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #229
As the Cryobeast and the Nether Dragon fell, the remaining humans charged the weak and outnumbered demons.

Kel-Aziz inmediatly moved to strike the choking Nether Dragon as it turned over itself in a desperate attempt to breath through all the smoke comming out of its mouth.

This desperate moves provided the men nearby a chance to aproach unoticed. With a hand gesture Kel-Aziz motioned the men over the agonizing beasts. Some were pushed away by the Nether Dragons tail, but that was about all the creature could do to defend itself before spears and swords pierced under its hard scales and ended its misery.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #230
Cryobeast: *The Cryobeast was running a high fever of 80 degrees(Average body temperature is 60 degress. Dies at 15 degrees or 85 degrees.). The fever won't get worse, but he's completely helpless until his body temperature goes back to normal.* "Hisssssss....hisss......." *Twitches.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #231
Lynn gave a shout of victory as she continue to press her men onward. With only 3 Crimson Guard members alive (Including herself), and around 23 soldiers, they charged into the main shrine to find Jesitonia and whatever forces were left...

OOC: I may be confused here, but that's how I see where the forces are. Sorry for the short post, but I really can't do anything right now.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #232
Raphnotch Mesmer stopped flipping channels momentarily, then put down the remote, then started chuckling. Slowly, at first, then faster and louder.

The dragon has a naughty tatoo. heh heh heh.

OOC: this post brought to you by the ink spot, naughty tatoo parlor.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #233
[ooc] How did a small town shrine morph into a massive cathedral? [/ooc]

I don't want to die.

You're dead already.

No.
No. I don't believe that.

Believe it. You are mine. Blood of my blood.

The thing that was Galen follows the adventurers into the shrine. The demons are gone, the undead dispersed. But not the maane. It had remained still in the shadows, forgotten as it directed the undead battle. Now it watches triumphant as the last adventurer passes through the boundaries of the shrine, and it is time to act.

The vanguard whirls around as cold air chills their backs. Beyond the entrance to the shrine they can see nothing. Nothing but blackness and one figure. The figure glides forward, slowly, and the massive doors shut in silence. Beyond all the windows there is only darkness and cold. Nothing living can leave the shrine now.

The creature's eyes stare blankly forward; the bedraggled ribbons hang limply from the tattered remains of its bright clothing. It raises one arm and points.

Six of the remaining soldiers die in a wreath of cold fire that sucks away their spirits.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #234
OOC: Okay. I'll bite. However, I already said where Jesitonia was before.

IC: Celisto looks at Jesitonia with an evil smile as the altar is purified. Jesitonia can do nothing but stare in complete shock as her evil altar loses all of its power. But instead of giving up right then and there, her eyes fill up with fury once again and she chants some words. Celisto knows what they mean; Jesitonia is teleporting away. White light flashes and she disappears, only to reappear on her throne. She turns he attention to the levers. Pulling one of the levers, the entrance to the shrine closes, trapping everyone inside. She then pulls the other lever and the entire platform and level floor in front of it starts lifting off of the ground.

Oscevello: "Stop her!!! She's getting away!!!! She mustn’t get away!!!!"

Lynn and the Crimson guard run towards the platform, but it is already too high to reach. The people in the room can do nothing but stare at the rising platform. Jesitonia than chants something from the throne and the pit in the ground with the link to the underworld starts glowing a bright green and then red. Suddenly undead of all sorts start crawling out of it with a manic speed. Celisto and Oscevello realize that they will all die in this room unless they get to the platform and to the controls.

They both begin chanting and hordes of creatures appear around them, ranging from chitrachs and null bugs to ice lizards and basilisks to troglodytes and other creatures of all sorts. They then begin chanting again and soon start levitating off the ground. They rise into the air closer and closer to the still rising platform. They go right through the now dissipating red cloud and appear in front of Jesitonia on the platform. Jesitonia's initial reaction is shock once again. Her eyes glaze over with total fury and she sends a barrage of death bolts flying at the both of them.

They manage to jump out of the way just in time as the death bolts shatter the brickwork in the wall. Oscevello and Celisto have to find a way to get to the controls without being killed in the process and it will be no easy task. A hand appears on the edge of the platform behind Jesitonia. Oscevello and Celisto notice it, but continue to focus on their battle with Jesitonia so as not to alert her to danger behind her. As the hand lengthens into an arm and the arm gives way to another arm and then a head, they can see easily that it is Kel-Aziz. This is the break that they needed and they don't want to waste the chance, so they both send forth a virtual wall of spells at Jesitonia to keep her busy.

OOC: Ok. I wanted Kel-Aziz to be a part of this battle, and anyone else can join from different points of the platform if they like. Let's make this final battle go out with style.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #235
Lavius began to cast defensive spells on the remaining warriors, such as death ward, protection from undead, and bless. He drew his Falcion and charged at the pit. He jumped over a skeleton and kicked a Troglodyte into several other summoned monsters, throwing them into the pit. He dodged several swings from the skeleton's swords, blocking them with ease. He then strongly swung his falcion, shattering the skeleton in front of him and knocking the others down...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #236
IC:

With one last effort, aided by the sudden mass blessing of Lavius, Kel-Aziz pulled his whole body over the plataform only to encounter an even more astonishing display of flames and lightnings than the battle between the Cryobeast and the Nether Dragons.

This time he watched as Jesitonia resisted all kinds of ofensive spells from Oscevello and Calisto who continued shooting at Jesitonia's position. Then Kel-Aziz realized what was happening, Jesitionia was not aware of him thanks to the constant magical attacks wich served as a perfect cover.

From under his cloak both Darubian waveblades shined once again, even in the dephs of this evil shrine, they glowed with renewed stregth now that Lavius had blessed them. But as a blessing, the light also poved to be a curse when the bright aura around the waveblades revealed his position to the previously distracted Jesitonia. She quickly turned her head and made eye contact with Kel-Aziz just as he was making his swing.

From here time slowed to a crawl. For any mortal eye this was a second, a blink, but for Kel-Aziz and Jesitonia it seemed an eternity. As the waveblade reached Jesitonias cloak she turned the rest of her body over, along with the invisible shield previously blocking the magic missiles from Oscevello and Calisto. Jesitonias body turn came just in time to push the waveblade aside with the shield, however, just as Kel-Aziz's second waveblade came right to pierce the weakened shield, a sudden burst of energy reached Jesitonia from behind. The beam launched seconds earlier by Calisto reached its target. With a massive force Jesitionia's whole body was sent flying towards Kel-Aziz the surprised Kel-Aziz who made a fast dodge with his body...not fast enough.

As a giants blow Kel-Aziz received Jesitionia's weight pushing his body over...and back off the plataform. Before totaly falling over the plataform Kel-Aziz used his faster trained hands to strike the plataform with his waveblade as he fell, but Jesitonia did not waste her chance and grabed on Kel-Aziz's long black cloak.

As the time comes back to normal the result of these fast movements is a cloaked warrior holding from his waveblades, pierced into the plataform, and a young woman mage holding her hole body from the warriors cloak. Both hanging right over a big glowing pit to the Netherworld.

"I need a vacation" said Kel-Aziz ironicaly as he stared into the dephs of the Nether below him.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #237
IC :
Terebrant had kneeled beside Lavius while he sanctified the place then moved to the back, trying to get more rest. He didn't get enough until all adventurers went in.

He had started shuffling his deck when, suddenly, six soldiers died in front of him.

When he looked at what killed them, he saw Galen,

He went to him and saw he was not in possession of his body, like the demonologists he used to talk to he was smooth and fast.

Terebrant came to speak to him, he might confuse the spirit or give a grasp on reality to Galen. Anyway, It will give time to the others.

"What happened to your horse ? I would be glad to go with you to the nearest town but we would have to walk. Do you have enough money to buy another horse ? "

Terebrant was near enough to strike if needed, still hoping that all will be well.

OOC : premonition, I don't know what side you will choose but don't harm me too much.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #238
Cryobeast: *The Cryobeast(It is much colder in the shrine room now, right?) is now much better. His temperature was back to normal. He got up, and he wasn't beserk anymore. Once he saw the undead that were crawling out of the pit, he recongnized some of the people(Now undead) that had helped him through his life as an orphan. He was INFURIATED that Jesitionia is using the for evil! His cryofire glands went on full, and the room was becoming frigid. He extended his ice claws, and then flapped his "wings" and then started hovering in the air.* "RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!" *The room was shaking from the extremely loud roar, and everyone was covering their ears! Jesitionia started falling with Kel-Aziz, but then the Cryobeast made an ice platform which caught Kel-Aziz, and Jesitionia was desperatly hanging. The Cryobeast moved in.*

OOC: Could the Cryobeast freeze Jesitionia on the spot?

[ Tuesday, December 02, 2003 12:12: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #239
OOC: By the way, the creatures that Celisto and Oscevello had summoned before levitating up to the platform were summoned for the purpose of helping to fight the undead, not for additional enemies. Just wanted to make that clear.

IC: Celisto and Oscevello see their chance to get to the controls at last, though they don't want it to be at the cost of the mighty warrior, Kel-Aziz. Celisto motions to Oscevello to head to the controls while she tries to save Kel-Aziz. Oscevello runs up to the throne and sits down, glancing at each of the levers, trying to decide which he should pull first. He decides to lower the platform first, which has almost reached the cathedral above. With one swift jerk of the lever, the platform halts and at the same time gives a nasty shake.

Meanwhile, before Oscevello has reached the throne, Celisto has run to the edge of the platform and is peering over. Below she can see that Kel-Aziz is hanging onto his wave blades and Jesitonia is hanging on to his cloaks. Below them is an ice shield over the pit created by the Cryobeast. Celisto knows if Kel-Aziz and Jesitonia both fall onto it, it will not hold both of their weights once they strike it. It is then that the platform comes to a halt and shakes violently. Kel-Aziz loses his grip and begins to fall. Celisto looks in horror as both he and Jesitonia start plummeting towards the thin ice shield.

Celisto has to think fast, casting a spell she has only ever used once, and not so well the first time. It takes only a moment to say the words, but every moment is valuable in saving Kel-Aziz. She directs her hands towards his receding body and blue web-like ropes shoot out from her hands. They wrap around Kel-Aziz while he is 3/4 of the way to the ice shield, stopping him just in time. However, the weight is too much for her, and it instantly causes Celisto to be thrown to the ground with her arms dangling over the edge.

The lives of Kel-Aziz and Jesitonia now lie in her hands as she struggles to hold on without being pulled over the edge with them. At the same time, Oscevello tries pulling the other lever, but with no result; it won't budge. The platform slowly starts lowering and Celisto realizes that something must be done quickly, or Kel-Aziz and Jesitonia will be pushed through the ice field and into the pit.

OOC: Let's take it from there. This RP is almost done.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #240
Cryobeast: *When the Cryobeast saw Celisto and Kel-Aziz in danger, he remembered what his summoner had told him before he died.
[flashblack]

*The Cryobeast is kneeling by a platform with a dying ice mage lying on it in aqua-colored robes.*
Ice Mage: "Cryobeast, my faithful beast, as long as you live, never let any innocents die..."
*The Cryobeast nods, and a tear strolls down his cheek. The Ice Mage then dies.*

[/flashback]

The Cryobeast speeds up, and scoops up Kel-Aziz and Celisto, and puts them on the ground. Jesitionia fell onto the ice platform, which could hold 2 people. The Cryobeast landed on the platform, readying a mighty battle against Jesitionia.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #241
In response, the KoW immediately declared war, moving troops into position with their allies in the Northerlands for a quick, brutal attack.

[ Tuesday, December 02, 2003 16:49: Message edited by: USA-se Xenerali-boariku CUSITURA ]

--------------------
In a word, gay.
--Bob the Impaler

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #242
Lynn had run to the platform, excited and scared at the same time. Her soldiers, almost decimated. She is the sole survivor of the Crimson Guard, and the undead were still pouring out an assault, even though weak. The only thing holding the assault to break through were the summoned creatures, and maybe 1 or 2 soldiers here and there.

The platform was still lowering, as the Cyrobeast charged for the struggling figures. Time would be the only factor here as Kel-Aziz and Jesitonia struggled without much hope, and Oscevello dangled helplessly near the edge.

Lynn turned away to not look at what would happen next as a thought crossed her mind. Where is Eirik?

OOC: Just trying to keep my character from being butted out. And still active.

[ Wednesday, December 03, 2003 00:32: Message edited by: Tommy ]

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #243
The thing that is not Galen turns, slowly, to look at Terebrant. There is no trace of recognition in it, and Terebrant realises that it had not even heard him. Terebrant continues to speak, hoping for some kind of response. And he gets it.

One arm rises to point at Terebrant. The warrior lunges forward and down, out of the way of the deadly focus. It passes harmlessly over his head, but the short heavy thumps of bodies hitting the ground told him that the spirit-draining had found a secondary target. Terebrant attacks the creature. He aims to distract it and stop it from using that weapon again, and in that he is successful. But the creature has much greater strength than he had reckoned, and the response is swift. It attacks him now with its bare hands; they are chilling cold, and Terebrant feels physically weaker every time he is touched. But the small wounds he deals it do not slow it, nor does it feel the pain; Terebrant soon realises that he will not get away from it easily. He fights now not in defense, but for his life: he does not hold back his blows. But it is to no avail. The creature is fast and strong, and just when Terebrant thinks he may have to destroy it and any chance to recover Galen or die himself, it freezes.

Suddenly, without warning, the creature stands motionless. For the first time an expression settles on its face and some flicker of light shines in its eyes. It looks at Terebrant, and he sees confusion. Terebrant stands ready.

...my horse... Why do you kill them?

They are
gaje. They are only fit to die.

That is not true.

And you call yourself a Wanderer? Did they not burn the wagons of your Family? Have they not hunted you and persecuted you, called you thief and liar? The memories burn in your heart. Was not everything you held dear destroyed by them?

...yes.

And still you would defend them. You are no Wanderer.

Neither are you. You are dead.

Blood of my blood, but you are nothing.
Nothing. You do not even know what you are: tainted, pathetic, dependent on these animals. You have forsaken pride. You are nothing.

I am-

nothing.

Galen. I am Galen. I am a Wanderer, I am myself. Can you say the same, Kinslayer?

The creature howls. Nearly jumping out of his skin at the first noise it has made in battle, Terebrant brings his daggers up and prepares to go for a killing blow. But it turns away from him. Its gaze, burning, falls on Jesitonia. It sends a deadly spirit-draining beam aimed directly at the Necromancer whom it is still beholden to.

Edited as per below.

[ Monday, December 08, 2003 01:26: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #244
OOC : Terebrant fight with two daggers which can be stuck to make one. Also, my character is insensible to magic but he is tired so fighting would drain him. Otherwise, I really liked it.

IC :
Terebrant fought well, but this was not enough. He was getting hit too much and only a few slashes were successful.

He thought he couldn't flee and would have to find a good idea soon to survive when the attacks stopped.

As he took a glance at what was going on behind him he saw Kel-Aziz and Jesitonia in a bad situation and Galen draining the necromancer.

Having no clue if the spirit in Galen took his independance from the necromancer or if Galen returned to normal, he took a break to reunite his daggers and began grinding a tablet on the twin blades, he didn't knew if sleeping drugs woud be effective this way but he had to try.

He took the deck he had to drop and throw it above Galen, trying to cover his attack a bit. Two light cuts appeaered on Galen's side as he passed the weapon frome his right hand to his left but he got punched back again, this time on the head, the coldness was painfull but it eased his headache a bit. He got out of reach and swallowed two tablets.

[ Wednesday, December 03, 2003 03:03: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #245
OOC: Tommy: Calisto and Kel-Aziz were rescued by the Cryobeast. Jesitonia and the Cryobeast are standing over an ice plataform (can hold 2 people only) just over the Nether Pit, at the same time a spirit-draining beam links the maane with Jesitonia.

IC: later...

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #246
Lavius pauses for a minute, as the undead begin to feel afraid of the cleric, and they stop attacking. Lavius begins to chant quickly, and his armor begins to glow a white light. Holy power flowed into him, and he became strong as he cast the spell. He then went beserk on the undead, in a series of powerful strikes and smashes. He pushed back the undead, and with help from the other survivors the undead were pushed back into the pit that they had climbed out of. Lavius began chanting yet again and swirls of pure energy began to form over the pit. The undead let out a final moan as the pit was sealed and the evil banished.

OOC: That'll clear the way for everyone to focus on the remaining powerful demons and Jestonia.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #247
OOC: I was planning on something that involves Jesitionia being frozen onto the ice platform that's falling into the pit.

IC:
Cryobeast(In an angry, cold voice): *The Cryobeast and Jesitionia were staring at eachother.* "It ends here, Jesitionia. You will no longer plague the living with your evil!" *The Cryobeasts eyes glinted, as if an icy cold fire was raging in his eyes(Wait...that IS sort of the case...).* "NO holding back!" *The Cryobeast immediatly formed 2 huge ice bolts and hurled them at Jesitionia, followed by a large ice breath.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #248
OOC: Well, there goes the one way to get rid of her. I thought of another awesome way. This post is very, very long, but being the owner of the RP, I have to set the scene for the final part of the battle before the end of the RP.

IC: Celisto gets up off the ground and pulls Kel-Aziz to his feet. Then she takes notice of exactly where she is. The foolish Cryobeast had saved them, but had put them down on the ground right beneath the still lowering platform, which was only ten feet from being in it's original position. Oscevello obviously has no idea that they are currently under it or he would have stopped it. When Celisto and Kel-Aziz try to rush out from under the platform, they suddenly find that their feet are frozen in place by the ice forming in the room.

Celisto and Kel-Aziz realize their impending deaths and both try to come up with ways to escape this death trap. Kel-Aziz realizes that he is stuck in magic ice and decides that his wave blades are not the answer. He alerts Celisto to the fact that they are standing in magical ice and magic is their only answer for escape. Celisto gives him an annoyed look as if to say "Don't you think I know that?" She has already made the same observations and knows that fire magic is their only option. The platform is now at 8 feet from it's original position and is still coming down.

She realizes that telepathically speaking to Oscevello would be pointless, as it would take too long. She considers casting a groundfire spell, which coats the ground with liquid fire and can melt the ice quickly enough. There is a risk that it might catch the two of them on fire, but she decides to take it. Being burned is less severe than being crushed by the platform or falling on the liquid nitrogen-like ice and freezing solid and then being crushed by the plat-form.

As she casts the spell, the ground beneath them covers with a yellowish liquid and then sparks on fire magically. The ice instantly starts to melt and they are free within seconds, without any burns. They run quickly out from underneath the platform with no time to spare as the platform meets both their heights and keeps going down. As they emerge from underneath the platform, they can see the Cryobeast attacking Jesitonia on the ice shield with ice bolts, and her sending spells at the Cryobeast as well. As she is dodging the ice bolts and being hit by some, the frame of the portal in the platform slowly comes down around them, restricting their movement for a minute or two.

They then notice that Jesitonia is moving slower than normal and that some sort of green beam is enveloping her body. Celisto and Kel-Aziz turn around to see its origin and are surprised to see that it's coming from Galen the Wanderer. They both figure that he must have regained control of his mind and is now fighting back against his controller. Despite him having control of his own mind again, the room continues to get colder and colder. The ice in the room becomes liquid-like, freezing anything it touches to the ground in place like a statue, with some of it being thicker for some reason around the Cryobeast. The adventurers start standing on the seats to escape the liquid freeze below them. Even the candles on the shelves are extinguished by the freeze, and then pop from the sudden contracting of the wax.

With a loud mechanical and stone thud, the platform meets its target on the floor and locks into place, with the chains rattling slightly. Celisto finally sees Oscevello, but he is not looking at her. Instead, he is seated on the throne and isn't moving in any way except for his breathing. Celisto rushes past Jesitonia and the Cryobeast and up onto the platform to the throne, avoiding the liquid ice on the ground. As she stands in front of Oscevello, she can see that he is shivering slightly, but not from cold. But he doesn't seem to see Celisto. He is staring straight ahead at the seats in the shrine with eyes so piercing it almost seems that he is looking right through them. Each of his hands is on a lever, clutching them tightly.

Celisto calls Kel-Aziz to her and he makes his way over gingerly, dodging ice bolts along the way and liquid ice along the way. Celisto speaks to him with anguish in her voice.

Celisto: "What has happened to him?!!! Do you know?!!! I have an idea, but I wanted your verification."

Kel-Aziz takes off a glove and puts his hand on Oscevello's forehead. He instantly feels an evil power flowing into his hand and like a reflex pulls it away quickly. Kel-Aziz nods his head.

Kel-Aziz: "I think your suspicions are right. Jesitonia or some immense evil power has somehow gotten a hold of his mind and won't let him move or do anything. We have to break the link somehow. But how?"

Celisto looks around and then notices the chair seems to have an unnatural aurora around it. She noticed it before when Jesitonia was sitting in it as well, but it was a lot weaker.

Celisto: "It must be the chair!!!! I bet the altar has a direct link to the chair and the portal pit. That's why they were arranged one in front of the other. It's an evil "power tap" or battery as we called it in Delgotto's kingdom. He had the same type of thing in his evil shrine. When one of the objects is sanctified, the others receive its share of the power, making them stronger. The links to the portal pit and the altar have been severed, putting the full force of the power in the chair!! DEAR GOD!!!! We must get him out of this chair quick, before the evil power corrupts his mind and makes him one with Jesitonia!!!!"

Kel-Aziz: "But why did he sit down in it again? Didn't he realize the danger?"

Celisto: "I'm sure he did. He probably realized it when he first sat in it to stop the platform's ascent. The power wasn't strong enough then to take hold of his mind. He watched the portal pit intently as it was sealed up and sanctified while the Cryobeast was taking us to the ground, but didn't pay attention to where it dropped us. He must have realized where that was when he couldn't see us at all after bringing his attention back to the Cryobeast. He must have come back to the fully powered throne and sat down in it to try to stop the platform from lowering. That's why his hands are clutching the levers. The power hit him before he could throw them."

Kel-Aziz: "Well, let's get him out of the chair then."

Celisto and Kel-Aziz begin pulling at Oscevello to get him out of the chair, but he seems to be rooted to the spot. They succeed in getting his hands off of the levers, but both of them are thrown in the process. The entrance door to the shrine opens up again, the platform once again starts ascending towards the Cathedral, and panic sets in the faces of Celisto and Kel-Aziz.

OOC: My idea for a good ending since the portal pit is now gone would be to knock Jesitonia under the rising platform into the liquid nitrogen-like ice and freeze her to the ground. Then get Kel-Aziz, Celisto, and Oscevello away from the platform somehow.

After that, we could find some way to break the chains holding the platform up and bring it down on her. We need something different from that of the previous Zombie Attack RP and the Baltazar the Mad RP. I want this RP to go out with an excellent bang. It's almost finished.

[ Friday, December 05, 2003 20:13: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #249
OOC: I could easily do the chopping up of the chains. However, I would only do that; it would be up to you to describe her demise.

IC: Lynn could not help but feel a tad bit angry at the Cyrobeast for creating a liquid ice floor. She stood on the chair, and waited for any command. There would be no way to get anywhere at the moment, and watching the Cyrobeast try to kill Jesitonia wasn't exactly the thing Lynn had in mind. She gripped her spear more tightly, the same one from the shrine above ground.

The storm outside had receeded to a quiet, dull strain of rain.

--------------------
-Random Quote

Pages