Zombie Attack RP 2

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Zombie Attack RP 2
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #25
Aran approached the town gates. Looking out of them, he saw a crowd of zombies some distance off.

Turning to head towards them, he saw something in the middle of their cluster. As he got closer, he realised that they were gathered around a small statue. Not only that, but they seemed to be attacking it. Aran dealt with the zombies by the simple expedient of holding one blade out as a shield while chopping them in half with the other, then bent to examine the statue.

It appeared, bizzarely, to be made of ice. As Aran began to examine it, he recognised an elemental aura...

'A Cryobeast? Yet not a little ancient, if I mistake not...'

Bending, he picks up the statue and holds it in his hand, listening. The Cryobeast was imprisoned by an energy mage, who could not understand it but hoped instead to control it. The Cryobeast, unwilling to be the mage's slave, had locked itself inside the statue, and so the mage had locked the statue's portal from the outside and refused to come out. Fortunately, Aran knew how to operate portals as well...especially ones created by elemental creatures.

OOC: FB, you said you wanted to describe the portal, so I've set it up so you can. If you want me to change the post at all, drop me a PM and I will.

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #26
As the sound of battle roared down the streets, the town being bedlam, a man, seemingly coming out of nowhere crossed the main street.

Now, under the porch of an old mansion stood a figure dressed in black, its form barely visible. He is hiding from the light.

After half an hour, he became accustomed to the sun and went to the inn. The screams of the fleeing citizen still filled the air, hysteria had gained the whole populace. The hooded figure moved swiftly between the fools. Soon enough, the inn was in sight, getting crowded.

As he was three crosses away from the inn, he saw a powerful looking woman going his way.

"I salute you, lady. I am Terebrant, I was sent to ask for help against undeads."

OOC : Seaweed or Tommy should respond and maybe ask who sent him.
Terebrant is wearing a pair of black boots, a black robe , black gloves, what seems to be a dagger and a bag. Here is what he looks like, a black thing.
English is not my first language, I hope it is understandable.

[ Thursday, October 09, 2003 09:47: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #27
*Aran jumped back and dropped the statue because it suddenly grew much colder. His hands still felt cold. He looked at his palms. On each of his hands there was what looked like an up-side-down U and then a normal U. They seemed to be connected, because the normal U's left side was teh up-side-down U's right side. In the space on both of them, there was a -...it looked similiar to some sort of face. There was a cold sensation, the marks were glwing blue. Aran felt a sensation of power surge through his body, as if something was coaxing him to do something. He pointed the symbols at the still-intact statue, and hten the symbols flew off his palms! Energy swirled out of the statue(Which now looked hollow.), and created a portal of swirling icy colors. Something emerged from the portal, it was a Cryobeast! The cryofire on it's backed formed "wings", while the other glands produced nothing. The Cryobeast landed in front of Aran. Aran stepped back, the Cryobeast stepped towards Aran. Aran stepped to teh side, the Cryobeast stepped to the side.*
Aran: "Uhhhhh..."
Cryobeast: *Grunts as if it were confused.*
Aran: "Errrrrrrr..."
Cryobeast: *Grunts as if it were pondering.*
Aran: *Steps several steps back, but Cryobeast follows it.* "Why are you following me?"
Cryobeast: *It's back glands shut off, then it's wrist glands turned on, it moved it's hands around, and it made a small ice diamond with the same symbol Aran had on his palms. The Cryobeast handed it to Aran, and then it created "wings", and glided off.*

OOC: I'd make a picture of the marking, but I'm not sure how to put it online.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #28
OOC: Time for a break between attacks.

Lavius crushed the last zombie as the undead assault began to weaken. The last zombies had vanished and the town had finally gotten quiet. Lavius began to return to the inn. The main part of the initial battle had ended.

OOC: I'll try to start something up tommorow morning.

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

"There is no dodging the quad laser." -Ugnagnok
Infiltrator
Member # 65
Profile Homepage #29
IC:
--Battle Field--
As quickly as the battle had started it ended, the last zombie fell to the ground and there was that kind of silence which is so fragile many are loathe to disturb it. But life must go on. The guards checked for injured while the mercenaries' went back to their various lodgings to rest.

--The Inn--
Nys grabbed some food and ate it ravenously, she always felt hungry after using alot of magic. She then sat on her bed a read through her adventuring journals, trying to see if she had encountered anything like this before.

[ Thursday, October 09, 2003 19:34: Message edited by: Milla ]

--------------------
...a sadist is only someone that is terribly nice to a masochist...

Want to find out how nasty you really are? visit:www.thespark.com now!

Also look at my site here
This is also a
good site
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #30
An hour after combat ended, it immediatly began to start up again. Lavius woke from his sleep and went outside, taking his gear with him. He noticed that several undead were concentrating outside of the inn. Taking his flail, he went to work...

--------------------
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes back into you."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #31
Aran had stayed outside the town, studying the elemental aura of the Cryobeast as it moved around at random, revelling in its newfound freedom. Eventually, he decided it was not dangerous to the townspeople, and got up to go, collecting the statue as he did so. As he got up, he suddenly noticed a crowd of strange figures in front of him...more zombies. Sighing, he headed forward, blades in fighting position. This was not combat, this was sheer butchery, with the zombies too slow to get around his defending blade or avoid his attacks...

A ghoul leaped from their midst and threw itself at Aran, easily avoiding his outstretched blade. Thinking quickly, he allowed himself to be thrown to the ground, then rolled over, landing on the ghoul. Under the incredible weight of his armour, the ghoul's fragile body was crushed instantly. The zombies had hardly begun to react before he was back on his feet, facing the remaining undead more cautiously...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #32
Galen knelt beside the stiffening body of an unfortunate soldier, looking at it with pity. "Poor soul," he murmured. Quick hands straightened the limbs and closed the lids over blank eyes. Digging into one of his many pouches, Galen removed a pinch of spices. He tossed them into the air over the body and spoke the quick, simple words to send the spirit on its way.

When he stood up, his expression was grave, and he moved on to the next body. And if his purse was somewhat heavier after each ceremony, he considered it just; the dead had no use for coin.

Soon he was back in the main areas of fighting, keeping back in the shadows. "My, my," he said to himself, watching the undead. "Where are they coming from?"

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #33
Necromancer(From nowhere): "I cannot let you survive! You will not escape my army!"
*Aran was surrounded by many more undead.*
*Suddenly, the Cryobeast zoomed through, taking some undead parts with him.*
Cryobeast: "RRRROOOOOOOAAAAARRRRRR!!!!!!" *He lets out a ghosyly roar, and all the undead seemed to become thinner and slower. It was "Cry of the Spirits(Weakens any undead beings nearby temporarily.)", he lets out another ghostly roar, and then the area suddenly became chilly, fog appeared, then several minor spirits came out of the fog to fight the other undead beings. Cryobeast has used "Call of the Spirits(Summons several minor spirits.)".*
Aran: Why is the Cryobeast helping me?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #34
Lavius saw a warrior in brown-gray armour and a large type Cyrohydra-beast fighting a group of the undead. He fought his way over to help the two out.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #35
*The Cryobeast stared at the approaching cleric.*
Cryobeast: *Grunt* "RROOAARR!!" *Grunt* *Blows out nose, and a cold steam comes out.* *He breathes ice at Lavius(You decide if it hits or not, FD.)!* "Grrrrrrrr..." *He flies off and his spirits move away and disappear!*

OOC:
How shy of him. He doesn't trust strangers.
Aran is no stranger to him, Aran freed him!

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #36
Lynn and Terebrant were inside the inn, the Crimson Guard helping outside to keep the inn safe and ridik out in the field as well. Terebrant had finally revealed himself to Lynn during the course of two hours talk inside the inn.

Terebrant was sent by the empire as a spy to report about the rumors of undead raids, which by now are real. Terebrant was also supposed to give aid in any way possible to empire forces he met along the way. Lynn revealed what she was doing here afterwards, as she drank a mug of sweet strawberry cordial, and Terebrant drank a pint of liqoured up ale.

OOC: Lynn isn't really too high on alchohol. She'll drink it, but prefer many more things.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #37
IC :
Terebrant didn't liked to lie to Lynn but she was an empire commander and probably won't have liked the truth. Moreover, there was a free magical creature in the same town, which means big troubles ahead.

Terebrant : "I will do my best to help you, but don't forget you are the regular army and I am not. That being said, I strongly suggest you go to the sewers, I suspect it to be how they could enter the town this easily. I wasn't alone, one of our necromancer was lost there. She is here to help control the spirits and is very valuable. My skills won't be much useful for you and I have been weakened so I will stay here for a while, I will try to find a way to barricade this inn and the closest streets. "

Having said that he slowly turned his glass but put it down without drinking.

Terebrant : "I have heard there is a spear in the town's shrine, you might want to take it, the priest flew two days ago. I made some stuff but don't have what it needs to make more, however here is something similar to a speed potion, be aware that if you abuse it you can die, it is beside your spear."

OOC : Necromancers have some powers over the dead, it is logical that in order to gain certain informations the empire would use these individuals. Sorry for not posting the bio in the first post. Terebrant is a chemist/prestidigitator. He has studied battles and could fight according to mathematical rules or set up some defences or attack. He is immune to direct magic, i.e. a fireball won't hurt him but when it explodes, the heat hurts him. It is a curse as he is chronically ill, that causes him to need to rest very often and avoid the empire. He is extremely weak and will not fight unless he can't flee. Terebrant gave Lynn MDMA.

[ Saturday, October 11, 2003 05:16: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #38
OOC: Yay, my first contribution to a RP.

IC: A small group of medics that had been following Lynn just appear over the hill. They find the victims of the undead and immediately begin to tend to their wounds. The speed and efficiency of their operation astonishes the guards. A male medic dressed in mithril robes walks up to the commander. Embroidered into his cloak was the name Chivon.
"We're here to help keep the soldiers here alive."
"I assume you are from the empire. Why have you come to help? Meaning no insult to the great emperor, but why did you come to help this little town?"
"Simple. The reason why there have been so many repeated undead attacks on this town is because the entire town is resting on an ancient burial site. The necromancer wants to get at it. I think the necro' believes there is something there that will improve his undead raising abilities even more." As Chivon finishes saying this, the commander thinks about what to do. He speaks.
"I assume you also have some holy powers. If you do, go help Lavius on the main front. Perhaps you can try to sanctify this place after the battle is over." Chivon turns to the rest of the medics and tells them to help everyone they can, and he himself runs off to find Lavius.
Necromancer: "Hmm. Chivon has tracked me down once again. He is right, though. Soon I will have the power to summon the Forbidden Ones."

OOC: Sorry if the plot change was too drastic. If you all want, you can disprove this entire post by saying Chivon and Necro are maniacs or something.

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #39
Lavius blocked the ice with his shield, and prepared for another icy attack, although it never came. Lavius looked up and then proceded to help Aran to fight the undead.

Meanwhile, watching the battle from the shadows, a necromauncer waited. He had to report back to his leader.

OOC: I think this time I'll have the town attacked by a powerful group of necromauncers or something. The Overlord was defeated last time.

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #40
Just let the plot develop at its own rate...

IC:

Nodding his thanks to Lavius, Aran turned again towards the undead, and swept his blades in an intricate pattern in front of him. Lavius stared carefully, but couldn't follow it...

Did that guy just pass one sword through the other...yes! He did it again!

The pattern quickly minced the zombies in front of Aran, while providing adequate protection to stop them hitting back. As Aran moved slowly forward, however, the zombies began to raise themselves up again behind him. Stepping forward, Lavius began chopping them down as quickly as they rose...

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #41
Chivon runs to help Lavius, with a gleaming red sword out in his hand. He used to be great swordsman, although he is definitely out of his prime. He mutters a few words under his breath and crippling curses fly at the zombies. With this advantage, the soldiers fend off this wave of attacks.
Chivon: "Greetings, Lavius. I have heard of you and I think that we can sanctify this place if we work together."
Lavius: "Sanctify what?"
Chivon: "This town. It is over an ancient burial site. I feel the necromancer's powers getting stronger as he gets more in tune with the powers already present here. At the moment, the zombies he summons are very weak animations of their former selves. Soon, they will truly become abominations of incredibly strength and undying stamina."
Lavius: "If you are telling the truth, then we must waste no time."
The necromancer watches them with interest and once again chuckles. He then continues to meditate and he can feel power coming to him.

And the bones rise once more...

--------------------
How do signature's work?
-Keep
Lifecrafter
Member # 3310
Profile #42
OOC: sorry for being away so long. I try to stay in the background, since i really don't like to alter other characters that much. Still, I say it's time we get some action over here! Sewers next!

Eirik, who had stood aside wondering how he could escape without suffering the wrath of Lynn and her company as she had talked with the man dressed in black, decided it was time to act. He strode towards the man known as Terebrant.

"Hello there! I couldn't help but hear what you just said to miss Lythis over there." He nodded at Lynn who just had risen and walked over to talk to some of the members of the Crimson Guard.

Terebrant looked at him suspiciously. "You were with Lynn, weren't you? What's your rank?

"Well, my name is Eirik, from the town guard. I'm just a standard soldier. I heard you talk about some artifact in the town shrine, yes? And miss Lythis over there is going to get it? Ahh..I thought she might."

Terebrant raised his eyebrowns. Eirik nervously continued.

"You see, I have...ehh...hurt myself, yes, broken some ribs I think, actually. Fighting some of those zombies you see. Nasty lot, that's for sure." Eirik hesitated, well aware that the net of lies he was wowing was getting more complex for each minute.

"I just wondered if you perhaps would need my help around here? You see, I really wouldn't want to go to the sewers with my wound and all. Perhaps something a little bit...easier...if you get my meaning?"

Terebrants face grew darker. "You seem to be just fine. Considering your hometown is under attack I suggest you don't try anything...stupid. Stupid from your point of view, that is. And I think Lynn will need all the help she can get. Of you go, soldier"

Disappointed Eirik walked back over to the members of the Crimson Guard. Lynn seemed to be ready to get going. The day hadn't begun good, and it wasn't getting any better. And now it would even involve the sewers! Damn!

[ Sunday, October 12, 2003 21:13: Message edited by: Seaweed ]
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #43
With the now saddened Eirik following behind, Lynn and the Crimson Guard left for the Shrine first to "liberate" the spear.

The shrine was decorated with white marble, clearly shined with a priest's devotion. Stone pillars rose in columns to give an even greater atmosphere to the whole room. Now, the shrine was darkened, no torches alight with a usual devine glow. The altar itself was elaborately dressed in velvety purple silk, gold trinketed with silver along the side. A polished blue spear, a vicious egde and sharp points on the other side. With keen interest, Lynn lifted the spear off the altar and tossed her old one aside. The Crimson Guard was about to leave until Eirik looked at the altar a little too closely. He shook the silk off and looked to see the altar top was removeable. Without even a glance, Eirik threw off the top. A great black beam poured out of the altar and soon undead were all about the shrine. It looked as though the priests had something for defence after all.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #44
*The Cryobeast had climbed a tall building near the scene of the battle with Aran, Chivon, and Lavius vs. an undead army. He shivers.*
Cryobeast: *Whines with mouth closed.* "Erp!" *A black bolt flies through the air and hits the ground next to the battle. Many Vengeful shades crawl out of the crater to slay the living.* "Errrrrrrpp!" *Whines with mouth closed.* "Hirrrrrrr..." *He jumps down and lets out a ghostly roar(Cry of the Spirits). He then turns all of his cryofire glands on full. He is quickly covered with cryofire and seems twice as large. He breathes ice at a Vengeful Shade, freezing it on the spot. He slashes a nearby zombie in 3.* "RRRRRROOOOOAAAAARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" *His very loud roar makes the ground rumble slightly.*

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #45
“Ah. There you are wrong.”

Lavius and Chivon turn to look at the man lounging idly against a low stone wall. The Wanderer gives them a wide grin, but his heart isn’t in it, and the expression does not reach his eyes.

“What do you mean?”

Pushing himself off the wall, Galen saunters closer. Both men keep a wary eye on him, and are suddenly aware of their various pockets and pouches. “It is not a burial ground. This place is a place of our dead, but it is not a burial ground.”

“That is what the Imperial records list it as.”

Galen growls scornfully. “And what does the Empire know of Wanderer affairs? Who but a fool would build a town over such a place, even be it a mere burial ground? Have you not wondered why I am the first of my people to visit here in many generations?”

Shaking his head, Lavius turns away. “Tell us as we work, Wanderer. We have little time.”

“Very well.” The press of newly risen skeletons cause a temporary breach in the lines, and Galen pauses to dispose of one that comes too close. “Long, long ago, there was no Empire in these parts, and what people there were roamed free, travelling as they would, no town nor city to enclose them. And in these times-“

“Cut the bardic tale, Wanderer,” Chivon snaps. “Tell us what you will quickly and do not waste our time.”

Galen grimaces. “There was a war,” he says sulkily. “A great battle between Wanderers. It was bitter, and terrible, and none but a handful survived. All who took part were cursed, for they raised blade against bloodkin. The spirits of the fallen were never laid to rest.” His expression hardens. “And they will never be, not by us. Their crimes cannot be forgiven.”

“And the necromancers?”

“That, I do not know.” Galen draws a quick ward against evil with the fingers of one hand. “We will not use such black arts.”

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Infiltrator
Member # 2242
Profile #46
The necromauncer turns the corner, summoning a skeletal captain, and then charges at Lavius and co. in an effort to kill them all off. Lavius turns and begins to turn the undead, obliterating and undead close to him, and warding some of the others away. However, the necromauncer and the skeletal captain get closer and Lavius swings his Flail at the skeletal captain, in an attempt to crush it's shield...

--------------------
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #47
OOC: Well, I am sick of sitting here. I'll keep a small part in this RP.

IC: Celisto hears more screams from the streets and it wakes her up. She goes over to the window and looks out. She sees people running through the streets again and then soldiers. Suddenly there are blood-curdling screams from somewhere out of view. Then she sees undead wandering through the streets once more and they are covered in flesh and blood from the soldiers they just tore apart. She can see them heading towards the inn and disappearing below her window.

What happens next confirms her fears. She hears the bartender cry out for help and the moans of undead in the main hall below her. She figures that the undead have just attacked the bartender and that he must be dead. She hears moaning on the steps and then groaning and scraping in the hall. She knows she is safe because of the wards on her door, but the noise is a little unnerving.

She opens her trunk again and pulls out an object wrapped in several layers of animal fur. When she finishes unwrapping it, there sits her crystal ball in front of her. She goes over to the desk by the window, and sets her crystal ball down on it. Then she pulls out the chair and sits down on it. As she does, she hears the sound of doors being broken into in the hall. Then a thump on her own door, followed by a zapping noise from the ward reacting to something having touched it, and then the shrieking of the undead being zapped to dust. The undead continue an attack on her door with the same result every time.

OOC: Ok. I will post the rest of this story in my next post. This one will be too long otherwise.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #48
OOC: Eh, might as well join this RP. I think the cryothing is overpowered.
DESCRIPTION:
Name: Varzuth
Weapons: A runic two-handed blade, which has a somewhat golden shine to it. It is sharp on both sides, and it's handle is similar to a katana's.
Appearance: Varzuth wears a red mask on his face, from his forehead to the top of his lip. It looks like an angry skeletal visage, and it ends in pointed teeth. His clothing is a tight black tunic-robe, looking somewhat like a bathrobe (but made from heavy, tough cloth, not crappy ruglike stuff).
Personality: He has never been beaten in one on one combat, but it has not given him a swelled head. He scans everyone he meets for weaknesses of any kind. He uses what he finds as leverage against people, or something to defend if the person is his friend. He has never known love or even affection, as he was a child of rape. He wouldn't even be able to use something like that a leverage, for he has not even the slightest idea of what it is (for example, he wouldn't take someone's child hostage, because he wouldn't understand why they would want him or her back). He grew up on the streets, and quickly learned how to fight unarmed. He joined the army, and worked his way up to a palace guard. He was finally used as an imperial assassin against political enemies. This is where he recieved his fine blade. Note: he grew up long ago in a faraway land, and he is now sustained by absorbing the energy of his beaten opponents.

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #49
OOC: A simple fireball spell and the Cryobeast will be too wounded and flee from the battle for a while. And he only trusts Aran, and rarely fights when Aran is accomponied by friendly troops.

He's like a fragile and deadly dagger with a sharp tip. A simple smash of a hammer and the dagger will shatter.

In other words, the Cryobeast's endurance is low...
And he has a big fire weakness.

The reason the Cryobeast seems overpowered is that no one is using his weaknesses to their advantage...

[ Sunday, October 12, 2003 18:00: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers

Pages