Zombie Attack RP 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Zombie Attack RP 2
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #250
OOC: MSW, u have a PM concerning some character interpretation problems.

IC: Kel-Aziz stared at the static Oscevello, he then turned to see the battle between the Cryobeast and Jesitonia. Surprisingly, Jesitonia seemed to be taking the harder hits from the ice bolts thanks to the maane link.

Calisto spoke again in a worried tone "We must take him out of that chair...there must be a spell that...".

Kel-Aziz interrupted "Steel is a discipline on its own, and a master fighter is capable of feats of arms that can be as potent as any magic."

With a fast low spin movement aimed at the thrones legs, both blessed waveblades sliced by it like a hot knife through butter.

Just as the throne fell to a side Oscevello waked up from the trance. He then turned to Kel-Aziz "How did you...".

"There will be time for that later." Kel-Aziz replied as he pointed to the chains pulling the plataform from the sides. "Those are our next targets" Both Oscevello and Calisto noded. "Oscevello you take the ones on the left, Calisto you take the middle ones they seem enchanted in some way, I will take the ones on the right."

"What about the Cryobeast...?" asked Calisto staring at the still ragin battle.

"Dont worry about the beast, It is quick and agile, I have seen it battle the Nether Dragons, Jesitonia in the other hand, is frozen to the ground and bearly capable to sustain her defenses, now quick, we dont have much time".

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #251
Just so it is not misinterpreted, Jesitonia is not under the platform. Think of the frame of a sandbox or even a trap door on the sidewalk that leads into a basement of a building. The pit frame serves the same type of purpose. There is a frame in the masonry to make room for the pit; only it does not have doors on it. It is just a stone-framed pit in the ground. Jesitonia and the Cryobeast are standing on the ice shield over the pit, and if the platform were to fall now, she would be undamaged because she is standing inside the frame.

I suggest that you don't have Oscevello, Celisto, or Kel-Aziz on the platform when it falls either. Being on something with the massive size and weight of the platform could be deadly to anyone standing on it when it falls and hits the ground. There are a lot more chains than you think. If you are going to break all of them in different section, then remember that each section has at least 8 chains to hold the weight up at that area. So there are 24 chains in all holding up this extremely wide platform. (Think of the stairs and platforms of buildings in Ancient Greece or Ancient Rome)

I will take the responsibility of describing her death scene, but please at least knock her underneath the platform. I will give the rest of the details.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #252
OOC: Sorry if I didnt discribe the plan better. My idea was to just jump of the plataform, you an Oscevello can fly so you have no poblem there. Remember its only half way up, and a huga plataform like that does not need to speed up in its fall to squash any being under it. As for Jesitonia I was hoping the Cyobeast pushed her under the plataform. BTW, Lynn and Lavius can destroy the other chains from below....

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #253
Cryobeast: *The Cryobeast's skin is starting to become pale. THe Cryobeast whips his arms at Jesitionia, and everyone's suprised to see she gets covered with liquid ice! The Cryobeast's BLEEDING! Everyone sees that the liquid ice is not liquid ice at all, it's the Cryobeast's BLOOD(He sure has a lot of blood!)! If the Cryobeast bleeds to death, there will be almost no way to escape the river of freezing blood! Jesitionia may be frozen for the moment, but the Cryobeast needs immediate attention. His cryofire glands turn off, to try to keep his vitals up.* "HISSSS!!!!" *He moans in pain, and collapses. The added weight of the frozen Jesitionia is causing the ice platform to fall! No one can afford having the Cryobeast burst open!*

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #254
Lavius turned towards the platform. He noticed the chains were frozen. He began casting a spell, and a Sword of Fire formed at his feet. "Lynn, catch! Hit the chains when the time is right!" he shouted to Lynn, as he tossed it to her...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #255
...you see this post above mine? For the love of god, RPs need some sort of standard higher than this.
And needless to say, the next one will.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #256
OOC: What to do? What to do? I am becoming lost. Don't believe everything Zephyr has to say there. The liquid ice under the platform, on the ice shield, and on the level ground in front of the platform is from the Cryobeast. The liquid ice on the walls and among the seat isles is not. Don't forget that the rows of seats are on an incline like a movie theater or an amphitheater. And blood cannot travel uphill unless it has a life of it own like in the X-Files movie. Not to mention that this is a massive shrine and the Cryobeast can't have anywhere near enough blood.

IC: Celisto, Kel-Aziz, and Oscevello start trying to break the chains, but the enchantment seems to be too strong, keeping the chains from breaking. Then Kel-Aziz succeeds in getting one of them to snap.

Kel-Aziz: "Focus on the links just above the ground. It's the weak spot."

If it weren't for the walls on both sides of the platform and in back, the platform might have started swinging violently from the sudden slackness in one of the chains. They decide to leave the outer chains, the chains on the four corners, alone to steady the platform and too keep it up. As they begin breaking all of the others chains, groans can be heard from the chains in the corners. Every chain that is broken produces a louder groan. However, being enchanted, the chains will hold until forcefully broken.

Soon Kel-Aziz’s wave blades and Celisto and Oscevello’s magic break all of the other chains. It is then that they realize that the platform is still rising. They know this because it reaches the top with a metallic clang and stops moving. They are now in the old Cathedral and can see that the platform perfectly fits into place where the original was. They can see through the now shattered stained-glass windows that the zombies are still roaming the streets. And in even greater numbers than before.

Oscevello grasps the situation and gets the attention of the others.

Oscevello: "We must get this platform back down to the shrine. Then we can figure out a way to destroy the now weakened Jesitonia once and for all. There is only one problem. Which lever will let us back down?"

They look over at the throne lying on its side and the two protruding levers in the platform. Celisto walks over and examines them.

Celisto: "I don't think it really matters. I noticed before that the one lever does nothing unless coupled with its mechanism down in the shrine. I saw the mechanism from underneath."

Oscevello: "Well, I say that we just try both levers. What's the worst that can happen?"

Kel-Aziz: "I wouldn't be so optimistic if I were you. Always expect the unexpected. That is a rule I know very well."

Celisto: "Well, here goes nothing."

Celisto stoops down in a crouched position and puts her hands around a lever. With little difficulty, she manages to pull it towards her. At first, nothing happens. Then a set of groaning noises and the shaking of the platform makes her think that maybe something is wrong or maybe she pulled the correct one and the platform was trying to lower itself. Her first assumption was right because a clicking noise, like the unlocking of a large lock can be heard coming from the apparently sealed Cathedral door.

Oscevello: "Oh, dear lord!!! I hope that isn't doing what I think it’s doing!!"

Suddenly and without warning, the door creaks open revealing a whole horde of zombies in the street. The zombies notice the open door and start heading for it. Soon a large number of them enter the Cathedral, notice the three humans standing on the altar platform, and make their way towards them. Kel-Aziz looks as calm as ever.

Celisto: "God I hate it when you're right Kel-Aziz!!!"

Oscevello: "For god sakes, Celisto!! Pull the other lever already!!!!"

Celisto: "Ok!! Ok!! Geez!!! Don't get your magic all in a twist!!!"

She reaches for the other lever and throws it quickly. Another sound like a lock unlocking can be heard and the platform suddenly starts lowering, with the zombies getting closer by the minute. When the zombies reach the area where the platform was, they don't stop there. They walk right into the empty space and fall down to the platform, despite the injuries to their own bodies. They pour like salt onto the platform and Celisto, Oscevello, and Kel-Aziz have to stand off to the sides to avoid being rained on by the zombies. Some of the zombies get up and start attacking them as the platform continues to lower, much faster than before because of it heavier burden and only four chains.

OOC: Ok. Just knock Jesitonia under it and I will write the death scene. Nazgul, I made the changes you wanted. So go back, read it, and tell me if you are satisfied.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #257
OOC: Ah, yes. My bust for not realizing that the shrine everyone is in is shaped like an ampitheater (sp?). Sorry about that. =/

IC:

Lynn grasped at the Sword that was tossed, and managed to get it into hold. Before her, the liquid ice had formed solid, and the Cyrobeast was getting tired. Jesitonia was soon to be getting the upper hand, rooted as she was. She tossed another lighting spray at the Cryobeast, with him narrowly dogding it, and shooting back an ice bolt. His bleeding was becoming worse; something would have to be done about it.

Lynn stepped down from the seat and touched upon the ice. Her footing was not too great on in; she slipped twice before really getting hold of her way. Looking up, she noticed the platform was all the way up. The three people on it had also gone. Lynn looked at Jesitonia again, and then at the platform. And then at the chains. Lynn knew exactly what to do.

She started going in a counter clockwise fashion and cut each chain, one by one, until the last chain was near Jesitonia. By now, the rattling of the platform had begun again, and the three people were coming back down. The decent was going much faster though; Zombies were clattering all over the platform, falling like rain from the shrine above. Lynn drew out her spear, the same one from the shrine again. I hope this works... She hurled the spear with all her might toward Jesitonia, avoiding the platform all together. The spear hit; but instead of just going into her, it... exploded. Jesitonia flew back and right under the platform, free from her frozen bonds, but heavily beat from the force and impact of the spear.

Lynn drew the Sword of Fire, and with two swings, cut the last chain.

OOC: Okay, I know it may be doing many, many things. But hey, the Cyrobeast is badly wounded. Well, if you don't like it, I'll go ahead and redo, and just maybe delete, this whole post, okay?

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #258
*Then something happened. The Cryobeast turn blue for a moment, then, to everyone's dismay, the Cryobeast died!
He must've had an endless blood spell cast on him at birth, and it just wore off! All the liquid ice immediatly froze, and no longer froze anything else. When the Cryobeast's body hit the floor, many ice stalagmites appeared. Several people searched the stalagmites for the Cryobeast's body, but all they found was and ice coated egg.*

OOC: Jesitionia COULD fall to her death now, you know. FYI, that egg is the Cryobeast.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #259
OOC: OH HEY!!!!!!!!! Zephyr posted.

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #260
OOC: Ok. Now for the death scene. I'm afraid your chain part would never work the way you had it. Therefore, I will modify it a little. Keeping most of it intact though. Sorry. This is going to be rather long and with a sad surprise ending for Jesitonia. Jesitonia will die under the platform. However, the circumstance will be sad.

IC: The zombies just keep pouring down from above to the point where there are so many of them on the platform that the enchanted chains begin to groan. The newer falling zombies begin knocking some of the other ones off the edge down to the seats where they are shattered into lots of fleshy shards on impact. While fighting off the zombies, Kel-Aziz, Oscevello, and Celisto notice the increasing rate of the falling platform. Being only 85% of the way down, they know that the chains will not hold forever.

This being almost confirmed by the snapping sounds they begin hearing. But it isn't the above chains that are snapping, but the tension chains underneath that guide the platform down. This automatically causes the platform to quiver and the three adventurers have to drop onto their stomachs to keep from being tossed off the platform. A good number of the zombies are shaken off of it, however, all shattering as they hit the ground below.

The platform stops shaking only momentarily as more of the tension chains are broken causing it to shudder more. By this time, the platform has started descending more and more rapidly, having just reached the 75% down mark in a matter of seconds. The three adventurers realize that they must do something to get off of the platform now before it's too late so they walk to the edge and look down at the rapidly approaching ground to make some quick observations.

It is then that they see Lynn with her Sword of Fire. They figure that she must have been cutting the tension chains. Then Celisto and the others see her pick up the Blessed Spear from the small aboveground shrine. She throws it at Jesitonia and it explodes when it hits her, sending her flying back underneath the descending platform. 'What luck,' Celisto thinks to herself as she ponders how to get off the platform. An idea comes to her and Oscevello at the same time.

They know very well that they can just levitate off the platform, but they worry more about the shockwave that might be caused by its impact with the ground below. They decide that flying is their only course of escape, though, and as they start to cast their spells, the realization that Kel-Aziz is still there with them sets in. Kel-Aziz cannot jump from this height and expect to get out of the shrine in time, despite his immortality. Kel-Aziz however shows no sign of worry on his face. He looks at Celisto and Oscevello and can tell what they are thinking. He is willing to take the risk and voices his side.

Kel-Aziz: "I know what you are thinking. But don't worry about me. I will find a way to get off of this platform. I don’t plan to die here."

Celisto gets a look of annoyance on her face like when she hears someone bragging. Oscevello gets a similar look. But the exchanging of glances doesn't last long. For some reason, the platform ceases dropping suddenly, causing it to shake violently. The zombies had since ceased falling from above and the last of them fall over the edge down to the ground below, busting into dozens of fleshy pieces. The three adventurers once again have to drop onto their stomachs to keep from falling off. None of them can figure out why it has stopped. A look over the edge tells them though as the platform begins to rise up slowly at a snail’s pace.

They can see Lynn staring straight ahead in shock. Celisto manages to bend her body enough to look under the platform. The sight she sees is haunting. Jesitonia is on her back in an odd flat position with her legs twisted to the side and her hands raised towards the platform, quivering like they are under tremendous strain. It is obvious that she is holding it up with magic. However, something isn't right about the position of her body and the realization of it hits Celisto hard. The explosion from the spear must have thrown her back into the wall under the platform with so much force that her spine was snapped instantly, making her legs useless.

Jesitonia can see Celisto's head peering over the edge down at her from the platform high above and Celisto can see her face staring up at her from below. Jesitonia has a look of absolute terror on her face. Celisto can see that Jesitonia is also crying hysterically. Her face is no longer that of the evil woman who had been assaulting them earlier. Gone was the evil aurora around her body. Celisto begins to feel sorry for her, but can't right away understand the sudden change of Jesitonia's personality.

Then something off to the side of Jesitonia catches her eye. The evil robes are lying in a burning heap on the floor, becoming charred and in tatters from the fighting. Celisto understands what has happened. The explosion from the spear caught the robes on fire and after becoming paralyzed, she managed to sit up slightly and pull the robes off and throw them to the side. This released her from their evil power, restoring her to the frightened young woman she once was.

It is then that Kel-Aziz and Oscevello manage to look beneath the platform at Jesitonia and soon they can see why Celisto has been staring down at Jesitonia for almost five minutes straight. They also begin to feel slightly sorry for her, but they realize that nothing can be done and quickly get off their stomachs and stand up. Celisto, however, can sympathize with Jesitonia, for she too was a woman once corrupted by evil power and it took the destruction of a peaceful kingdom by Delgotto to snap her out of it.

Celisto then dangles her one arm over the edge and holds her hand out to Jesitonia to help her with magic. She begins to cast a spell to move her out from underneath the platform and save her, but Kel-Aziz and Oscevello cut her short. As they forcefully pull her up, Celisto looks in Jesitonia's eyes, seeing her fear and hears her say "help me!" as she is pulled up out of sight. Celisto begins cursing at Oscevello and Kel-Aziz for interrupting her.

Celisto: "BARBARIANS!!!!! Why did you stop me?!!!! She isn't evil anymore!!!! Don't you understand?!!!! DAMN YOU!!! She can't hold this platform up for much longer!!!! We can't just leave her there!!!"

They could only bow their heads slightly in sorrow and point to Lynn, who was running up to the last chain with the Sword of Fire to sever it. Celisto automatically calls out in protest as Lynn severs the last tension chain providing slack for the main four holding the platform up.

Celisto: "NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

But it's too late. Oscevello forces Celisto to finish her flight spell, and she obeys as the four chains go taught. Kel-Aziz still believing he can jump from the platform prepares himself to do so. But Oscevello and Celisto have other plans as they each grab one of his arms and levitate quickly off the platform. Kel-Aziz struggles in protest but soon gives in letting them remove him from the platform safely. Celisto steals one more look at Jesitonia as her and Oscevello quickly fly towards the entrance. Jesitonia is looking straight at her and yells these words to her as her magical power begins to fail.

"Don't blame yourself. It's not your fault. I'm sorry for everything evil I've done. Please don't cry over me. I'll cry for myself. Forgive me. For I am forsaken. I am damned. I "was" evil."

With that, her hold over the platform breaks and the chains snap all at once, sending the platform hurtling down at her. Jesitonia lets out a horrendous scream that shakes the shrine greatly. The scream soon turns to a loud prayer and she closes her eyes and accepts her impending death. Celisto turns away and faces the shrine entrance because she can't bear to watch Jesitonia's horrifying death. The three adventurers reach the shrine doorway at the same time as Lynn, who is carrying an icy blue egg. It is at that moment that Jesitonia's scream ceases and is replaced by the tremendous boom of the platform impacting the ground beneath it.

As soon as the platform strikes the ground, a shockwave of tremendous proportions is sent forth, sending shelves, walls, chairs, bodies, and what-ever-have-you flying everywhere in the shrine. The only thing on everyone's mind now is getting away from the shockwave as the shrine begins to cave-in and the same thing begins happening to the main hall that the surviving adventurers are currently standing in when it reaches that. They all take off running along the main corridor to get to the small opening to the aboveground shrine.

It is a race between certain death from being buried alive and getting out of the passage in time.

OOC: It's up to the rest of you to show the cave-in scenes and how you all manage to get out of the passage. Remember, magical barriers are blocking the entrance to the passage from the aboveground shrine. Maybe there is another secret entrance to this passage. After all, I did happen to say much earlier in this RP that the Vampires had spotted some of Jesitonia's followers entering the sewers.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #261
Lavius casts a quick haste spell on the group as they leave...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #262
In the wake of Jesitonia's death and the subsequent instability of the temple, the Wanderer is forgotten. Galen watches the adventurers flee the shine. He does not move; from the emptiness in his eyes, one might think that he is mindless. It is very nearly true: a storm of fury and exultation rages inside him, a hunger and freedom that threatens to drown Galen. The death of the Necromancer has destroyed the final tenuous constraints imposed on the maane by its summoning.

blood hunger blood give me

No.

It is all he can do to remain still. Galen is adamant; with the remnants of his battered spirit he holds on, determined not to let the maane gain control and reach the world above. He will not be responsible for the deaths that will follow if the maane is released. He will not.

Oh, but there is a joy in letting go; a freedom in surrendering to hunger. A seduction in the storm, for it knows no care nor fear. It offers power, yes; power to set right all the wrongs done him in the long exile of the Wanderers, power to take what he craves. The wild storm that is the maane calls to him, pulls him, consumes him. Galen wants it. With a desire sharp and painful, he wants to let himself go. To relinquish all memory and pain, to renounce all ties. The compulsion to leave the shrine that is now empty in more ways than one and take to the world is overwhelming. He is not strong enough to fight the wild storm; his will to do so is draining rapidly away.

But the lives that the maane hungers for are those of Wanderers, blood of his blood. And Galen will send his own spirit to the endless Void before he will ever become Kinslayer.

And so he stands, and does not move, and watches the flight of the adventurers beyond the stones that begin raining down around him.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #263
Lynn, carrying the icy blue egg in one arm, dragged Eirik in the other. He was frozen stiff from the sight of final minutes of Jesitonia and could not move alone. Terebrant followed behind. Kel-Aziz, Celisto, and Oscevello hurry in front as the shockwave continues to spread through the shrine. Lavius is the last to leave, murmuring something. His arms spread, and everyone feels lighter on their feet.

Lynn could not help but feel strange, running away from the shrine. She had lost everyone she had command over, and lost her whole Guard. But the worst feeling came from cutting that last chain. She didn't expect Jesitonia to look like that. Her expression, her face, the fear of it all... Her mind reverted back to the shockwave as the team continue to race down the corridors.

In a sense, this was almost like quickfire. Lynn could remember her experience with using such a thing, for she had seen in once. Almost every soldier in her company died that day far long ago. Shaking her head, she forced out the memories trying to flood back it, and concentrated on getting out.

Celisto stopped before reaching the hole to the town shrine, and looked in a different direction. "Over here!" She shouted and turned a different corner. "What is she thinking?" Eirik muttered. "Just shut up and keep following," Lynn replied, giving a hard tug on his arm. The group turned away from the hole and raced down a different passage.

The rain had stopped. Only the winds blew furiously outside.

OOC: Man, that was almost a tear jerker scene you made, MSW. Great job!

EDIT: Holy crap! Galen kills himself! Wow, this RP is having a great climax... (Although, sad.)

[ Monday, December 08, 2003 01:38: Message edited by: Tommy ]

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #264
OOC: Well, I haven't been posting here in a long, long time mostly because of my limited time and the fact that this final battle was extremely hard to get a grip of. It ended well, however. Thank you for keeping my character alive, Tommy.

IC: Eirik felt the cool night breeze against his chin and opened his eyes. It was still dark and he could only barely see the people standing around him, talking with each other. The eastern sky was, however, already gently gleaming in a purple hue. A new day was making its entrance. He sat up.

"Take it easy." Eirik turned his head and noticed Lynn sitting beside him, holding a strange blue egg in her hands. She smiled at him, but the smile did not reach her eyes. Something was wrong.

"Where...are we?" He hesitated, afraid of asking the question that laid on his mind. Lynn seemed to know what he wanted to know, however.

"We got out. You remember how the tunnels started caving in? We...got separated. I don't know about the rest... And Jesitonia is...gone. She...ah, never mind. She is gone." Lynn turned away.

Eirik tried to understand what she was saying. So it had all turned out well, after all? Jesitonia was dead and they were still alive.

"And the others are still...down there?" Lynn answered but didn't turn around. "I don't know. But I saw Galen."

It took a time before Eirik remembered the man who had saved his life?" Lynn nodded. "And you said you saw him?" Another nod. "Then I don't und..."

"He is dead. I saw him when we fled. He didn't even try to get out. He is dead." Again Lynn went quiet.

Eirik pondered on the words of the warrior. So Galen was dead. Now that you thought of it, he had always been a little mysterious and quite secluded, always talking about his own people. Eirik remembered the soft voice with which the Wanderer had called him back to life when the curse had ravaged him, but not much else. And now Galen was dead and he was never going to be able to even thank the strange man that had saved his life. Eirik sighed heavily, his heart filled with sorrow. Some victories always felt too expensive.

"I see."

And so the mercenary and the warrior sat there, side by side, waiting for the new dawn to emerge.

OOC: I didn't want to ruin your fun so you may describe the way you got out of the caves in detail if you want to. I personally think it's not that important and so I will finish here. It has been a pleasure playing with you. Thank you all.

[ Monday, December 08, 2003 02:17: Message edited by: Ironweed ]
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #265
OOC: Time for my character to leave. Had fun with you people, GG.

IC:

As Kel-Aziz removed the last boulder out of his way a bright and almost blinding ray of light pierced his eyes and face. As he covered his eyes with his dirty hands, he slowly began to recognize the surroundings. The explosion he had bearly escaped alive and that had separated him from the rest of the group back in the sewers had led him into a natural underground tunnel wich led him righ outside the town limits.

Smiling, as the heat of the new sun embraced him again, Kel-Aziz turned to see the town he left behind.

Smoke still rised from many of the destroyed buildings and the inn was but a pile of rubble. Even from his distant point Kel-Aziz could see many of the zombies and skeleton remains burn and turn to smoke with the touch of the new sun. Some even turned and moved slightly, trying in vain to remain in the world of the living. Fortunatly, after a few minutes, nothing but the human casualties remained.

After a while, a few of the more distant housings began to show signs of life, as women, children and old men slowly walked out into the open, walking along the corpse filled streets searching for their husbands, fathers and sons....the search only revealed sorrow and pain as many encountered their familiars or lovers.

It was a sad sight to behold, a horrible one, yet a sight he was painfully accustomed to by the curse of inmortality. Had they realy won anything? "Defeat isn't bitter if you don't swallow it", though Kel-Aziz to himself as he gave his back to the town, acomodating his long black cloack around him and slowly started walking to the new horizon, walking and searching for more adventures that would keep him from the madness of inmortality. That was the only way he could live with his curse, that and the drinking...hopefully he would not fall in that way again.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #266
*The egg started to shake once the sun hit it. Lynn could hear whispering and hissing coming from the egg.*
Egg: "Cold...hisssssss...need cold..." *The Cryobeast is alive!*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #267
OOC: This is my character's last post for this RP. The rest of you can wrap up yours and Firedrake, I will allow you to create its ending, as you created this RP, I think the right to end it is in your hands, not mine.

IC: Celisto and Oscevello, having gotten outside through use of the sewers and having helped the rest of the group out with them, stand back on the sidewalk and get their bearings. The center of town close to the Cathedral, the inn, and the aboveground shrine has been the most ravaged. The Cathedral has collapsed in on itself, leaving behind a single section of wall with a stained-glass window still intact in it. It is a picture of a cross, and the sun is shining from the horizon behind it, casting an eerie picture glow against the building they are standing in front of.

As they look across the town towards the aboveground shrine, they note that all the weaker built houses up to the inn have caved into the passages below them, leaving behind nothing but rubble. As Celisto’s eyes fix upon where the inn was, she fears her possessions have been lost into the vast hole in the ground. It looks as if the whole inn has collapsed into the passage, but this thought is wrong. As she starts walking towards the sinkhole, the roof of the inn comes into view. It hasn't collapsed after all, having just sunk into the ground, leaving everything unharmed.

She then examines the above-ground shrine that is a short distance away. It was on fire and was nothing but rubble. She starts hearing a pounding noise coming from the exposed roof in front of her suddenly, causing her to turn her attention back to it. She sends forth a fire spell to burn away a section. After extinguishing the fire, a human pops out of the hole that was created. It is the innkeeper. He has a hammer and a knife in his hands and must have been trying to bust his way out. As she helps him out of the hole, soldiers start popping out as well. Some of them have survived the zombie hordes as well, but not without being damaged somewhat. The innkeeper starts talking then.

Innkeeper: "Thank god you came along. Damn lead-plate roofs. Almost impossible to get out of, but you melted it away for us. We had boarded up the entrance to the inn, along with the windows hoping the zombies wouldn't get in and then hid in the attic. We were fine until the inn sank into the ground. Then we became afraid we would be buried alive. But then you came along to save the day. It will take a lot of rebuilding, but we will manage it."

Celisto: "Are the other floors intact?"

Innkeeper: "They should be, as nothing in the inn collapsed at all except for the ground beneath it."

Thank god, Celisto thought to herself as she helped all the surviving soldiers out of the tunnel. As soon as they were all out, her and some of the other adventurers went inside to see if any of their belongings were salvageable. Celisto found her ward spell still intact and a huge pile of zombie ash sitting in front of her door. Pushing it aside, she removes the spell and opens the door. She decides to change out of her battle robes and into some peasantry clothing, putting on a pale green button-up shirt and a pair of blue jeans.

Packing up her robes and everything else in the trunk, she drags it up into the attic and out of the hole onto the street. She sees a boy up and about and gets his attention. She tells him to get her a long-distance carriage and pays him a sixpence. He runs off towards the stables as an already filled carriage comes around the corner. The man inside tells the driver to stop and gets out. It’s Oscevello. He then walks up to Celisto.

Oscevello: "So, are you going my way Celisto or should I say "adieu"?"

Celisto: "No, unfortunately, I am not. This town holds too many bad memories now and I feel it would be better if I moved on. I was going to leave with Kel-Aziz, but he left the passage through the old mine instead. I’m probably never going to see him again, but then again, who knows. With Delgotto gone and Jesitonia dead, this land is finally at peace again. Now I can move on and help others everywhere I can. How about you? Where are you headed to?"

Oscevello: "Hmmmm. I'm not sure. I guess I too have come to the same conclusions as you. I want to move on and help others as well. I can rest now that I know that an evil like Jesitonia's and Delgotto's no longer exists in these lands. However, I cannot say the same of other lands. But, perhaps our paths will cross again. Till then."

They bow to each other and she sits down on her trunk as he smiles and puts a hat on his head and then some shades over his eyes. Then just before climbing into the carriage, he stops, turns, and walks back to Celisto. Celisto seems almost confused at this strange movement of his.

Oscevello: "Oh by the way, Celisto..."

He pulls her to him and gives her a passionate kiss. She is quite surprised by this revelation and starts to fight back, but soon gives in to her emotions. She realizes during the kiss that they might never see each other again and she wants it to last. She wraps her arms around him and he does the same to her. Everyone around them stares and some even chuckle. Oscevello forces himself to break the kiss and then stares into her eyes, saying this poem to her.

Oscevello: "There's a land beyond the river. That they call the sweet forever. And we only reach that shore by faith's decree. One by one, we'll gain the portals. There to dwell with the immortals. When they ring the golden bells for you and me."

Celisto: "That was beautiful, Oscevello. You know, I had a crush on you since I first met you. I can see now that the feeling was definitely mutual. Well, until we meet again. And if we don't meet again until after death, we will walk through the gates of eternity hand in hand."

Oscevello: "Hmmmm. You speak poetry as well. And yes, until we meet again. Goodbye, my sweet Celisto."

He pulls something out of his pocket, puts it in her hand, and closes it. Then he turns back to the carriage and gets inside. Soon he is off in the carriage and taking one last look back at her, disappears from sight around a street corner. Celisto opens her hand and sees a sapphire communication necklace. It will let her know his proximity to her in the world and she can communicate with him telepathically through this amulet. She smiles and stuffs it into her jeans.

Soon a carriage pulls up and the boy gets out. He is just an average 16-year-old peasant boy, but seems very eager and proud to be helping one of the adventurers that saved the town. When her trunk is secured to the roof rack, she gets inside and then motions to the boy, who is surprised and awkwardly steps up to the carriage. She puts something in his hand and tells the driver to go, while shutting the door. The carriage heads in the opposite direction of Oscevello's and soon too disappears around a street corner.

The boy opens his hand and sees a ruby. The boy nearly faints at the sight of the gem, but quickly regains his composure and hides it in his pocket. He then runs home to show it to his mother. Meanwhile. Celisto is close to the edge of town and passes the familiar warehouse where she had met the vampires. Then she sees them in the shadows on the sidewalk. They wave their thanks to her and she waves back. One of them steps forward and stops the driver. One opens the door and Celisto sees that it is the female vampire. She hands Celisto a scroll and a gold bar, and before she can speak, the vampire shuts the door.

The carriage starts moving again and soon they reach the edge of town. She opens the latch to the window, letting some light into the carriage. She examines the gold bar and finds it to be normal. When she opens the scroll tube, she finds no scroll but instead a roll of material. When she unravels it, she finds that it is a large intact section of the evil robes Jesitonia had been wearing. She can still feel the evil emanating from them and sees a patch of blood on a part of it. She can't conceive in any way how this could have survived the cave-in, the falling platform, or have even been retrieved for that matter.

But remembering Galen and Lynn, she conceives that anything is impossible. Then she finds a note at the bottom of the scroll tube and it reads like this.

"Hello Celisto, I suspect that you are on your way out of town as you read this. I snatched this section of cloth from beside Jesitonia. She begged me to give it to you before telling me to cut the last chain. I did as she told me, crying along the way, but hid my emotions from everyone else why we were fleeing. I think you shall find that this piece of cloth is valuable to science and should be kept in your care, as I know you are not likely to use it. Putting it in a vault is pointless as long as others know it is around.

But I trust that if they all think it was burnt, crushed, and buried, then no one would be after it anymore. Take good care of it, and let no one ever know you have it. Until we meet again, if ever, goodbye and have a good life. I hope these vampires got this to you in one piece. Adieu.

Lynn, the last member of the Crimson Guard.

Celisto stuffs the cloth piece back into the scroll tube and seals it. Then, sitting the tube beside her, she lays back, puts her feet up on the seat on the other side and drifts off to sleep. Hoping to be in a new land when she wakes and tries to picture what it will look like in her dreams.

OOC: Celisto is now officially signed out of this RP. Firedrake, you can finish it now. Don’t forget about Lavius. I want no loose ends in this RP. Everyone must be accounted for.

[ Monday, December 08, 2003 23:06: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #268
OOC: You know what? I don't even need to put up an ending post, cause Ironweed and MSW did it perfectly for me. Thank you, everyone, and hope everyone enjoyed having me here. Instead of, well, being annoyed. Yeah. Tommy, signing out of Zombie Attack RP. 2.

*Cue ending music*

--------------------
-Random Quote
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #269
Lavius turned to take a look at the war-torn town. The attacks had taken their toll, but things were finally peaceful. People could rest peacefully during the nights once more. The rebuilding had already begun. Lavius felt at peace. The undead were banished forever here. However, Lavius' path was not getting any easier. A civil war was forming back home and unrest amoung the populace spread like fire. Lavius took one last look at the town, and set off down the road to home...

OOC: I'm glad this one turned out alright. Good job everyone. Gotta hand it to you MSW, you managed to keep this one going, you did quite well. Later everyone.

[ Thursday, December 11, 2003 12:03: Message edited by: Firedrake the Silent ]

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #270
*All of a sudden, a very elderly ice mage appeared in front of Lynn.*
Elderly Ice Mage: "I would like me Cryobeast back." *He extends his hands, and Lynn hands the egg to him. The egg does not object.* "I am so glad I have finally found my friend." *He smiles, then disappears.*

OOC:
Well, I'm finished.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #271
OOC : Long last post.
Did premonition really killed Galen ? I understood, he would commit suicide if he loose, but when he is alone in the room, he might get better.
If she killed him forget it, else Terebrant has access safe place and will give the rapier and pony back.
Good thing there is no debriefing like in pen&paper rps.
It ended quite nicely, quite good job.

IC :
Terebrant saw the combat went to a still and quickly gathered his deck and everything which looked valuable on the shelves or ground.

When he had filled his bag, he saw the platform was dropping, Galen has moved a little and Jesitonia was screaming, much louder than the platform.

It was time to get out for him.

He was already out of the room when the platform crashed, forcing him to sit in order to avoid falling on his bag. Soon, adventurers started coming through so he followed Lynn and the other but he was not able to catch up with hasted adventurers with all his new books, except two black manuscript his family already had which will be sold, and items.

He was far away from the others and the path was blocked so he went by the room in which were the ghasts, grabbing an arm he had cut and used it as a cane. After a lot of following the wall to his right and engraving at the walls where different branches existed, he found an other exit, a closed sewer from when the town was much bigger.

Having left most of his belongings in security, he went to the muddy town under the sunshine. A cross, symbol of the sun if any was visible.

As he approached the inn, he saw that the inn had "sink" and he had a hard time getting down without falling. As he looked around, he saw a kind of way was already made on the other side, with already a few wheel traces.

He went to the inn but entered only to tell everyone to stay clear of the place until he gathered "evidences". He then went to the stables and was happy to see that while many horses are wounded because of the fall and a few have been selled, Galen's was still in his box, wounded, two zombie corpses in front of him.

"Most zombies went to the humans in the inn as there was humans there. " thought Terebrant has he bandaged the pony.

He bought a cartage for one gold coin as its owner death made it useless to his family, and went to find more things to scavenge.

While he was frolicking there, he caught a ray of light coming from under some boulders, hoping to find something else than a thorn and muddy book, he asked to have it moved. As he came back from the safe place and put his possessions in the cart, the innkeeper gave him a rapier, saying it must be magical as it is intact, Terebrant nodded and bought some pillows too have a good travel with the pony which he decided to name Zek, the best name he could find.

And so, all dressed up and ready to go, he took a last glance at the town, wondering if Galen the magicuser survived his trip in a world unknown to him.

[ Friday, December 12, 2003 11:53: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #272
Fin.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Vahnatai Did Do It
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
The Arena - God Will Sort The Dead
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages