Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #225
IC: Tel woke up in midair "Darn, why does the air remain my enemy", he thought philosophically, before he hit the tavern floor with a thump. He lay there and heard a voice scream "Daaaaaa", and then Neris suddenly landed at his stomach. "Da" she yelled and ran over to the bartender.

"Hmm, might as well do something", Tel thought, and blocked as much of the hole in the wall with a magical barrier as he could. "That should do it, now I need a jug of ale"

As he sat at a chair and looked thought the magical barrier, he noticed 15 shadows on the sky closing in, they were joined by 8 others. "Damn, not more of 'em!" He went to tell the others about it.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #226
OOC: Tel, I hate to say it, but your the first person in this RP that has given a character other than your own a name. I don't know if you'll use those characters; however, I usually only give major characters names. Just a little tip.

IC:
Ri'Kinsdal looked out upon the inn. There was no dragon there... It had left, and there would be no dragon until he saw it. The hawkmen waited for orders. "Bring the flag!" barked Ri'Kinsdal, plotting a way to destroy that creature...

The dragon... my brother... His memory takes back to just this morning when his company was attacked, and his brother was eaten... literally bitten to pieces by a lizard with wings! He would get revenge, and that would be it. A white flag came protuding out of the hawkmen as they neared the inn. They fluttered down to the gate, and knocked. They waited outside...

Rasil had felt a strange sense as the night drew on. The camps on the other sides were full of activities, and he could see it visually, as men were running around with posts and canvas. The smell of roast duck wafted through the air, from Lance's side. Something was going on, and it didn't seem like it would be a bad thing.

Rasil padded to the counter and ordered some strong wiskey. He once again choked it down, with Aarrow standing right beside him.

A woman passed her fingers though a crystal ball, showing the faces of the leaders. "Yess... soon, the time will come..." She murmured softly.

OOC: Yes, the day is finally ending, and the last day is soon to come! I hope everyone was having a blast through this entire RP. However, I am wondering whether or not to perhaps get it done like Balthazar the mad... (You know, someone pieces all posts together and hand them out). Bah. I'll worry about that some other time.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #227
OOC: Time to make a post.

IC: The beginning of the night comes quietly, and not a sound can be heard from either brother’s camp. Schostas decides to go outside and read and enjoy the wonderful night, knowing tomorrow will be hell on earth. He is sitting on the ground, with his back against a boulder, reading his book. Every now and then, he thinks he can hear strange sounds coming from the mountain above him; sounds of chanting and witchcraft. He can also smell the faint odor of a brewing cauldron and burning wood and thinks he can see smoke billowing on the mountain as well. He recognizes those sounds, but keeps his discovery to himself for the moment. He decides that now is a good time to employ his sleeping trick. By candlelight, he appears to still be reading his book, while in reality, he is asleep, and getting his much needed rest.

It's a good thing that his hood hides his face, that way, everyone continues to think he is awake. He wakes suddenly though and grabs at the rock just above his head. Something has entered his magical field and has broken it, alarming him that something is above his head. He opens his eyes and pulls the object into view. It is an Indian Swamp Adder, whose venom is so toxic it induces death within 10 seconds. He has managed to grab it just behind the head, keeping it from biting him. There is no doubt in his mind that this was an assassination attempt on his life.

He knows this because Indian Swamp Adders are not native to this land. They are clearly found only on the other side of the world. When he stares into the piercing yellow eyes of the snake, it occurs to him that the snake has an unnatural aurora about it. He pulls it closer to his face and looks point blank into its eye. He can see the snake's eyes glow a weird color and then sees it open its mouth and jerk its body in an attempt to bite him. It only takes a second, but that is all he needs to pull a dagger from his cloak and slice off its head from its body.

The snake gives off a screeching noise and the body writhes around for a few seconds on the ground. Then it goes limp. The eyes give a blue flash and then go dark as blood starts oozing from the head and body. However, the blood is strange, being of a dark green color instead of a dark red. He takes a small jar from his pocket and puts the head inside, with some blood of the snake, sealing it tightly afterwards. Then he sticks it back in his pocket, grabs his book, and heads back inside the inn to find the alchemist.

OOC: This ought to make the RP a little more interesting.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #228
OOC: how so? :P

IC:
This war has been pointless, Shadow Wolf said to himself as he stared out of whatever is left of a window. Both sides are devastated, the front is battered possibly beyond repair, and now both leaders prepare to fight to their deaths just for the other half of the land. And both will die, without a winner. I must stop this duel somehow.

The blademaster looked away from the window at Neris, serving at the somehow unscathed bar once again. She had multiple bandages where the injuries were, and notably she was still defenseless in case some soldier broke in and attacked her. The girl needs some form of self-defense, Shadow Wolf thought. Gynia may not be able to protect herself in close combat, but I would be there to protect her. Neris will need to fend for herself when nobody is nearby.

Shadow Wolf checked his spare equipment - the spear launcher he used to snipe the Titan, a shortsword figuratively collecting dust, and a small autocrossbow with plenty of ammo. He could give the shortsword and autocrossbow for her - he didn't use those much anyway and besides, a spear launcher is too heavy for a girl like her to use in close combat.

"Neris," he called her. She promptly turned around to see the blademaster close to the back of the inn. "Come with me, I have a few things to teach you."

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #229
Neris looks up at Shadow Wolf curiously. "Would ye like t' order, sir?" she asks, setting aside the cloth she uses to wipe clean the ale spills.

The blademaster shakes his head. "Come with me," he repeats. They walk out into a small storeroom; empty now, one wall gone and another half torn away. Shadow Wolf bends down so that his gaze is level with the child's. "Take this."

Gazing wide-eyed at the shortsword he offers her hilt-first, Neris reaches out one hand and slowly takes hold of it. Shadow Wolf works hard to keep his expression neutral, showing neither the laughter that bubbles up inside nor the wince as he sees how much work he has to do.

"Let me show you," the blademaster says, and shifts her grip from one that is dangerous only to roast meat and cheese to a more appropriate one.

They work late into the night. Shadow Wolf patiently teaches her the basic movements of both the shortsword and the small crossbow, making her practice again and again until she gets them right. He looks up once to see the bartender standing near the broken wall. The bartender says nothing, but watches for a little while. Then he nods to Shadow Wolf and resumes overseeing the preparations for the duel on the morrow.

At last the blademaster calls a halt when he sees that Neris is tired and her concentration is suffering. He is not entirely satisfied, but knows that no one, especially not a child, can become proficient in one day. He can only hope that it is enough and that she will remember his rudimentary training when she needs it.

Kris stands on the wall, watching as the sun colours the mountain peaks gold and silver. There is a flurry of activity beneath as the Middle Passing inhabitants put the finishing touches on the duel preparations.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #230
OOC: I cant come up with anything to write now, so i just post a couple of questions:
1. How old is really Neris
2. Is she good looking or not. I first thougt she looked like the typical not too rich kid, with lousy clohtes and dirty face, but of course i may be wrong

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #231
OOC: Now for the alchemist. This post is going to be longer than normal. So, bear with me. This will help bring about the introduction of the witch.

IC: Schostas has been in the inn for a while with the jar in his pocket, drinking Mogen David wine and eating some egg drop soup, which he wasn't expecting the innkeeper to have on the menu. He then gets up when he is finished, quite a while after the earlier encounter outside. Everyone else in the inn meanwhile is preparing for tomorrow's duel. He then walks up to the bartender who is standing in the doorway to the storeroom and can see over his shoulder that Shadow Wolf is teaching the young girl how to use a sword and a crossbow. Schostas gives off a slight chuckle at this and then directs his attention back to the bartender. Having never actually learned his name, he continues to call him barkeep.

Schostas: "Barkeep, where is the alchemist currently? I need to speak with him about something...strange that has just occurred."

Bartender: "He should be upstairs with the summoned creatures. What has happened?"

Schostas: "I can't really say for sure. I don't want to start a panic, but I think we have not seen all the keen players for the duel yet. Someone had tried to take my life just a few hours ago. I need to see if the alchemist can help make sense of something for me."

The bartender just stares at Schostas as he pulls out the jar and heads for the stairs leading to the second floor of the inn. As he reaches them, he passes by Kris and he takes notice of the snake's head in the jar in Schostas's hands.

Kris: "Hold on a second, warrior! Can I see that object in the jar? It looks oddly familiar."

Schostas hands the jar to him. Kris's eyes grow wide with recognition and alarm. He looks up from the jar to Schostas.

Kris: "I recognize this snake. It is a type that King Gerald's wife has several of as pets. I never knew where she got them, but several of the kingdom officials have died in the past several months from mysterious snakebites. There happen to be very few snakes around these parts, and none of them are poisonous. I have also seen her milking them of some of their poison. For what purposes, I don't know, but that's not all. I have more than once seen her taking a trip to an old temple on the mountain just above us.

I don't know what she does there, but every time she would come back, she would say nothing about it to anyone as if she had never gone at all. I find it suspicious, but unfortunately, I can find little to no connection to this snake other than that it looks like one of her pets. Where are you going now?"

Schostas: "I am going to go talk to the alchemist about this snake. It tried to bite me a while ago after I had smelled a brewing cauldron, heard distant chanting, and had seen smoke up on the mountain. Maybe she has taken another trip to the temple?"

Schostas leaves him with this thought and walks up the stairs to the room with all the creatures in it, but sees no sign of the alchemist. He asks the healer if he has seen the alchemist. The healer replies that he thought the alchemist was downstairs with everyone else. Schostas's eyes grow wide, though no one can see them under the hood anyway. He rushes out of the room once he senses that something is terribly wrong. The alchemist wouldn't just walk off without saying something to someone. He rushes downstairs and gets the attention of everyone in the room.

Schostas: "Has anyone in here seen the alchemist at all?!!! It is vital that I speak to him!!!"

Neris reenters the room and raises her voice slightly.

Neris: "Ya. He says dat he was goin' outside fo' a walk t' me a few minutes a'o."

Schostas: "Dear god!!!!"

With that, Schostas puts the jar in his pocket, grabs a torch and his black long sword, and rushes out the door in search of the alchemist. No sooner is he outside then he hears two blood-curdling screams coming from the direction of the back of the inn. A soldier comes running towards Schostas as he heads towards the back of the inn. The soldier is clearly frightened half to death and gives the appearance that he is dying. He begins talking in a quick-paced and slurred manor.

Soldier: "It's the a-a-alchemist, sir!!! (Gasp) Ugh!! He is b-being a-attacked by...s-s-several h-huge black s-serpents! Ack!!!! Ugh!!!! Help me!!! I-I was b-bitten by one!!! Ugh!!! PLEASE!!!! Ugh!! AHHHHHHHHH!!!"

In a terrifying fit of convulsions, the soldier collapses on the ground, writhing in complete agony. Then he gasps his last breath and is dead. Schostas curses to himself for being so helpless to help him. If an Indian Swamp Adder bit him, death came quickly within ten to twenty seconds after the bite, explaining his quick demise and fast-talking. There is unfortunately no anti-venom for this snake in these parts and nothing can be done for a victim except to make their death as comfortable as possible.

Schostas turns his attention back to trying to get to the alchemist again before its too late. Along the way, he sees another dead soldier, explaining the second scream he had heard. He hears yelling and swords hitting the ground. As he reaches the back of the inn, he is met with an awesome sight. The alchemist and three other soldiers are trying to fight off a virtual horde of Indian Swamp Adders. There must be at least 40 of them he thinks to himself as he looks at their black writhing bodies through the dim firelight being given off by a single torch in one of the soldier’s hands.

He casts a long light spell and is even more horrified than before by what he sees along the now illuminated battlefield. There must be at least seventy-five of these huge black snakes, and mixed in with them are asps, black mambas, and cobras. At the moment, Schostas can't think of a more deadly combination of snakes. Then something strikes him as odd. None of these snakes are native to this land; not a single one of them. On top of that, they are all five times larger than normal, making some of them as big as a boa constrictor and others as big as anacondas.

Then something else catches his eye. He sees what appears to be a giant snake, bigger than the others, with the head of a woman. The realization of what it is sets in quickly. He says the words to himself.

Schostas: "A naga!"

He then hears behind him the sound of a bunch of people approaching. It's the adventurers of the inn coming to his aid. Schostas hopes they will be able to help him save the alchemist before it is too late.

OOC: Let's see to it that the alchemist lives. We need his evaluation of the abnormal snakes and the naga. His view is very important. Sorry for the length once again. This is probably the best way to introduce the next key player. The witch.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #232
Ri'Kinsdal and his men grew tired of waiting outside. They flew over the wall and landed near the west side of the inn. One of the hawkmen bashed a small snake on the ground. Ri'Kinsdal knew there was never a snake on Serenity...

Rasil drew his bow once again, and shot it into the new crowd. However, the crowd of snakes were much smarter than the regular people, as the arrow thudded into the ground. The snakes literally made way for the arrow to hit nothing at all. "This is hopeless!" Rasil said, tossing his bow aside and binding his daggers to his wrists again.

He was about to charge, when a flurry of feathers appeared above him. It was almost annoying, but sure enough, feathers meant hawkmen again. But this time, the creatures were flying toward the snakes instead of at them... they were helping the force out!

"Retreat, Alchemist!" Someone screamed. The alchemist turned to run, and an adder found a chance. It lunged with all its speed and power toward the person...

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #233
... And Tels throwing star slashed the snake in two.
"What in Ardus name are those hawkmen doing? But i cant think about that now!" He jumped into the battle, his gloves provided night vision and he beheaded snake after snake.
"Damn it! There is to many of them!" He yelled as another snake broke the poison teeth on his armour.
*thud* a snake aimed for his bare area of skin at his boot was suddenly dead, an arrow. He looked back at the inn, Neris was standing at the window, trying to shoot the snakes with a bow.
But that hit was only a lucky hit, she missed more than he hit, and the snakes dodged any arrow they could. "But she is still a natural, its not easy to shoot in the dark," Tel thought for himself.

[ Friday, December 05, 2003 12:03: Message edited by: Master Chief ]

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #234
Shadow Wolf clearly saw the naga and the snakes, but did not bother to run into the melee. Instead, he crouched down, loading his spear launcher. He quickly aimed such that he would shoot through multiple snakes in one shot, and fired. The first snake managed to dodge the extremely fast missile, but the four behind it were not so lucky. However, there were many snakes left.

Damn, the blademaster said to himself. The only option now is to melee the Naga.

Shadow Wolf concentrated, and disappeared. In a flash of dim blue light he reappeared behind the Naga. "Wake up, snake woman," he said in a low voice, barely above a whisper but enough for the Naga to hear. "Time to die."

"What?" The Naga turned around, surprised. "How... how could a mortal like you get here, through my minions?"

"As you say, Naga, your snakes are your minions. I may be but a mere soldier in my world, but I am no minion. They call me a Blademaster of Thievery. If you know your lore, you will know that I am an Elite Blademaster who has mastered the Circle of Thievery. Since you insist on attacking these innocent defenders, it's time for you to die." With that, he rushed toward the Naga, left hand on the hilt of Silentstriker.

"You have made your choice, Blademaster," the Naga responded. A dual-bladed glaive appeared at her hands. The two struck at the same time, parrying each other's blow. The Naga followed with a thrust, forcing Shadow Wolf to leap back. She then swung the weapon above her head, calling down three bolts of lightning that Shadow Wolf deflected with a fast spin of Silentstriker. The duel raged on, as the other defenders of the Inn fought the myriads of snakes...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #235
OOC: Come on people. I like this RP. Let's keep it going. If your lives are that busy, you shouldn't have joined. By the way, this post is rather long as well, but I figured the quicker we end this battle the sooner the morning would come for the last RP day.

IC: Schostas can see that the alchemist is still pinned against the wall fighting for his life. He has to do something quick, as all three of the soldiers helping to protect him have been bitten and have fallen onto the ground writhing in pain, only to be bitten all over by the advancing snakes. Schostas can't bear to watch that scene, as it must be utter terror and agony for the soldiers. Schostas decides to jump into the action and get to the alchemist before the snakes do. He quickly chants a few words and his body glows slightly with a blue aurora. He grips his black great sword tightly and begins running for the alchemist.

The snakes attempt to bite him, but those that find a target get a nasty surprise in return. The instant one of them strikes his armored legs a bolt of electricity shocks the snake, sending it reeling back a few feet in convulsions. On the way, he manages to slice several of the snakes in half. When he reaches the alchemist, he chops up a few more snakes and yells to him.

Schostas: "Get on my back if you want to live!!!!"

The alchemist obeys and climbs on Schostas's back, hanging onto his hood for dear life. With his hand now full, he inserts the sword into a chest sheath and turns around. However, a peculiar sight meets his eye, and its one which fills him with awe and terror at the same time. Each of the snakes he chopped in half has come back to life. He recognizes them for what they are, though he can't bring himself to believe what they are doing. The severed halves are regenerating themselves and becoming two whole snakes. Schostas realizes that there is only one explanation for this, and seeing his glowing sword as he sheathed it confirms it.

His parents had told him that his sword was enchanted with many spells. One of which gave it the ability to detect summoned creatures or witchcraft. It gives him the idea that these snakes are not god's creation and are that of a witch. That would explain what he had observed earlier outside the inn. Schostas grits his teeth and just starts running as fast as he can through the virtual army of now regenerated snakes. All the way through, the snakes relentlessly try to bite him, and get nasty shocks in return. As he reaches the edge of the field, he hears a crash and splash coming from behind him, but doesn't dare look back until the alchemist is safe.

Reaching the edge of the inn and battlefield, he puts the alchemist down and the alchemist runs like hell towards the front of the inn to escape the horror behind him, thanking Schostas as he runs. As Schostas turns around to discover the source of the noise he heard, he sees a torch being dropped from one of the windows of the inn. When it hits the battlefield, the ground erupts in a cloud of fire, catches many of the snakes on fire. Schostas thinks he can make out the outline of a smashed barrel in the flurry of flames and as he looks up at the window where the torch was thrown from, he sees the face of the bartender and understands what has just taken place.

The bartender and several others must have carried a barrel of his most potent whiskey upstairs to one of the back rooms of the inn and then pushed it out the window onto the unsuspecting snakes. An explosion of whiskey from the barrel impacting the ground in turn would have doused a large number of the snakes. Setting them on fire is a good idea, as regenerating creatures like these snakes that are engulfed in flames cannot survive the fire without a great deal of damage to themselves, affecting their ability to regenerate. Most of the unaffected snakes writhe away from the fire and nearby adventurers decide to pick them off with their swords and other weapons, only to watch the severed pieces regenerate into whole snakes and come at them again.

Schostas than sees Shadow Wolf in battle with the Naga. A thought enters his mind. In battles for the queen in her private army, he had to battle against Nagas that summoned snakes or had hordes of them with them. Even though they didn't regenerate like these did, he remembered seeing the summoned serpents and hordes of other serpents die off, flee, or be significantly weakened when the main Nagas were killed off. He considers this as he watches Shadow Wolf, the Naga, and the regenerating snakes. Maybe they follow the same reasoning. If they were to kill the Naga, maybe these snakes would flee, die, or become mortal and be easier to kill. He yells his thoughts to the others and they agree with him, but are too busy fighting the regenerating snakes to do anything about it.

OOC: Ok, Wiseman. Let's kill the Naga and see if it has any effect on the regenerating snakes. Do you want the others to help you or would you prefer to take on the Naga by yourself? That is up to you.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #236
OOC: Shadow Wolf is more powerful as a duelist than as an actual fighter in a party. therefore i'd prefer to have him kill the Naga himself, since he IS capable of doing so.

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #237
Rasil looked at the amazing spectacle as the fire lit up around the whole area. However, the fire also reached the wall, and a piece of the wall was starting to light up. Rasil cried for water, and soon was given a bucket full of it.

Shadow Wolf was dueling off the Naga, and Schostas had just aided the alchemist away. The hawkmen had retreated, trying to help their own wounded. Neris could be seen atop shooting her small crossbow down, and Tel was out fighting the snakes. The dragon was suspiciously missing.

Rasil carried the bucket, with some other innfolk carrying more, over to the section of wall that was on fire. "Quickly, douse it!" Rasil said. The battle to save the walls began.

The full moon lit down upon the inn, signifying midnight.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #238
[ooc] MC: 1. Neris is roughly 13, give or take.
2. Is she good-looking? I don't know. All I can tell you about her looks is that she is slender, quick, and wears what one might expect a commoner in a fantasy feudal society to wear. She is also currently sporting quite a few bruises, scratches, and bandages. She may indeed have a dirty face. :) As for a further physical description: does it really matter? I have my own mental image of her that is probably quite different from yours, but I don't think it necessary to impose my picture on you. You will imagine her looking the way that best fits her character to you, just as my mental image fits what her character means to me.
[/ooc]

The last small crossbow bolt slivers down into the yard, spearing another snake by its tail. Biting her lip, Neris looks down at her work critically. She has missed more than she hit, but she is proud of the ones she did manage to get, and certain that Shadow Wolf will be too. She is also quite proud that she hadn't hit any of the people, either.

There are still lots of snakes: Neris pulls her shortsword out of the sheath strapped around her waist, fumbling a few times, and runs out of the room.

"Woah!"

Kris catches her arm above the wrist and spins out of the way of the blade haphazardly clattering down the stairs. Only his soldier reflexes prevent him from being stabbed - or at least from getting a painful scratch.

"What are you doing?" he asks sternly, picking up the shortsword with his free hand.

Neris looks up at him urgently. "Got t' kill the snakes," she says, tugging him closer to the door by dint of sheer determination. "Their fightin' me friends!"

Looking from the child to the shortsword, the former Captain shakes his head. "I'm not letting you out there."

"I got to!" Neris cries out, and tugs on his arm again. "I got t' help me friends."

"No, listen." Kris tightens his grip on her arm; he isn't about to let a child anywhere near the snakes. But he knows that she will not accept just watching and doing nothing. "Listen. I'll go and look after your friends. You help Rasil with the fire." He directs her gaze to the walls.

Neris gasps in horror at the sight of the flames consuming the walls of her home. Indecision holds her still for a moment; she looks from the fire to the snakes and back again. "Ye promise ye'll look after them?"

A small smile flickering around his lips, Kris nods gravely. "I promise."

He gives her shortsword back to her, and stands watching as she runs for the buckets and the water. Then he turns and strides towards the swarm of snakes surrounding the Naga, pulling out his own, much larger, sword.

[ Monday, December 08, 2003 02:18: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #239
Schostas stops for a minute and looks at the fire. Something to him appears to be amiss about it. It takes a minute or two of observation and people around him screaming for him to go and get water to see it. But then it comes to him in a train of thought.

Schostas: "Hmmmm. Something is not right here. The more water they throw on it, the more intense it gets. But at the same time, it doesn't appear to be doing any damage to the inn. The snakes are cowering and burning from the flames around the barrel, but don't seem to be doing the same around the inn fire. What could be causing that? Odd. I can feel heat, but not as much as it should be giving off. And...Wait a minute!!! What was that?!!!"

During his chain of thought, he sees the fire flicker for a one hundredth of a second. Almost indiscernible to the naked eye. However, it was all he needed for the solution.

Schostas: "Of course!!! Why didn't I see it before?! This fire is an impossibility! The inn can't be on fire! It's made of mortar and stone!! The fire is an illusion!!!! It must be witchcraft!!"

He starts yelling aloud to the others to stop fighting the fire and that it is an illusion, and a few of them listen. The others curse him out and tell him that he is crazy, going back to their business of throwing water on the fire and making no headway against it. The ones who believe Schostas turn out to be most of the adventurers. He tells them to herd the snakes towards the real fire around the barrel, which is a good ten feet from the inn. The adventurers obey and start doing what he says.

Schostas moves into position and prepares a suspended animation spell for the surviving unburned snakes. Suddenly the two dryads appear out of nowhere and begin casting some of their own suspended animation spells on the unsuspecting snakes. The snakes begin ceasing all movement one by one and soon they are almost all suspended in space and time. They turn to Schostas and signal him to take care of the rest. He nods back his thanks and begins preparing a telekinesis spell. Soon he has it ready and in one bright flash of white light, and beam of sky blue light shoots out from his head and envelopes half of the snakes.

He then proceeds to lift them into the air with his mind and thinks for a minute where he wants to drop them. He figures that the best place to drop both loads of snakes would be at both of the enemy kings’ camps, making a nice mess of things for them. He decides to start with Gerald's camp first, as he seemed to be the most ruthless and rude of the two. It takes five minutes, but he is eventually able to move them directly over the camp and in one swift move, he lowers them quickly into the heart of it.

He then repeats the spell and does the same thing to Lance's camp. He knows that the suspended animation spells have worn off when, even from the great distance, he can make out the terrified screams of the soldiers and can see them running here and there throughout the camp, weapons in hand. He then turns back towards the mountain and looks up at it. He thinks he can make out a slight glow close to the summit and see some smoke, but nothing else. He also thinks he can hear a cackle of laughter emanating from the glow on the mountain, but he can't be sure. He then turns his attention back to the illusionary fire, which suddenly flickers out.

The soldiers that were fighting it believe that they put it out, while the adventurers and Schostas know better. All attention now turns to the battle between Shadow Wolf and the naga. Some of the adventurers start to run to help, but Schostas tells them to stop and leave Shadow Wolf alone to fight his own battle. He knows how Shadow Wolf thinks, as he is so much like himself and he knows that sometimes fighting alone is best. The adventurers can do nothing now except stand by and watch.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #240
"I find you evenly matched, blademaster," the Naga noted as Shadow Wolf parried her repeated strikes.

"No," Shadow Wolf answered, while dodging a powerful swoop. "I just haven't used anything BUT basic Bladeweave."

"Then you will have no chance, fool!" The Naga suddenly cast down several focused bolts of lightning.

Shadow Wolf saw the chance.

The Naga was astonished when the lightning only hit a mirror image. Then the blademaster rushed toward her from behind at breakneck speed. She turned around just in time to block with her dual glaive, but found it sliced clean in half and herself off balance with her back exposed as Shadow Wolf spun upward at the last second, blade spinning at high speed.

The Naga found herself unable to generate a magical shield in time to protect her from Silentstriker slicing down her back.

OOC: phew, duel's over.

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #241
Rasil cheered happily as Shadow Wolf was swarmed with pats on the back, something not even an expert ninja could avoid. The naga was now destroyed, and the two camps were now growing quiet as the magic wore off and the snakes slowly disappeared.

The fire really was illusionary, and some defenders felt ashamed. But none so more than Rasil, as he felt hot and embaressed for not actually realising that such a fire was illusionary to begin with. In face, he started the panic to put the fire out, which just added more.

Schostas looked at all of the handiwork done as the Bartender came out. He lightly tapped Schostas on the shoulder. "You'd better get to sleepin'," He said. The Bartender was right, as a purple hue was already showing up near the side of the mountians. Everyone decided it would be good to get at least a little before the duel. The hawkmen were also invited (The Bartender said it so; They helped out, so why not?) to sleep in, much to the adventurers dismay.

Rasil took one last look at the surroundings before retiring into his bed. The inn had suffered more damage than he actually thought, and the walls were almost no different. The inn itself had lost most of its walls, and the top floor had many holes in it. The bottom floors were missing a few support beams, and thanks to the efforts of some brave soul, lighted the weight up top to keep the thing from falling. The door was copletely missing, and many tables were bashed up. Arrows more than peppered the floor; it practically flooded.

The wall itself was no real exception. Many portions from the inside were chipped away mercilessly by the Titan, and half the wall on Lance's side was still missing, and only a fourth complete on repairing it. The gate had suffered similar damage, and looked as though a tree ran into multiple times. Everything here looked as though it were on the verge of collapse.

"'Ey! Come on in, you gonna get yourself coild. I've goit a good mug 'o ale, just for you!" The Barkeep was outside, coaxing Rasil to come in. "Thats okay. I'll just sleep out here tonight," Rasil exlaimed. He propped himself up against the wall and closed his eyes.

Rasil had a small dream. He was fighting off undead. Lots of them. And he had a sandwich in his other hand, trying to reach someone, even though no one was there. The undead kept coming, and wouldn't let him though. He kept fighting...

A woman cursed silently, and continued to gaze in the crystal ball. "I think its soon time to reveal..."

OOC: One little problem from all these fights; Everyone is gonna be tired. Really, the duel is gonna be who can stay awake the longest or something. Oh well. And the second to last paragraph, ITS A DREAM. I hope no one gets confused by it.

Here is the 'Pagely Report!' (Current):

Situation:
--------------
Time: Around 5:45 AM.
Lancian wall side: 1/4 done.
Geraldian wall side: Intact.
Inn: Finally getting rest. Almost destroyed.
Cellars: Currently under control by the Inn.
Inn defenders: Depressed and bloodied. And tired!
Lance's side: In confusion from a snake attack.
Gerald's side: Even in more confusion.

NOTE: Both sides are exhausting their supplies in this huge battle, and they are running low on plots. Do not think they are infinately powerful. Plus, we've killed hundreds of soldiers already, and the Land of Serenity is only so large.

Heroes:
--------------
Rasil: Propped on the wall, heading to sleep.
Aarrow: Heading off to sleep. Again.
Schostas: Heading off to sleep, gettin' ready for the duel.
Shadow Wolf: Just finished the naga, going to sleep.
Vincent: (Currently N/A.) Heading off to sleep?
Tel: Is on his own, drinking away. Or asleep.
Sauron: Flew off somewhere... still.
Innkeeper (He deserves a spot): Tending to the inn. A lot more.
Neris: Sleeping.
Kris: Happy, and going to sleep.
Hawkmen: In the Inn, going to sleep.
Lance: Confused, but trying to sleep again.
Gerald: Angered. Badly. And confused. Badly.
Imban: MIA. (Missing in Action) ...Still.
Malakai: Been a regular defender.
Shadow: MIA. Still. Probably retreated away.

Conditions:
---------------
Victory
- One kingdom takes over the other.
- The inn is successfully defended.
- The inn takes a side.
- One of the two leaders (Gerald or Lance) is KIA.
- The Queen's Kingdom is restored.

Losing
- All characters die.
- The inn is completly demolished. (Gettin' close!)
- Both kingdoms fall (It could happen.)
- The bartender dies.
- Neris dies.
- Schostas is killed. (New.)

There. Well, hopefully we'll get through the duel just fine.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #242
OOC: Thanks, Tommy. I liked that addition. : D My post will now bring the identification of the witch.

IC: Schostas is tired. Very very tired. He almost falls off of his chair as sleep begins to try to overtake him, but he fights back and stays awake. He motions to the bartender and asks for some green tea with honey, lemon, and some of the bartender's strongest ale in it. The bartender brings it to him and he drinks it down quickly. It causes him to shudder, but it does its job in waking him up. He gets up out of his chair and steps away from his amazingly still intact table and heads for the stairs.

He takes the jar out of his pocket and looks at it. Oddly enough, the snake’s head is still there. For some reason it didn't vanish like the others. He goes upstairs to the room with the summoned creatures and easily finds the alchemist, who is sleeping with his head down on a desk. Schostas wakes him up and shows him the jar.

Schostas: "I want you to examine this creature. It is like the snakes that had attacked us; only it was the first one to show and was to assassinate me. I caught it before it got the chance to and killed it. Black blood oozed from its body when I cut the head off and it didn't disappear like the others did. What does it mean?"

The alchemist takes the jar and removes the snake's head. He pulls out a magnifying glass and by torchlight, examines it closely. After a few minutes, he sets it down and sits still in thought for a minute or two.

Alchemist: "Hmmmm. That is very odd. Well, only one way to be sure."

He gets up and walks to a small cabinet on the wall. Opening it, he takes out a vial of some reddish fluid and then a glass Petri dish. Then a pouch of powder. Closing it, he walks back over to the desk and sits down. He then proceeds to put the snake's head in the middle of the Petri dish and mix some of the powder and the reddish liquid in another vial. The mixture turns green and with a small piece of, he stirs it gently. Then he pours the mixture in the vial on the snake's head. On contact, the head begins to smoke and bubble. Suddenly the snake's head starts glowing a bright orange color.

Alchemist: "I knew it!!!! I knew it!!!! This explains plenty to us."

Schostas: "What?!!! What does it tell us?! I can only guess."

Alchemist: "Well, (shifting in his seat to look at Schostas) this snake is real. However, it has been magically altered. It is an Indian Swamp Adder, but with a twist. It has been mutated by the use of Black Magic."

Both he and Schostas get a grave look on their faces.

Schostas: "Are there any participators of the Black Arts in these parts?"

Alchemist: "One that I know of. But I thought she had retired for good and had given them up. This proves that she is back in the habit again. Her name is Sophia. She is King Gerald's wife. I suspect that she has been waiting for this duel between the brothers for her chance to become the Queen of all of this land. If both brothers were to die, she would have to share the kingdom with Lance's wife. However, I received some bad news last night as I reached the entrance to the inn after fleeing fro the battlefield. Lance's wife died last night from some sort of poison injected into her leg. I suspect that one of these snakes did the deed."

Schostas: "That would mean that she becomes ultimate Queen now if both brother's die in the duel. As one of the last members of the good Queen's original army, I mustn’t allow that to happen. Well, if you'll excuse me, I have to go prepare for battle."

Alchemist: "Aren't you going to sleep?"

Schostas: "I will. After this whole unpleasant business is behind me. I fear sleep is not what I have to worry about. If Bavmorda tried to assassinate me, you, and the others of the inn with that Titan and those snakes, she might continue to try during the rest of the day until the duel starts, where I feel she might try to make an appearance. I have to be on my guard. And so should you."

The alchemist nods and as Schostas leaves the room, he turns back to see the alchemist falling asleep again on the desk. He can't help but smile, knowing he will be doing the same thing in a minute, but oblivious to everyone else's knowledge. When he get downstairs, he sits down at his chair, opens his spell book, makes sure his face is hidden by his hood, and drifts off to sleep in his reading position once again.

Most of the inn drifts off into an uneasy sleep, including the bartender, who now has his head down on the bar. The only ones awake are some soldiers who were told to keep watch in shifts while everyone gets their much-needed sleep.

OOC: I think that Lance and Gerald will be delayed in their duel because of the snake attacks at their camps during the night. They will probably sleep in until the afternoon now.

[ Thursday, December 11, 2003 14:39: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #243
IC: "The land is great," Sauron thinks, "The land is great, but it may be wrecked by battle". Sauron flies over the mountains, looking down on the land below. "I feel the presence of magic in the air," he turn his mighty head to a point, deep in a valley. "Its strong magic, something is wrong, someone is abusing the use of magic, a dark mage...” Sauron risks to fly a bit closer. The valley ends in the middle passing. "Its activity down there... By Motrax! Nagas, about fifty of the male warrior caste, and maybe seven female witches," Sauron hovered in the air for a moment, gathering more information, "There is a female witch there to, human... It has to be the wife of Gerald... This can't go on!" Sauron headed back to the inn, he had to tell someone someway.

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #244
OOC: a sudden plot twist on the day of the duel? uhh... o_O

IC:
Though Shadow Wolf was only human (albeit an internally mutated one), he did not need much sleep. A splash of cold water in the face after an hour of rest was enough for him. Carefully the blademaster cleaned Silentstriker and washed the scabbard - he must be ready for combat at the time of the duel, such that if he would have a chance to interrupt it, he would.

Entering the main floor, Shadow Wolf took a look around. The Inn was now quite silent, save for the occasional patrol who would nod to him as a greeting. Most of the tables were destroyed in one way or another - those who didn't have a room either slept on clean parts of the floor, at the bar, or on one of the few surviving chairs. All the crucial people were alive and well - the Barkeep could finally sleep at the bar and Neris is safe where she was.

Outside, Shadow Wolf could see Rasil atop the wall. Through the sensory powers of his soul he could sense that most of the adventurers were asleep. Silently he returned to his room, and prepared for combat...

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #245
[ooc] Gerald's wife has already been named Sophia.

And I'd like to keep overt Willow references out of this, if possible. :)

[ Thursday, December 11, 2003 14:30: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #246
OOC: I'm sorry Tel, but once again, you goofed up. Motrax does not exist in this time period, and he (She? I forget...) exists only in Exile, where the Empire troops took that dragon down by a serious wound. Not only that, but if you read (past tense, now) any of my posts, you will see it is the doing of ONE woman, and not seven. Try to think about the effects you will put on with crazy plot twists like that next time.

*Stamps the IGNORED Sign of Tel's post. Hey, that dragon has to come back some time, right?*

And one more thing. I'm going to give your character some sort of experience before this RP is over. You may not like it, but it will help develop the character you use indefinately.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #247
Look, Wiseman (?) already said something about both the nagas, and the witch! And it was seven naga witches, he only saw one human lady, Sophia! And I would not say its a big plot change, im just building on Schootas (sp?) ideas! And about Motrax, big deal, it may be another Motrax, or it may be swearing in dragonish, who knows (or you may just ignore it). So I think you are a naughty naughty boy when you IGNORE stamp, my post. But, you’re the boss... :( I just don't get it...

[ Friday, December 12, 2003 05:40: Message edited by: Master Chief aka STD ]

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #248
OOC: i didn't say anything about 7 naga witches, i just had Shadow Wolf DUEL the ONE naga witch. also, having that sudden appearance of 6 MORE nagas would pretty much turn the plot upside down and thus dysfunctional.

--------------------
--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #249
Ok lets say he only saw Sophia, allright?

[ Saturday, December 13, 2003 06:13: Message edited by: Master Chief aka STD ]

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849

Pages