Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #0
OOC: Hey all! Tommy once again and this time, I'm gonna try to start up an RP! The "Around the Universe for However Long it Takes" RP just wasn't appealing to me due to the zanyness and utterly crazy things that would happen, so I just sorta dropped it. I was never very good at starting RP's in the first place, so if anyone can, please, please analyze my start and tell me what I'm missing/doing wrong.

Story:
A sprawling, magnificent kingdom rules upon a small continent of Serenity. There lived a prosperous king, his wife, and two sons. Exiles were even accepted within. Everything felt perfect upon this place, and it seemed as though nothing would break the people in two. Until the king died.

The king, Lord Granst, took ill at a time of need when a quarrel between the two sons broke out. Lord Granst never decided on who would take the throne of the kingdom, and died before he could make the decision. The oldest son, Lance, thought that he should rule the continent. Gerald, the younger son, though otherwise. Thus, the continent of Serenity was seperated into two by the declaration of the queen, and each son was given a kingdom to rule to their own. But greed still settled over the two sons.

After the queens passing, both sons declared war upon each other, and began tearing the people into two, something no one would have expected. Thus started the Destruction of Serenity between the Kingdom of Light (Lance) and the Kingdom of Truth (Gerald).

It has been long since the Destruction of Serenity started, and both kingdoms were equally matched. In the middle of the continent lay a mountain range that literally seperated both kingdoms. There was only one pass, the only roadway between the two sides. There is a tavern there, named The Middle Passing. The tavern was Large, with a bar that could fit over 50 at once. The rooms were upstairs, which counted to a total of 30 seperate rooms. The cellars were stocked with more wine and drink than both Kingdoms could drink in a year. The place became popular since so many people traverse through this pass. So this tavern also became a strategical point for both kingdoms. Whoever owned the pub would gain a large advantage due to how it could double as a fort all on it's own.

The owner of the inn decided to stay neutral, and did not want to go to either side. And with that, help became a need if the tavern was going to stay neutral.

IC:
Rasil walked along the major pass of the mountains. He had taken a ship to this continent for luxury... well, really to just wander and steal stuff. He humed a slight tune of joy and happiness. He had come up from Exile, and had lived through a horrifying adventure which could only be called crazy. He wore a gold ring on one of his fingers, a gift that he recieved from a... friend. I'm starting to scare myself! Rasil thought. Come on! A thief doesn't need friends! I just need gold and such... However, it would be nice to see the group again. Oh now look at me! I'm just reminicising! Just focus and look toward the future! He continued down the peaceful pass, as some caravans passed by and maybe a mercenary here and there. Soon, he came upon a large building that jutted out to the pass. He looked at a sign that read "The Middle Passing". Finally! A place where I can wet my lips... Oh, ale and wine, here I come! He marched into the tavern.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #1
IC: Schostas sat in the corner, alone. He preferred it that way. Too many people in the area thought that he was a maniac, always jumping to the dumbest of conclusions and trying to fight anything that disagreed with him.

He wasn't a magic user, though his parents were. He lived in the original kingdom, but when the queen declared two separate kingdoms, then he quickly left for what was at the time, this struggling inn. Soon the inn became a deciding factor in the kingdoms, and Schostas felt he would soon have to move again. He was normal in all but one aspect, if he lost his temper, then all hell would break loose.

He would attack anything that raised a hand against him and for that, everyone thought him a maniac. He had already earned himself a reputation for killing various creatures single-handed in his rage. Including undead and demons of all kinds.

Even though he had no magic power of his own, magical items seemed to adhere to him when he wore them. It was almost a curse. Once he put on a magical item, he had a lot of difficulty removing it. For some unknown reason, cursings and cursed items had no effect on him. He could be slowed, but it didn't have much of an effect.

OOC: Unless someone else joins, I won't develop the character anymore.

[ Sunday, September 14, 2003 18:25: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #2
OOC: Well, I guess I'll give this RP a shot. I ve been too wary to join any others, but this one shows promise.

IC: A grisly man, powerfully built and heavily scarred, sat at the bar and ordered a pitcher of ale. He appeared to be in his thirties or fourties, and he was armed to the teeth. Broadswords, daggars, scimitars, and a variety of other weapons covered his body, but what caught the eye of Schostas was the beautiful carved bow and quiver that he carried on his back. It made Schostas uneasy to even look at it. Clearly, the bow was powerfully charmed. When asked his name, he grumbled only one word: Aarrow. Noone had ever heard of or seen the man, and all left him to his solitude. Though he had arrived from the direction of Lance's kingdom, whether or not he was aligned with Lance was a mystery. What role this strange man would play in events to come would soon be revealed...

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #3
OOC: I'll continue with my character now that at least one person has joined.

Schostas wears ruby-red clothing and steel-toed boots. He has rings on both hands, set with large sapphires. There is a silver necklace around his neck and a medallion attached to it with strange words on it. His hair is Jet black and tied in a ponytail. He is rather handsome, but tries to hide it with the large red hood on his head. It hides all of his features, and it gives him a mysterious appearance.

He doesn't like talking to people much and likes to be left alone. He carries a black great sword that has a blue glow to it. It is enchanted with different spells and lies propped up against the wall next to him. He received it as a gift from his parents before they died and he protects it with his life. He uses throwing stars and a rapier as well.

He carries a pot of poison along with him to add to the throwing stars. Oddly enough, he doesn't look at all menacing and, as a strange note, he gives of the scent of evergreen trees. Women sometimes ask him for a date, but he always waves them away. He likes to be alone, and that's all that's to it.

He also wears drakeskin gloves and has a strange glow around him in when he walks in the dark, and even he doesn't know why.

IC: He notices the stranger's name, but doesn't recognize it all. Or at least he doesn't think he does. It almost sounds familiar, but he can't place it. He waves his hand at the bartender and asks for some Mogen David wine. He drinks it and smiles to himself. He loves this drink and gets it at every opportunity. He thinks of buying the stranger one, but decided that his solitude is better than trying to make friends right now.

OOC: I am dead tired right now and have been sick for a few days. I'll join in again maybe tomorrow.

[ Sunday, September 21, 2003 08:32: Message edited by: Murder, She Wrote ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #4
OOC: I guess I'll join. Mind you, this is my first time doing one of these things. Before I start, what does "OOC", "IC", and "RP" mean?

IC: Malakai sat in the corner alone, as usual. Originally sent into Exile, when he was 12, for murdering both of his parents and sister, he escaped Exile at the age of 27.

Unfortunately, years of the harsh streets of Exile was no place for a child at the crossroads of his life. When he escaped Exile, he was completely void of all natural human emotion. He found this to his advantage, having no need to live and no feelings, he found it quite easy to murder nearly anyone. Soon he found himself selling his skill to assassinate, to average folk. As one of the best hitmen around his prices don't come cheap.

He uses a knife or gurrote wire to silently kill his victims. In Exile, he picked up the only spells that would help him with his job, Haste, Slow, and Stealth spells.

He wears a black, hoodless executioner style robe, with a large white crosshair on the front. He's strong, but not as strong as some of the other's at the bar. Malakai is naturally quick and nimble. He has skills in disarming traps, lockpicking, and working with poison. Malakai always carries around an array of wands, which he only uses when he as to.

When he heard of the two nations at war, he quickly took a ship to the continent. After, getting the word out of his skills, he had established numerous friends in each of the kingdoms. Now looking for work, he is traveling to the other nation, when he comes across the The Middle Passing. He walks in, the entire place goes quiet, after a minute or so of silence, the talking continues. He orders a pitcher of ale, and sits down in the corner. He hopes that someone will offer him a job, or just comes over to talk.

[ Tuesday, September 16, 2003 04:43: Message edited by: Xan Kreigor ]

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #5
[ooc]
Tommy: that's a good start for an rp.
Xan Kreigor: "ooc" means "out of context" or "out of character", "ic" means "in context" or "in character", and "rp" means "role-play".
[/ooc]

"Neris, where are ye, girl?" the bartender roars, setting down an empty tankard with a thump. "We got customers goin' thirsty 'ere!"

"Coming, Da!" A face quickly follows the voice out of the kitchen, reddened from the heat of the ovens. Neris steps behind the bar. She is a small thin girl who can be no more than twelve years of age, her hair pulled back in a messy tangle. "What is it?"

The bartender spares her a quick affectionate smile. It is clear to see that they are as related as willow to beech, yet she is known to all the locals as his daughter. "Go'n now, give 'em their drinks."

Neris takes the large tray with an ease that speaks of long experience, slipping through the maze of customers and tables. Truly, there are odd characters in the room this day, strangers and dangerous ones at that, and Neris studies each one with unabashed curiosity.

[ Sunday, September 14, 2003 22:13: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #6
OOC: Yeah, forgot to post the victory conditions and losing conditions.

Victory
- One kingdom takes over the other.
- The inn is successfully defended.
- The inn takes a side.

Losing
- All characters die.
- The inn is completly demolished.
- Both kingdoms fall (It could happen.)

More conditions will emerge later in the roleplay. Oh, and one thing is that only one condition has to be fulfilled for victory, loss.

IC:
Rasil made a quick step over to the bartender and rapped his finger on the desk to get his attention. "What d'ye want?" The bartender asked.

"Give me a mug of your best drink!" Rasil exlaimed. The bartender told him to wait and called for Neris to fetch the good stuff. With amazing professional skill, Rasil watched as Neris moved from each table, dropping and picking up mugs, bottles and anything on the table. Neris raced into the kitchen, full of every empty thing imaginable.

"She's really good," Rasil said to make small talk. "Aye, she'n be loik a sister t'me." The bartender replied.
"So, since this is a bar and all, you must know stuff. Is there any rumors flying about at the moment?"
"Not rielly, but I be needin' some 'elpers lately. These bastard kingdoms think they could go 'round and take what they loik! My inn's in peril. I be needin' help from every last one o' ye people that be wantin' money."
By then, Naris came out with the "good stuff". Rasil took a sip from the mug. The so called "good stuff" burned his throat and he practically coughed upon the drink. Rasil didn't noticed he was sitting next to Aarrow.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #7
OOC: How long should we wait for more people to join before we start the story? I think four or five more people would be about perfect. Too many makes it confusing, and increases conflicting stories.

IC: After his fourth pitcher of ale, Aarrow was feeling unusually friendly. He raised his head and scanned the bar, mentally noting how each patron held themself. The assassin in the corner, I think I've heard of him, Aarrow thought to himself. His name is... Malakai? Quite a reputation. He could be dangerous, but only if I let him get the slip on me. I'll keep my eye on that one. His eyes continued to drift across the bar in such a way that it appeared completely natural. Hmm... the hooded one looks like trouble, but I don't think I'll need to worry. Doesn't look like the type to stab you in the back. Finally, he rested his gaze on the young man next to him. Aarrow barely stifled a laugh as a tear dripped from the young man's cheek. Gulp after gulp, he continued to choke down the liquid fire he had been served, and his virginity to such things was apparent.
"Lemme show you how a real man holds his drink. Barkeep? Gimme double what he's havin'."

[ Monday, September 15, 2003 17:29: Message edited by: Aarrow Swift ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #8
IC: Looking around, Schostas sees the two at the bar drinking heavily and begins to get bored. "Oh, Barkeep." The barkeep answers. "Yes?" "Bring me some fried mushrooms and some Mogen David wine." "Yes sir. Neris!!!" Neris runs into the room. "Yes?" The barkeep gives an order. "Get the stranger some fried mushrooms and some Mogen David wine." Neris replies, "Yes sir. Coming right up"

She exits the room and Schostas pulls out a book and starts reading it. The title of it is, "The Hound of the Baskervilles." He sits and reads the book while he waits for his order. He stops reading temporarily and thinks to himself. "Dang!!! It's dull in here. I think I will eat and go to bed. Something is bound to happen in the morning."

He continues reading as Neris comes out with his food. "Here you go mister. That'll be 45 gold." Schostas reaches down, pulls a sack out from under his cloak, and pays her the money. Then he puts it back and starts eating.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #9
IC:
Sodium Cyanide loads his shotgun.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #10
Night settled in the tavern and even then, it was very packed. Still many rowdy people were enjoying themselves to the fullest.

Rasil looked in awe as he watched Aarrow down a double of what he was drinking in seconds and not even flinch! He just sat there after Aarrow was done for a few minutes, still rather awe stuck at how easily he drank such firy liquid. He came of his stupor soon after and asked for a room. "Oi, I culd give ye a room... 30 gold."

"Deal."
"Neris! Get over 'ere 'dis instant! Show this man to 'is room."
Neris popped out of nowhere behind Rasil and startled him. "Follow me, sir."
Rasil fell out of his seat and bumped his head on the floor. Slowly getting up, he started to follow her.

OOC: Interaction. Booyah. :P Oh, and the bartender has an Irish accent to me. Sorta got it from preminition's first post.

BTW, Tonight will be the deadline. Trying to join afterwards would be rather... strange and/or idiotic. Especially about what I'm going to do.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #11
With an unsteady Rasil following her, Neris heads to the back stairs, seemingly unperturbed by the constant calls for service. She makes a quick detour to Sodium Cyanide's table.

"Please, sir," the young girl says, "no handlin' weapons in t' common room. We're peaceful folk, sir."

Neris leads Rasil up the stairs, into a small but comfortable room. She giggles as he bumps into the doorframe.

" 'ere, sir, I'll take that." She deftly rescues his pack from an ignominous end in the water basin, and places it carefully in the corner beside the bed. Her hand on the doorknob, she hesitates before leaving. "I saw me Da talkin' to ye downstairs. If ye need anythin', I'll be in the kitchen."

Neris giggles again.

"But it looks t' me like ye won't be needin' anything t'night but sleep."

[ooc] I don't know Irish from Russian, so you'll have to put up with Neris' mangled accent. :P

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #12
IC: Malakai grew weary of the usual barflies. He wondered if he should make converstion with some of the, modest but secluded people at the bar. But, he knew that many of the people that he would want to talk to, wanted to be left alone, just like he did. So he instead decided to buy a room for the night.

Malakai requested a room, Neris took him upstairs and showed him his room, he thanked the girl and asked her if he could have some fried mushrooms delivered to his room. She happily agreed and showed up a few moments later with the requested food. He gave her a quite, generous tip. She in turn, profusely thanked him and left.

After finishing his meal, he went to sleep hoping that something would happen during the night.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #13
OOC: Sodium Cyanide, please take this seriously or leave.

IC: Aarrow Swift drank in silence while he watched people slowly filter out of the bar and to their rooms. Soon, only he, Schostas, and a few roudy men remained. In fact, the men were being a little too roudy. They were beginning to get on Aarrow's nerves. As Neris served them yet another round of ale, one of the men grabbed her quite inappropriately and whispered something in her ear. She struggled to get away, but the man refused to loosen his grip. Faster than untrained eyes could track, Aarrow leapt from his seat at the bar, drew his bow, and leveled an arrow directly at the man's heart.
"Release the girl. Now."
A standoff ensued, and for several seconds the two men stared each other down. Luckily, a conflict was avoided when the bartender stepped between them.
"Naw I don want nobody gettin skewered in my bar, and I don wan nobody touchin my girl loik that again. Unnerstand?"
The two men merely glared at each other, but the man released Neris, and Aarrow replaced his bow. Out of the corner of his eye, he noted that Schostas, face still buried in a book, was replacing a throwing star as well. Despite himself, he laughed. What a night this turned out to be. Leaving the bartender to comfor Neris, and a handsome tip lying on the bar, Aarrow showed himself to his room.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #14
In the middle of the night, a dark shape in a cloak entered the tavern without a sound. Several of the non-sleepers in the tavern saw him creep past, and watched him as he stealthily woke the barkeep, had a quite discussion, leave the barkeep and finally leave the tavern after picking up a few boxes from the back of the tavern.
The non-sleepers decided that the inkeeper has friends hiding in the mountains who are good at sneaking around and perhaps it would be a good thing to have one of them at least help defend the tavern.
At which point the shape returned, and left a note on which was written: "Goodbye, and thanks for all the fish."
All of the travellers in the common room that night felt easier, and slept in the comfort that some people are stranger than them.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain, ohhh, I'm tired of the strain and the pain.

Lair of Blades
Wise Forums
Desperance
Polaris
Bash
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #15
Upon a new day...

Rasil woke up as the sun filtered through his face. He heard noises outside and couldn't tell the time. He stumbled out of bed to look out of the window. When he reached it, he looked out dreamily. His look was sharpened quickly from what he saw outside. A large army stood quiet, waiting for something, with the flags flowing about every odd end. It showed the picture of a castle and a bright light at the top of the middle tower. Rasil barged out of his room, slipped, and rolled down the stairs into the barroom, making a lot of noise out of accident. Schostas was still sitting in the same barstool, reading his book.

Outside, a tavern stood in between two large armies ready to charge with blood on thier mind.

OOC: Its the next day, and now I don't think too many people could join. Unless of course they want to try and filter through an army. And since MSW didn't reply soon enough, I'll just pretend he stood up all night reading the book. :D

--------------------
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #16
OOC: Sorry about that. I meant to post sooner. It does appear that he stayed up all night long, but I will arrange it another way that becomes a surprise. I would prefer you to say, that he doesn't like sleeping in his room. He prefers to sleep right out in the open and since he wears a large hood, you can't tell if he is asleep or not.

He does what I am sometimes able to do, fall asleep in a position that would normally suggest that he is wide-awake. In other words, he looks as if he is still awake reading, but in reality, he is fast asleep and he sleeps this way so that people won't try to sneak up on him. If they can't see that he is asleep, then everyone will assume that he is still awake. He never snores while asleep and this trick is one that he has mastered over time.

IC: Rasil falls down the stairs and makes a god-awful racket that will wake even the soundest of sleepers. Somehow, Schostas manages to stay asleep and appears to just continue reading his book. People come out of their rooms to see what the trouble is.

Rasil just stands there pointing out the windows and staring in shock. People begin walking towards windows and start doing the same things. They all come down the steps, meet in the middle of the room, and begin discussing what to do. Schostas, however, remains asleep, apparently reading his book.

OOC: My character will wake up when someone calls to him or something. I can't be responsible for the discussing of plans. Remember, if one of you calls to my character, don't use his name or insert speech for my character. I want to respond for him. I need him to react in a certain way and someone might ruin that for me. I will post my response as soon as possible. I monitor this site most of the day.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #17
IC: Malakai quickly wakes up knife in hand ready to kill whoever woke him up. But when his eyes focus he sees that nobody is entering his room. Dazed and confused, Malakai leaves his room to investigate what is going on. He bounds down the stairs only to find that everyone is looking out the windows. The only one not looking is Schostas. Malakai walk up to him and askes him if he knows what is going on. No response. Malakai joins the rest to see what is going on.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #18
[ooc] Isn't it about time the bartender got a name?[/ooc]

The kitchens contain their usual morning bustle of activity, but the common room is somewhat quieter than usual. A fair number of locals seem to have slipped away, and the rest of the customers are clustered around the windows. Looking out herself, Neris can't help but agree that it is a sight worth watching.

"Aye," the bartender says. "We're in for a bit o' trouble. If ye don't want t' be involved, now's loikly yer last chance t' leave."

It is not much of a chance, however, unless one knows the rough mountain slopes well, and what locals remain - personal friends and workers for the Middle Passing - have taken up crossbows and strategic positions along the fortress-like outer walls.

The two armies crowd the pass on either side of the Tavern. From the command posts beside each standard comes a small contingent, the commanders and two officers of both armies. The parties ride forward on great war stallions, to the Tavern's very gates.

Neris slips out of one gate, closing it behind her, and gazes at the commander impudently. "Beggin' yer pardon, sirs, but we got no room fer so many. Can I help ye with anythin'?"

"Little girl." The commander and his two aides look down upon her from the great heights of horseback, social standing, and authority. "Deliver this message to the owner of Middle Passing: the time for neutrality has passed. I, Commander Jocoth, declare Middle Passing subject to the laws and customs of the Kingdom of Light, in the name of his majesty King Lance. Any who rebel against the ruling of King Lance shall be considered traitors in the pay of Gerald of Truth. You have one hour to prepare a fitting welcome for the representatives of your sovereign lord."

The party spin their horses around and return to the head of their army. On the far side of the Tavern, the gatekeeper receives much the same message in the name of King Gerald and the Kingdom of Truth.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #19
OOC: Yeah, the bartender should have a name. However, I do think that its not my business to give him a name, but more of like your idea, prominition. You are, after all, the "daughter" of his. ;)

IC:
Rasil continued to look out when Neris and the gatekeeper came in. They both said the message at the same time:
"The tavern has to go to Gerald of Truth."
"The tavern has to go to Lance of Light."

Everyone looked at both of them, wishing that was just a joke. The two armies stood their, waiting for a response before the hour passed when they would invite themselves in.

"Oi don't like 'de look of this," The bartender remarked. Everyone had to agree. Rasil was rather in wonderment at the man reading his book. He didn't even budge at any of the news yet. "Hey, you over there!" Rasil shouted. The man didn't budge. Hey, you there with the book!" He shouted louder. The man began to stir...

--------------------
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #20
OOC: Very good. Just the way I wanted it.

IC: Schostas suddenly sensed someone was calling him and woke up. He made sure that he made no signs of someone just waking up. He looked over at the barkeep and answered. "Yes? What do you want?" The barkeep continued speaking, "Don't you realize that we have been surrounded by two armies on both sides? We'll be massacred! Are you going to help us with the problem or not?" Schostas now realized the gravity of the situation, but continued not to make any signs of his concern.

"Yes, I will help. What would you like me to do?"

OOC: Someone else’s turn now. Now you have my permission to talk for my character now that he is awake. If my character is sitting still, and is asleep unknowingly to all others, he has the ability to come out of his sleep at will. He can sense if someone is sneaking up on him while he is asleep or if someone is trying to get his attention.

He may not have become a mage like his parents, but he inherited a skill of theirs. He has an aurora or field of magic around him that acts like a proximity alarm. If someone shouts in his direction trying to get his attention or is trying to sneak up on him, the alarm will go off and he will wake up.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #21
Quite hung over, Aarrow stumbled out of bed and walked in on the bartender speaking with Schostas.

"Are you going to help us with the problem or what?"

"Yes, I will help. What would you like me to do?"

Confused, Aarrow asked a bystander what was going on. "Are you blind? The armies of Lance and Gerald have surrounded us. If we don't join one of them, we're all doomed!"

Aarrow processed this for a moment, then queried, "Why don't we just kill all of them?" Most of the people in the room burst out in laughter. Not much of a leader, Aarrow retreated to a corner to order a few drinks and let someone else sort things out.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #22
*Then, something everyone just thought was a shadow moved to the center of the room, then it started to rise, and it then took on a human form.
To everyone's suprise, it started to speak!*
Shadow: "Killing both armies would make both kingdoms send even larger armies to take down this inn...but it is our only choice. We would die anyway. Arm yourselves!" *He spoke with echoes. It was very strange. He didn't seem to have weapons, then, to everyones suprise again, he tapped the base of his neck, and then the blackness drained into a charm he was wearing around his neck! As the darkness drains, he takes on the form of a phalanx.* "You may call me Shadow(He no longer talked in echoes.)."

OOC: He has a charm that changes him into a shadow. He can only fight when the charm is not activated, though.

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #23
OOC: Shadow is also the name of one of my first RP characters. just to let you know. those who were in Join Us should remember. :D

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #24
OOC: For a bit of self amusement...
Can anyone spot the pun with my character?
If you can't, then you have problems. I'll check out the Join Us topic, to see how it went. Where is it? I'd like to read it.

[ Thursday, September 18, 2003 17:12: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest, the Wielder of Ice ]

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.

Pages