Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #175
OOC: Sorry Arrow, but it seams you handled it nicely. But, as i said before, this is my first RP, so i like advice. Hope i didnt break the rules-
IC: Tel was sitting at the common drinking some strong stuff, he was regaining some of his old mood. "Il find him later annyway", he thought.
The messages from the Lancians ang Geraldians were clear enough. Both parts wanted the inn to join them and to destroy the other.
Tel didnt really care, he fought who he wanted to fight, or the ones that fought him. Simple.

At the same moment Gerald was in his private chambers (If you can call annything that in a tent). "What have i done to deserve this", he thought. His mind was desperate and sad, his face was hard and motionless. "Why cant you let go of me wich!", his hands washed his chlotes free of blood.
His hands killed the five soldiers that "Thought it was not such a good idea", his mind did not kill them. His mind was crying. His eyes were...blank.
He stepped out of the tent, over the bodies of the dead soldiers.
"You will obey my orders!" he said to the crowd of mages, soldiers, and officers. "If dont-", he pointed at the dead, and people understood.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #176
I have to admit that I am completely lost for words as what in jolly America I am to do next. This RP is getting too weird for my taste. I am still waiting on Prem to respond with her post. Everyone else here seems to have forgotten that Schostas was waiting on Kris to give him an answer.

I am currently relying on Prem's answer to give me an idea of what to do next. Therefore, anyone here can control my character until then. I have writer's block right now and am at a loss of words as what I should write.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #177
OOC: Things have gotten a bit bonkers as of late (not saying i didn't help in that). I'm waiting for someone else to instigate the action, as I sort of took center stage for a moment, and don't want to hog the RP. Also, I wasn't powergaming, was I? I hope I didn't seem like "bad things happen so he stepped out and made things go boom and passed out the end."

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #178
OOC: Bah, I take control of the leaders now until I say so. Too many people are getting their feelings screwy. Lance is the sad, more responsible, older one! Gerald is young, and selfish. But Gerald is more fierce, as Lance is better at defence. He does not care for the "Witch" (or Queen Sophia, who will become a major character). I'm sorry to be taking such action, but Tel, your post on Gerald is now Ignored. I'm sorry to do such a thing, but it is not possible. And Schostas, they were interrupted by the innkeeper's note, so now the theory is not really needed. You may have to reread my post, since they evesdropped on what was written on the note. I'm heading the new day, NOW.

IC:
Aarrow had everyone sitting, but was at a loss of words. He had a plan on killing the dragon, but couldn't come out with the words to explain his anger, so without even uttering the reason to gathering everyone down in the cellars, he went upstairs to head off to bed. Rasil was rather confused, but decided it would be best to sleep it all off. Huge Wryms, undead monks, and a dragon to boot! My life is just getting crazy!

The lights at each side stood vibrant, but the lights dimmed in the inn. Things were slowing down as the full moon started its slow decent, shining down as a sign that soon, things will be over. The morning was coming.

OOC: Sorry Aarrow for not giving you a chance to explain your plan, but everyone is getting confused. So here is the 'Pagely Report!' (Page 7):

Situation:
--------------
Time: Aroun 3:00 AM.
Lancian wall side: Repairing still.
Geraldian wall side: Intact.
Inn: Quiet.
Cellars: Currently under control by the Inn.
Inn defenders: Depressed and bloodied.
Lance's side: Sitting quietly, preparing their Air units.
Gerald's side: Lost most of their plots.

NOTE: Both sides are exhausting their supplies in this huge battle, and they are running low on plots. Do not think they are infinately powerful. Plus, we've killed hundreds of soldiers already, and the Land of Serenity is only so large.

Heroes:
--------------
Rasil: Looking confused, heading to sleep.
Aarrow: Pissed. Heading off to sleep.
Schostas: (Currently N/A.) Heading off to sleep?
Shadow Wolf: (Currently N/A.) Heading off to sleep?
Vincent: (Currently N/A.) Heading off to sleep?
Tel: Is on his own, drinking away.
Sauron: Flew off somewhere...
Innkeeper (He deserves a spot): Tending to the inn.
Neris: Sleeping.
Kris: Stricken bad. Is with the Inn.
Lance: Crying, and plotting revenge.
Gerald: Angered. Badly.
Imban: MIA. (Missing in Action) ...Still.
Malakai: Been a regular defender.
Shadow: MIA. Still.

Conditions:
---------------
Victory
- One kingdom takes over the other.
- The inn is successfully defended.
- The inn takes a side.
- One of the two leaders (Gerald or Lance) is KIA.
- The Queen's Kingdom is restored. (New.)

Losing
- All characters die.
- The inn is completly demolished.
- Both kingdoms fall (It could happen.)
- The bartender dies.
- Neris dies.

Hope that helps and sorts out some things that has gone very haywire. And now to set down a couple of small rules here:

1. Tel, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna have to keep you from controlling any other characters other than your own. Your too green at the moment, and trying to control other characters like Gerald will just lead to disaster.
2. The RP will end in about (I'm predicting) 2 RP days. So just try to sit tight until it ends.
3. I'll let anyone here double post, if its needed. Other than that, edit the post you made.

That should be enough. Sorry if everyone is very confused at the moment.

And yes, someone else wake up to have the sun shining.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #179
I'd be willing to come back...

But not with Shadow.

Just fill me in on the plot and then my character will arrive.
Just put that Shadow had retreated.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #180
[ooc] Just popped in to say, I won't give a coherent post for another 36 hours or so. I've got a couple of exams tomorrow.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #181
OOC: a little late to join in with a fresh character.

IC:
Shadow Wolf stared into the night sky, sitting on the roof of the tavern. Though the positions of the stars were definitely different from that of his world, it was still a good view. It reminded him of those days when he was on the road with Gynia for one mission or another. Now that they separated unwillingly, he will have to find her by the senses of his soul, attempting to fix the problems of the lands and worlds on the way.

In a way, Shadow Wolf is wasting his time here. In another, he is actually helping the Tavern. Knowing that intense action is up ahead, the blademaster leaped down to the ground, and went to rest until dawn...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #182
OOC: What exactly did you mean by my theory? I am still quite dead in the water until my character gets an answer from Kris. His answer is very important. He can give an idea as to what role Queen Sophia will be playing. After all, it was Prem and me that made that connection to the plot. Mostly Prem. I will continue to wait for an answer.

IC: Schostas is now confused. First, he was awaiting an answer from Kris. Then the note and a commotion going on outside interrupted him. Now there was a newcomer and a dragon around. The dragon didn't bother him, but he felt an evil presence in the inn somewhere, though he couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then he was called into the cellar for a meeting where Arrow was calling it, only to see him walk out and go up to his room without saying anything at all.

The night air is heavy with an unknown evil presence and Schostas is very uneasy about it. He sits down at his usual seat and notices that Kris has not been attended to very well as one of the injured, since the healer became overly exhausted. Schostas feels he needs to do something. He decides to go and get an extra cloak from his room before talking to Kris, as his Queen's robes are putting everyone on edge. He goes to his room, grabs another red robe, and puts it on. Then he goes back downstairs to his table and faces Kris.

Schostas: "Kris, you are still badly injured, and it looks as if I am the only one around that can help you right now. The healer is lying down from overworking himself healing the others. Would you mind taking off that armor. I can't heal through it."

Kris complies and takes off his armor. Schostas can see the extent of his wounds for the first time and they are bad. The healer's last spell sealed up his wounds and stopped them from bleeding, but it didn't heal them any more than that. It was obvious to Schostas that Kris was in a lot of pain and was barely holding on to consciousness. He felt it was up to him to relieve his suffering.

Schostas: "Now sit very still. I will heal your wounds the rest of the way and end your pain now."

Schostas stand up slowly and puts his heads together in front of him. To Kris, it looks as if he is praying. Schostas brings his hands down still clasped and then pulls them apart and juts them out to the sides of his body. He begins chanting some strange words and a red glow envelops his body. He brings his hands out to the front of him side by side and the red light shoots from his hands and into Kris body. The red light turns yellow, then green, and than sky blue. The people in the inn can't help but watch as Kris's wounds begins healing right before their eyes.

After a minute, sweat begins to appear on Schostas's brow and then the spell is finished. Kris looks up and down his body at the places where all his wounds were. They were all now gone and he was nothing short of amazed. Schostas had meanwhile sat down at his table from light-headedness and had his head down on it.

The bartender decides to bring him his usual meal of seasoned chicken, noodles, and fried mushrooms. He sits it down in front of Schostas and then sets down a bottle of Mogen David wine on the table. Schostas soon lifts his head, tries to ignore his now aching head, and begins eating. He pulls out his spell book and sets it aside so he can read it when he finishes. He puts his hood over his head and he once again becomes the mysterious man of the inn once more.

OOC: That should bring my character up to speed for a while.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #183
OOC: Sorry, I'm in central time zone and couldn't post til now. If it's alright, I want to change what happened in that meeting. It's still OK since we haven't responded to the 2 armies offers. The characters who were there were good (Tommy's post on page 6) and Aarrow's plan would have gone something like as follows:

IC: "The two kingdoms have both offered to unite with us to defeat the other. I'm quite confident that even if this isn't a double-cross, the deal won't end up being quite as sweet as they spin it. Our course of action is simple. We double-cross both kingdoms, agreeing to unite with them in fighting the others, then let them battle it out as long as we can before they figure it out. Hopefully, their forces will be so weak from fighting each other, we will be able to gain victory."

The defenders were silent for several seconds. Before any of them responded, Aarrow continued.

"We don't have to make a decision now, but I want you to think on it." With that, he turned and left the group to return to his room and sleep. Each person in turn went to their rooms, waiting for morning to discuss Aarrow's proposal.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Aarrow sat at the bar eating his usual breakfast of bread, meat, and ale. Nothing had happened yet.

OOC: Just to set up that it is morning, and nothing has happened yet.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Aarrow's goal is still to kill the dragon, but he's still looking for his opportunity.

[ Thursday, November 13, 2003 18:38: Message edited by: Aarrow Swift ]

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #184
OOC: Alright, alright. That is what happened during the meeting. People, sorry for this again, but what Aarrow posted is what happened during his meeting. Sorry for the inconvienience, but yeah. From now on, Posts go on as time, and you make a late post to try to make up for anything before, it will be IGNORED. Sorry, but these last RP parts are going to get hectic, and confusing everyone is something I'm planning not to do.

IC:
The new day shone brightly. Both armies were waiting for a response to their proposal to join with each other. So out went the messangers to agree on both sides...

Lance had reached the inn first. His colorful banners of victory were a sight alone to behold. The rest of him army cheered as Lance entered the inn, his head high and clear. The innkeeper came up to him, rather confused. "I thank you for finally giving up the inn to the Kingdom of Light," Lance began. Before the innkeeper could respond, Rasil bumped him over, and Aarrow caught the innkeeper to whisper what was happening. Rasil covered the whispers by talking to Lance. "Er, yeah, I know..." Rasil said, somewhat confused himself.

Gerald had just entered the door. His banners were somewhat discolored as he marched in, and so both leaders could be seen very well. Gerald had a hardened face, unshaven with dark brown hair that drooped. His armor was completely different from the normal troops; Almost shining like Mithril. His sword was huge, and was obviously double-handed. There was a grizzly scar on his right hand.

Lance looked very different. His blond lanky hair fell after going inches away from his head, and his face was clean, like that of a school child. His armor looked like his own soldiers, but his sword looked very different, even if it was only a longsword.

Gerald looked at Lance, and then at the innfolk, and bursted. "WHAT IS HE DOING HERE!?!?" He screamed. "I'm here because they agreed to give the inn up to me!" Lance said. "And yet you have the mocke-"

"I was given a message that said I would get the inn, so back off!" Gerald spat. Both brothers looked at each other with angst and hatred burning in their eyes. Then Lance had decided something that would end the war with one swift comment: "A duel. Tomorrow. Whoever dies, loses." Then he turned toward everyone else. "If anyone wants this land, then you come to the duel, and you fight me! And we'll see why I, Lance, should be the rightful ruler of ALL SERENITY!!" Lance looked at everyone.

Schostas heard everything.

OOC: Setting you up, Schostas. I just figured that since you were part of the Queen's soldiers, maybe you could join that very duel to regain the Queen's rule, but you would rule instead... or something like that. They are both still in there, so if you want to interact with them, you can. Yeah, I give control of the leaders back. And sorry if you pictured the leaders differently. And the reason for Lance's different look? The Queen had dirty blond hair. Lord Granst had black hair. Oh, and I don't know who sent the messangers.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #185
OOC: Its alright, FORGET the secound part of my last post, but the one with Tel is hopefully good
IC: Tel woke up with his head on the table, "Damn, i must look like a bum!", he thougt. Luckily, the scale mail made him look more respectable. He raised his head to see two angry persons leave the inn on oposite sides. The blonde and "sweet" looking guy looked like he could cleave a orge in two, but the man with beard and a mighty sword looked so angry he could cleave a dark vyrm in two.
"Yer awright?", the bartender asked silently, "I heard ther wos sum trubble with yer dragon", "Yeah,he is propably safe now, but i dont think i wanna meet that Arrow guy after this", "Shour! But care bout da fightin, thats da most important theng right nuw". Tel nodded and got up, he would maby have to defend this place as fierce as anny other, so he should get ready.
"Damn, theyre some bastards", he said after getting a update from Rasil, "Why make a innocent inn the place for such slaughter!"
He went over to the bar, he wanted another drink.
OOC: I hope i didnt screw up the bartender speak to badly, but we dont learn a word about english dialect here in Norway at school, so it aint too easy.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #186
OOC: DAMN!!! That's what I get for not checking the site sooner. Now I have to make up for lost time. I would like to be a part of the duel, but I am not sure how to go about an actual duel. My post is taking place just before Lance and Gerald leave the inn.

IC: Schostas decided that now was a good time to break in. He decides to hide his true identity until the time of the duel.

Schostas: "Hold it right there gentleman! I would like to take up your offer of a duel!"

Lance and Gerald look over him with amazement and both begin to chuckle. They then break out in laughter and find it hard to control themselves. Schostas's mood begins to darken. He grabs his black long sword that he has propped up against the wall. In less than a second, he turns around with it and with a speed almost too fast for the common eye to see, he cleaves it very loudly through an oak table just in front of him. The table shatters in a burst of splinters and dust.

When the dust and wood chips clear from the air, Lance and Gerald can see clearly that the oak table has been cleaved in two down the middle and had been broken up completely from the powerful impact from the sword. Their faces automatically grow stern and both of them get an evil grin on their faces. Schostas now has their full attention and it seems their greatest interest. Gerald, in his excitement for a challenge, is the first to speak.

Gerald: "Well, well, well. We have a worthy opponent for our duel. This ought to be fun. I can't wait to tear you apart limb from limb."

Gerald proceeds to walk out of the inn and to his horse. Lance, however, is rather intrigued by Schostas's display of power. Unlike Gerald, he doesn't find it to be exciting, but almost frightening instead. But like Gerald, Lance can't resist the feeling of a good challenge. The look of intrigue passes quickly from his face and is replaced b an almost evil smile. He then speaks with a rather appreciating voice.

Lance: "Very well. You will be a most refreshing challenge for my brother and me. Unlike him though, I can admire your skill and audacity to challenge us. Are you sure, you don't want to join my kingdom and help me defeat him? I could use a skilled soldier like you."

Schostas: "I don't think so. Thanks for the offer though. I will always relish in the memory of your kind and offering words. But I stand for the best interests of the people of this inn. In addition, I have reasons of my own for challenging the both of you. And you will discover them tomorrow."

Lance gives him a look of distaste and conceit and then heads out the door of the inn to his horse. Schostas sits back down at his table and throws some coins to the bartender.

Schostas: "Sorry for destroying your table like that. But it was quite necessary."

The innkeeper takes the coins and gives him a smile. Schostas interprets its meaning simply as, "You had to do, what you had to do." At around this time, the dryads appear in the room having recovered from their energy drain and the bartender gets them some food.

OOC: Ok. There. I am part of the duel now. I suggest that the summoned creatures around the inn be guardians for now. We might possibly be able to use them as protectors of Schostas's kingdom if he wins the duel.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #187
IC: Aarrow observed the events of the morning carefully, trying to gauge everyone there simultaneously. Vincent was, well, Vincent, and Tel was a misguided fool. The innkeeper, Neris, and Rasil, he thought, could be trusted to the end, and he had no reason not to trust Shadow Wolf, but he was concerned about these new revelations about Schostas.

His ambitions seem to be different than my first impression. If events go the wrong way, he could easily become my enemy.

After Schostas' little demonstration on the table, Aarrow took the innkeeper aside once more. Once around the corner, out of sight of the group, Aarrow said,

"I want you to tell me, honestly. Do you wish to ally yourself with one of the kingdoms or continue to fight for your independence?"

The innkeeper looked down, for several moments, then looked at Aarrow with tears in his eyes.

"I want whatever is best for me Neris. Ideally, we would like our independence, but," he paused. "If saving ourselves means giving in to one of them... If anything happened to me... Neris..." he stopped.

"I'll do everthing I can to make sure that doesn't happen," Aarrow assured him.

"Why? Why do you put your life on the line for us?"

This time, it was Aarrow with tears in his eyes. "Because. There was no stranger to put his life on the line for me." It was strange for the innkeeper, seeing such a man crying. Under his iron visage and powerful exterior, there was a deep well of pain.

In seconds, however, Aarrow had masked his feelings once again and the two returned to the group. Noone seemed to notice their absence. Aarrow glanced into the inn through a window and caught sight of Neris cleaning up after breakfast. Despite the days he had known her, it still struck him now how much she resembled Nadia.

I will do whatever it takes, my little sister

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #188
OOC: But, I wanted to be in the duel...
IC: Vincent crossed his arms as he watched the two armies glare at each other.
"I can't take it! You could cut the tension with a knife."
Vincent, fully recovered from his impromptu use of his dread powers, had been re-energized with the dark power that suffused his frame. Suppressing it for all that time made him weak, he thought. He loved the feeling, the raw power. Next time, he thought, next time he'd be able to use it to even more extent, with almost no overextention. Maybe even a transformation! No, no, that's what got him exiled from his own home, by his own father, no less. He desperately wanted to kill Gerald, and his whole army, at that.
"He may be an influential man, but he's not at home, and he's vulnerable." And thus, Vincent planned the downfall of Gerald.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #189
OOC: Remember, Lance said "if you want to try, just come to the duel". That would mean that anyone would be able to enter.

IC:
The two leaders finally left. Rasil closed the the door after them, and looked at everyone, giving a sigh of relief. "At first, I thought that they would duke it out right here..." Rasil heaved. There were some nods of agreement, figuring out how much devestation it would cause the inn. Finally, things were starting to go back to normal.

Lance called someone in. The person was almost disfigured in a way, for he had bird wings on his back. He wore heavy plated armor with a large hammer, spiked on the end sides and a decorative hilt to boot. His red tail moved sporatically, as though he was on caffine. Lance spoke at once. "Prepare your air units. Even though the duel is tomorrow, I still will use up anything to get that inn!" The strange man saluted and began to leave when Lance called one more time. He turned around and saw a tear in the leader's eye. "Don't lose all your men out there... I've already caused enough death for my squabble." Lance hastily wiped the tear and sent him off.

Gerald called on a full assult of the Inn. Again. So the war continued for another day...

OOC: Need to do something for this day other than spark up a duel.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #190
[ooc] Sorry, MSW, for not replying earlier.

Kris came down the stairs into the common room slowly. He had glimpsed both Gerald’s and Lance’s banners leaving the tavern in opposite directions, and was quite grateful that his sleep had made him absent during the confrontation. A confrontation with Gerald was something he was not sorry to miss.

Spotting Schostas, he sat down across from him at a table, and accepted a bowl of hot gruel from the innkeeper. Kris ate a few surprisingly tasty spoonfuls, then began to speak.

“You asked what Queen Sophia might have to do with the deaths of your comrades. I don’t know, but perhaps-“ he was silent for a moment. “You know that the politics of the Old Court depended on two things: ambition and aspect. Ambition she has in plenty. It is well known that she married King Gerald for position and he her for the political alliances.

“Appearance is harder earned and kept. At all times one must seem innocent, whatever one does and however many know that it is done. Those who could not cloak their manoeuvrings behind a seemly mask were destined to become nothing more than tools in the schemes of the more skilled.”

Schostas commented, “You appear to know a bit about the Old Court.”

“Of course.” Kris looked at him as if the observation was blindingly obvious. “The fates of we who serve the higher players are determined by their movements. If we do not wish to become casualties, we must watch them. But Queen Sophia – I can only imagine that your comrades knew something that would potentially destroy her. The true origin of the creatures, perhaps, though we knew of them and believed them to be summoned by Lance. Ambition dominates her. She wanted to rule the entire old Kingdom very, very much, though she would profess otherwise.

“Why did they flee? I don’t know. I cannot imagine any private army trained by the Queen to be lacking in courage. So they fled because of something they discovered. Or they were chasing something.”

Neris had also had the good sense to stay out of Gerald’s way. She had just passed a tray of empty tankards to the innkeeper when shouts filtered in from outside. The innkeeper growled.

“Aie, they’re at it again.”

Pulling his short sword free of its sheath, he ran outside to defend the walls.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #191
Vincent was overjoyed at the sounds of battle with the Geraldians. He made an inhuman cry of joy as he leaped from the parapet of the wall. As he descended, two large puffs of black smoke in the shapes of wings sprouted from his back for an instant to cease his fall. When he landed, he decided this would be a good time to test his revitalized power. He arched his back, extended his head out, put his arms back (he looked something like a skier after shoving forward with his sticks) as the black fluid flowed into his eyes. The roared horribly, and with little warning, spewed forth a gout of caustic, black-green slime all over the Geraldians in a conical area. The slime even made the noesguard on his helm melt off, making Vincent tear it from his head hastily. As he wiped the sludge from his mouth with his arm, black, insubstantial claws sprouted from his hands. He looked at them with horror. Instead of using them, Vincent pulled forth his sword, and began cutting a brutal swath through their ranks, energized with unholy energy. He was so engrossed in the battle, he startd channeling dark force through the blade. He started cutting men in two at the waist, severing heads, and chopping off limbs in his grisly dance of blood, gore, and evil. He only ceased when his blade melted from the unhallowed magicks flowing through it. He then looked at his claws. He would risk a transformation, he thought. As he was distracted by his moral quandry, a blade struck home in the top of his shoulder. The Geraldian had made the descision for him. He tore the face from the soldier's head and shoved it in the soldier's own mouth. He was suffering many wounds, but the dark power healed most in a short time. He couldn't continue on like this much longer, though. He once again made the wings of black mist, but launched himself into the air, and onto the walltop. He stood looking at the destruction he caused. Over a hundred, he thought. Beautiful.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #192
IC: The battle had started up again. Rather than wasting his arrows on regular soldiers, Aarrow cut down soldier after soldier with his two curved blades. The defenders of the inn were having no problem repelling the attack. The Geraldians didn't even seem to be fighting with much vigor. Suddenly, Aarrow heard a shout from behind him. Turning around, he saw that the inn had filled with Geraldians.

Damn! Gerald must have given them an anchor on this side to stabilize that portal.

Aarrow readied his bow and sprinted back to save the inn.

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #193
"If you wish to survive, leave the Inn immediately," Shadow Wolf said to the Geraldians. "I will only kill those who don't heed my warning."

The Geraldians laughed. "How can YOU, a lone scrawny wannabe, stop a whole battalion?" The commander shouted. "Attack!"

The soldiers all charged at Shadow Wolf, breaking everything in the way. Immediately the blademaster drew Silentstriker and slit the closest Geraldian throat. As if weaving his blade, Shadow Wolf then swung back to block a blow from behind, then stabbed the soldier before he recovered from the recoil. A third fell to his blade as he spun into the air and stabbed him through the head. Seeing their comrades' fast deaths, the Geraldians started to back up.

"Your choice to fight was a mistake," Shadow Wolf said. "Fools who challenge me will fall."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #194
Vincent heard the clamor behind him from the teleported soldiers. He lept from the wall and ran toward the soldiers. Suddenly, they stopped to watch Shadow Wolf show his display of martial superiority. Vincent remembered something. The undead monks ran from the cellar to combat the Geraldians.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #195
OOC: I thought the monks were gone!
IC: "Urgh!", sudently something landed on Tel head. "Damn! What is that", He jumped up, and the soldier who had teleported on top of his head flied halway trough the room. "Arr! Atlast some fighting!", he took up a trowing star in each hand, and trew them right in the eyes of two soldiers at the side. "You really gona get it!" he drew his katana, and slashed two heads of, ducked, struck the katana in to another sodier and kicked another in the groin, "This is how i like it, fast pacing and adrenaline pumping!". He held up a chair to block a strike, then smacked it in the head of the soldier.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #196
...congrats. Your RP post is shorter than your sig.

—_—

--------------------
We're all amazed but not amused
By all the things that you said you'd do.
You're much concerned but not involved by
Decisions that are made by you
But we are sick and tired of hearing your song,
Telling us how you are going to change right from wrong,
'Cause if you really want to hear our views,
You haven't done nothin'.

Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #197
OOC: Wonderful, more soldiers. :rolleyes:

IC: Schostas was sitting down at his table when Gerald's troops teleported into the room. Vincent appeared from a wall, and summoned forth the dead monks, which Schostas had burned a while ago. Now their charred, but still discernable undead remains had come out of the cellar and were entering the battle on the inn's side. Schostas could feel an almost evil energy emanating from Vincent, but it seemed dampered somehow.

Shadow Wolf was busy hacking soldiers to pieces with ease. Arrow was heading for the inn to help fight off the Geraldians and the innkeeper too turned his attention back to the inn when he heard the soldiers fighting inside. Tel was busy hacking soldiers to pieces and Kris had gotten up from his table and too was helping to fight them off, though he seemed to not be too happy about it. Neris had run into the back room to escape the sudden flurry of soldiers that had appeared, and was now hiding in the innkeeper’s quarters.

Schostas had just finished observing all this in less than ten seconds and already had picked up his black long sword. The soldiers for some reason didn't notice him tucked away in the shadowed corner. However, when he snuck up behind one of them and chopped the soldier in half, they couldn't help but take notice. The soldiers close to the one that was cut in half charged Schostas, but were soon mutilated in similar fashions.

One soldier was beheaded in a clean, inhumanly fast swipe. Another got his arm and leg cut off in two swift motions, and then a strong thrust in the chest, quickly ending his intense suffering. And a third was impaled through the stomach and then sliced almost completely in half with one strong upwards pull of the sword after the impalement, sending blood and guts spurting everywhere. Any soldier nearby to the blood bath turned in the opposite direction of Schostas and ran, fearing they too would meet a horrific end at his hands.

Schostas was left half covered in enemy blood and to anyone that could see him, he must looked like he was possessed by evil or something of the sort. Schostas looks down at his handy work and sees a piece of parchment sticking out of the beheaded soldier's pocket. He reaches down and pulls it out, being careful not to get any blood on it. He then sticks it in one of his own pockets for safekeeping. He then turns his attention back to the enemy soldiers trying to escape and with an evil grin, howls, and charges after them.

OOC: That should describe my action very well. I was considering entering the portal and attacking any soldiers on the other side, but decided not to.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #198
Rasil allowed the rest of the party to worry about the portal. He nocked another arrow into his bow, and aimed for one of the archers in the back row of Gerald's team. Before he could do that, he spotted something else in the sky...

In the air, Commander Ri'Durn, with his company of 50 hawkmen, were scouting the area for a safe place to land. Even great creatures like themselves needed a place to land, and inside the walls seemed decent. Especially since everybody was running back into the inn. The air unit proceeded flying closer towards the inn, oblivious of the combat beneath.

OOC: The air units are coming. Good luck to everyone that fights them, since they are practically bonded together. Good job, Aarrow with the portal. I had completely forgotten about it.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #199
IC: Aarrow had almost made it to the inn when he realized he wasn't needed there. Schostas, Vincent, Shadow Wolf, and the others seemed to have things under control. Looking back, he saw Rasil's focus fixed on the sky. Glancing upwards, Aarrow's jaw dropped. A flock of what could only be described as bird men were flying toward the inn. After a moment, his awe turned to a grim smile. The Demon Bow practically sang in his hand as he readied an arrow, holding it to the sky. His eyes glowed orange, and soon his whole body was lit up.

My favorite technique.

The birdmen were closing in. They came closer and closer, and still Aarrow charged his attack. When they flared their wings to slow for descent, the orange energy spiraled into the arrow, then he let it fly. The arrow flew in the center of the flock, missing all of them. Just when it seemed his attack had been a failure, the arrow burst. Long, thin strands of the orange energy curled around, sending out pulses that connected each one, forming a giant net of energy. About ten of the warriors managed to evade his attack, but the rest dropped to the ground, hopelessly bound to his attack. The acid in the magical ropes was already beginning to burn through their armor. Aarrow dropped to one knee, but was not as incapacitated as some other techniques sometimes left him. The battle was just beginning to get interesting.

--------------------

Pages