Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #100
IC: Aarrow was sober. He wasn't killing anyone. And he was sober. In short, he was miserable. He couldn't stand doing nothing. Neris was in Gerald's hands, and everyone was just waiting around for some crazy scheme cooked up by someone who had spent the last 8 hours in a coma to solve all their problems. He paced back and forth in his room, his frustration growing. Not having any alcohol in his system, he found it difficult to think clearly.

Aarrow clawed absent-mindedly at his left arm, where just last night it had been lacerated by an enemy sword. This morning, however, all that remained was a scar; one more to add to his collection. Perhaps by nothing more than a stroke of random luck, the inn happened to be filled with some amazing alchemists and healers who were able to take care of the injured. After a good night's sleep and some care from the healers, nearly everyone who had engaged in the battle yesterday was physically recovered.

Physically recovered, but not necessarily mentally recovered. Everyone was on edge, and innkeeper was obviously unstable. And all they did was wait. His frustration reaching the boiling point, Aarrow punched the wall, and left a nice hole to the next room. It was, much to his relief, uninhabited at the moment. Still, he could wait no longer. He gathered his quiver, stocked full, and his bow and other weapons before making his way to the room of Schostas, where most of the patrons of the inn had gathered. He opened the door and said, in a gruff voice, "I'm retaking the cellars. Whether I have help or not is up to you." Turning around, he strode to the door of the cellar and flung it open, arrow nocked. Strangely, no Geraldians were camped nearby. Relieved, Aarrow was able to tap some of the barrels of ale the Geraldians hadn't touched. Curious, he looked behind him to see who had followed him...

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #101
The shadow that had followed Aarrow came into view. It was only Rasil. He padded up to Aarrow and put a hand on his shoulder. "I'll go with you. I know how horrible it is to be alone in a battle. Might as well take a friend down with you, right?" Rasil smiled. Aarrow, even in his aggressive mood, grinned at that. "Then I'll be sure to take you down with me," Aarrow replied, and the two set off into the cellar.

The cellars were different this time. After the cave-in a couple days ago, Some tankards fell, and more rubble was in the way. The Geraldian's somehow decided to abondon a place. But why? Why would such an army decide to leave... right when they were about to win? A couple empty tents stood, and some other miscellaneous things were scattered about. The two were puzzled. Flat out.

Outside, something a little different was going on. A small band of monks that had traveled through the mountains chanced upon the inn for a small rest. Despite their evil aura that everyone could sense, the barkeep let them in...

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #102
IC: Aarrow and Rasil continued to make their way through the trashed cellars, wading through trash and rubble. Though the Geraldians had taken most of their equipment with them, what remained made Aarrow think that their retreat had been hasty. Apparently, they hadn't wanted anyone to follow them, and had set off magical explosions in numerous places. Fortunately, no place was too caved-in for progress to be stopped. At times, Aarrow thought he felt a presence, but besides the occasional slime or lizard scurrying into the shadows, there seemed to be nothing in the cellars but twists and turns. Before long, both were utterly lost.

Aarrow took a drink from his flask, freshly filled with ale, then turned to Rasil. "Well, this isn't quite how I expected this to go. Any ideas?"

[ Thursday, October 23, 2003 13:17: Message edited by: Aarrow Swift ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #103
OOC: it's not too late to join, right?

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #104
OOC: I don't know if you're just being sarcastic, but actually, no. You could be an evil monk, a Lancian, or you if you came up with a really clever way to do it and Tommy gave it the OK.

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #105
OOC: same thing as the Balthazar the Mad RP: Shadow Wolf drops down from the sky to investigate something, then gets involved in the actual plot.

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #106
OOC: Flies out from the sky? What type of Technology is that? XD Well, I guess I can let you in. We only have 4 people at the moment (Me, Aarrow, Prem, and MSW). The rest quit. However, I think you need a better entrance. I don't mind how you go in. You can go ahead and fall out from the sky if you wish. Although, it would look a little strange to the people in the inn =P.

IC:
Rasil looked at Aarrow for a while, and then sat down upon a rock. "No, this wasn't like what I expected. I wonder why they left so fast. Maybe there is something down here... Alright, lets just search. Who knows?" Rasil gave a slight smile. "We just might find our way out." The two trekked off in a certain direction, looking for an exit to the endless mazes of the cellars...

Meanwhile, the monks had made themselves at home. Schostas sat in his bed, reading a book as he did the night before all this happened. A shout came from the guard outside. "Someone! Ne-Ner-Neris! She's being carried by a dragonfly this way! Someone co-co-come qu-quickly!" Schostas smiled inwardly.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #107
OOC: don't worry, he wouldn't land right at the door. my intro is sort of a continuation of the BtM RP.

IC:
"You know, Shady, she IS back in our world," Din said to Shadow Wolf as he piloted the Dimensional Flier.

"I know that," Shadow Wolf answered.

"They why are we still here? We should really get the hell out of this world and back to our own."

"Don't ask me why, but I sense something in this land. It seems something strange has to have roused these two kingdoms to wage war. Something different from the apparent cause."

"Something like the Great Demon?"

"Precisely. Prepare for the drop, Din. Preferably out of sight of the battle at that tavern, so that we won't attract unnecessary attention."

"Aite." With that, Din maneuvered (sp?) the craft away from the battle, and to the fringe of a nearby forest to the southwest. The blademaster then dropped from it and landed in a clearing. Silently and carefully he approached the front to investigate...

[ Friday, October 24, 2003 04:45: Message edited by: Wisemancraft III: Reign of Cheese ]

--------------------
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #108
Vincent was surrounded. The horrible things had come for him at last. He tried to move, but he was paralyzed. The began to rip armor from cloth, cloth from skin, skin from flesh, flesh from bone.
"AARAAGH!!"
Vincent awoke, and to his relief, it was a dream. Strangely, his wounds were healed completely, and the room smelled like a spice cabinet.
"Hm. Must've been alchemists."
Vincent got dressed, put on his armor and surcoat, strapped his scabbard to his belt, and started to descend the stairs. As he reached the first landing of the stairs, he shivered.
"I know that aura."
Vincent crept down the remaining stairs, and when he reached the bottom, poked his head around the corner to give the room a wide-eyed stare.
"Ack."
He realized he was staring conspicuously at the monks when they began to stare back.
"Hmm."
Vincent slowly walked over to their table and tried to strike up conversation. All of the monks simultaneously stood up and moved away.
"Just trying to be neighborly."

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #109
IC: Aarrow and Rasil trudged through the twisting cellars, which could hardly be classified as cellars any longer. They had long since left the parts explored and frequented by the innkeeper, and were now quite obviously in a cave. Rasil, fortunately, happened to have a torch with him, and used it to illuminate the dark cavern. Oddly, Aarrow detected a hint of... death.

"Something is wrong, Rasil."

"What is it?"

"I don't know, but I have a feeling we both will shortly."

The two rounded another twist in the cavern and saw a gruesome sight. The passage opened up into a cave where hundreds of skeletons littered the floor, many broken into pieces. Scraps of armor proudly displayed the insignia of the kingdom of Gerald. Even more disturbing than this, however, was the lack of any blood, gore, or rot. The skeletons had each been picked clean. The soldiers weapons and supplies were nowhere to be found.

Rasil turned to Aarrow. "Well, that answers one question."

Aarrow furrowed his eyebrows. "But it raises yet another."

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #110
OOC: Wiseman, I ask only one thing: Don't change the plot too drastically! The main central focus is the war of Serenity, and the two sides trying to take over the inn. Or destroy it...

IC:

Rasil looked through the clean bones and armor from the remains of the soldiers. "This place is really not getting any better... We can't even find our way around any more. Think we could turn back?" Rasil looked toward Aarrow for advice. After all, Rasil was much younger than Aarrow. Aarrow shook his head slowly. "If you can find where to turn back, then sure. But until then, we might as well forget it." Aarrow took another swig of ale.

The two ended up searching the pile of bones for clues to what happened here. Picking through each one and tossing them, they found absolutely nothing of what happened. "I just don't see what could clean these soldiers off like this..." Rasil murmured. He stumbled upon a single little clue: A torn piece of brown cloth. "Hey, Aarrow, come here! I found something!" While prancing about, Rasil didn't notice the figure coming from behind him, sword raised...

OOC: Neris, where are ye!? Prem, we need you to get Neris home. Maybe she will be happy to be home, raising the moral of the innfolk, and who knows? Maybe Neris will know the reason behind the evil monks...

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #111
IC: Aarrow turned to Rasil's voice and saw the figure raising a sword to strike him. Reverting back to his training as hunter, he whistled sharply. Rasil cringed and the figure hesitated, giving Aarrow plenty of time to nock his bow and strike the stranger in the shoulder. It made a strange, gurgling sound, and dropped its weapon. That was all Rasil needed. He drew a dagger and finished the enemy. Aarrow jogged over to his side and bent over to inspect their attacker.

"Thanks, Aarrow."

Aarrow didn't respond. Instead, he began searching the fallen enemy's body. The stranger was wearing the armor of the Geraldians, and its face was concealed by a helmet. Aarrow removed the helmet, then paused.

"It's a... goblin?"

He turned and saw the quizzical expression on Rasil's face, confiriming his impression of the situation as well.

"But, goblins couldn't possibly have done all this," Rasil pointed out, unnecessarily.

"Not alone, anyway..."

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #112
The dragonfly gently sets Neris down in the courtyard. It's own landing is far less graceful; the strain of carrying its burden and flying such a long distance is too much for its wounded wing, and it all but crashes into the wall of the inn. The drakes move out of the way quickly to avoid the tumbling dragonfly.

Neris stands on somewhat wobbly legs for a bare instant before she is swept up in strong arms. The innkeeper is as close to tears as he has ever come, though he says not a word as he holds her tight. She looks at him with concern. "Da, are ye hurt?"

The innkeeper shakes his head. "No. But ye, Neris, are ye well?"

The girl nods happily. True, one half of her face is swollen and bruised terribly, and she aches all over from the rough horse and dragonfly rides But all this pales in comparison to being home again and knowing that her da wasn't hurt in that last battle. "I'm hungry, Da."

"We'll get ye some food, then, aye?"

An hour or so later, the gloomy atmosphere in the Middle Passing is lifted considerably when the defenders see Neris, safe again, serving drinks as if nothing had happened. She is cheerful, happy to be home and ecstatic to see the magical creatures at the inn, though she cannot seem to find her rescuer dragonfly friend.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #113
"Hmm.. What could possible be the cause of this?" Rasil paused. He held up the brown piece of cloth that was considered his "evidence". He could only hope for it to come out right.

Showing the "evidence" to Aarrow, they both came to the conclusion that the piece of cloth was absolutely useless to solve anything here. When they were just about to leave the enourmous cemetary when sounds came from a tunnel behind them. Rasil raced over to the entrance, daggers drawn. He peeked over and gasped. It was a Geraldian, and he was badly wounded!

Kris couldn't go much further. An encounter with a strange creature and the inductment of excecution for 'letting' the girl go (Signed by Gerald) made him a dead man in any place. He staggered and touched his wounded chest, his armor torn up and the proud sigil of Truth tarnished with blood. He saw dimly someone out there rushing to him. Kris collapsed and fell unconsious.

Rasil looked at the fallen warrior. Who was he? Rasil called Aarrow over. "We have a survivor. He looks familiar, but I can't guess where I've seen his face before... Should we help him?"

The Evil Monks made the inn their official home. They took the cellars and ordered no one to enter unless given permission. The innkeep had to make sure all of his casks were ok, and ordered everyone to start gathering and placing the casks in a certain area. Of couse, there were still a select few working on the walls.

Both sides continued to stayed quiet.

OOC: Kris comes into the picture, and it seems as though he was attacked by something. Not only that, he has become an outcast from the Kingdom of Truth. What next? Oh yes, the monks.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #114
OOC: Thank you Prem. Now I feel I can successfully post.

IC: While sleeping, the magic flows back into Schostas's body and the surge of energy is so profound that he practically leaps out of the bed onto his feet right from a sound sleep. His body starts convulsing and he drops to the floor. The guard was still in the corridor and comes running in when he hears the commotion from inside the room.

He calls downstairs for help and can only stand and watch, as he has no idea of what he should do. An alchemist and a healer come bounding up the stairs to help and upon reaching the room tell the guard to help them lift Schostas's body up on the bed and within a minute, they have him on the bed. Immediately the alchemist starts mixing herbs and the healer starts casting bless and heal spells. When they pull back his hood, they are shocked by his handsomeness and complete blank stare. His eyes are not their usual color, but instead a deathly white, as is his skin.

Inside of ten minutes, the convulsions have stopped and the healer's are wiping Schostas's brow. They can't afford to lose this chaotic rage mage. He had bought the inn time with his summoned intelligent creatures and had managed an amazing rescue of Neris. However, Schostas didn't seem to be getting better. His was sweating profusely and his skin and eyes hadn't changed at all. When the bartender came up to see Schostas, he was expecting him to be wide-awake and talking.

But that wasn't the case. He looked down at this mage and almost wanted to cry, but being tough and having Neris back, refused to do so. When he asked the alchemist and the healer what was wrong with Schostas, they said that they had been able to decipher the Pendant he wore.

According to the pendant, once a person summons creatures with it, it drains all their energy and throws them into a magically induced coma. In the morning or the following day, the person would wake up, but the curse wasn't over. They still had to endure all the magical energy when it suddenly returned.

They pointed out to the bartender that according to the pendant, each person who regains their magic reacts differently to it. The more it is used, the less severe the reactions are. Since this was Schostas's first use, the regaining of his magical energy could possibly be fatal for him.

They assured the bartender that they would let Schostas die without a fight, and they would fight like the devil to save him. The bartender goes downstairs with a grave look on his face, but upon entering the inn, it gets even darker, but he puts it behind him and tries to get back to his duties.

OOC: Hopefully Prem will read this soon. Perhaps Neris might be able to bring Schostas out of his coma. After all, it was for her and then inn that he was fighting for when he used the pendant. Moreover, he doesn't even know that she was brought back yet either.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #115
There is a small sound; the scuff of tentative foot against doorsill. The healer looks up and beckons. "Come in, child," he says kindly.

Neris enters the room fully. Her steps are taken with exaggerated care, so as not to disturb the patient. "Da tol' me, 'e called the pretty ones. An' Da said 'e sent my friend t' get me."

The healer's face betrays a momentary confusion, before he realizes what she means by 'pretty ones'. Then he nods. "Aye, that he did. The mage saved us all."

"Is 'e goin' t' be alright?"

The hesitation is profound. "We'll see. I must work now, child. Stay if you wish, but do not disturb us."

"It's because of me, isn't it? 'E's sick because of me." The healer is caught up already in another spell and does not answer. Neris moves to the bedside and looks down on Schostas. Picking up a cloth, she gently wipes his forehead, and the alchemist nods her approval. Neris bites her lip. She wants to say something, anything. But she has not the words to say all that she feels, and settles for laying one small hand across his brow in the childish hope that she might will him better.

[ooc] I'll get to the monks next post.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #116
Vincent wasn't having much luck trying to communicate with the monks. They haven't even talked to him. Well, maybe they could sense his aura, like he could sense theirs. Nonsense! He had the best wizard in his kingdom cast that masking spell on him. They would have to be quitepowerful to sense that. He still was upset by their presence. He was pleased he didn't have to use his art to defend this tavern. Too much to risk. He was slightly agitated at not using his art in a long, long time.
OOC: could someone tell me about the situation outside? I mean, are there any soldiers out there? Throw me a bone, people!

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #117
OOC: Thank you Prem. You gave me what I needed.

IC: Schostas, despite being in his coma can still sense what is going on around him. He sensed the bartender, the healer, and the alchemist. Then he sensed something that made him smile in his coma. He sensed the presence of Neris with him.

Then he could feel her hand on his head and a good energy of some sort starting to flow through his body. He couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then it hit him. The good energy was coming from Neris. She was somehow healing him.

She must have a hidden power that even she doesn't know about. Suddenly, he regains all of his senses and opens his eyes. He immediately sees Neris staring at him and then a smile flashing over her face.

Neris: "He's awake!! He's awake!!"

The healer and alchemist examine Schostas and conclude her to be right. Neris runs off downstairs to tell everyone.

OOC: There, now Schostas is back to normal and Neris appears to have a new talent.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #118
OOC: Ok, here if my Pagely Report of the Situation!:

Kingdom of Truth Vs. Kingdom of Light:
-At WAR, but not fighting at the moment. In fact, not fighting for the day.

Inn status:
-Summoned monsters are patrolling area.
-Wall on Lance's side being fixed.
-Evil monks have taken up home inside the cellars.

Cellar status:
-Abandoned Geraldian camps.
-Big nasty pile of bones in a strange corner.

Hero status: (Hero. Hah. =P)
-Rasil: Hopelessly lost with Aarrow Swift, just found Kris.
-Aarrow Swift: Hopelessly lost with Rasil, just found Kris.
-Neris: Alive and WELL, IN DA INN! BooYAH! XD
-Schostas: Alive and well, just recovered from coma. With Neris and the Innkeeper.
-Vincent: TRYING to make conversation with the evil monks, but failing miserably.
-Kris (PC by all): Staggering, lost in cellars. Fell unconsious, saw Rasil last.
-Gerald (PC by all): Currently fuming, mad at everything. Lost Neris a while ago.
-Lance (PC by all): Plotting... just plotting...
-Evil monks (PC by all): Inside the inn, making home. Vincent is trying to converse with them.
-Innkeeper (PC by all): Happy to see Neris back, with Schostas and Neris. You know... we never did make a name for him...

Well, there you go for now. I won't post up my IC until Aarrow Swift posts. Enjoy, Kogar.

EDIT: NO, Kogar. The innkeeper should have no name in the end. Just makes him seem better. I only put it there to point out. And trust me, I don't need the innkeeper running around with a name. =P

[ Tuesday, October 28, 2003 00:23: Message edited by: Tommy ]

--------------------
-Random Quote
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #119
OOC: The innkeeper's name shall be...
Marmadas
Which happens to be the hobbit translation of my real name!

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #120
Shadow Wolf had managed to make it to the outside of the Inn - which doubled as a battlefield - to observe the magnitude of the fighting. We obviously never learn, he said to himself. Always repeating the mistakes of the past.

Just then, five soldiers managed to spot him. They immediately charged, head on.

"Fools," Shadow Wolf spat. "Drudges with a blank mind, except to fight and die."

He drew Silentstriker, blade pulling out without sound. The blademaster stabbed the lead man multiple times in major arteries, causing him to die quickly of heavy bleeding. Shadow Wolf leapt into the air, allowing the men at his sides to impale each other in their spears. He landed, standing on a soldier's sabre. The soldier swung his blade in an attempt to shake Shadow Wolf off, but found his throat slit.

The last tried to escape, and Shadow Wolf allowed him to, instead of pursuing him and killing him off. So, the soldiers are indeed quite zealous, he said to himself. This Inn here must also be investigated.

OOC: yeah, it took SW long enough to arrive at the scene. :/

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #121
[ooc] Heh. I like your summaries, Tommy. It does seem strange to give him a name after 5 pages of calling him variants on bartender/innkeeper. My bad, I entirely forgot about naming him. [/ooc]

“Come here, child.”

About to leave and answer a call for service that could be heard from downstairs, Neris looks at the healer. She crosses over to him and holds still willingly when he takes up her hands in his and studies them. After a minute or two, she shifts her weight from one foot to the other.

“Is something wrong?” she asks curiously.

The healer blinks and lets go of her hands. “Nay,” he says, smiling down at her. “Go on now, back to your chores.”

As she leaves, the healer turns back to Schostas with a thoughtful frown. His suspicions were correct, young though the girl is.

Neris serves Vincent and the rest of the customers clamouring for food. The barrel kept in the kitchen is drained to the last drop, and Neris goes down to the cellars to fetch more, forgetting the innkeeper’s warning about staying out of them.

One of the monks ignoring Vincent looks up as she enters the cellar. The monk and the young girl stare at each other without moving. Then Neris slowly backs out of the cellars, not taking her eyes off the monk until the door shuts between them. Whirling around, she runs back up the stairs, the empty pitcher in her arms falling forgotten to the floor. The innkeeper is startled when she throws herself upon his lap without warning and huddles against him, shaking and crying.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #122
OOC: Now to get Schostas back downstairs.

IC: Schostas sits up on his bed and stands up. He finds it hard to believe that he was just in another coma. He goes downstairs and sits at his usual table. The bartender brings him some fried mushrooms, some poached sole, and some Mogen David wine. Schostas gives smile of thanks and digs in. He hasn't eaten anything for almost a day, and eagerly gulps it all down. When he finishes Neris comes to his table and takes his dishes. Neris gives him a smile but soon it drops. She walks up to Schostas and whispers something in his ear.

You can tell it was something serious, because Schostas shoots up out of his chair and goes to the bartender.

Schostas: "What is this I hear about some monks having moved into the cellar?"

Bartender: "Well. While you were in your coma, they showed up. They demanded the cellar for privacy and moved in there. They don't want to be disturbed, and I find it peculiar."

Schostas: "I shy to think of the ramifications of what you might have just done. I better check it out."

Schostas goes to the cellar door and quietly opens it. He sees the monks in the middle of a prayer session. He listens intently and hears them prayer for the safety of Lance's kingdom in the battle. He quietly closes the door and returns to the bartender, with a look of horror on his face.

Schostas: "Get all the fighters in here now!! That is no normal group of monks as I have suspected. They work for the Lance kingdom and are...well, Mad monks!!!” They are obviously planning how they will go about attacking us from the inside. This must be why both sides are so quiet. One is almost immobilized, and the other has sent spies and assassins to deal with us. We need to work fast!!"

The bartender tells the others and the fighter are gathered up. They all sit down at tables and begin planning what to do.

OOC: It would be nice if we could get Arrow and Rasil back to the inn.

--------------------

Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #123
"If you require aid, I can stop them right now."

Everyone looked up from their seats to find Shadow Wolf at the front door.

"That spell of blessing requires great concentration from all the monks," Shadow Wolf continued. "And if one breaks his concentration, then the spell will fail. It is as simple as knocking one out, although the monks will still pose a threat if they can fight as well."

"Who are you, ye scrawny twig?" The bartender asked, noticing his lack of a buff build.

"Call me Shadow Wolf," he answered. "Elite blademaster, with mastery in the Circle of Thievery."

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #124
OOC: Sorry, I've been gone since Friday. Time to make up for lost... er... time...

IC: Aarrow's ale was running out, and he and Rasil were no closer to discovering the cause of the pile of bones.

"Let's just take this soldier with us. Maybe he'll have some information on the Geraldians plans for us."

"You're forgetting that we have no idea how to get back!"

Suddenly, the two warriors heard a tremendous roar coming from further down the passage they had found Kris. Then, the sound of increasingly rapid footsteps approaching them.

Aarrow looked at Rasil. "You know, a great warrior knows when to stand and fight, and when to flee with honor. Now, I think, would be a good time to test our speed."

Picking up the fallen Geraldian soldier, the two began to flee through the caverns, the pounding footsteps of... something... never falling too far behind.

OOC: Hmm... I wonder where their hasty flight could lead them...

--------------------

Pages