Holding the Tavern Front -RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Holding the Tavern Front -RP
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #125
So the race of life began. Rasil and Aarrow, dragging the fallen Geraldian, raced down the endless cavern, taking turns at every point. Left here, right over there... strait ahead. The noise kept right behind them, as they raced further in their heteric run. Somehow, luck was shining on them. At least a little.

Rasil tripped on a rock and flew 12 feet, right into a cirlce of monks next to the all so familiar door to the inn. Immediately the monks broke up and looked from behind their hoods at the perpetraitors. Rasil was laying in the middle of the circle; Aarrow had just reached Rasil, The Geraldian being dragged behind him. The noise came much closer; The door to the inn burst out and Schostas, Vincent, and Shadow Wolf came out, with Neris peeking from behind the door. Finally, the creature padded out...

OOC: Whoever is next to post, make it scary, original, and hard. I'm not expecting for this to be anything easy.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #126
OOC: I have an idea. In the Exile 3 game, this creature scared the hell out of me when I first came up against it.

IC: Schostas: "OH, DEAR GOD!!!! IT CAN'T BE!!!!"

The others, including the evil monks saw the creature come into view as well. It was huge and at its full height, its head hit the ceiling, or at least what could be its head. It had a long and wide body and its skin was gray and slimy. It must have been at least 35 feet long and 5 feet wide. It was surprising to Rasil and Arrow how fast it had moved through the caverns after them once they saw its actual size. A creature like that, to them, shouldn't be that fast for its size. One of them, out of fear, speaks up.

Rasil: "What the hell is it!!!!?"

Schostas and Shadow Wolf knew exactly what it was. They had seen this creature before in their travels, despite the fact that they didn't know each other. By chance, both Schostas and Shadow Wolf answer at the same time.

Schostas & Shadow Wolf: "IT'S A DARK WYRM!!!"

Surprised at saying it together, they both look at each other.

Arrow: "What the hell is a Dark Wyrm!!!!?"

Shadow Wolf continues with Schostas breaking in every now and then as they both try to position themselves effectively while explaining.

Shadow Wolf: "A Dark Wyrm is a creature that lives in the caverns and has made its way to the surface over the years since the years of the Exile Campaigns..."

Schostas: "...and it's bite has a draining effect on the body. It drains your energy and uses it for itself. If it could eat you, the acid inside it would digest all material and flesh. Only bones would be left..."

Shadow Wolf: "...and it is very hard to kill. It moves with an unimaginable speed, despite its size. It can spray acid, so don't get in the way..."

Schostas: "...or you will find yourself as a puddle of digested fluids on the floor. And you certainly don't want that, do you? We must stand together in a formation around it..."

Shadow Wolf: "...and attack it with everything we have! We must kill it or the inn is doomed!!"

The cellar is big and there is plenty of room for a good fight. However, with this creature as big as it is and with its speed, the battle will be very difficult.

OOC: You wanted your scary creature and hard to beat creature. So there it is. Enjoy. It is the most frightening creature I know of in the Exile games. It makes a very formidable monster.

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #127
OOC: Kind of makes my previous post about about its pounding footsteps a little odd. Oh well.

IC: As the warriors of the inn gathered themselves together in preparation to fight the Dark Wyrm, they seemed to have forgotton about the monks. Rasil, Aarrow, Schostas, and Shadow Wolf surrounded the beast while the Monks began a strange chant.

At least the monks are helping us with our common enemy, Aarrow thought.

A blue aura surrounded the monks and began to envelope the Wyrm. It writhed and thrashed, fighting the monks power, but then it collapsed.

Hmm... Somewhat anticlimactic. This isn't right.

Too late, it began to dawn on the warriors that perhaps the monks weren't fighting the Wyrm at all. Before they could act to strike the creature while it was down or disrupt the monks' spell, the Wyrm reared up and gave another roar, it's eyes glowing a strange blue color. Even worse, the monks took a clearly offensive stance against the warriors.

I have no choice. I have to use the ultimate technique of the Demon Bow.

Aarrow turned to Rasil and simply said, "Cover me."

With that, the battle began.

--------------------
"... and approximately one sea turtle."
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #128
OOC: I was, apparently frozen in fear for that whole episode. Oh well.
IC: Vincent had never seen anything (well, almost anything) as frightening as the huge beast.
"Well, my dreams are coming true. How lucky."
Vincent decided he wasn't ready to chop frantically at the thing minion style, so he was going to focus on the monks.
"This should help us!"
Vincent reached into his pocket, remove a small pouch from it, poured a great deal of dust into his hand, and blew with everything he had at the rest of the warriors. It clung to their (and Vincent's) bodies, giving a slight tingling to the skin. The charnel smell of the powder was abhorrent, something like blood and stinky feet.
"At least the acid isn't going to kill us."

[ Thursday, October 30, 2003 19:13: Message edited by: Kogar ]

--------------------
-"Well, double dumbass on you!"
-William Shatner, Star Trek: The Motion Picture
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #129
The Dark Wyrm swung its tail fiercely at Shadow Wolf, but missed as he leaped back to avoid the blow. He then formed a small disc of energy, bluish light visible on his palm. He then swung towards the Wyrm, releasing the disc. The blademaster slashed in the direction of the disc, sending a blade beam through the middle of the disc and sending thousands of little discs into ths skin, slowly draining its energies away. It may not seem to have much of an effects, but the results will show up once the battle drags on.

Meanwhile, the evil monks sat in the cellar, wide open for assault - if somebody can get past the Wyrm...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #130
Rasil drew his daggers and faced the wyrm, his legs shaking somewhat. He had never faced such an oppenent, and the monks had made it even worse. Suddenly, the monks gathered about once again, and started to chant. Almost immediately, Shadow Wolf was covered in a red aura of light. Rasil jumped into the circle of monks, but it was too late. Shadow Wolf tripped over a rock, and had to make a flip to keep himself from falling. He was cursed, and badly, too.

The monks were becoming too much of a pain. With that, Rasil swung and flipped about, knocking one of the monks flat, and slashing another. The next moment, all of the monks had swords out, and were surrounding the theif. The wyrm reared up and continued striking at the rest of the party.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #131
IC: Aarrow had slipped back into a crevace in the walls of the cellar to charge the Demon Bow. He watched his fellows struggling in battle, and knew his hopes of using the ultimate technique of the Bow were in vain. He would need at least another five minutes to prepare it, and by then it might be too late. He felt helpless. Forgetting hopes of using his special technique in the battle, he joined the general melee by releasing a flurry of arrows against the monks who were closing in on Shadow Wolf and Rasil, injuring multiple and felling one. Discarding the Bow in the crevace, Aarrow drew his two curved blades and joined in the battle.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #132
OOC: Time to do something here as well.

IC: Schostas knows that the adventurers won’t be able to fend off this mighty beast for very long unless he does something to help. He has no weapons on him currently. The people who brought him to the inn after he fell into his coma put them in his room, and he had forgotten to bring them down with him. He decides to run back to his room to get his weapons and leave the others to fight the beast and the monks.

When he gets to his room, he picks up his already poisoned Chinese throwing stars and sticks all of them in his pockets. He grabs his rapier, puts it in a sheath attached to his belt, and then grabs his main weapon. The black great sword still has the blood of the enemy soldiers on it and he doesn't bother to wipe it off, as he knows the poison is still on it and cleaning it will remove it all.

He runs back down stairs and into the cellars again where he can see the Dark Wyrm approaching Shadow Wolf. He had noticed earlier when Shadow Wolf was hit with an Unholy Ravaging spell and that red aurora was still around him, so the spell was still affecting him. He knows only a Major Blessing spell on everyone can do anything to help him, unfortunately he was still somewhat weak from the earlier second coma he was in. But he knew he had to do something and fast.

Schostas stretches his hands out and chants some very powerful words. A sky blue light shoots from his hands and hits all of the adventurers, poisoning their weapons, hastening them, and blessing all of them, even Shadow Wolf. When the spell is finished, Schostas feels drained and very weak, but refuses to quit fighting. He pulls out several throwing stars from his pocket and with a fierce howl, flings them at the monks, most find a target on each monk, but some miss and hit the cellar wall. Instantly he can see the poison having an effect on the monks that were hit.

He turns towards the Dark Wyrm and once again lets out a fierce howl before running towards it with his black great sword in his hands.

OOC: Let's get this RP moving a little.

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #133
Neris peeks around the door, not daring to enter the cellars but unable to leave. The clamour of the battle has roused the resting defenders, and the bartender sends them to the walls in fear of another attack. He seems strangely unconcerned about the monks, which puzzles Neris no end. She cannot understand why he had let them into the cellars in the first place. She begins to think that maybe they are clouding her Da's mind with a minor charm.

A shout draws her attention back to the battle. Neris watches with wide eyes as Shadow Wolf staggers under the weight of the curse, while Aarow and Rasil move to aid him. Then she sees something that makes her breath stop in her throat.

Kris, unconscious and forgotten, lies in a steadily expanding pool of blood. The battle rages all around him, and Neris is afraid that the big monster will crush him. The battle shifts pace, leaving him in the open for a moment. Neris darts out and, grabbing his arm, starts pulling him to the safety of the cellar door. But she is not strong enough to move the fully grown and armoured man more than a few paces.

Neris bites her lip and tugs again, determinedly ignoring the big monster and the battle.

--------------------
From many a wondrous grot and secret cell
Unnumbered and enormous polypi
Winnow with giant fins the slumbering green.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #134
Shadow Wolf barely dodged the Dark Wyrm's attacks. A Cripple-like spell, he said to himself. Interesting, on the monks' part.

Leaping back, Shadow Wolf concentrated. Then he disappeared, and two Shadow Wolves appeared. Sure enough, all the magical effects are halved, split among the real Shadow Wolf and his double. He (and his double) then re-engaged the Dark Wyrm...

OOC: Shadow Wolf is able to create a double to partially dispel all buff/debuff spells cast on him. obviously, the double is much weaker than the original, but it IS almost the same thing as a mirror image after all - it's more of a way to fool the enemy than a way to cause more damage.

[ Sunday, November 02, 2003 07:32: Message edited by: Bimillenial Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #135
OOC: Sorry about not Pming back, Prem. I sort of forgot to send the reason back to you. Well, I'll just go by your reason, hope it won't hurt you.

IC:
Most of the monks were now in trouble. More than half were cut down; the rest were retreating into the darkness of the cellars passages. Rasil didn't care for the monks anymore. The Wyrm was the greatest concern, even if two Shadow Wolf's were keeping it busy. Rasil stood back to the Cellar door and called for some arrows. Bringing his bow out, he grabbed a quiver that was handed to him, and nocked an arrow, aiming at the wyrm.

OOC: Rasil will be in the back for this battle.

Sorry, Prem, once again.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #136
IC: The monks having mostly retreated, the battle shifted focus to the Wyrm. Rasil had grabbed a bow and quiver and was releasing arrow after arrow into the beast while two Shadow Wolves and Aarrow distracted it, protected and hasted by Schostas. The beast's movements began to slow, allowing Aarrow and Shadow Wolf to strike the beast again and again. Nearing the end of it's life, the Wyrm let out it's final breath, directing straight towards Neris. So focused on dragging away the fallen Geraldian was Neris that she didn't notice her impending misfortune. Reacting on instinct alone, Aarrow was able to use his enhanced speed to throw his body in front of the blast.

The Wyrm fell, its vile blood pouring on to the floor of the cellar. The battle had ended. Aarrow, covered with the beast's dying breath, collapsed.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #137
"Aarrow!" Rasil screamed. He darted toward him, as the wyrm continue to let out blood of a strange color. Rasil looked at Aarrow and saw what had happened.

Aarrow's face was distraught, and his fists were clenched as though in rage, he shook violently every now and then, and his eyes were drawn with a blank. Aarrow's body had lost control of itself, and it would not get any better.

The monks were not finished yet. With one more spell left, they mumbled something from the darkness. A dark black aura covered the wyrm, and the monster slowly got back up again. It had become an undead. There were sounds of collapsing in the darkness, meaning that the monks must have given their lives for this spell. The now undead wyrm let out a sickening shriek and awaited for the next round.

On the outside, Gerald had forgotten about the tunnel. He was on something new... something that would get all of his men into the inn and skip that accursed wall, and he would be in the front, commanding the whole thing...

Lance was pacing in his war tent, when a soldier came up. "I have bad news to report, sir," The soldier said. "The mercenary monks you hired sir, they have not come out. In fact, I had just heard some monster's scream that might have shook the valley. I don't think they survived, sir." Lance only looked at him and smiled.
"Well, looks like they don't get paid," He said. "Quickly, bring the Air unit. I think they may come of use tomorrow..."

OOC: This is somewhat making up for the amazingly short post I made just back then, so sorry if anyone else was thinking to take the next post. At least now, you can see what everyone is doing. And yes, those monks are downright evil in the end, and they were mercenaries.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #138
Vincent was severely injured during the great confrontation with the dark wyrm. He was able to crawl away during the fight to save his ouwn life. Covered in blood, some his own, most from the monks, he collapsed on the inn floor.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #139
OOC: Great. An undead Dark Wyrm, just what I needed.

IC: Schostas could see that the monks just expired and that the Dark Wyrm just became an undead creature. That would make it harder to kill it.

Schostas: "Someone call the dryads to help for god's sake!!!! Have them get the wounded out of the room!!! Maybe they can help fight the creature!!!"

The bartender runs back to the bar from the doorway where he was watching the scene and retrieves the dryads as ordered. The dryads first help get the Geraldian and Neris out of the room, and then help get Arrow out of the room. When they come back, they just stand and stare at the monstrous undead creature in front of them attacking the adventurers of the inn. They decide they must do something to help. They all join hands and chant some mystic words, half singing them at the same time. A green light forms around them and slowly wafts over to the creature.

The creature gives off a demonic howl and starts going crazy. But the adventurers notice it is unable to move any closer to them. One of the dryads speaks up.

Dryad: "Hurry up and kill it!!! We can't hold it in place forever!!! GAH!!!!"

Each dryad half screams from the sheer will and evil of the creature trying to overpower them. The adventurers get to work trying to kill the creature for good before it tires out the dryads.

OOC: How is that for an update?

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #140
[ooc] Tommy, that’s fine. I sort of figured you’d forgotten. No worries.

The healer and alchemist work frantically to ensure the stricken defenders do not die. Midway between casting one healing spell and recovering for the next, the healer looks around, and sees Neris standing by the edge of the impromptu healerie. She is pale, but written across her young face is the determination to help in some way. The healer nods to himself.

“Come here, child,” he calls. He offers her an urgent but gentle smile when she approaches. “Take some water and wash their wounds. Make sure you clean them properly.”

Neris nods and runs to get the water. When she returns, she glances from Kris to Aarow, to Vincent, unsure which one to help first. After a moment’s indecision she heads for Aarow. The healer, engaged in the beginnings of another spell, silently approves her choice. The archer is by far the closest to dying, caught as he had been by the Dark Wyrm’s breath.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #141
IC: Aarrow's mind was reeling. He drifted in and out of consciousness, unsure of the line in between. Images floated in front of his eyes. A great demon, a roaring Wyrm. A mage garbed in red: Schostas. A similar mage wearing blue. His old forest home. A pack of wolves. The cellar of the inn. A moonlit night on the sea. His forehead was touched with something cool and wet, causing him to open his eyes.

He gazed up at a familiar face. "Nadia?"

Neris blushed. "Only me."

Aarrow's vision cleared for a moment, and reality returned. The battle. The Wyrm. Throwing himself in front of the blast to protect the girl. The others had only been memories. He closed his eyes again while she tended to his wounds. From the cellar, sounds of the vicious battle continued.

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #142
The Dark Wyrm tried to crush Shadow Wolf, but ended up crushing his double. He pulled back, and concentrated on channelling his inner energy to Silentstriker, all the while spinning the weapon with his left hand. He then lifted the sword to his face, blade facing the Wyrm, and tapped the pommel twice with his right hand.

Pressured soul energy poured out of his blade, forming a bright patch of blue where the energy made an impact with the body of the Wyrm. Slowly, that energy would seep in and displace the necromantic energies that keep the undead Wyrm together.

--------------------
--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #143
Rasil had run out of arrows. Putting the bow back onto his back, he looked for anyway to get into the wyrm while drawing his daggers. No luck. Everywhere was covered, and Shadow Wolf was too busy with the wrym.

"I know I'm gonna regret this," He said as he uncuffed one of his daggers off of his wrist. He untied the bounds to it and held it. The dagger was a bit different than any ordinary one. The pommel was a round ring, the hilt was somewhat larger, and the blade curved into a point. He grabbed it and readied it for throwing. He closed one eye, and aimed for the wyrms chest.

The Undead wyrm, still trapped by the driads, raised itself high in front of Shadow Wolf, and at that time, Rasil threw his dagger. With uncommon speed and accuacy, the dagger dug into the wyrm and went inside, pommel, hilt, and blade. The new gash on the wrym cause some more oozing liquid to splurt outward, and now was Shadow Wolf's chance to do some more damage.

OOC:
I know about your energy thing, but Rasil doesn't. ;) He didn't see it, so of course he would do something like that. For everyone's info, those daggers are hand-crafted by Rasil himself.

--------------------
-Random Quote
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #144
Neris finishes binding Vincent’s wounds and turns to Kris. He has not yet recovered consciousness, and she becomes alarmed when she cannot feel him breathe. “Sir! Sir!”

The healer blinks and looks down at the small hands tugging on his tunic. His gaze travels beyond her to the one critical patient he has not yet treated. “I’m coming, child,” he says. He notes in passing the remains of the Geraldian armour, and his frown deepens when he senses how close Kris is to dying. Gathering the last of his strength, he casts as powerful a healing spell as he can manage.

When it is done, Kris is no longer on the edge of death. The exhausted healer turns to Neris. “Look after them for me, child.” He moves away to confer with the alchemist.

The archway is a twisted metal bracket, utterly functional in design. Gerald paces around it, watching his mages pour more and more energy into it until the centre is filled with a shimmering wall. The First mage bows to Gerald.

“It is done, my lord.”

“You are certain of the exit point?”

The mage’s shrug is subtle. “As certain as we can be, my lord. It is not too great a distance, but without an anchor on the other end-“ he shrugs again.

The order goes out. Ten soldiers step through the portal…

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #145
OOC: I'm guessing you want one of us to pick up on that. You can ignore this if I screw up anything.
IC: ... and they appeared closer to their target than they expected. In a flash of pink-red light, ten shock troops of the Geraldian army hit the floor uncerimoniously in the stairwell of the inn. They had appeared in the air, about four feet above a landing. They clattered down the stairs, only to run into the most horrifying sight of their lives. The great beast gave them only passing notice as it focused on Shadow Wolf, so none of the people engrossed in the struggle with it even had the slightest hint of knowing they were there. Vincent, having his wounds freshly covered and having a weak healing spell cast on him, was in full view of the stunned soldiers. Vincent almost instantly noted their emblazonry.
"Damn Geraldians! This is IT!" Vincent hollered as he jumped to his feet, numb to the horrible pain caused by the cuts all over his torso from the monks. When Vincent rose, he raised his arms to his side, but kept his hands limp. His hands and fingers suddenly shot straight up, as he began to chant deeply in a foreign tongue. A wind started howling around him viciously as a black mist bellowed from Vincent's cuffs, the bottom of his surcoat, and most strangely, his mouth. He turned his hands and forearms upward, palms facing his head (imagine someone making a goalpost with their arms). As he did this, horrible, howling specters hurled from the floor, coiled quickly around his body, and flew into the bodies of the deceased monks. The pale corpses shook, then rose to their feet.
"You have larger problems than that beast now!" Vincent no longer sounded normal. His eyes were clouded black.

[ Thursday, November 06, 2003 17:51: Message edited by: Kogar ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #146
OOC: Stealing Tommy's job... Day 4, evening

I felt it needed done. Plus, I can't post until this battle gets wrapped up. So, I'll start w/ me.

Aarrow: Semi-conscious, in the makeshift healerie in the bar. Hurt bad.
Shadow Wolf: Clone crushed, trying to dispel the necromantic energies holding the Wyrm together.
Rasil: Throwing daggers into the Wyrm.
Neris: Tending to people that have been injured.
Schostas: Involved in the general melee, responsible for the Dryads holding the Wyrm in place.
Vincent: Casting a spell to reanimate the fallen monks.
Barkeep: General Melee
Kris: Similar boat as Aarrow.
Gerald: Sending troops.
Gerald's troops, inside the inn, somewhat unceremoniously. No word yet on how many.
Lance & his troops: Waiting for tomorrow morning to attack.
Remaing creatures: Wandering around outside, presumably.
Wyrm: Dying. Again.

Sorry if that's not as good as Tommy's or I missed something. I felt it was a good time for one, and I can't post any IC yet. If I made any mistakes, let me know. Later.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3377
Profile #147
quote:
Originally written by Aarrow Swift:

Gerald: Sending troops.
Gerald's troops, inside the inn, somewhat unceremoniously. No word yet on how many.

Ten, until one of them gets word back to Gerald that the portal is set properly.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3479
Profile #148
OOC: I just had an interesting thought, so here goes.
IC: When Vincent reanimated the monks, necromantic energies flooded the room. The Wyrm sensed this, and it sucked them up greedily. Vincent noticed the death mists swirling on the floor towards the Dark Wyrm. As the energy entered the Wyrm, it's wounds started to seal up. Vincent turned angrily on his heels.
"NO!" he roared as he pointed his palm at the beast. He focused more malign energy into a black, pulsating sphere, and launched it at the Wyrm. When it contacted the shoulder of the Wyrm, it blossomed into an explosion of black, screeching ribbons that flew in every direction. The power faded before it contacted anyone but the worm. When the black cloud around the impact point faded, the Wyrm's arm was hanging on by a few tendons and strips of flesh. It hit the floor a few seconds later. Even the Wyrm was stunned. The creature may have kept itself safe from Shadow Wolf's magic, but it's missing arm isn't going to come back so easily.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #149
OOC: Ok. If the dark worm has arms now, let's say it was a mutation of the species.

IC: Schostas sees his opportunity finally. He had been standing there for most of the time parrying attacks. Then the undead Dark Wyrm nipped him in the shoulder. The place where he had been bitten burned like hell and it gave him what he needed. He begins seeing red as his chaotic rage begins to take over. He actions quicken and he finally starts trying to strike the undead creature with his sword. Then he seems to completely snap and runs behind the creature. He jumps on its back and begins thrusting his sword into its head.

Through his rage he had seen what Vincent had done, but was too preoccupied hacking at the Dark Wyrm's head, which was quickly being tattered and torn from his long sword blade. Though the poison would have no effect on the creature, the blade itself was already doing its job. In a matter of minutes, Schostas is able to hack the head clean off and the creature stumbles around a little, acid spraying all over in front of it. Schostas yells a warning at Shadow Wolf and the others through his rage.

Schostas: "GET OUT OF THE WAY NOW!!!!!"

He jumps off of the headless Dark Wyrm and begins hacking at its middle section, quickly tearing into it. Some of the acid catches him on the arm, and it begins burning through his robes. He sees the damage being done and quickly tears off his red robe. Everyone in the room stares for a moment when they see what he is wearing. He has on under his robes another set of robes with the insignia of the Queen all over them. The symbols on his robes flash and a blue aurora forms around him. He yells a battle cry through his rage.

Schostas: "BY THE POWER OF THE LATE QUEEN, I SHALL KILL THEE, EVIL MONSTER!!!!! YAH!!!!!!"

His sword flashes a red color and begins pulsing with some sort of energy. Most of the others in the room stop fighting and stare as his rage turns almost demonic and he begins to move faster than the eye can see. They don't see any of the actual sword swings. They only see pieces of the creature falling off and acid flying everywhere. When the acid hits him, it doesn't burn into him, as it should. Instead, it turns into a puff of smoke and vaporizes each time.

Shadow Wolf joins in and starts doing the same thing at the same speed. They look so much alike while fighting that you would think they are brothers or colleagues of the starts fighting arts. The creature, between the two of them is slowly being reduced to fleshy pieces on the ground. Soon it will be dead.

Suddenly the dryads pass out from overstrain in a high-pitched screaming fit and the worm regains its movement once again.

OOC: The dryads aren't dead; they just passed out from lack of energy and too much strain. Let's kill this creature now. The battle went on for long enough.

[ Saturday, November 08, 2003 18:24: Message edited by: Sherlock Holmes - MSW ]

--------------------

Pages