Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #75
OOC: Mind if I let my character go berserk as well? As I am in a bad mood here at home, I welcome it heartily.

IC: Schostas stops casting spells when he hears that the little girl is being held captive. "He runs out of the back room and into the main part of the inn. The bartender is nowhere to be found. He speaks to a nearby soldier. "Where did the bartender go?" The soldier answers him with a tone of fear. "He grabbed his sword and ran outside to kill the man holding Neris captive." Schostas was stunned when he heard this. "Is he crazy!!!!! He'll be killed!!! He has no armor on and won't last long in his state!! I have to help him!"

Schostas runs up to his room and pulls his throwing stars out of his bag. He has a large load of them and carefully adds poison to them. Then he carefully slips them into his pocket. Then he grabs his black great sword and applies poison to that. Oddly enough, it only takes a few drops of poison to cause the sword to suddenly start flowing with poison. This was a surprise to him. It had never done this before. Then he picks it up and rushes down the stairs into the main hall. Then out the front door.

He sees the bartender about 20 yards away and the man with the little girl about 50 yards beyond that. The bartender is in a berserk rage currently and Schostas knows from experience that it won't last too much longer. He must get to him before he is slaughtered. Just then, an arrow strikes Schostas in the shoulder. That did it. He wasn't in a rage until that point. He was running out into this fight only to save the bartender from his own death. But now the arrow has set off his "chaotic" rage.

OOC: Chaotic rage is different from berserker rage. When a person is in a chaotic or berserker rage, all hell can break loose. A berserker rage will only last for so long and gives the person wielding it superhuman strength. The problem is that when it goes away, it weakens the person horrifically. They almost seem to die when they come out of it.

A chaotic rage is a rage that also gives the person wielding it superhuman strength. But can last indefinitely as long as the person still has a reason to be mad. When a person comes out of chaotic rage, they are not weakened like they would be if they went berserk. They just feel overly tired and need to rest a while.

Any major injuries sustained through berserker rage can be fatal when the person comes out of it. But minor injuries are ignored when the person is berserk. A person in a chaotic rage possesses an ability like that of Wolverine. They can heal their damage as long as it isn't too major. Major wounds can be fatal when a person comes out of a chaotic rage, if not treated quickly after.

Sorry for the long OOCs. I will continue my character's fight soon.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #76
OOC:Sorry for the long gaps between posts. I liked how you handled the after effects of the explosion, MSW, but the beam uas simply an energy beam that used all the power within his staff.
IC: Vincent, slowly recovering,had stumbled upstairs right before the invasion by Gerald. He found in a bedside desk a potion of minor healing, and he readily consumed it. It delivered him from his critical state, and he then tried to bandage himself up. He still fought with the idea of using his true expertise to save the inn, but would it be worth the cost? He would never be able to return to see what he had saved. Just as he heard a scuffle begin in the stairway leading up to the ground floor, he had an interesting idea. No one would have to know he used his real magicks. He promptly made a rope of sheets, and lowered himself to the ground.
OOC: Please, don't make any assumptions about his real speciality. It will be revealed soon enough (if necessary) ;) .

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #77
OOC: Time to bring Schostas into the fight.

IC: Schostas being filling with his chaotic rage and suddenly seemed to go nuts. "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!" He yelled as he pulled out the arrow and regained his grip on his black great sword. Then he ran at full sprint towards the combat. When he reached the first of the soldiers, he muttered a few words and suddenly became lightning fast. Or close to it anyway. Then he started chopping through one soldier after another. Soon the attention of the soldiers was being diverted away from the bartender.

Most of the soldiers stopped in their tracks and turned to run towards Schostas. One soldier got a little to close to Schostas and struck his thigh with his sword. Schostas screamed more out of surprise than pain and turned towards the soldiers. With one swift move from his blade, Schostas swung at the soldier with lightning speed and appeared to have missed the soldier. Just then, the soldier gave out a loud moan and the top half of his body fell away from the lower half of his body, blood spurting everywhere.

The other soldiers stared in horror for a few seconds and then continued their attack on Schostas. Blood was now slowing running down his leg from the sword wound, but he ignored it. A soldier thrust a spear at him, but with a swift move of the sword, he chopped it in half and impaled the unfortunate soldier. During all this time, the people of the inn just stood and stared out the window in total awe of what they were seeing. They never saw anyone with such a vicious chaotic aurora as Schostas had right now.

The soldiers kept piling around Schostas, but for every one that came, he would kill two. Soon there were no soldiers left directly around him and he made his way towards the area where the bartender was engaged in battle with a group of soldiers that were standing between him and Neris. Suddenly, the bartender was struck with a sword across his back and fell to the ground. The soldiers began moving in for the kill. Schostas had to think of something fast, or the bartender would be killed.

OOC: I will be bringing in some of the throwing stars next, if I am able to.

[ Tuesday, October 14, 2003 20:14: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #78
IC: The bartender lay on the ground, soldiers readily advancing. Though Schostas was fast, it was clear he would not reach the bartender in time. The soldiers' weapons were raised, but a sudden flurry of arrows glowing with an eerie green aura sailed through the air, striking each of them directly in their hearts. Strangely, not one soldier could even muster the strength to strike the bartender with his final breath. The glow from the arrows spread over the body of each one, causing them to collapse and die rapidly, withering as they fell. Surprised, everyone turned and looked back at the inn. Standing in the door, soaked in blood, stood Aarrow, the last traces of an eerie green glow evaporating from his body. The battle slowed for a moment as the combatants absorbed the new developements.

She looks so much like...

Aarrow tried to remain standing, but his knees buckled and he collapsed in a heap at the entrance of the inn. Though the bartender was no longer in eminent danger, he was badly wounded, and Neris was yet to be rescued. Worse yet for Aarrow, the battle inside the inn was still raging, as was the battle outside, and he had fallen most inopportunely between them.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #79
Outside, Vincent tried to fight as well he could in his condition. He was only able to down a single Geraldian with his sword. Vincent still regretted his using his staff, but he remembered the blast, and it cheered him right up. Nothing like a mass-casualty explosion to cheer Vincent up. He noticed the brutish man(he recalled his name being "Aarrow Swift" or something like that) thunder his broken frame into the door, unleash a great deal of magical fury, and collapse. Vincent ran into the bar to see some whithered corpses of soldiers around the wounded bartender. A girl, her name was "Neres" or something, was being held by some gruff, large man.
"You let her go, scum!" Vincent bellowed at the large man. He now noticed a magical ward around the man.
"I am Gerald of Truth! Surrender to me if you value this girl's life!"
Vincent was in between a rock and a hard place. He made up his mind.
"...Fine. If you feel like staying trapped in here like a dog as my comrades slaughter your men so we can finish you off last, be my guest."

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #80
I'm sorry to be the one noticing this, but I thought the battle was outside the inn. Not inside.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #81
OOC: You have to remember how the Geraldian forces have pushed us. We have obviously been pushed outside the inn, and if we don't do anything now, we're done for. As for Vincent, I believe he raced out of the fort to get to Gerald. I need to bring in Lance already.

IC: The Innsfolk were now surrounded. The Geraldians have pushed everyone out into the field, and everyone was vainly fighting for their life. Rasil had a nasty gash on his leg, and a cut on his forehead. His red scarf was tattered, and he was bleeding in both arms. He slashed another Geraldian, only to have two in its place. Something no one would guess happened next.

The magical wall was dispelled, and the lancians charged ahead into battle. When they saw the Geraldians fighting the innsfolk, they grew furious and charged at the geraldians. (As Lance says, "Kill your enemy that kill your other enemies first.")

OOC: Here is the situation:
Magic wall: Now dispelled.
Who is in the inn: Both Geraldians and Lancians, with the innfolk. Rasil, Aarrow, and I think thats it.
Who is outside the inn(fort!): The Bartender (Dying... ouch.), Schotas (Saving Bartender), Vincent, Neris (In Gerald's hands).

That should clear out some things. Good luck.

EDIT: There, I cleared up some things. Now get the story moving already! I really want to see what you guys do next! =)

[ Tuesday, October 14, 2003 14:27: Message edited by: Tommy ]

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #82
I had made it clear in my post that the bartender and I were both outside of the inn. So are Neris and Gerald. Read one of my previous posts and you will understand what the situation is. The person controlling Vincent has made it sound like my character and several of the others are in the inn. That is simply not true. My character is at least 200 feet from the inn on the Gerald side. Let's get the situation correct please.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #83
OOC: I think the situation has been resolved. Kogar was just a little confused as to what was happening inside and what was happening outside. There were, however, fights going on both inside and outside the inn. So, just make what he said be outside, and everything is fine.

IC: Lying on the floor, his body wracked with pain, Aarrow could only watch the battle at hand. He had not intended to use the magic of the Demon Bow again so soon, but the circumstances had forced him. To save Neris yet let her surrogate father perish could hardly be considered a victory. As he watched, the magic barrier around Gerald was dispelled and the weakened forces of the Geraldians plunged into battle. The soldiers of Lance's kingdom, who had not been as actively engaged in the battle, rode in to fight the Geraldians as well. Gerald, seeing his forces were in trouble, shouted for a retreat, his archers offering backup. The warriors, however, were intent on giving chase.

No you fools!

Sounds of a battle going badly for the defenders of the inn could be heard by Aarrow, but not by those engaging the Geraldian troops. It was clear to Aarrow that the best course of action was to return to the inn to repel the Geraldians inside, but the warriors caught up in the heat of battle were not about to let the fleeing Gerald get away.

Gerald is no fool. So long as Neris is alive and in his possession, he has a bargaining chip. He won't hurt her, and now is not the time to fight.

Paralyzed by his shot from the Demon Bow, Aarrow could only hope his fellow fighters made the smart choice. If something was not done soon, the inn would be lost, and so would any hope of victory.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #84
OOC: I think I will give the inn a little help. The problem is saving Neris, the bartender, and the inn all at the same time. Impossible actually, but I can at least come close somehow.

IC: Schostas was struck with awe at seeing the green arrow killing off the enemies around him and the bartender. Lance's army was now coming through the inn and out the other side. The bartender needed help soon for his wounds, but at the same time Neris and the inn needed to be saved. Schostas had no idea about what to do. Then an idea struck him, though he knew it might cost him his life. But it was worth the risk.

He clutched his medallion and said tried to remember the words his parents talk him. He knew the medallion had a summoning power, but he never before used it and didn't know what it would summon. The words finally returned to him and before casting, he decided it would be wise to help the bartender first.

So he ran to him and muttered some words he read in the spell book. I red light surrounded him and he crouched down by the bartender. He knew that this protection spell would only last for so long, so he made sure that both he and the bartender would get the full force of it. If he could protect himself and the bartender from the approaching Lance soldiers, he would have time to cast his summoning spell.

The light around Schostas grew a darker and darker red, until finally it was the color of blood. Then he reached out from his crouched position and touched the bartender's arm. The light then began flowing around the bartender as well. While the protection spell enveloped both of them, he prepared a healing spell for the bartender. Ranting the words, and blue light extended from Schostas's body and went into the bartender's body.

Right away, the bartender began to squirm and moan. His wounds began to heal and his body began to reenergize. Within a minute, most of his serious wounds had healed up most of the way, and his minor wounds were gone. Then the bartender was able to stand up. When he got his bearings back, he looked around and almost screamed in terror when he saw the approaching Lance army. Schostas silenced him with his hand.

"Don't worry, you are surrounded by a protection spell. They would be able to strike you through it. I will save Neris. You go and help back at the inn." The bartender turned to look for Neris when he mentioned her name. Schostas commanded him again. "I said I will take care of her!!! Get back to the inn!!! NOW!!! GOD DAMMIT GO!!!!"

With that, the bartender turned around and ran for the inn. Various soldiers from Lance's army tried to strike him along the way, all their weapons stopping short on the Protective shield around him. He was able to stab back though and take out several of the soldiers on his way back to the inn.

Schostas concentrated once more on the medallion, ignoring the soldiers trying to strike at him through the protection field around him. Many ignored him and went on their way chasing after the Geraldians. He chanted the words that his parents taught him and the medallion began to glow a bright orange color. Then it began pulsing all the colors of the rainbow. The light from it was so bright he had to close his eyes and the light caused many of the nearby soldiers to stop and stare at the spectacle.

The colors continued to pulse as a soft beautiful voice could be heard emanating from the medallion. It sounded like the most beautiful female voice he had ever heard. Then the very ground on which Schostas was standing began to shake. He wasn't shaking, but everyone else around him was. Then there were a series of explosions in the ground all around him and a thick white smoke filled the air. Then the singing and the pulsing of colors ceased.

When he opened his eyes and saw the smoke clear, there was a whole array of various summoned creatures around him. Well over a dozen different types of creatures, but at least two or three of each.

OOC: I will leave it up to the people of the RP to decide what creatures were summoned. There has to be two or three of each. I want at least two dryads, as they are powerful faeries (as spelled in Exile or at least close to it) and could have been responsible for the beautiful singing heard. The rest is up to you. Sorry for the long post.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #85
Her face is streaked with tear-smudged dirt. Neris huddles against the illusory shelter provided by saddlehorn and horse’s rough mane, whimpering quietly. Her face hurts, and her arm hurts, and she is scared and very alone. Worse though, is the hurt inside. She’d seen her da fight, and she’d been glad that she had never made him that angry, and felt sorry for the people who had. But then he’d fallen, and nothing was right anymore.

Her screams and wails had annoyed Gerald, and Captain Kris had been given the dubious honour of watching over the Geraldians’ diminutive hostage. He sits behind her now, one arm across her shoulder to keep her steady on the horse. Neris tries to lessen the contact as much as possible, afraid of him and his friends, and quite angry too that they are taking her away from her da.

Then the singing starts, faint with distance, yet clear in her mind. Her tears cease flowing by themselves as she lifts her head to listen. Twisting around as well as she can under Kris’ grip, Neris stares back at the fast-retreating inn. Her jaw slackens and she gasps with wonder.

“Pretty,” she whispers, momentarily forgetting her predicament. Creatures beautiful and magical fill her heart with the remnants of barely remembered bardic scraps. She sees creatures that look almost human, and creatures that look almost like horses. A pair of dragonflies hover over the group on giant gossamer wings, glowing golden with the summer’s afternoon sun. There are many more besides, and Neris nearly twists completely around in her attempt to see them all.

Kris spurs the horse on faster.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #86
OOC: I won't mention the creatures, but instead what happens to Schostas.

IC: Schostas sees the creatures all around him and for once feels content with the fact that he might have done something useful. The feeling fades though and he suddenly feels very weak. He remembered all at once his parents' warning that he had forgotten. They warned him that using the medallion would cause a temporary drain of energy and knock him out cold for a while.

These effects are now happening to him. First, he begins to feel weak, and then his legs give out. Then he loses all control of his muscles. The final results of the medallion use become apparent. He now feels completely drained and begins to feel sleepy. Then his eyesight goes and so does his hearing. Finally, he passes out and lies motionless as if he is dead. Even his breathing becomes less apparent. He now looks completely dead to anyone far away or even some of those who are nearby, unless they have a trained eye for such occurrences.

OOC: Ok. My character will be passed out for a while. Hopefully, someone will drag me back to the inn or something.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #87
Rasil continued to chase the Geraldians until the summoned creatures appeared. He stared in awe as simple creatures from skeletons to strong beasts like drakes and wood dryiads came out to fight for their side. Rasil was still awestuck when Schostas fell. He immedietely came out of his state and raced to Schostas. Rasil also noticed Aarrow lying on the ground, still awake, but barely breathing too. Rasil, with what energy he had left, dragged Schostas toward the inn, trying to get someone's attention to help Aarrow out. The battle got even more hectic as the lancians began to battle the summoned creatures and the Geraldians took to the retreating side, knowing full and well they had something that was more valuable than any lancian could get their hands on.

OOC: Truly, everything seems to be going crazy right now. Lets get this battle wrapped up and have night come.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #88
IC: Aarrow watched in amazement as Schostas first protected and healed the innkeeper, then summoned a virtual army of strange magic creatures to engage the Lancians. However, once the summoning spell was complete, Schostas collapsed on the ground.

Hey, that's my move!

Unfortunately, now was not the time for humor. Though the Geraldians had nearly all cleared out of the valley, and the Lancians were otherwise engaged, it was not yet safe to breathe a sigh of relief. Rasil gathered up the unconsious Schostas and started toward the inn, shouting to his fellows for a retreat. Gritting his teeth and depending heavily on the door for assistance, Aarrow struggled to his feet. The pain that coursed through his body was almost unbearable, but dire circumstances meant sacrifices were necessary if the inn was to be saved. His quiver empty, Aarrow put the Demon Bow in its place on his back and drew a wickedly curved sword, using it to cut a leg off of a nearby table and fashion a makeshift cane. As the bleeding and exhausted warriors came into the inn, their hearts fell. The defenders that had been battling the Geraldians inside were being pushed back into the commons. Things looked grim.

The innkeeper stood on one side, still covered with a few remaining traces of Schostas' protection spell, Rasil stood on the other, breathing heavily and bleeding from several minor wounds, and Aarrow stood between them, leaning on his staff but still a dangerous opponent. Joining the weary defenders from inside, the three fighters led the warriors from outside in a valiant charge to repel the Geraldians.

OOC: There. We can finish this battle and retire for a night. The creatures offered a good distraction for the Lancians. By the way, where are Zephyr Tempest and Imban? I thought their conflict was pretty interesting.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #89
OOC: I see that Malakai has left. Zephyr seems to be alienated... (Look at his name.), and Imban seems to have disappeared somewhere. So here is the status right now of the inn!!

Lancian wall side: Destroyed.
Geraldian wall side: Intact.
Inn: Under siege of Geraldians.
Cellars: Taken over by Geraldians.
Inn defenders: Depressed and bloodied.
Lance's side: Screaming for victory.
Gerald's side: Smiling inwardly.

Heroes:
--------------
Rasil: Looking angry, supporting schostas.
Aarrow: Pissed. Leaning on staff, beat up bad.
Schostas: Unconsious drool. Being dragged by Rasil.
Innkeeper (He deserves a spot): Rage. Pure rage.
Neris: Crying out. Captured by Kris.
Kris: Beaming. Has Neris.
Lance: Cursing under his breath.
Gerald: Very pleased.
Imban: MIA. (Missing in Action)
Malakai: Now a regular defender.
Shadow: MIA.

Conditions:
---------------
Victory
- One kingdom takes over the other.
- The inn is successfully defended.
- The inn takes a side.
- One of the two leaders (Gerald or Lance) is KIA. (New.)

Losing
- All characters die.
- The inn is completly demolished.
- Both kingdoms fall (It could happen.)
- The bartender dies.
- Neris dies.

There. That should provide a good place where everyone is. I still can't go IC just yet... gotta wait for MSW and Promention to post first... one or the other, I don't care.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #90
Schostas's magical powers and energy will return in the morning. But until then, he will be unconscious. Such is the curse of the medallion, despite how much it helps with the fight. Remember, dryads are very powerful.

Point in case. In the Exile 3 game where the dryad is being held captive in the giant's pit. When you let her loose, she runs to the door and kills the giant in her way. If you observe how much damage the giant receives, it is a lot. If I remember correctly, it was 1,000 HP. We need to define all of the 1 dozen separate creatures that were summoned. I have observed dryads, drakes, skeletons, centaurs, and dragonflies. There are two or three of each creature and 7 more creatures need to be defined.

By the way, the creatures summoned by the medallion will not disappear until killed. They are permanent summoned beasts. I would like to see some of them fight in the next day's battle. They might even help expel the enemy from the inn. It is up to the people of the RP. I can't make the decision. My character is unconscious. But if you want me to, I will define the unknowns.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #91
OOC: Er, I don't really want to go IC yet because I would have two consecutive IC's. Tommy, It seems your character and mine are the only ones engaged in the battle right now, and premonition's is clear off with Gerald, so I'll just wait and post after your next one. Just do me a favor and <if> you decide to finish the battle, don't have everyone retire for the night. I have one more thing to add...

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #92
The Geraldian's were pushed back by the renewed efforts of the defenders. The Lancian's were busy enough as it is against the summoned creatures (Including one Haakai!(sp?)), and more summoned creatures went to help fend off the Geraldains. Soon enough, the squad commander called for a retreat. The people in the inn cheered joyously as the remaining forces of Geraldians fled down the cellars. Still with anger in his head, Rasil gave chase to the now cowering Geraldians. Stars were starting to pop out. It was night, and the Lancians had quit fighting the summoned creatures to heal their wounds as well. Both sides were despising each other, but Gerald still had the upper hand.

That night, everyone was seated inside the inn. There were no real sounds. Everyone was quiet... thinking about the now captured bar girl that always served the drinks and food. Aarrow couldn't handle the silence. He got out of his chair, and left the inn for the outside air. Rasil fingered his ring quietly. Schostas laid, resting in a bed upstairs. The sound of a summoned creature cried outside.

OOC: Sorry for the quick turn of events. I needed night bad, so why not? Alright, do your thing, Aarrow.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #93
OOC: Thanks, Tommy.

IC: Aarrow paced restlessly outside the inn. Inside with the others he had felt... suffocated. Outside, he could think clearly. He replayed the events from the days before over and over in his head.

Could I have done something different? There had to have been an opportunity. If only I hadn't acted so hastily with the Demon Bow. If only I hadn't given into the pain so easily. If only..

Neris was in the hands of Gerald, and he couldn't forgive himself. He pulled a flask out from his pack and took a long swig. Then, he coughed and gasped for air as the wicked brew burned his innards.

Why should I care about some innkeeper's daughter? I only met her two days ago. What do I owe her? Or anyone in this miserable inn for that matter?

But Aarrow knew the truth. In his life, he had seen a thousand lifetimes worth of destruction and pain. If ever an opportunity to help the helpless presented itself, he couldn't walk away. And the girl...

She reminds me so much of Nadia. So innocent...

Finishing the flask he carried, Aarrow threw it to the ground and spit. The monsters summoned in the battle earlier had largely been destroyed by Lance's army, but several of the stronger creatures had survived, and napped peacefully around the inn. Looking back into the inn through a window, Aarrow saw that many of the defenders had retired for the night. Still thinking of younger days with Nadia and Eto-Ka, Aarrow too returned to his room and joined the others in the land of Nod.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #94
OOC: I want to make it appear that the surviving summoned creatures show an abnormal amount of intelligence. And with Schostas still out cold and it being only halfway through the night, there isn't much for me to post.

IC: Schostas still remained in a magical coma and gave no signs of being anywhere near coming out of it anytime soon. A soldier was stationed to look after him throughout the night and let the others know if he showed any signs of improvement.

The summoned creatures that were outside wandering around suddenly started entering the inn, that is, the ones that were small enough to fit through the doorway were. It was apparent to everyone that these summoned creatures were more intelligent than any other they had ever seen before. How intelligent though, would soon be obvious. All three dryads had survived and were now sitting down at the same table in the middle of the inn. Their pale green skin and the white aurora about them put even the strongest of the soldiers on edge. But their beauty was awe-inspiring and everyone noticed it.

The soldiers almost started running away when the dryads began talking to them. Never had they ever expected that any summoned creature was intelligent enough to converse with them. However, the dryads assured the soldiers that they were perfectly harmless. They even sang for the people of the inn when someone that knew that dryads possess beautiful voices requested it. As they were singing to the soldiers, the only surviving spectre of three came in the door and sat at a table in the corner. Being dead, the bartender realized it wouldn't need any food. And even if it did, it probably helped itself to the dead soldiers outside.

The two drakes were too big to come inside, so they remained outside with the centaurs. Knowing this, the bartender had some food bought out to them. The drakes turned it down though saying they had already filled themselves on the flesh and bones from the bodies of the dead enemy soldiers. All three of the skeletons had been killed, as were all three of the giant lizards. They were scattered all over the field and had been torn apart by the advancing Lancians.

One of the dragonflies was apparently alive, but injured, and rested on the roof of the inn eating a piece of flesh from a dead soldier. The other was missing and could not be found. They had been busy biting and stinging various enemy soldiers on the field before it had become dark. Two of the three ice lizards were still alive and they too had eaten their fill of flesh from the bodies of the dead enemies. They had been able to chase off and destroy several soldiers with their icy breath during the fight before dusk. The ice lizards sat near the fire despite the fact that the heat tended to bother them somewhat. They sat with the others and chatted about their conquests.

Only two centaurs were summoned, and both were still alive. They accepted some food from the bartender when the drakes turned it down and gave verbal thanks back. The centaurs could fit inside of the inn, but they decided to stay outdoors. They had made themselves a cozy little fire to keep themselves, the drakes, the ice lizards, and the basilisks warm. Out of three hordlings, one was uninjured, one was dead, and the other mildly damaged. They were both sitting at tables in the inn talking to various people. Both were also chewing on some flesh-covered bones left by the drakes and one was having his wounds treated.

Two basilisks had been summoned and had turned at least ten enemy soldiers to stone before night came. They were completely undamaged because the enemy soldiers were too afraid to get anywhere near them for fear of being turned to stone. They had eaten their share of flesh from the dead as well. They were resting by the fire with the centaurs, the drakes, and the ice lizards and they were talking to them.

There were two ogre mages summoned, both were alive, and neither showed any sign of damage. They were also in the inn and were sitting close to the stairs that led to the sleeping quarters. Having been acclimated to a life in caves and barely having any luxuries, they were not used to the splendor that surrounded them in the inn. They were given wine and fried mushrooms with steak, which they found to be absolutely delicious. Never before had they tasted such wondrous things, and they expressed their delight to the bartender most heartily, who eventually struck up a conversation with them.

Then there were the three aranea that were summoned. They had somehow all managed to survive, though not without some injuries. They had made their way into the inn and had built themselves a series of webs in a corner of the room away from everyone else so they wouldn't bother anyone.

Even so, they would speak with surprisingly average voices, which were vastly different from that of their GIFTS cousins, to someone every now and then and that person would get into a conversation with them. When the bartender asked them if they needed anything, the aranea replied that they already fed on the bodies of some unfortunate soldiers that they had encased in webs and injected with poison to dissolve their insides. Then they told him that they sucked out the remaining fluid and that that was their meal. The bartender began to feel sick after hearing this and regretted asking.

Arrow was in a bed upstairs having his wounds treated, as was Vincent. The bartender made sure they got whatever they needed along the lines of food, medical help, drink, clothes, and supplies. The bartender was very distraught over the capture of Neris, but Schostas had told him to not to worry. He continued to wonder what he had meant by that. It looked to him like Schostas hadn't done a thing, but a gut feeling told him that Schostas did in fact do something. Though the bartender hadn't perceived it, maybe it was done while he was running towards the inn for dear life.

OOC: Sorry if that was incredibly long, but since no one posted anything for a while or described all of the creatures that were summoned, I had to take the time to do it and bring everyone up to speed as to what has happened, and which creatures were still alive. Not to mention, I do not intend to let this awesome RP die. :P :D :cool: :rolleyes:

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #95
OOC: Thanks, MSW. Gives a more visual approach, and now I know what creatures we have with us.

IC:
A new day was rising, but completely different from the rest. The wall was still crumbled, and a magic wall was never replaced. However, it did not make too much of a difference. The sun rose over misty skys, and an overcast clung to the skies. Everything was gray and dim, especially for the innfolk.

Gerald and Lance made no attempt to attack this day for a strange reason. Probably to recooperate from their losses or to plot out new schemes. Once again, it made no real difference.

Rasil stood on the paraphet, on top of the wall, looking out toward Gerald's camp. His heart was unusually forboding this day, as his mind kept straying off onto Neris or the days he fought for a town against a horde of undead. Aarrow was also awake, pacing about stubbornly, waiting for anything to come. A shout came from the inn in the second floor. "He's waking up! Schostas is waking up!"

OOC: Thank you for keeping the RP alive, MSW. This would have gone under if it wasn't for your help. You too, Promenition. And of course, you, Aarrow. However, we still have a long way to go... gear up and get ready.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #96
[ooc] And the RP would not exist at all were it not for its creator, of course. I for one like the pace of this RP. I can keep up with it without having to read a dozen posts every time I stop by. Btw Tommy, call me prem. It's shorter to type :)
[/ooc]

The innkeeper nearly flies up the stairs in his haste to reach Schostas' room. He opens the door to find Schostas looking weary but alert. "I'm glad ye decided t' join us," he says gruffly, pouring out a mug of warm spiced mead for Schostas.

Schostas manages a nod and half-smile as he takes the proffered mug. Holding it in cupped hands, he lets it warm his chilled fingers.

With hard-kept patience the innkeeper waits for Schostas to recover. He looks sad, older and more tired than Schostas has ever seen him. Schostas realises suddenly that the fight has left the innkeeper, and that he is ready to surrender everything to Gerald in return for his daughter. The only thing holding him back is the faint trace of hope that Schostas had given him.

The tent is small, though larger than others; a privilege of rank. Neris huddles near one canvas wall on a makeshift mattress. She stares at Kris, biting her lip. Finally, she raises the courage to speak.

"P-please, sir. I'm hungry, sir."

The Captain looks up from his reports and frowns at the disruption. But, he considers, the girl had been no trouble and had made no complaint until now, and had not eaten since her capture. Standing up, he smiles at her, but she only bites her lip again and stares up at him with large frightened eyes. Kris sighs.

"Very well. You've been good; I'll get you some food."

He leaves the tent, speaks briefly with the guard outside, and Neris is alone. She does not move for a long moment, rooted to the spot by indecision. The promise of food holds her, for she is hungry, but greater than that is the desire to go home. Jumping up, she swipes the penknife off the low table and stabs it into the back canvas wall. With some difficulty she manages to make a slit large enough for her to slip through.

Neris crouches on the outside of the tent and looks around. The way is clear for the moment, though how long that will last she does not know. She starts moving as steathily as she can through the camp, heading in the direction she thinks is the inn.

I'm comin', Da.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #97
OOC: Now to bring my plan into action. The retrieval of Neris. The missing dragonfly holds the key.

IC: Schostas finishes drinking the mead and gives a slight smile of approval to the bartender. But the bartender can hold back his questions no longer and sits down on a chair close to Schostas so he can question him. "Ye said ye ha' taken care of m' precious Neris. How'd ye do this in yer coma? I saw not'ing. Can ye ples explain?"

Schostas sets the mug down on a stand next to the bed and sits up. "Well, I did tell you not to worry about Neris. Tell me, did you find any of my summoned creatures absent at the end of the day's fight?" The bartender thinks for a few minutes and then replies. "Well, com' t' think of it, der was one dragonfly missin'. But w' figured it was kilt." Schostas gives a mischievous smile.

"Uh-uh. While you were running back to the inn in a frenzy to obey my orders, I summoned the creatures. Just before you reached the inn and turned around to see the creatures, I gave a mental command to one of the dragonflies to follow Neris and her kidnappers. I can assure you that it will bring her back safely when it gets the chance."

The bartender smiles at him and while overcome will gratitude and emotion, hugs Schostas tightly. Schostas is too weak to hug him back and feels rather awkward about doing so as well. But the bartender leaves him to his recovery and goes back to his counter. Schostas gets up and walks to his window. It faces the Geraldian side and he can see their camp far off in the distance. He knows soon the dragonfly will carry out his orders as the twilight begins turning to day. It had better act soon, or it will be a clear target in the daylight.

OOC: Premonition, it is up to you to use the dragonfly to help you escape. It can pick you up and carry you back to the inn. Make it fast, as it won't be easy to do it during the daylight hours. The dragonfly possesses the ability to talk to people, as all the summoned creatures are unusually intelligent.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #98
Kris knew his life ended this time, for certain. He returned to the tent with two bowls of soup, the usual staple for any warrior in Gerald's camp. Kris could only stare blankly at the rip in the tent. He heaved a sigh of remorse. When I get out of this war, I'll be nice to every girl I see for the rest of my life... Dejected, Kris set out to reluctantly call a search party for the girl, knowing how furious Gerald would be.

OOC: On a rather unimportant note, Kris doesn't want to harm children or people that are absolutely harmless. So mainly, if you got a weapon, then your in trouble. But if your like Neris, no weapon, then your safe from his hands.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #99
The curious grey light that is not yet dawn turns objects into shapeless monsters that change every time she looks at them. Neris starts running through the camp, a hollow feeling building in her stomach. She is hopelessly lost; the camp is larger than she had imagined and she cannot find the end.

Large shapes loom in front of her; Neris skids to a stop and starts to back away, but the figures grow arms that grasp at her. She stifles a scream and tries to pull free.

"What's this, then?" a rough male voice asks, and Neris is pulled into the light of a fire. "You're a pretty one. Come to have some fun with us?"

The three somewhat drunk soldiers laugh. Neris shakes her head frantically. "Please, sir, lemme go! I didn't mean no harm, sir."

"Aw, don't be that way." The one holding her arm with bruising force says something to his companions that makes them laugh again.

He curses as Neris kicks his shin as hard as she can. Neris yanks her arm out of his suddenly-loosened grip, but before she can take more than two steps, the others grab her. A stinging blow sends her sprawling to the ground.

"WHAT'S THIS?"

The soldiers go quiet, straightening as well as they can and offering sloppy salutes. Neris lies forgotten at their feet.

"What are you doing?" Kris, his voice gone deadly soft, strides into the firelight. He looks at the object of his not-yet begun search, quite relieved that she has not gone far. "Girl, come here."

Neris makes her choice without hesitation. Scrambling to her feet, she runs to stand behind Kris, as close as she dares to his back.

"We were- she-"

"You're drunk." The Captain looks at them with disgust. "On duty, no less. You should be glad you're not mine. As it is-" He details their punishment with stern authority and watches as they move resignedly away. Then he turns to look at Neris. She refuses to look at him, staring nervously at the ground, and Kris sighs. "Are you still hungry?" he asks, forcing gentleness into his tone. "I have food."

Neris perks up a little at the mention and, too scared to do otherwise, follows him back to his tent. Before they make it halfway Gerald intercepts them and begins discussing Kris' part in the day's plans, ignoring Neris. She begins edging away.

An abrupt rush of air is all the warning they have. Gerald and Kris both whirl around at Neris' scream, only to see her lifted into the sky by something that looks like nothing so much as a giant insect in the halflight. Gerald reacts quickly, putting arrow to bow and firing. The dragonfly drops a few metres accompanied by a higher pitch in the screams from Neris, but it recovers and is out of range before another shot can be fired.

Gerald stares after it. "Where is Asarton?" he asks.

"He hasn't been seen since yesterday and the fight with the Shadow creature."

"Find him. Or bring me back that girl."

Kris salutes and hurries away.

"Be calm, little one. I will not let you fall."

Halfway into drawing breath for another scream, Neris' mouth snaps shut in surprise. She opens her eyes cautiously for the first time since she had been unceremoniously picked up, and stares with wide-eyed wonder as the ground flashes by below. Then she looks up at the creature holding her. "Who are you?" She gasps, seeing the arrow embedded deep beneath one gossamer wing. "You're hurt!"

"I am your friend, young one. I will take you back to safety." The dragonfly pauses. "My wound is no more than a scratch," it adds. The lie achieves its purpose; Neris is comforted, though the dragonfly knows it no longer has the strength to make it back to the Middle Passing.

[ooc] Apologies for the length. I got carried away. This gets Kris out of trouble for the moment; yes, I felt sorry for him. :P

--------------------

Pages