Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

• Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Notice: Trying to access array offset on value of type int in element_children() (line 6595 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
  • Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #50
*Shadow changes into Phalanx form.*
Shadow: "It'd be very unwise to fight me, I have been training for years and years." *He jumps up, and points his weapon down(A spear or a lance, which one did actual phalanxes use?).* "I'm warning you, this is one of the legendary weapons of stability(Just for a short lesson, the weapons of stabilty are weapons that greatly add to one's vitality, making even the most unstable of things very durable.)! Jho-Doe-Khon here *Nods at weapon* is rearing to fight!" *He lands, and pulls Jho-Doe-Khon out of the ground, revealing a deep hole, he then charges at the mystified Geraldians. Jho-Doe-Khon then glows blue, and then extends, hitting the Geraldians!*

OOC: Each weapon of stability has a special ability. In Jho-Doe-Khon's case, it's the ability to extend.

[ Monday, September 29, 2003 12:40: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #51
After Shadow mercilessly skewers several Geraldian grunts on his legendary spear, a quiet voice sounds out from the tunnel behind Kris.

"Captain Kris."

Kris turns about, facing the sound, and sees a man wearing rather Arabian-looking clothes in Gerald's colors, complemented by a plain black cape and turban, walk down the tunnel, a sword in a sheath on his left side.

"It would be best to keep you out of the graveyard."

As Kris thinks of an answer to this, the grunts counterattack against Shadow, but are pushed back easily. The line moves back towards Kris.

"Huh? How did you know we were here, Asarton?"

"What I know, I know."

"And what do you mean by that?"

"...now, retreat and tell your lord Gerald that the inn is defended by... magical beings."

"Don't you mean our lord?"

"No."

With that, Kris shouts a retreat, and his remaining troops head back up the tunnel, leaving Shadow and the mercenary to face off.

"I've been training for many years, and I wield the legendary weapon Jho-Doe-Khon. Don't think you can fight me."

"I do not think. I know."

With that, he raises his right hand, beckoning Shadow to strike at him. He does, using the spear's extension capability to make the lunge even faster, but even so, he misses as Asarton dodges to the side, grabs Jho-Doe-Khon in his left hand, and taps the shaft with his right hand twice.

"Huh?"

Asarton then lets go of the spear and watches strong vibrations move through it, causing it to be shaken out of Shadow's hands. The mercenary smiles, then rushes forward, throwing a strong punch at Shadow with his right hand. Shadow barely catches Asarton's fist in time, then replies with a punch of his own, but the mercenary deftly dodges the blow and slams the palm of his left hand into Shadow's chest, causing the magical being to stagger back.

"You have quite a spear there... perhaps you need it to compensate for something?"

"What about that sword? Can't you use it?"

Asarton shrugs and looks to the right for a second. He then steps backward twice, spins, and slams his left fist into the cave wall. A bit of a rumbling shakes the caves, and he smiles.

"Where we're standing will be rubble in 15 seconds. Surrender the inn to Gerald, as I, James Asarton, assume you want to cling to your worthless life."

He then completes his turn and walks away, slightly rubbing the knuckles of his left hand, leaving Shadow to either follow him, retreat, or be trapped in the cave-in.

((OOC : Asarton was hired by Gerald to deal with, well, people who are beyond the means of normal soldiers. He is officially a "mercenary from foreign lands", but for the most part is an antagonist who will gladly advance the goals listed under "Losing".

Also, Shadow can either follow him (into the middle of the Geraldian lines) or retreat (back to the tavern). The tunnel is more or less blocked by a minor cavein, although the Geraldians could excavate it again quickly.

Finally, this definitely gave Neris enough time to get out of dodge.))

[ Monday, September 29, 2003 15:03: Message edited by: Imban ]
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #52
*Shadow spreads his fingers out, Jho-Doe-Khon then hovers into the air, and moves back into Shadow's hand.*
Shadow: "This weapon carries the soul of the legendary Spear Knight, also known as Jho-Doe-Khon! This was his spear!" *It quickly extends and hits the mercenary in the back, causing great pain to him.* "Me and my pal here(Jho-Doe-Khon) have never lost a battle, and this one's no exception!" *He transforms into shadow mode, and then pursues Asarton, not having to worry about being hurt.*

OOC: Shadow just can't stand losing a battle. Big downside, it could easily get him killed.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #53
Despite having been hit solidly with the spear, Asarton seems much less wounded than he should be - the spear seems to have failed to bite deep into his flesh, instead being deflected by something, leaving a long but very shallow flesh wound.

Asarton merely continues walking, speaking to the shadow form of Shadow without turning around.

"You surprise me. Most of your kind are much less willing to die."

Up ahead, the daylight at the end of the tunnel can be seen.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #54
*Shadow transforms into his Phalanx form.*
Shadow: "Special attack, Orb Lightning Trap!!!!" *His voice echoes through the caves, his spear then vibrates, energy swirls around it, extending and then the energy spreads away from the spear and then wraps around Asarton, trapping him in an orb(A small one, but Asarton shrinks.). Lightning starts shooting around in it, causing pain to Asarton.* "How do you like it? AHAHAHAHA!!" *He quickly transforms into Shadow from right before Asarton breaks free.*

OOC: You can only hit Shadow with an attack when he's in Phalanx form. In a battle, he spends most of his time in Phalanx form, for it's the only form he can cause physical damage in.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #55
OOC: Have we reached morning already? This fight between the Shadow and Asarton will be interesting to watch.

IC: Schostas continues to sleep while everyone around him thinks he is studying spells. Somehow, Schostas has even mastered turning pages in his sleep. (Don't ask me how). Everyone has either gone uncomfortably to sleep, is still treating there wounds, or is sitting up and is too afraid to go back to sleep. Meanwhile, Neris has made it back to the cellar through the tunnels, having squished several of the slimes along the way. She was so frightened, that she forgot about them.

The bartender is beginning to drift off to sleep. Suddenly there is a soft knocking noise in the floor of the back room. The bartender knows it is Neris, but doesn't want to acknowledge it. Then he here's her calling out faintly. "Da!! They are stormin' t' tunnels!! Da?!! Da?!! Can ye hear me?!!" The bartender suddenly rushes into the back room.

OOC: Premonition, I hope I imitated Neris well enough. By the way, I replied to your PM to me. Let’s get the scenes at the inn rolling, people. I got them going again. Let’s keep them going.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #56
OOC: anybody mind if i join now, as one of those working towards the LOSE condition?

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #57
OOC: If your gonna be part of the RP, you can join (There are THREE forces involved too!) The inn, Kingdom of Light (Lance), and Kingdom of Truth (Gerald). You cannot get into the Inn though, sadly to say because the armies are already here. Or you make an amazingly acute entrance like Shadow over there.

Victory
- One kingdom takes over the other.
- The inn is successfully defended.
- The inn takes a side.

Losing
- All characters die.
- The inn is completly demolished.
- Both kingdoms fall (It could happen.)
- The bartender dies. (New.)
- Neris dies. (New. Your the central char now.)

Condition of Inn:
-Messed up wall on Lance's side. Fixed with magic wall.
-Ward placed in cellars. Dispelled.

For reference reasons.
Anyhow, onto the IC... oh, and premonition, the sodiers were hopelessly lost. Kris knew which direction the Inn is, otherwise they would not be able to get to it.

IC:
Kris retreated back to the front lines, with his soldiers pacing behind him. When he reached it, the rays of light began to shimmer on the mountain side. Day had come. Oh man... and not a single wink of sleep! Kris thought to himself. He morosely gave his failed report to Gerald, knowing full and well he would be demoted to a common soldier by midday.

The two armies started to stir once again. A battle more fierce than yesterday was coming...

OOC: There we go. Day time has come. Everyone prepare for the next battle!

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #58
[ooc] Neris is the central character? <big ego boost> woohoo! In that case, she must be killable for this to work.
MSW: That's good.
[/ooc]

"Da!" Neris gasps for breath, nearly falling through the door when the bartender opens it. "There're soldiers, an' mages, an', an' Shadow's fightin' 'em, an' slimes, an-"

By this time she is trembling all over, tears running down her face. The bartender holds her tight in his arms, stroking her hair and murmuring soothing words.

"Shh, tis alright, Neris, it'll be alright." He sighs. "An' mebbe ye'll listen t' me, now. It's dangerous to go off on yer own, girl."

Neris looks up. Already the aftermath of her fright is gone, and her smile holds a hint of mischief. "I wasn't alone, Da. Shadow was there."

The bartender shakes his head. "Who's this Shadow, eh? Tell me about him. An' tell me about t' soldiers."

He listens carefully as Neris describes the events as clearly as her young mind understands them. When she is finished, he looks very worried. He enlists the aid of Vincent in placing another ward, shooing Sodium Cyanide out of the cellars as he does so ("I'd kick ye out o' my inn fer stealin' my ale, were it not certain death. G'on now, back t' yer room.") After the ward is in place, brick and mortar is used to dam up the crack to a goodly thickness.

The breaks between serving customers and carrying healing supplies to the wounded are brief and rare, and Neris uses every one to go out on the outer wall. Her gaze is bright; her curiosity leads her to seek the best vantage point, no matter the danger of exposure to archers below. The magic barrier in particular draws her like a moth to flame.

Once, looking out on the Geraldian army, Neris spots a distant figure that looks somewhat familiar. The figure looks glum; despite the fright he had given her in the caverns, Neris hopes that he will cheer up. Idly, she wonders what had happened to Shadow and the strange mage. Left to herself, Neris would have gone back down to find out despite the slimes, but her old playground is blocked up, and she feels the loss keenly.

A distant roar builds up and resounds through the Middle Passing. Neris runs to the Lancian side in time to witness the army's charge.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #59
Meanwhile, Asarton, after shrugging off the lightning attack without showing any pain on his face, exits the tunnel, followed by Shadow in shadowform.

"You are no longer protected by the walls of the inn or the walls of the earth, shadow demon. It would be wise--"

Suddenly, Asarton spins and catches an arrow aimed for him with his left hand, breaking it in two before dropping it to the ground. Twenty soldiers, wearing Lance's colors, thinking that they had hit upon an easy kill, rush down towards Asarton and Shadow.

"You will pay for this, you know."

Asarton reaches into his tunic and withdraws a pendant of a faceless warrior, holding it tightly in his right hand and closing his eyes. As the soldiers near, with Shadow looking on, he mutters a single word, in a language no one quite understands.

The word is Wrath, and it describes its effects well. A swirling hurricane of black energy appears around him, then blasts out from him, ripping the Lancian soldiers into shreds and scattering their remains far and wide. Shadow, both holding the spear and in shadow form, is much less effected by the storm of destruction, and is just flung backwards, his shadowy body sprawling unconscious on the ground.

Exhausted from the effort of invoking his god, Asarton drops to his knees, dropping the now-ruined pendant to the ground. He quickly shakes it off, stands, and walks away towards the Geraldian lines, muttering.

Twenty minutes later, Shadow wakes up in a blood-stained field, with a blackened and warped metal pendant by his side.

((OOC : Asarton just used up a great deal of his karma - don't expect him to want to repeat that move.

premonition - Asarton might look like a mage, but he much, much prefers physical combat.

Zephyr - Shadow is out in the middle of the no-man's-land, with no friendlies anywhere until the inn. This situation could be said to suck.)

[ Tuesday, September 30, 2003 16:17: Message edited by: Imban ]
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #60
OOC: i'll shove Shadow Wolf in after the Balthazar the Mad RP is finished. he'll be entering in the same fashion (i.e. dropping off a speeding aircraft).

a duel between Shadow and Shadow Wolf would be interesting, although their skills are very different... :/

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #61
OOC: Imban, when Shadow melts into shadow form, SO DOES JHO-DOE-KHON. And only anti-undead magic can harm him in shadow mode.

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #62
(Eh. Wrath is more or less anti-everything-that-exists magic. :P )
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #63
Alright, too much OOC. Lets get these armies fighting again!

IC:
The armies were once again clashed together. Lance, being the older brother and always somewhat smarter one, brang out 5 mages with him this time. He truly despised them, but he held on only for their power. He nodded toward them, signaling their attack. At once, 3 of the 5 mages began to summon a large fireball as the other 2 chanted a force field up. The fireball was getting larger every second.
Rasil was up in the parapet shooting another arrow when he saw it. "Yipe!" was all he could say, and he thundered down to tell everyone else what is going to hit their wall next.
Gerald put the failed report to good use. He told Kris to go back, but bring a much larger force this time, and to take along some elite infantry. Kris was more than happy to do so and began to hum a song of joy as he and more than 400 men walked toward the tunnel he had created earlier...

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #64
Shadow: "What happened..." *He realized where he is.* "Oh no! The Geraldians might try to go through the inn again! I'm not sure of it...it's very unlikely...but I should be prepared." *He takes on the shape of a slime, and then moves as fast as he can in the direction that he hears worried slime chatting.*
Emerald Slime: "Big men is going fur in!"
Amber Slime: "Big men should don't take in!"
Mauve Slime: "What we do?"
Ochre Slime: "We don't go after...we get stomped! If only Black Slime here..."
Shadow(A.K.A Black Slime. Speaking Slime): "We, by leadership my, will attack big men headed fur in! But I...lost..."
Mauve Slime: "I know where in is! Follow I!" *They all head for the inn, their forces growing by encouraged slimes seeing the Black Slime.*

OOC: Slimes are common creatures, and Shadow has befriended them, remember?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #65
"There's a huge fireball being made to hit the walls! I'm serious! Go look over the wall!"

Rasil had spread the news. Many more people went up top the battlements and sure enough, saw the huge fireball being made. Some tried arrows, but they bounced right off of the force field that was created. It was too late. With a yell from the three mages, the fireball was sent hurling toward the inn, almost certain death within.

Upon the other side...
Kris had finished removing the rubble away from the tunnel. "Alright men, to the inn!" The large squad of over 400 men pacing behind him follow suit to the door of the cellar...

OOC: Could some people actually POST? I'm sorry, but I've waited a while and this is getting ridiculous. I can't let this rp close, so I'm coninuing the battle for now. By the way, a huge fireball is going to hit the inn if nothing is done about it, and Kris is about to invade underneath.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #66
"Oooh, pretty..."

Neris stands still on the wall, entranced by the intricate dance of flame upon flame within the fireball. For the first time in her short life, she feels a stirring of kinship, of a magic inside that is not mere wishful thinking. The fireball, the play of heat and light; carefree, wild, barely controlled by the mages below. It is the most beautiful thing she has ever seen. Neris wants to reach out and touch it, touch the flame that calls to her.

"Aie, girl, get out o' there!"

Swept off her feet and bustled down the stairs, Neris looks up at the man who holds her. "Da?"

"Neris, what were ye thinkin', girl?" The bartender's tone is harsh with fear and relief. "Ye coulda been hurt! Go'n now, get inside. An' stay inside."

She feels lightheaded and strange, and makes no protest as the bartender pushes her into the common room, closing the door behind her before returning to the battle. Neris looks around slowly. There are muffled sounds, heavy objects dragging across rock, and curses. She follows them to their source, and stands looking at the cellar door curiously.

The door opens, and closes behind a mere slip of a girl. Neris stands in the cellar, watching the Geraldians wriggle through the crack in the cellar walls and mill around waiting for their comrades. She watches as some of the soldiers turn to look at her, their expressions shifting through suprise to alarm. Kris moves towards her.

"Ye can't come in here," Neris says, strangely calm. "Please, sirs, go back. We're peaceful folk, sirs."

There is a feyness about her; it shines in her eyes with a peculiar light. Her gaze drifts from the casks upon casks of alcohol to the torches held by the Geraldians.

[ooc] Imban: yes, I gathered that from your posts. Where Neris is concerned, however, the operative word is looks. Asarton looks like a mage: she thinks he is one. She doesn't know otherwise. :P

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #67
OOC:Sorry it to so long. Lots of homework (book report, etc.).
IC: Vincent had been busy repairing the wall so much that he didn't have time to bother himself with the battle above (or behind). Vincent was beckoned to the surface by the shouts of "FIREBALL" and "WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE". He quickly scurried to the top of the battlements.
"Holy..."
Vincent never liked pain. He probably never will. But, there are those moments where it's necessary. Vincent lifted his staff from his back and placed it in front of him, where it proceeded to float. A small flash of energy from Vincent's eyes lead to a giant beam of blue-white energy being expelled from Vincent's hands and eyes, forming into one immense missle when it wholly consumed his staff. The soldiers' mouths that were below fell open before their faces were seared by heat. The beam contacted the enemies' barrier with a hissing roar, then proceeded through it. When it contacted the fireball, everyone figured it would cause it to dissipate. They were wrong. A catastrophic explosion ensued as the malevolent energy of the beam mixed with the eldritch fire, causing most of the army of Lance (and some of Gerald's) to be consumed instantly by the horrendous eruption. A small smirk crawled across Vincent's face as he was violently hurled back from the walls into the innfront, a burnt mess.
EDIT: after I typed this, I imagined the tapes of the Nevada nuclear tests.

[ Sunday, October 05, 2003 15:50: Message edited by: Kogar ]

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #68
OOC: I don't really want to be in this RP anymore. Anyone can take over my character or he can die in battle. If you decide to take over my character, he doesn't have much armor, he knows stealth, haste and slow spells. He still has wands that range from firestorms to kill.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #69
OOC: I can't let this one die. Kogar, I hope I don't let you down with my post in response to Vincent's injuries.

IC: Schostas sensed that there was a loud noise nearby and so he came out of his sleeping trance. No one around him was to the wiser that he had been asleep. To them, he was sitting there through most of the battle just flipping through his spell book and studying each page carefully. As he woke up, he heard the now dying down sound of the great explosion that took place between the enemy’s fireball and Vincent's. He stood up and ran to the wall to see what was happening.

Smoke could be seen rising from the ground through the windows from what he could see, but he couldn't see much because of all the people standing in front of them and looking out. The bartender was one of the people there looking out of one of the windows and so he tapped him on the shoulder. The bartender turned around and had a horrified, yet triumphant expression on his face. "What d' ye want!!" Schostas thought carefully about what to ask him. "What happened? I was engrossed in my spell book when I heard a tremendous explosion."

The bartender looked at him with confusion and then distaste. "How in th' hell can ye just sit dere and read yer book when we are bein' attacked?!!! T'weren't for dat burnt fella dere, we'd all b' fried. See if ye can help him. I gota get back to m' work." And with that, the bartender went into the back room of the inn to fetch some supplies for the soldiers trying to make a stand off for the inn.

Schostas turned his attention to the man on the ground that was burned in the explosion. He walked over to him and crouched down beside him. "What happened?" Vincent looked up at him with a smile on his face, despite his bad burns and pain and answered.

"Well, I just bought the inn some time by killing most of people on one enemy side and some on the other. The enemy was creating a huge fireball to destroy the inn with, so I got up on the battlement and cast one of my anti-matter beam spells at the fireball. Man, you should have seen their faces. The soldiers all just stopped fighting one another suddenly and just stood there gawking at my anti-matter energy ball as it approached the enemy's huge fireball.

It was great man. They were so transfixed by my spell that that seemed paralyzed with amazement. I found it fun to watch them get burnt black like paper right where they stood from the searing heat of my spell, without any of them bothering to move much. Then when the shockwave hit them from the explosion resulting from my anti-matter ball hitting the enemy's fireball, it was just beautiful. They flew apart like leaves and I totally annihilated them. OW!!!! Do you think someone can help me with these burns now? Ooooh!!!"

Schostas looked at him and couldn't help but smile. He knew that even though Vincent couldn't actually see him through his hood, he knew that Vincent could tell he was smiling as well. "Well, I can help you. Can you walk?" Vincent looked up at him. "I think so. Help me up." Schostas tried to help Vincent up, but he slumped back down again from the pain. "Well, this might be difficult. It seems the only way I can get you to a bed is to pick you up and carry you myself. Is that all right with you?"

OOC: Your turn Kogar. I hope I did your character justice and played it well. While writing my scene, I was thinking of the scene from "Terminator 2: Judgment Day" when Sarah Connor was dreaming about Sky Net's nuclear attack. And the searing heat from the nuclear blast burned all the people in the playground like paper, while the shockwave blew them all apart like she described to Dr. Silberman, her criminal psychologist while she was in a mental hospital.

I envisioned the voice of your character being like that of the one man in "Aliens" that says, "That's it!! Game over man!! Game over!!!" After the spacecraft that was to take them to the main ship crashed.

Is there anyone else here who has seen these movies? It should give you an idea of what I mean. Sorry about the long OOCs.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #70
Rasil felt more calm after the explosion, knowing that another crisis was over. But before then...

A scream resounded from the caverns of the cellars. People got up to see what it was. Without a second's notice, Rasil was toward the door. The cellar door burst open and Geraldians slashed out as Neris's screams of capture could be heard. The battle had reached the inn. Rasil couldn't help but feel suprised as a soldier swung his sword at him with quick wit. These are not regular soldiers... He ducked, jumped, and evaded a couple of soldiers and disarmed one before he told someone to get help from the wall.

Neris was being taken to the Geraldian's side.

OOC: Now we got 2 more problems. Lets see how Neris can get out, and how we can stop the Geraldians from getting inside.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #71
*As Shadow moves wiht his growing army of slimes, he nears the inn(And seeping inside the cellar), seeing several Geraldian invaders.*
Shadow(Bubbling): "Those invaders are trying to take my home! Get them!" *The slimes cover the Geraldians, several being webbed, slowed, melted(Acid), getting blasted by magic, and being put to sleep, but many slimes are sliced into bits of goo.* "We are suffering heavy casualties, RETREAT!!" *All the slimes retreat. Shadow changes into Phalanx form.* (Human)"Now to finish what I've started!"

OOC: I was extremely bored, what!?

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #72
OOC: Wow, sorry for the serious lack of posts. Long story. Anyway...

IC: After Aarrow had released his arrow from the Demon Bow, killing hundreds of soldiers on each side, his body was wracked with pain. Several arrows from the enemies had struck his body, and his spell had sapped all his strength. Laying low the rest of the battle, he was forced to only watch as the other warriors held off both armies. Finally, the fighting subsided for the night and he dragged himself back into the inn. He hid his pain well, and after only a few mugs of ale, he retired to his room and collapsed into a deep slumber...

Suddenly, a massive explosion rocked the inn. Aarrow jerked, then moaned in pain. Every muscle in his body throbbed with pain and he could barely move.

It's a good thing I used one of the lesser techniques of the Demon Bow, he thought to himself. Judging from the position of the sun, he had been asleep for well over a day. Straightening his spine and once again concealing his pain, Aarrow made his way to the commons. The scene was horrific. People lay dead or injured everywhere as far too few tended to their wounds. Many were simply civilians who had taken up arms to defend an inn they had no connection to. His rage against the armies began to build.

This carnage will stop, even if I have to kill every one of them! Suddenly, someone rushed into the commons and shouted, "The Geraldians have broken into the inn through the cellar! And they have the innkeeper's daughter!"

Aarrow's rage reached the boiling point. "I swear if they've done anything to her...," he growled. Ignoring his searing pain, he gathered himself and raced toward the cellar door, nocking an arrow as he went.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #73
The battle inside the inn was reaching a hectic point. The Geraldians have pushed their way out of the cellar door and now in the inn itself. Arrow came out of the hall and shot a man in the shoulder, and knocked another arrow. Rasil has just peferated(sp?) another man's body and took a full body slash with his daggers all around him. Some other members of the inn fought vaililently (Sp?), yet their numbers were still thinning as the Geraldians pushed with renewed effort. Schostas came in with Vincent and saw the battle. He set Vincent down on a chair and got to work on healing people, apologizing to Vincent as he raced toward the battle. Shadow was behind, desperately trying to fight some other Geraldians. Kris was in the battle, cheering them on. "Go forth men, crush the people of the inn so the Kingdom of Truth can rule the land of Serenity! Go and demolish these worthless enemies! For the glory of Truth!!" The Geraldians were even more rallied as Arrow, Rasil, Schostas, and Shadow continue to cut through another soldier.

OOC: Won't be here for the weekend. Someone can take control of me on the Zombie Attack RP, and I need another twist in the story. I'll be back monday to see what everyone has done.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #74
"Surrender!" The magically-enhanced voice booms over the inn, causing a good portion of the fighters to pause and look around for the source. "Surrender now to Gerald and Truth!

The bartender rushes to the wall and looks over the edge. Two thirds of Gerald's army is fighting the remnants of the Lancians, the rest thrusting through to the inn. Gerald stands behind a spellshield; in one iron grip he held a child. A dark bruise blooms across her face, legacy of the blow that enforces her silence.

"Surrender, or forfeit the life of your whelp."

His blood turns to ice, draining from his face. "Neris," the bartender whispers, horror-struck.

Neris' struggles renew, ineffective though they are against her powerfully-built captor. Her teeth sink into his wrist; Gerald growls in pain and roughly shakes her off. The bartender feels a moment of paternal pride through his rapidly building rage.

"That's me girl. Ye'll not be getting her so easy, ye mangy dog!"

For the first time since a war he did not like to remember, the bartender gives in to fury. The vein in his forehead throbs and his face turns beet-red. With a howl he rushes back into the battle, eyes bloodshot, mighty sword held in a grip that only death would separate. He swings wildly, with force enough to cleave through his enemies, and does not notice the wounds he receives in return. Beserk, the bartender storms through the battleground, his only coherent thought to get to the man who dared threaten his daughter.

--------------------

Pages