Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #25
An hour passed and the two armies grew restless. Everyone in the inn geared up and stocked up.

"So, we have healing potions stocked up?" Rasil asked the barkeep.
"Yes, we do. An oi also got'n some curing an' haste," the barkeep replied.
"Good. And what about energy for any mages?"
"We'n be gettin' those forever! oi'm overfilled with those."
"Great! The more the better!"

The two armies charged toward the inn. Seeing each other, they both attacked each other the same instant they hit the tavern. The battle had begun.

OOC: Might as well. I want some action already.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #26
Neris watches the battle with fascination, inbetween carting supplies to the archers along the outer wall and helping the occasional wounded back down. The mages especially catch her eye with their gathering and manipulation of raw energy into forms both beautiful and deadly.

An arrow ricochets off the wall next to her head. Despite herself, Neris shrieks and ducks. But before the Geraldian soldier can fire again, another arrow inbeds itself deeply into his throat. Neris turns and, recognising the man who had rescued her from the drunks the previous night, grins and waves. Aarow spares her a quick nod before returning to his own affairs.

"Neris!" The bartender grabs her arm as she enters the tavern again. "We'll need the spirits. Go'n now, they're in the cellar."

Hurrying down the steps carved straight into the mountain, Neris strains to see as she pulls the heavy cellar door open and steps inside. The cellar is cavernous, containing many twisting passages and hundreds upon hundreds of casks. The strongest spirits are in one of the smaller side-caves.

The door slams shut behind her. Neris jumps and spins around. "Da! Da, lemme out o' here!"

"Sorry, girl." The noise of the bars sliding home grates under the barkeep's regretful voice. "I'll be cursed afore I'd let ye get killed out here."

"Da!" No one answers her, and Neris stamps her foot in frustration. She surveys her temporary prison, a frown on her young face. Then she grins. She'd lived here all her life, and no one knew the cellars like her. Not even she'd explored the full extent of the cave system. Neris starts walking with a confident tread. There is a way she knows, tight and twisting, no more than a long-gone animal's tunnel, that will take her out onto the mountainside. She is almost certain no other knows of it, since only a child could fit through it.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #27
*She was just moving through, then suddenly, a shadow moves in front of here. A hand comes up out of it.*
Shadow: "It would be wise to arm yourself. Just because you think these tunnels are empty does not make it so. I will assist you if need be, if that is what you like."

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #28
OOC: Is this RP dead now? I want to keep it going. It was interesting.

IC: Schostas decided that he was getting tired of sitting and reading the book now. He gets up and walks to the door of the tavern. He looks out and sees the two armies and various adventurers from the inn now fighting each other. He wants to join in, but isn't in the mood just yet. He is like a berserker. He fights when he is mad, but if he isn't mad yet, he doesn't bother. He goes back in and goes up to his room to see the action from up there.

OOC: He is now on his way up to his room. There is no telling what might happen along the way.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #29
OOC: Sorry, everyone. I haven't been online since Wednesday. Pretty hectic week. I'll do better from now on.

IC: As Aarrow felled soldier after soldier with his well aimed shots, it became clear that the inn was going to fall soon. Some of the best warriors in the tavern were not even in the battle, and the ones fighting were merely holding the two armies at bay. If the two armies hadn't been expending so much of their efforts against each other, the inn would already have fallen. Seeing his quiver grow closer and closer to being empty, he knew it was time to reveal the true power of the Demon Bow.

In remembrance of you, Eto.

Focusing his spirit with all his might, Aarrow whispered in a unrecognizeable tongue. The runes on his bow began to glow, and the arrow he had nocked glowed fiery red. A strange aura began to surround him, from which intense heat did radiate. Several soldiers from each army noticed the spell he was preparing, and the archers focused their efforts on him. As their arrows whizzed by dangerously close, Aarrow remained motionless, repeating his unintelligible chant.

I need more time, Arrow thought. It's not ready yet.

OOC: I hope this RP doesn't die, I think it's great.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #30
Malakai ,who decides not to join in just yet, is watching the battle intently learning each type of soldiers' weaknesses. He knows he is not very good at hand-to-hand combat starts firing his wands out in different directions hoping to buy some time before he has to act.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #31
Rasil shot another arrow into one of the armies. He couldn't tell weather or not if the arrow hit a target, but no one could really tell in a tide of soldiers.

Lance was getting impatient. He strode near the front lines of the battle to give moral support to his soldiers that were battling two things at once. "This is getting me nowhere! Quickly, I want the walls of the inn down!" The army made way for 8 catapults that merged out of the crowd. The Middle Passing had a bigger problem than just soldiers now.

Gerald did not care that much about the inn. He called on ballistas to take out as many soldiers as possible.

In the midst of it all, Rasil noticed Aarrow chanting something with his arrow glowing bright red. Might as well help out and protect. Rasil shot into the crowd again, hoping that the barkeep was also stocked up on quivers of arrows.

OOC: Nah, this RP really isn't dead, just rather slow going. I have to wait for everyone else to respond before I can really go on.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #32
OOC: Ok. Ok. I'll bite. I have to do something with my character. Remember, my character is not a berserker, but he can do just about anything in a flying rage. Injuries hurt, but don't deter him much. Here we go into battle.

IC: Schostas was still on his way to his room when an arrow came through a window and hit him in the arm. Rage starting flowing in his veins and his anger started to flow like that of Michael Myers. He pulled the arrow out of his arm and quickly ran to his room. He reached into his sack of belongings, and pulled out a spell book. His parents willed it to him, and he decided that now was the time to start. He always told everyone that he wasn't a good magic user. But when you're parents are mages, magic runs through your veins whether you like it or not.

He knew that he had the ability to cast spells, he just didn't know many of them. He paged through the book until he found a healing spell. He took the time to chant the words and he placed a gray salve he had with him on the wound. It glowed a golden yellow and the wound healed itself. "I did it!!! I did it!!!! Wahooooooo!!!!" He danced around in triumph and set to work learning some of the other spells in the book. He had an almost photographic memory, but sometimes his short-term memory was lousy.

He stayed in his room for a while and studied each spell carefully. If he was going to help this inn, he needed to learn all that he could.

OOC: When he is done studying his spells, he will be out. It appears that we have no magic users in this RP, or not many anyway. Anyone who has mages for parents is bound to have hidden magical skills and magic in their veins. It just takes a decent amount of learning and one's will to bring it to the surface. My character is going to become a magical user here. However, since it is his first time doing it, he may botch up a lot. I'll be back soon.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #33
Neris yelps and jumps back a step. She stares at Shadow.

"I got a knife," she says. And indeed, there is a long kitchen knife in her hand, ample weapon against the large rats and spiders she sometimes comes across.

Her brow furrows. "I seen ye before, in t' common room. What're ye doin' 'ere? Ye ain't stealin' t' ale, are ye?"

Shadow does not answer, and repeats his offer of assistance. Biting her lip, Neris readily agrees. She will not admit it to anyone, but she is afraid of the dark, and is glad of company, however strange. All her previous forays into the caves had been with the local children.

"C'mon. I know a way out."

The only thing saving them is the hatred that Lance and Gerald held for each other. The bartender, blood running down his face from a long cut over his forehead, thanks the gods for that. Ah, Neris. 'least ye're out o'this.

A shout goes up, and the bartender is suddenly chilled.

"The walls! The walls are breached!"

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #34
From the rock face to the east of the yard of the inn climbs a curious spelunker: A man dressed in his own heraldric surcoat (dark red with black trim, the symbol a shining silver dragon on his back) extending to his ankles in a skirt-like piece with two v-shaped cuts at the bottom between his legs, a somewhat short teak staff, topped with a beautiful blue gemstone the size of a fist, and dimly glowing blue runes coating the sides. A leather sheath hangs on his back for switching to his sword from his staff. A sword dangles from his right side perpendicularly from his hip. His shield, still on his right arm, also bears a very worn rendition of the draconic figure on the same crimson background. His peculiar helm was of a dark bronze, barely shining in the harsh noon sun. The helm was somewhat of a conical shape, coming down his head just past the ears from a point possibly two inches above his skull. A large red plume extended straight up from the helm and tapered to a point behind the base of his skull. The shine of chainmail glints from below the base of his neck, behind his surcoat. A thin moustache laid on his upper lip, accompanying a scar running from below his eye to his chin. He immediately runs to the nearest defender of the war-torn tavern.
"Would you be in need of a provider of linament?"
"WHAT?"
"I heal people. I also have quite an extensive vocabulary of abjurations, and a respectable list of destructive powers."
"Uh... sure. There's the ladder to the hoardings."

OOC: I'm not going to be able to post a great deal, so feel free to use him some (although I'd like to come back to a still-breathing character NOT in the middle of something). I should be able to check up on the RP for about an hour a day, and when I can dodge the gremlin that works in the library of my school. She can appear in a cloud of brimstone stench anytime. Well, keep him out of trouble.

EDIT:Helps if I give his name. His name is Vincent, and he's loud, arrogant, slightly cowardly, but a good leader of soldiers on the field.

[ Tuesday, September 23, 2003 17:23: Message edited by: Kogar ]

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #35
*Shadow moves along the ground, just a little bit ahead of Neris.*
Shadow: "There are hostile animals up ahead. Be7r eady to fight. I'd become a Phalanx, but there is not enough room. I know this because I have explored these caverns many times!"

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
-Starcraft Observers
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #36
"The walls! The walls are breached!"

The sound of one sentence immediatly caught everyone's attention as the catapults hurled their load toward their target and hit with dead accuracy. Aarrow had finished powering up. He released his arrow and it flew strait into someone... and out his back. The arrow kept going and seeked out enemies as though it had a life of its own. It narrowly missed Lance, who had to actually jump off his horse to keep from being hit. Rasil was done; He sheathed his bow, tired of firing and raced to the breached wall, where there would be soldiers pouring out by now if there wasn't anyone holding the line back. Rasil noticed a gothic looking man with strange heraldic symbol of a dragon passing by. "Hey, get over here!" Rasil screamed. The man walked very slowly as though the world would turn twice. "Do you need my assistance?" The man queried.
"Yeah, get over there and help the line out! The walls have been breached and we still have all day before night time!!" Rasil shouted.
"Okay, just don't blow a nerve..." The man began to walk in his usual slow stride. He disappeared behind the dust Rasil was leaving behind as he raced toward the breached wall.

Gerald was tired of it all. He called an officer over to him. "I need you to get a large platoon and find a pass somewhere between these mountians. Take that inn and kill anyone you see that isn't part of the Kingdom of Truth. Now go!" The officer saluted smartly and ran off to gather men.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #37
OOC: Ok. I'll give this my character a try here again. I don't get yelled at here.

IC: Even from his room, Schostas could here that horrible statement. "The Walls! The walls are breached!!!" He knew he would need to help out this situation somehow. He paged through the book and found the spell he was looking for. He studied it carefully and then took off for the hole in the wall. Just in case, he decided to bring his spell book with him. He ran down the stairs and met the bartender in the bar room. "Where is the breached wall?!" The bartender pointed to it and said, "Over there. Hurry up if you are going to defend it!" Schostas got a smirk on his face. "I plan to do better than that."

With that, he ran towards the wall. He left the bartender with a puzzled look on his face. He stopped short of the wall at a table and put the book on it. He looked at the spell again and then moved towards the wall. "Everyone stand back!!!!" He ranted and raved and then pointed his hands at the wall. It almost startled him when a purple light shot forth and stopped at the hole in the wall. Everyone stood around and stared at him and what he was doing. Suddenly a magical barrier started to form in the hole in the wall and soon it plugged it up.

"Yes!!!! It worked!!!!!" Everyone around began letting out cheers and started to congratulate him. He went back to his book and sat down at the table with a smile on his face.

OOC: I hope I didn't ruin the plot at all. If I did, then I will remove the post.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #38
Vincent, seeing the gap filled, decided to finish off the soldiers still in the wall with one of the more powerful powers of his wand.
"Oh, this is gonna hurt."
His arm flinched as a quick flash flew up the length of the staff. The gem lit up, and a bright flash turned into several bolts of blue light that detonated several of the soldiers into nothing but charred armor chunks and small grass fires. However, Vincent's hand was smoking.
"YEEOW! That never gets any better."

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #39
OOC: Na. You don't do nothing wrong until:

1. You kill off someone's character,
2. You kill yourself off,
3. You destroy the inn out of spite of another character,
4. You kill the leaders *just for fun*,
5. You happen to have a third eye from out of nowhere,
6. You act very stupidly in a powergamy sort of way,
7. You make the inn *completely* indestructable,
8. You powergame,
9. You destroy the army with a flick of the wrist,
10. You make everything come out completely right in the end. (Well, not really a bad thing, but its better to have some sort of emotion.)
11. Making double negatives, like what I did at the top of this post. =P

Yeah, so you didn't do anything bad. Besided, this IS an RP. You can do what you want, provided you don't act the way no one wants. Good idea, by the way. I actually enjoyed how you clogged the hole with a magic wall. Just like exile mages. ;)

Another note: This is only an OOC post. Sorry, but gotta wait a little longer before my next post (and very bad problem).

--------------------
-Random Quote
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #40
OOC: C'mon people, POST!! Join the fun (or get things moving). I like this RP!
IC: Vincent decided that he didn't like the looks of this fight.
"Why do I always get involved in other people's business?"
He put his wand away in the sling on his back, unsheathed his sword, and started to lowly mumble something in a foreign tongue. Suddenly, a beam of ruby light came from the sky, hit the ground with a soundless impact, and three twisted forms of some demonic beasts flashed into existence.
"They aren't the smartest, but they'll do without a summoning circle."

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #41
OOC: Due to the lack of posts, I'll just let night come. Hopefully something else will happen.

IC:
The battle slacked by night time. There were still snipers stirring about, but overall both armies camped in contempt. Both sides were badly fatigued and the inn had withstood their first assult with ease. Light shimmered out of the tavern windows as people sat to drink and eat and await for tomorrows defense. Outside, a rather hastily cover was put up as a temporary medical station, where Schostas was studying and healing. Aarrow was inside the tavern having more of the hard stuff, and Vincent sat at the top of the battlements, watching his demonic beings wreak some more havoc before they were taken down. Rasil also sat on the battlements, in deep thought and looking out onto the moon. Only one day and I miss the time I fought the zombies... this new adventure seems worthless now that I know I have some people out there that care... For once, Rasil felt grief as he continued in deep thought about the ring he was given, and the heroes that fought back then...

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #42
Neris turns her head and stares at Shadow. "Ye been 'ere before?" she demands suspiciously. "What're ye doin' skulkin' in our cellars, eh?"

Then the full impact of his words hit her, and she grips her knife harder. Her steps slow; she peers into the darkness ahead cautiously, but without the fear one might expect in a child. That changes when the sounds that filter through the caves ahead become identifiable: soft, slithering, bubbling. The air tastes moist and acidic.

Neris turns pale and begins to shake. "S-slimes?" She takes a step back, then another.

Pausing a moment, Shadow looks at her. "You would brave a battle, but run from formless beasts?"

Looking panicky, Neris takes another step back. "I don't like slimes! They - they're slimy!"

She turns around, prepared to give up the caverns and return to the safety directly beneath the tavern. Neris jumps backs with a frightened squeak, crowding towards Shadow. Slimes drop from cracks in the rock, blocking the paths before and behind them...

The bartender wipes his face with a soot-covered cloth and sighs. Reminded him of the wars, it did: ugly and brutal. Senseless death is not something he enjoyed; not then, a simple soldier amongst many; not now. He'd bought the tavern to get away from all that, and here it'd followed him. Walking swiftly, he clumps down the stairs to the cellars. He feels badly about locking Neris away, but better she be angry with him than dead. Sliding back the bars, he opens the door and looks around, grimacing at the lack of light. He lifts his own lamp high. The cellar is cold and empty.

"Neris?" The bartender frowns with worry. Inspecting each nook and cranny in the flickering light, he growls and curses when he finds the small crack, wide enough - barely - for a grown man to slip through. "Damn yer wandering soul! Ye know ye could get lost down 'ere, girl." With a sigh, he wedges himself into and past the crack, mumbling about how he isn't young anymore, and he should really lose some weight, though the war was likely to do that for him...

He searches the most likely caverns quickly, with a familiarity that shows he is no stranger to them himself. Once, in a cave that must come near the surface and river, for the roots are dense and the limestone walls damp, he pauses. There is a muffled thumping sound; a dull boom. The bartender stiffens, thinking that the catapults must have started again despite the dark sky. He frowns. Fireballs? An' ... diggin'. Diggin'?!"

The bartender hurries back to the tavern through the twisted tunnels. He looks around the common room, and hurries to the cluster of customers that had helped in the defence.

"Listen, ye. There's sappers, an' they're tryin' t' break through to t' caves. An' me girl's down there!" The bartender scowls. "They'd not be breakin' through anytime soon, an' even if they did, they'll not be finding me cellars easily, but I can't risk it. I need help to block t' passage. Magic'd be best." He looks hopefully at the magicusers.

[ooc] btw, Tommy, I'm still waiting for your post in Baltazar.

[ Saturday, September 27, 2003 01:03: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #43
Shadow: "I live down here! And I know these slimes." *He takes on the shape of a slime, and moves over to the other slimes. Slowly, he imitates bubbling sounds. The slimes let Neris pass.* "If you live down here long enough, the languages start to rub off on you. But the other creatures down here I can't help you with, except for undead, because I am undead in this form. But if possible, I'll change into my Phalanx form and help you through any unavoidable battles." *He flattens, and then sighs.* "I've lived down here ever since the Kingdom of Serenity had split in 2. I trained and trained as a lad, and finally, at age 18, I was presented wiht my Phalanx armor. Somehow, a necklace had been left in the helmet, I took that, too. I fought for Serenity. But then, the King died! I was in sorrow. I didn't know which of the 2 newly formed kingdoms I would fight under. I finally chose to flee to an Inn, so I lived in the caverns underneath. When I snuck into the Inn("At night, of course."), I thought I wouldn't be able to move silently. I suddenly coughed, and I tapped the necklace to see if I was choking on anything. I suddenly changed into a shadow. I sneaked down into these cavers, and dubbed myself "Shadow". I've lived down here ever since."

--------------------
This is MY link.
-Starcraft Observers
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #44
Vincent had, over the period of the day, grown quite fond of the inn he so willingly charred his left hand for. When the bar owner came asking for help, Vincent quickly hustled down from the battlements from which he watched his rather pathetic minions meet their demise.
"I'll see what can be done."
Vincent entered the dank cellar to see what kind of damage had been done already.
"Hmm... no real damage yet, but I'm no mason."
Vincent cast a rather short duration ward on the wall of the cavern.
"They won't be getting in tonight, anyway."
Vincent hadn't been totally honest with everyone he had met that day. He had simply told them what types of magic he could do, not the kind of magic he specialized in. Sure, he was somewhat adept at placing abjurations. So? Any second-rate wizard could place this ward. They would find him out soon enough. He hadn't even mentioned his conjuration powers to anyone before he used them. And usually such a blabbermouth. A front was usually easy to keep up, especially with an imagination and personality like his. But he had screwed up. His real talents might even be appreciated, but it wasn't worth the risk. That was the reason he was kicked out of his own home, the fief his father had worked so hard for. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

[ Saturday, September 27, 2003 21:00: Message edited by: Kogar ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #45
OOC: Well I have to post something.

IC: Schostas was in one of the medical tents amazed by his power and enjoying his newfound ability. He was carefully studying the spell book and couldn't wait for the next day to come so he could try out some of the new spells he had learned.

Oddly enough, he controlled his anger when he was shot in his arm. He had never been able to do that before. Whether he could do the same the next day, only time could tell. All it would do is take a certain injury or anger at someone for him to show his true side.

Schostas decided it was time to sleep again, so he got himself up and out of the tent and returned to his usual seat in the corner at the inn. He propped his spell book up against the wall and ordered a meal. The girl didn't seem to be around and he noticed that when the bartender brought him his meal of butter fired chicken and Fettuccini Alfredo. He then asked for a glass and a bottle of Mogen David wine and the bartender soon brought him a both.

After eating his meal, he took the plate to the bartender and went back to his seat to enjoy his wine for a while. He sipped on it from the glass as he sat his spell book down and started studying it again. After drinking half the bottle, he took it to the bartender and told him to chill it until tomorrow. He then went back to his seat, and making sure that his hood completely hid his face, proceeded to fall asleep with the appearance of reading his spell book.

OOC: That should be enough for a while until someone else posts something.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #46
Malakai was in his usual corner nursing his wounds from battle. He was hit by two arrows one in the left thigh, and the other in his left shoulder. Malakai, hopes they won't become infected. He orders a meal, and a bottle of wine. After his meal, he drinks his wine happily as he watches everyone else struggle with their own wounds. The battle has taken it's toll on Malakai, he is tired and retreats to his room for rest.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Agent
Member # 1359
Profile #47
Sodium Cyanide lurked around in the celler. Nobody knew why.

--------------------

~ §øСüm
©ÿªñ¡Ðë ~
Mission Ridge -- All Your Snow Are Belong to Us.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #48
One of Gerald's officers were in the mountains, somewhat lost. His name was Kris, and he wore his armor in pride. His solders were well equipped, but even then, they were hopelessly lost within. Until one of them made a suggestion.
"Why don't we just dig down?"
Kris though upon and excitedly gave the solder a hug of joy. "Its a perfect idea! Quickly, we'll dig toward the pub, and we might be able to reach their cellars!" Kris went to the Middle Passing more than once before this happened. The small platoon dug quickly and fast, making progress almost immediately. They were getting closer... BUMP.
Kris bumped into the ward that Vincent had put up. "Curses... we need a mage. Where is our mage?" Kris yelled. A mage dressed in brown robes hurried toward the front, tripped and skidded up to Kris. "Here..." He said with dismay.
"Get this fixed, and quick. We need to get inside!" Kris demanded.
"Ok, ok, just hold on." The mage began to tinker with the magic, constanly mumbling stuff. In a couple of minutes, the ward was cleared. "Press onward!" Shouted Kris.

OOC: I can't continue morning until promenition posts. I don't know about what Neris will do anyhow.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #49
[ooc] If they knew what direction the inn was in, they wouldn't be hopelessly lost. [/ooc]

Neris is white-faced and pale as she steps gingerly past the slimes. She refuses to look at Shadow, her single thought at seeing him change shape being ewwww. Without a word she hurries back the way they had come, relaxing her pace only when the slimes are left far behind.

After a while, though, she forgets her disgust, and her suspicion of Shadow is replaced by curiosity. "Why'd ye not come live in the Middle Passing, then? We got rooms plenty, an'-" a frown is plastered over her youthful face "-ye ought t' be paying rent."

Shadow starts to answer, then hesitates. "Something is ahead," he warns her.

They round a sharp bend - and come face to face with the lost group of Geraldians. They stare at each other for a moment in complete silence. Kris and his soldiers, well-trained, had reflexively drawn their swords against trouble. Neris' eyes are large and she gasps, recognising their uniforms in the magelight. Then she turns and runs.

"Da! Da!" she screams, knowing that the cellars are too far away and he will never hear her, but unable to think of anything else. "Da! Soldiers in t' caves!"

But the slim child, fast though she is, has not the speed of a fit soldier.

[ Monday, September 29, 2003 04:12: Message edited by: premonition ]

--------------------

Pages