Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #275
OOC: yes yes, i'm too lazy to think up something unrelated to any game or literature. now go away.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #276
Majorly OOC: Hi. Sorry for vanishing. I won't even try to get back in, just wanted to apologize. My life sorta got in the way, and it doesn't help that my mom took her laptop to Atlanta for over a week. Not that you should remotely care, but I did qualify for the national tournament in debate, and that took more than a little time away from posting. Again, I'd just like to say sorry. Hope I didn't hurt anybody's RPing. Later.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Infiltrator
Member # 1877
Profile #277
OOC: Sorry for disappearing, but Christmas is a really busy time you know.
IC: Tel jumped in the fray, slashing, cutting, trying to kill the powerful creatures,.
”Its the witch on the roof they say,” he overheard a soldier say, ”she has summoned the creatures!” The roof... Sauron was not in shape of flying, maybe he had to climb.
He dodged the swift blow of a creature he did not care to look at, and began the job of climbing the inn. Using some of his throwing stars, he found grip on places without a scratch, and with all the holes and damage, it was not too difficult to climb the rest, except for the gob of acid, or piece of flesh, or soldier that banged right by his head once in a while
The battle was still raging on under him, he put his hand on the edge of the roof, prepared to pull himself up....

--------------------
MDNZZZ
ZMMMBIS
WBLOONZ

33111-CRUSADER-4849
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #278
OOC: I'm moving the plot a little.

IC:
Rasil soon entered the fray as well, with Kris tagging behind him. Schostas and Tel was already there, and Aarrow Swift was sleeping at the Inn. Shadow Wolf had disappeared, obviously fighting something greater than him.

The crowd was creating mass chaos as demons, wyrms, and other powerful creatures thundered about the fairgrounds, and the leaders fought on the horde. The soldiers were getting massacred in an untimely fashion, as the powerful creatures continued to demolish the area.

Rasil spied Tel slowly climbing up to the roof, and managed to hear the same rumor he had heard. There was nothing else to do but to check it out with Tel. "Kris, help out Schostas! I'm heading over to Tel," Rasil cried over the din of battle. Kris only nodded, and disappeared beneath the clashing of swords and claws.

OOC: Aarrow, you can come back in, just wake up. I was worried about you, but at least your back. Your pretty vital to this all.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #279
Shadow Wolf backed off, then teleported himself behind Narthos. He caught the demon off guard with an uppercut, but as he swung back down it blocked his attack. The two dueled on, the sky turning black with bats.

With a spin and a slash to the left, Shadow Wolf managed to cut off part of Narthos' armour. The demon landed a blow on the blademaster at the same time, ripping off a piece of his overcoat. The blademaster pressed Silentstriker forward, making a nasty cut through Narthos' right shoulder. Immediately he held the blade against its throat. "Leave this world before I slice your head off."

"You think you can, mortal, but you cannot." Narthos suddenly disappeared. Focussing his senses, Shadow Wolf felt Narthos atop the thick cloud of bats, now approaching the Inn. Feeling that defeating Narthos was necessary, Shadow Wolf leaped onto the cloud.

"You merely wanted round two, Narthos." Shadow Wolf drew Silentstriker once again, and landed on his feet, on top of the bats. "This mistake will cost you your head."

"You are wrong, blademaster, as my little cloud is now hovering over this Inn," Narthos replied. Both could see Sophia emerging behind Shadow Wolf, followed by her powerful minions on the ground. "Your insistence on protecting this land will cost you yours."

OOC: That's right, let's all fight on the cloud of bats! It's actually possible for anyone to jump up from the roof of the Inn onto the cloud. Come on, let's make this final battle memorable!

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #280
The Dark Wyrms are making a mess of the bystanders and soldiers, melting them with their acid left and right. The Efreets are busy burning them, the Nagas are summoning serpents and throwing spells left and right and anything that moves. The Gazers are draining their victims and pummeling them with spells. The Rakshasa are parrying attacks and absorbing all magic thrown at them. The Drake Lords are busy scorching anything that dares attack them. The summoned creatures are fighting harder than they ever had before, battling against the witch's creatures with great fury.

One of the ogres locks his gaze on one of the two efreets and begins pummeling it with cold spells. The other ogre concentrates on a Dark Wyrm, attacking it with kill spells. The dryads split up, each taking on a Naga, knowing the Rakshasi with just absorb their spells. The ice lizard successfully injures one of the efreets but in the process, it is blasted apart by the Efreet's fiery breath. The Spectre turns its attention from one of the Efreets to a Rakshasa, effectively clawing it several times and avoiding it magical blasts.

One of the drakes takes on a gazer searing it with its breath and pummeling it with fire spells. The other drake takes on a Dark Wyrm, attacking it with various spells and fiery breath, and avoiding its acid spray. The two basilisks gang up on a gazer and soon turn it to stone. They then split up; one going after an Efreet, and the other after naga. The centaurs each take on a Rakshasa, striking each with their swords and avoiding running quickly past them to avoid any magical blasts.

The fireflies on the inn continue to swoop down and attack the witch, every now and then successfully stinging her. The aranea had been attacking her with webs and spells, but was fried by one of her spells and is now dead. Arrow Swift is just now waking up after having too much ale. Vincent is nowhere to be found and is thought to be dead. Tel is about to climb onto the roof, when a cloud of bats appears and hovers directly behind him. On the cloud can be seen Shadow Wolf and the Demon.

Schostas feels he should help fight one of the Dark Wyrms seeing as he and Shadow Wolf had successfully destroyed the one in the inn. Schostas takes an opportunity to surprise attack the Dark Wyrm when it turns its attention to the drake attacking it. He jumps on top of it and drives his black long sword into its head and straight through. He then proceeds to pull the sword towards him and starts tearing the Dark Wyrm in half, literally. Acid and blood erupt from the growing gash in the Dark Wyrm and it soon expires in a vast pool of it. The aurora around Schostas protects him from the acid. He then pulls out his sword and turns his attention to a Rakshasa.

He hates these creatures with his every being because he lost several of his closest friends in the late Queen's private army to these creatures. With a howl, he rushes it and catching it off-guard, drives his sword deep into it. The Rakshasa counters by hitting him with a spell while he is up close. The aurora around his body absorbs the spell, leaving the Rakshasa with an astonished look on its face. Schostas can't help but smile in return. With his cloaks, he possesses the same magical absorption power that the Rakshasa has.

Schostas then starts twisting the sword around a bit inside the Rakshasa. The acid from the Dark Wyrm that was on the sword starts eating away at the Rakshasa's insides, causing it roar out in pain. The Rakshasa counters his torture with a shockwave spell. This spell is too powerful for Schostas to completely absorb at so close a range and it send him flying backwards 30 some feet into the side of the inn. With a crack, the inn wall stops him, knocks the air out of him, and he falls to the ground. When he manages to get back up, he finds that he is still holding his sword. Looking to where the Rakshasa was, he sees it lying on the ground dead, bleeding heavily from the gash in its abdomen and slowly decomposing from the Dark Wyrm's acid.

He gives off a laugh at seeing this and then looks around for another creature to attack. Locking his eyes on a Naga, he howls and charges into the fray again. The drake attacking the Dark Wyrm turns its attention to one of the Drake Lords. Now that the one Rakshasa was dead, the one Centaur went after the other drake lord.

OOC: The rest of you can pick what you want to fight. Its up to you, not me.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #281
Narthos is the real threat here, Shadow Wolf said to himself. But if he dies, this cloud of bats will disappear. Still, at least all the minions die after Narthos dies.

Shadow Wolf shifted to the right to dodge a jab from Narthos. Another claw came swooping down, only to be stopped by Silentstriker. The blademaster leaped back to distance himself from the dreadlord, while also intentionally leaving himself open. Seeing this, Narthos charged, and slashed down with both claws - only to find a stab wound in his own stomach, and Shadow Wolf just out of reach. The demon, holding back the pain, blast him back with a ball of fire.

Knowing that any fall would be lethal, Shadow Wolf quickly regained balance, and teleported back to his foe. However, Narthos flew up and back as he attempted to stab him again.

"You may be 2 and 0, human," Narthos shouted, bleeding heavily at the same time, "But someday, you will fall."

With a flash of light, the dreadlord teleported himself out of the airborne battlefield...

--------------------
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3159
Profile Homepage #282
OOC: Well, im kinda new to rping but lets try it

IC: Vincent thinks a moment then says to himself "What am I doing? This may not be my battle but I should still help out some." With that he crawls out from under the bed and begins chanting inane phrases...

SIMULACRUM!

As Vincent finishes the final syllable, a red portal opens in the room and the most unlikely of characters steps out from it: A young child.

The child stretches his limbs the way someone would who has been in a coma for several days. When his arm stretches out to his right, his fingertips begin to glow lime green. He has a sheathe across his back little more than 2 feet long. His clothes are ragged, and he is barefoot. He seems to be hovering less than a centimeter above the floor, as if he is wearing shoes, but his feet don't even seem to have anything magical on or around them. His hair is short and unkept, some folicles standing on end with sparks shooting out from them.

Finally done stretching, he cheerfully says, "Hi dad!"

Vincent replies to his son, "Welcome back to the real world, Mick. How was your rest?"

Mick scratches his nose and says "Well, I had a lot of time to think while floating around in the void of your soul crystal. I've invented a few spells that would be fun to use."

As Vincent crawls back under the bed, he tells his son, "You might just have a chance to use them now. We have a bunch of demons outside that I would like you to deal with."

Mick's eyes light up with excitement. "Oh boy! I get to try out my spells!" With that he walks out the door with the slow gait of his father.

Vincent mutters to himself, "Kids these days... I just hope they dont unleash his true power."
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #283
OOC: a little late kid, this is the final battle.

--------------------
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3159
Profile Homepage #284
OOC: Eh, well better late than never. Besides, I just now bothered to go lookin into the general forum.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #285
OOC: Sorry, but you joined in way too late. You'll just have to forget about your post and find a different RP. I'm wrapping this RP up to a close soon. Just not yet.

IC:
Rasil had enough time to get on the could of bats when several strong monsters came into view. Minotaurs, Nagas, and a plethora of different Orcs came charging at him. Slowly bringing his daggers up to him, he rushed into his enemies, intent on being the last one alive. He slashed his dagger forth into one orc, and let his other one fly around his wrist. Before the monsters knew it, Rasil was almost walking steadily with daggers flying in everywhich direction, creating an almost impassible barrier, and cutting them up instantly.

Sure enough, only five minutes and the group lay dead. Rasil scouted the blademaster wrapping up the fight of the demon, his own thoughts racing through for more answers. His own thoughts finally led to seeing Sophia upon the cloud of bats, her red lips and pale skin visible in the flurry of bats supporting them. She wore a black silk dress, and wore her hair long, jet black. His anger boiled from seeing her; Another tramp was all she was, nothing more than a mere plesure bringer! That was all her life was based on, and she loved it.

"YOU!!" Rasil screamed. She noticed instantly, her eyes darting in his direction. "You will pay for attempting to tear this kingdom apart!" He raised a finger toward her, making a defiant stand. She only looked at him, but then started walking toward him. The fireflies were missing; They were more than likely burned.

"Oh... yes... I'm hearing this," Sophia commented. "...from a theif? A person who would rather give someone's life up for profit? And yet..." She continued, moving slowly toward Rasil. "...it seems as though... a thief is telling me about evil. When he, himself... is evil as well." Her lips were weaving disbelief, and distrust toward the thief, and his mind began to fight her words, but to no avail. "Please," She continued, "Tell me... you, of all people, are trying to save this place? Why not just throw away your life and return to being a peasant? You show so many different views... and yet... your still the same slithering scum of a thief who is out there only for his own good. You don't have comrades; You only have packmules. Go, and leave this place, little thief." He word stung him in the worst places. He had been through this speech before, but to hear it twice...

He stood there, watching the woman slowly walk up to him. She looked into his eyes with fierce ambition and angst. His own hands closed slightly on the woman, and she let a tear down. She turned away, and he let go of his grip on her hands.

"Please..." She stated. "Leave. Go away from this place, little theif. You only are here for profit anyhow, and that is all I can give you." He hung his head slightly low. The wind gave a gust, blowing about the relief and happiness away. He slowly turned around and walked a slow zombie like stride away from her... his only love.

"...here for profit anyhow!" Sophia yelled at him. He cringed, falling down upon the flurry of bats. His thoughts were too much, his emotions took hold, and wouldn't let go. "You have taken all you have... now, LEAVE!" Her final yell, shaking even the ground, gave a hole from the cloud of bats, letting Rasil fall through. His distant stare caught her trampish smile of disgust, and the theif fell to the earth, letting a tear come out...

OOC: Well, that shows how Sophia is. She does not use skill, but gets people through talking. She is very devious...

And now, I let my character fall... Will he be saved? Who knows?

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #286
OOC: Let's not let the type of creatures around get out of hand. I specifically stated which creatures had appeared. There were only Drake Lords, Dark Wyrms, Nagas, Rakshasi, Gazers, and Efreets. There are no Orcs or whatever else you said. Let's keep Lord of the Rings out of this, please. I know its a good movie, but it has no place in this RP.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #287
IC: Aarrow rolled out of bed and put his pants on. The combination of not enough alcohol, sleep deprivation, and the repeated use of his Demon Bow techniques had nearly left him in a coma. The battle outside was earsplitting. A horde of ungodly creatures emitting battle cries and death moans was the worse sound Aarrow could remember hearing since, well, it was best not to dwell on that. Aarrow gathered his equipment and rushed outside to join the other warriors. Almost immediately upon reaching the battle scene, he noticed 2 things. A cloud of bats on which a battle was taking place, and the young theif Rasil plummeting from it. Once again, Aarrow's instinct kicked in. He was too far away to have a hope of catching Rasil, but the Demon Bow would have no problem. He drew and Aarrow and charged the bow rapidly. His eyes flashed lavender as he released the arrow. It soared through the air and struck the ground just below where Rasil was about to hit. It exploded into a balloon of a lavender colored jelly-like substance. Rasil splashed into the substance and sank to the bottom. It would disintigrate in about twenty seconds, leaving Rasil completely unharmed. Given of course, that he held his breath.

I really didn't want to use another technique so early in the fight. Now my energy is so drained I might not be able to use the ultimate technique.

Aarrow notched his bow again and joined the slaughter.

OOC: Ok, I'm back in, but you can go ahead and take some liberties with my character, as I'll be busy for the next couple of days. I just ask that you don't try and invent any new techniques for my character.

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #288
"Nice verbal tricks there, Sophia," Shadow Wolf commented, turning around to see her standing still. "You must've had plenty of practice to ... greatly amplify your skill."

"Yet you think that you are one to comment on me, blademaster," Sophia replied. "Someone who straddles the line between 'light' and 'darkness' for the 'good of the world'..." She approached him, and continued on just like she did the Rasil, "Little blademaster, you must realise that 'light' and 'darkness' are equal to 'good' and 'evil'."

"I do. In a black-and-white sense of belief, light is good and darkness is evil. But - "

"But you walk the line between good and evil for the sake of 'goodness'," She forcibly finished his statement. "If you are fighting fire with fire, it makes you equivalent to the fire. If you are fighting evil with evil, then you are evil. Just as evil ... as us."

"You mistake honour for goodness, madam," Shadow Wolf returned, almost mockingly spitting 'madam', and approaching Sophia in the same manner as she to him, "and lack thereof for evil. Madam, I have never claimed goodness or evil. I am the one in the middle watching both. Madam, you have not considered the forces of creation and destruction. I, madam, am here to balance the equation of creation and destruction. I am here to disrupt the forces of destruction before creation is no more. You are here to aid in the force of destruction, inevitably destroying yourself as you are a result of the force of creation. Tell me, madam, who are you to judge 'good' and 'evil', when you are yourself a servant of the 'evil', the 'black', the 'darkness'?"

"Enough!" Sophia cried. "Damned men, you are all the same!"

"If you say so, then you are not stopped from believing so," Shadow Wolf answered her cry, sheathing Silentstriker to avoid merciless. "It's not too late to turn back, madam. The shore is still visible. Give up your magic, Sophia, while it is still early!"

OOC: y'all can decide on what Sophia will do/say. just remember that Shadow Wolf can quickly reach for his spear launcher and fire with reasonable accuracy if you want her to attack him.

--------------------
--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #289
Schostas joins the one dryad in attacking the naga. He starts by throwing a kill spell at it, dealing it a good deal of damage. The naga in return throws a major poison spell at Schostas, hitting him in the arm. His cloaks can't protect him from the poison as it slowly begins coursing through the veins in his arm and into his body. He casts a strong cure poison spell on himself and effectively rids himself of the poison. He then gets an idea. He tells the dryad to distract the naga while he tries to surprise it from behind. The dryad nods to him and begins casting a series of white light spells to blind the naga.

Schostas calls to Kris who is fighting in vain against one of the drake lords. Kris runs to him to see what he wants.

Kris: "Yes, what is it?"

Schostas: "I think we can successfully sneak up on that one naga while the dryad distracts it for us. What do you think?"

Kris: "I think it just might work. Let's do it."

Upon sneaking up behind it, the dryad sends forth a spell that stuns the naga visibly. Schostas sees his chance, wraps himself around the naga from behind, and holds it in place long enough for Kris to attack it. Being careful not to hit Schostas, Kris stabs the naga several times with his sword and it soon goes limp in Schostas's arms. Letting go of the naga, he draws his sword and slices off its head just to be safe. The dryad goes to help its sibling and the basilisk fight the other naga.

Schostas and Kris move onto the other naga and have little trouble sneaking up on it from behind because of the three creatures attacking it. Kris grabs a hold of it this time and Schostas starts slicing at it with his black long sword. However, before he can kill it, the basilisk hits it with a gaze spell and turns it to stone. Kris finds himself holding onto a statue before he knows what has happened. He voices his slight embarrassment at this finding by cursing under his breath. The dryads split up again, each moving on to a drake lord. The basilisk decides to attack the second efreet. Arrow comes on to the scene shortly after that.

Arrow: "Sorry about not being out here sooner. I really needed my recuperation severely. What can I do to help?"

Schostas: "That's okay. You can help us kill off the other Dark Wyrm. Then we'll move onto the drake lords. Unless you want to go after the other Rakshasa first?"

Arrow: "Please! Let's go after the Rakshasa first. I a not THAT prepared to face another Dark Wyrm again so soon."

Schostas: "Very well, let's destroy that Rakshasa scum!!"

They all let out war cries and dash into battle against the surviving Rakshasa with the Spectre and the centaur who are currently already fighting it. The two dragonflies are both dead now after being struck by some of Sophia's spells. Soldiers are here and there fighting. Many of them have died along with lots of spectators.

OOC: Schostas has some of his poisoned throwing stars left and will use them in the battle against the Efreets and the drake lords.

Current Stats:

Player Stats
1. Schostas - battling the surviving Rakshasa.
2. Kris - battling the surviving Rakshasa.
3. Arrow - attacking the surviving Rakshasa.
4. Rasil - lying in a puddle of muck after having fallen from the cloud of bats.
5. Tel - on the roof or cloud of bats(?)
6. Shadow Wolf - on the cloud of bats talking to Sophia
7. King Gerald and King Lance - in the inn being protected.
8. Neris and the bartender - in the inn.
9. Queen Sophia (the witch) - on the cloud of bats.
10. Vincent - (MIA) Presumed dead.

Summoned Creatures (Schostas's) Stats:

1. Dryads - #1 Dead (Titan injuries), #2 fighting Drake Lord #1, #3 fighting Drake Lord #2.
2. Basilisks - #1 fighting Efreet #1 and #2 fighting Efreet #2.
3. Dragonflies - Both dead.
4. Ice Lizard - Dead.
5. Aranea - Dead.
6. Spectre - Attacking surviving Rakshasa.
7. Drakes - #1 attacking surviving Gazer, #2 attacking Drake Lord #1.
8. Centaur - #1 attacking surviving Rakshasa, #2 attacking Drake Lord #2.
9. Ogre Mage - #1 attacking surviving Gazer, #2 attacking surviving Dark Wyrm.

Summoned Creatures (Queen Sophia's)

1. Surviving Rakshasa - being attacked by Schostas, Kris, Arrow, Spectre, and 1 Centaur.
2. Surviving Gazer - being attacked by Drake #1 and Ogre Mage #1.
3. Surviving Dark Wyrm - being attacked by Ogre Mage #2.
4. Drake Lord #1 - being attacked by Drake #2 and Dryad #2.
5. Drake Lord #2 - being attacked by Centaur #2 and Dryad #3.
6. Efreet #1 - Being attacked by Basilisk #1.
7. Efreet #2 - Being attacked by Basilisk #2.
8. Nagas - Both dead.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #290
Rasil felt defeated, defeated from within. Slowly all surrounding screams and growls of battle faded in darkness and silence, and time lost meaning.

darkness.

He was alone again. An image he had already seen. He was fighting off undead. Fighting in an underground town, iluminated only by fungal glow. He was fighting undead...lots of them. He had a sandwich in his other hand, trying to reach someone, even though no one was there. The undead kept coming, and wouldn't let him though. He kept fighting...
but his strength left him...

...Just when he thought he was about to expire the zombies faded, the town was emty. In the distance a dark figure aproached him slowly, a cloaked figure. Rasil made a final stand. The figure walked closer and closer until he was right in front of him. Rasil reached for his dagger but the figure lifted his head revealing a familiar face, yet distant.

IMAGE(http://mars.walagata.com/w/kelaziz/Kel-Aziz_Face_cloaked.jpg)

The man smiled. "That is not what I want...you have something for me...?" he asked staring at the sandwich.

Rasil gave the cloaked man his sandwich. The man smiled "Thanks kid" and turned away. Just as he was about to fade into the darkness he turned back to him.

"Take this ring kid...it might help you some day..." With that said, the cloaked man faded into the dark...

Light.

Suddenly the sounds of battle came out again as Rasil regained his counciousness, looking at his own hand he noticed the shining glow of the ring and smiled.

OOC: A little help from an old friend... Give this RP the ending it deserves Tommy...

[ Thursday, January 01, 2004 09:38: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #291
OOC: I believe this will be one of the final posts for this RP... I believe that the climax has been reached, and that the final straw had been made... After this, I guess you should make your final posts of leaving and such. Thank you, everyone.

IC:
Rasil smiled, looking at the glowing ring. Wind started to gust around him, dust blowing up everywhere. His thoughts started to concentrate on the ring; It burst into a much brighter glow, eminating everything around him. He was not scared anymore; Never should he be afraid of someone that strikes with words. His body lifted off the ground, the gusts of wind becoming somewhat severe. He slowly raised higher into the sky and toward the cloud of bats.

Sophia screamed and launched herself toward the Blademaster. He brought up the Spear launcher and shot it with amazing accuacy, but the spear never hit her. The spear splinted to pieces upon an ivisible barrier created by the Queen and fell toward the earth, causing irritation to anyone fighting down under. Her mouth moved quickly, with each syllable clear and precise, and fireballs emerged around her, and circled her own body, keeping even Shadow Wolf at bay. He dodged Sophia, avoiding the flames surrounding her. Her laugh echoed in his ears without remorse.

Rasil rose up to the bats, scattering them away as the wind continued to blow in a hurricane like fashion. He turned to face Sophia, his face with a slight grin, a relaxed expression. Sophia screeched to a halt to avoid being blown away. The Thief's ring slowly died down, and the winds finally gave way, letting him settle upon the remaining bats lightly. His expression still held, the ring still glowling slightly. "I am not afraid," He said. "Not now. Never."

The Queen laughed at him. "If it isn't the little thief once again!" She said in contempt. "I'm suprised you got over your feelings so quickly, and yet... maybe you just wanted more pain to feel?" She commented. Her shadow cast evil upon the inn, and the sounds of battle could be heard below.

"No," Rasil exlaimed. "I'm not here for your own pleasures, tramp." The last word made Sophia more violent. Her fireballs died out as she stood there, waiting for his answer. "I'm here to defend this inn. I'm here to make Serenity the place it was before. I'm here to destroy you, the creator of this whole mess." The Theif withdrew the simple ring from his finger, still glowing softly. He looked at it one last time, and hurled it at Sophia. Several things happened just then...

Shadow Wolf closed in for the kill, intent on ending her life quickly. The ring flew into the barrier and pierced it, breaking the invisible wall. Her look of suprise and shock was the last thing that everyone saw of her. The ring shined brightly, and shattered after hitting the barrier, and gave out a loud crackle of noise. One solitary scream pierced the sky, as a beam of light burst through the place Sophia was standing, and into the earth near the inn. Shadow Wolf backed away from the blast soon enough as the cloud of bats started to disperse. The summoned creatures that Sophia had created vanished with trailing smoke, and the darkened sky finally came out with the moon. Rasil was falling again...

He landed on the roof of the inn with only a twisted ankle. The pain bit into him, but he held his face and looked at the beam. Shadow Wolf appeared beside him, watching the beam of light, also, continue to shine. The scream continued to peforate the sky with its sound - Unending, twisting and distorting. Then it abruptly stopped, the beam of light slowly faded, and everything was quiet. The shining beacon in the sky hung on, its brightness showing no fear.

The Destruction of Serenity was done.

OOC: Yeah, took me a while to think this up. A bit heroish-cliche, a little crappy godmodding, but in my opinion, I enjoyed every second of it. =P Anyhow, everyone can make their final posts, and I'll give the last closing post, with suprises for both Neris and Schostas. If anyone wants to know, Rasil stays there for three weeks before leaving...

If anyone else wants to know, I'm not too satisfied with how my post came out... I dunno. Just doesn't feel right to me to make it. Ah, maybe its just because this is the first time I've done a finishing (of evil villain) post.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #292
OOC: Well, I'm glad I came back, and glad I joined this RP in the first place. I think it went great, all things considered.

IC: Aarrow gazed around himself, in awe. It never did feel quite right to him when a battle ended. Kind of like the end of a book. Though it's best for it to end sometime, it never fails that you wish there was something more. Aarrow looked around at the remaining defenders, battered and exhausted, yet triumphant. He gazed at Rasil, injured and exhausted on the roof of the inn, the unexpected hero.

So young, and already so much pain. I can only hope the rest of his life is as rewarding as possible.

He looked at Schostas, Shadow Wolf, and the others, tending minor wounds and helping the defenders gather themselves together. Then he gazed at the innkeeper and his surrogate daughter. She truly was the unbearable likeness of Nadia, that young girl he had treated as the sister he never had. They hugged, and not even the grizzled forest warrior could prevent a tear from slipping out.

Random strangers putting their lives on the line to rescue complete strangers. In my heart, I will never do enough good to repay my debts, but to these people, they will never forget. They will never forget any of us.

Aarrow took one last look around, and turned to leave the scarred valley behind. It was time for his endless wandering to continue.

I no longer have any part in this. It's time for me to leave.

"Aarrow!" Rasil cried.

He turned and saw Rasil motion for him to stay.

Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to have one last drink before I leave.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #293
OOC: You say that you didn't feel your post was good enough, Tommy. Let me change your mind about that through the eyes of Schostas. This takes place up to the point where Sophia disappears and the people start heading for the inn.

IC: Schostas, Kris, and Arrow manage to take out the surviving Rakshasa by sneaking up on it while the Centaur and the Spectre have it distracted. Schostas wraps around it from behind to keep it from turning on them, but it sends out a stray fireball spell. It finds a target on the Spectre, tearing it to pieces with the heat blast. Angrily, Kris starts thrusting his sword into the Rakshasa repeatedly and it soon collapses from its injuries. Arrow takes an arrow from his quiver and shoots the Rakshasa in the head at point blank range from five away, effectively ending its evil life.

They rush onto the Gazer with the Centaur and with the help of the Drake and Ogre Mage already attacking it, rip it to shreds in no time. Their combined force then moves onto the Dark Wyrm, effectively annihilating it in less than two minutes. They then spread themselves out amongst the Efreets and the Drake Lords. Schostas then suddenly remembers the few still poisoned throwing stars that he has in his pocket. Taking them out, he sees that he has only one left that is evenly coated with poison. He decides to save that one for Sophia. It is then that he sees Rasil rising up towards the cloud of bats with a glowing ring on his finger. Schostas recognizes the ring, but can't believe it is possible that he is seeing it.

-------

He is seeing one of the great Absollon Rings in action. It was a ring of legend, endowed only to the most important of people. Only a few still exist and the only way it is possible for Rasil to have one is if it was given to him by a great mage as a gift for some good deed. Or it could have been willed to him by someone who was dying and they trusted him dearly enough to have it. Whatever the reason, all Schostas knows is that the ring possesses great powers.

The power to override any type of magic, create portals to almost anywhere, and send any powerful evil sorcerer or mage through a portal to a null void in space and time with but a command from the wielder of it and contact with the evil source itself. It also possessed the power of flight, lifesaving, magic resistance, magic amplification, and blessing the user. These powers are why this ring was so greatly prized at one point in time and still are. Many were destroyed or locked up in vaults to keep them from falling into the wrong hands. Rasil was fortunate to possess such a ring as long as no one else knew exactly what it was.

-------

He sees Rasil reach the cloud of bats and both him and Sophia exchange words. Shadow Wolf attempts to kill her with a spear launcher, but the magical field around Sophia deflects it. He then sees Rasil mouth some words and throw the ring at her. It pierces her magical field, overriding its power. When it hits her, it adheres itself it her body and a white light envelops her. She starts screaming at the top of her lungs as the cloud of bats dissolves from underneath her. She doesn't fall however, but just hangs there in the sky as a white portal opens up behind her.

Schostas sees his chance and chucks his throwing star at her. He realizes that it may not do any damage now, but at least he will have had a hand in her death. The throwing star meets it mark and strikes her square in the chest and he can hear a strange metallic clink as it does so. She gives a stronger scream when the throwing star hits her and makes an attempt to pull it out. However, it won't budge at all, so she just continues screaming. All of the sudden it seems apparent that the poison is beginning to have an effect on her as her screaming becomes broken gasps and coughs. But it starts happening just as the portal begins enveloping her body and is barely noticeable.

Then there is a white flash and she disappears completely as the portal begins to fade. He looks around and sees the Efreets and the Drake Lords disappear. Kris was in the process of thrusting his sword into the Drake Lord as it began to fade away, causing him to fall to the ground with his sword. Finding that he was fooled again, he curses aloud this time and walks towards the inn. Arrow had just finished hitting one of the Efreets with an arrow as it faded away, leaving his arrow to fall to the ground. Schostas's summoned creatures stopped their battling before the other creatures vanished, as if they knew they no longer posed a threat.

Everyone stands around and marvels at what has just happened. They then check themselves for wounds, and head towards the inn. Schostas managed to notice one thing that no one else did. A ring fell to the ground after his throwing star hit Sophia, explaining the click he had heard. Surely it wasn't Rasil's ring. That one had disintegrated. He walks over to it and picks it up. There is a necklace chain attached to it and it is engraved "To Sophia, from the Queen Granst." To his astonishment, it is another Absollon Ring. That explained Sophia's great power. He quickly sticks it in his pocket and contemplates what the wisest course of action for it would be.

Schostas decides that it would be best to lock it away in the most impenetrable vault in the kingdom and not let anyone know about it. He would wear it himself, but that would just be inviting death. He then remembers the dead summoned creatures of the witch Sophia. He then goes around collecting pieces of them as souvenirs. He collects a naga's head, a Gazer's eye, a Rakshasa’s hand and head, a Drake Lord's tooth that was knocked out, an Efreet's hand that was cut off, and a patch of skin and a bottle of acid from a Dark Wyrm.

Packing them away in a large flour sack by the duel ring, he finally heads for the inn, planning to preserve each of the items he has collected in pure alcohol. His summoned creatures follow him to the inn and the Drakes and Centaurs wait outside while the Ogre Mages, Basilisks, and Dryads go inside.

OOC: I want my summoned creatures to be a part of the ending.

[ Thursday, January 01, 2004 20:15: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #294
[i]Epilouge
-----------------------------------------
[/i]

Thus, the Destruction of Serenity came to an end. The two leaders themselves were forced to sign a treaty, to keep both of them at bay. Without Schostas's help, none of this would have happened in the first place. Lance later came down from the throne, and persuaded his little brother to do the same. They both passed the throne to none other than Schostas. His knowlegde of the land was greater than both the brothers, so who else? They didn't have children anyhow.

Schostas, he accepted to be the new heir to the throne. His first instincts were to not take it, but with enough encouragement from his friends and the two former kings, he accepted. Thus, the Kingdom of Light and Kingdom of Truth came together to re-create the Kingdom of Serenity. His creatures served even more usefully, doing regular patrols and giving escorts to people. They, too, soon grew into serenity.

The Middle Passing soon grew to a ledgend of how Schostas, Aarrow, Shadow Wolf, Rasil, Neris, and a few others protected the inn from the great creatures like the dreaded Titan, and most foul Dark Wyrm. The biggest ledgend was the beam of light at the end. Most people just dismissed it as a fairytale by then, and more people began to forget. However, all the heroes have their own name on the wall of the inn. And that was how the inn was soon forgotten as another inn.

So... Serenity finally, closes its books of history for now... and honor those heroes that had saved not only the precious Middle Passing from destruction, but all of Serenity... but...

One question remains... Where is everyone?

Lance came to become one of Schostas's adviors, in the political fairs. He was stunning in every occasion, fitted with robes of silk and laced with gold. His own advice was more than helpful, as his greed was nothing like Gerald. He soon became the Right Hand Man of King Schostas.

Gerald left the kingdom to become a mercenary. His own love of fighting drew him away from Serenity, as he soon joined a group called Tattered Shadows, full of bandits, theifs, and other riff-raff. Sadly, Gerald was killed in one of his mission, when he tried to kill a drake by himself.

Kris left the inn and Serenity with Rasil to just see what else is out there in the world. They both were given a nice goodbye party as the sail set into the distance. Kris soon split up with Rasil at the port town they docked in, and his adventures began.

Aarrow Swift... he left after a while. He left without a trace, said no goodbyes, and none of those things most people do when going. He left one note, saying to thank both Neris and the Barkeep for the drinks. Most people say that the inn gave Aarrow three barrels of his favorite alchohol... who knows?

Neris continued to work at the inn, and blossomed beatifully. She was still a rascal and tomcat in a sort of way, but her expertise in waitressing came valueable... and so did her short sword. Most people by then knew not to mess with her.

Da learned to live a litte more than at the inn, and went on an expidition to see some sights and sounds of Serenity. He came back fine, and said one thing: "Oi Need a Drink." His days grew old, however, and he soon died of natrual causes. His grave now stands beside the inn.

Shadow Wolf disappeared almost as silently as Aarrow Swift. His disappearance left many confused, but most inn goers knew by then how mysterious he was. Not much else could be said.

Rasil, our young hero, left Serenity after three weeks with Kris. Yes, he also got a goodbye party, but even King Schostas came down to say goodbye to the lad. His own feelings humbled, the two set off into the distance. He split with Kris at the port town, to continue his own adventures.

40 years after the Destruction of Serenity...

Neris quickly checked her cellars. Most passages were filled by now, thanks to the efforts of many. Now no one will get lost... some cartographers came by to map the cellar, and now maps are all over it. Her own thoughts came to her childhood of crawling all over those caverns, and always wondering what could come next. Her work soon came in confilct when she heard the door open.

The night air blew a breeze into the inn. The Middle Passing was rather quiet this night, so Neris ordered her hired workers to take the night off. Only a drunken man was in the bar room, and he was passed out. Five people slowly entered the bar as the door shut behind them. They were all cloaked, so she could not tell what they looked like. They were only more customers, and Neris gave a sigh of discomfort. She had hoped the night would stay this way... so much for that.

Her hair flowed easily as she came upon the corner table where they sat. "So, what'll it be, boys?" She said in her same accent as a child. "Ye know, it won't be long before I grow tired of you all." Her slight smile brought pleasantness to the customers sitting.

"Give me a mug of your best drink!" Said an old voice from the past. Her own face turned to shock as it sounded back when the two armies first clashed at this inn... Her face turned bright red from embarressment from gawking at the cloaked man. "I'm sorry, sir... its just that-"

"No need to be sorry," Replied a different cloaked man. He soon took off the hood, to reveal an old man that once was Kris. The others took off their hoods as well, revealing the other heroes as well. Shadow Wolf still looked to be thirty five. "Well..." Rasil said, his voice more strained and quieter, "...why don't you get us an order?" His own smile gave Neris a shock of exitement. She quickly jumped off into the cellars and immediatly filled the mugs full of ale and wine and other things. Neris came back within two minutes; her hand with a tray picked up by the nearest counter.

She served the old men, and sat down herself. All of them, Aarrow, Rasil, Schostas who sneaked out of his throne, Kris, Shadow Wolf, and Neris talked away the rest of the night, and drank heartily to the good times. The moon hung on to the night sky, lighting the land of Serenity in all of its splendor and peacefullness.

[i]Fin.[/i]

OOC: Well, thats it! Thanks everyone for being here... And I think I'm going to use Serenity for my own purpose. Thanks again, everyone for being here and all. Hope you like the ending. PM me of what you think... just don't post here anymore. That would ruin it.

Goodbye!

--------------------
-Random Quote

Pages