Pet Peeves

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Pet Peeves
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #25
Police officers? Princess Ruth?

EDIT:

- Dogs in general.
- Fasttalk.
- The word "anywho".
- Crackles in downloaded music.
- Good music with bad lyrics.
- Simple Plan.
- Car radios playing really loud music on really bad stations, such as
- Fly 92 and
- Kiss.
- Procrastination.
- Bad computer games with good graphics.
- Good computer games with bad graphics.
- Shoutouts.
- Those hats that look like they're from the early 1900's, yet are now a part of punk fashion.
- Long curly hair on short guys.
- Short hair of any kind on women (short = above chin).
- Really long posts.

[ Tuesday, June 17, 2003 17:04: Message edited by: iDavid ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #26
Most of the ones I've encountered are completely neurotic and tight-arsed. Obviously it's part of their job, but God. Just because you're in your early twenties and driving a rental car at one in the morning they assume you're pissed. And a friend of mine got busted with a joint, and they acted like she'd commited a crime worse than murder, shoving her and interrogating her and that. Another person I know, he's six foot four, black, wears a long black trenchcoat, he was walking with his little girl out on some freezing day and he got stopped by a police car. Obviously they aren't all like that, but policemen always seem to pick on the poor and the young, therefore my friends and I are good candidates for victims of their abuse. The profiling is just too much.

[ Tuesday, June 17, 2003 17:15: Message edited by: Nye ]

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #27
I assume that it's purely coincidental that most crimes are commited by those who are poor, young, or both? (Mostly young, I've been told.) Not that I agree with police officers being biased against the poor and young, not at all, but really, you can't blame them... anyway, back to pet peeves.

- Orange and black bugs.
- Screwed up printers.
- School PCs.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #28
Fools.
Drawbridgers.
The juvenile.
Those without a gift for realizing the obvious.
Authoritarians.
Those who have read Rand's works and think apeing her dumb-assed political views makes them suppressed geniuses.
Earnest links to Protestwarrior.
Those who believe an inexact translation which predates the printing press of an even more inexact translation of a work written 4000 years ago is accurate to the letter.
Those who take the above view yet leave room in Revelations to call Catholicism the devil.
Labels, but not the sort you put on tupperware.
Overhyped games.
Big band music.
Freeform jazz.
The wanton ignorant.
Those who believe themselves to be clever without any collaborating evidence
People who give advice without knowing what they're talking about.
My extended family's skill at getting gifts.
Codependents who expect you to be like them.
Young violinists.
Extremists of every stripe.
Young-earthers.
Hypocrites.
Fickle friends.
Phobia of the little-known.
People who take the english language so seriously.
People who should fall under the above but don't.
Paper.

[ Tuesday, June 17, 2003 17:32: Message edited by: La Mort ]

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
Shock Trooper
Member # 3026
Profile #29
Many crimes are commited by the young, yes, but that is no reason to interrogate every young person out late at night. As for the poor, sorry, what? Most crimes (and we're just talking about street crimes lke thievery, rape, murder, drug pushing, etc.) are commited, in my experience, by the insanely wealthy who have too little to do. Particularly if it involves hard drugs, rich teenagers tend to be involved.

--------------------
And this was very odd because
It was the middle of the night
- Lewis Carrol

well well well aren't we resilient

Oh the fun

Most generalizations are, unfortunately, true.
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #30
The poor are responsible for this nation's host of moral problems. Sir David has been told such by authority, and it must surely be true.

--------------------
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #31
More:
-When people pronounce "were" like "where" in an attempt to sound smart
-When people won't admit to being wrong, even when everyone knows they are

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #32
People who kill others
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #33
There's a lot to be said for people that kill others 'in a just cause'.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #34
-Those who kill good jokes, sneak into the cemetary in the middle of the night after the funeral, dig them up, revive them, and kill them again.

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #35
Begin each of these sentence fragments with "I am annoyed by..."

Liberals. Communists. Short posts. Banana bread. Meat jello. People who cringe at the mention of Ayn Rand. People who get insanely angry at the mention of Ayn Rand. People who make fun of people who beleive that some of what Ayn Rand has to say could indeed perhaps maybe on a random given Sunday be true, if you'd allow her thoughts that much leeway. Believing what you support is right and just, only to find out that the supposed facts you've been basing your views on are in fact completely wrong. Posts without linebreaks, much like this one. People who are smart enough to speak English correctly, but don't do it out of spite. People who do things out of spite. Spiteful people who will not befriend me merely on a matter of principle. People who base their lives on the principles of others. People who let their principles stand in the way of reason. Reasonable people with all the wrong principles. When the music book I am reading from decides to turn it's own page when I'm not looking so I get completely lost and have to start a few measures back to regain control of the piece. 5 years of preperation to a competition only to experience playing on the worst piano in existence (although everybody else at the competition had to play on it too, but still...) and thus not even being worth honorably mentioned. Bad pianos. Out of tune pianos. Bad pianists. Out of tune pianists. Starting a piece thinking it sounds nice only to find out it sounds awful near the end. Too many interperetations of the same piece. Giving credit to "experts" when the only difference between you and they is about 30 odd years of rotting. People who try to put things in a good light by naming them differently, such as naming old people "aged" or handicapped people "physically challenged." [Don't start this with "I am annoyed by"] We are who we are, and putting a different word to the fact won't change anything. People who complain, although I'm guilty of that more often than not. Long books that get boring after the first three pages. Shakespeare literary critics. Literary critics. Movie critics. Musician critics. The Clinton Administration. Hillary Clinton, especially, because she's becoming less married to Bill and more married to the idea of a "loving wife who's had a raw deal in life and is oppressed and misfortunate but is struggling in an elitist society to win against the mean conspiring Republicans, conservatives, and Communist nazi eskimos [props to Wierd Al]." Che Guevara, but only because he's got that ugly goatee. Misplacing things and finding them only after I need them. School computers. The school's computer administrator, who swore at me for the length of about one minute because my account got messed up due to the 2 megabyte limit on our accounts, which, being in a c++ class and actually needing that much space to save my programs, I filled up somewhat quickly. Internet cookies, because they shouldn't exist. 1337 H4X0Rs, when they aren't just pretending. Bad RPers. People who claim there's a conspiracy when there really isn't one. Desperance, solely because of the ugly layout. My moniter, which flickers when I use the pencil sharpener next to it. My moniter, which flickers slightly less when I'm not using the pencil sharpener next to it. My room, for not cleaning itself up when I mess it up with stacks of paper and other odds and ends. My school's parking lot, for looking more like a Lexus/Mercedes dealership than a place where high school students park. People getting too frisky with eachother in the middle of a public space, "too frisky" meaning a cross between cannabalism and GET-A-ROOM. The movie theaters, for playing movies that are worth paying for about twice a year, and for playing movies that are worth watching just about never. Cable TV, for providing one more channel that I would watch were I to get it. Sattellite TV, for providing only 3 more channels that I would watch were I to get it. TIVO, because my friend has it and I don't. Ezboard. Popup adds. Mail spam. Spam. Spam (the "edible" kind). Jellyfish, because I'm always scared of them stinging me. The number 5, because, thanks to Stareye's hypothosis, I've realized it appears absolutely nowhere in science. e, for being a stupid constant that's used way too much for it's own good. People against genetically engineered plants, because I could never believe for an instant that they have any idea what the implications of such technology really are. People against stem cell research, much for the same reason. People scared of scientists. People who beleive scientists are an elitist bunch irrelevant to society. People who don't like mathematics, because math is beauty, and physics is the manifestation of that beauty. Squaresoft, for making a movie more boring than watching paint dry on to a growing blade of grass. And me, for not being able to think of anything else that annoys me.

EDIT: And finally, what simply scares me to hell and back, is that Thuryl has the highest score of anyone besides myself on my friend test.

[ Wednesday, June 18, 2003 06:57: Message edited by: Sir Motrax of Exile ]

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #36
quote:
X:
There's a lot to be said for people that kill others 'in a just cause'.
Okay, people who kill others for fun or because they want to. You know, mass murderers, not cops and all.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #37
I can think of plenty of cases where killing in a just cause would be fun.

*cracks knuckles*

My various gripes can be broadly divided into 3 categories. I'm not going to share them with you in their entirety because
a) I can't remember them all
b) I'll get bored
c) you'll get bored
d) my computer would freeze as I finished typing
e) I've got no wish to show you just how petty I really am.

The 3 categories are these:
1) Things that irritate me because I'm a self-important pedant
2) Being noticed
3) Not being noticed

--------------------
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned
I'll tell you my story, man
Though I wish I'd never been born
I'm loose at the seams,
I've broken my dreams
And my hand it shakes the pen
Come on, come on now baby,
Let the good times roll again
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #38
quote:
Bob Mk2:
I can think of plenty of cases where killing in a just cause would be fun.

*cracks knuckles*

My various gripes can be broadly divided into 3 categories. I'm not going to share them with you in their entirety because
a) I can't remember them all
b) I'll get bored
c) you'll get bored
d) my computer would freeze as I finished typing
e) I've got no wish to show you just how petty I really am.

The 3 categories are these:
1) Things that irritate me because I'm a self-important pedant
2) Being noticed
3) Not being noticed
I meant killing other people because they feel like it or get a thrill out of it, not the sarcastic way.
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #39
There's that commercial with a fan that malfunctions during the hot, hot summer. And a background song plays along perfectly well. And the ad encourages you to buy this other type of electric fan that won't fail you. I absolutely hate the song! The imagery makes my insides go dry.

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #40
Alec, once again I ask you to simply shut up. Nye, I said that because of an article I saw in the newspaper, which I actually misread, so sorry about that. However, if you will take a look at the first thing in small text at http://www.korpios.org/resurgent/L-CJSpoor.htm you will see that many poor people were in prison... anyway, I got confused, I guess the article I read said something about how many are caught and all that, not how many actually commit crimes. Anyway... the young part, though, can't argue with that.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #41
The thing I hate the most on TV: THAT BANK OF AMERICA COMMERCIAL!!! The retarded lady shouldn't work if she doesn't plan on spending the money she earns.

--------------------
I get energy from your jealousy. Ever wonder why I'm so hyper?

The Abyss Scenarios, Forums, Graphics...
E-Master's Graemlins Come take a look.
Miscellaneous Get to the closed misc. forums!
Where's Waldo? Can you find Waldo in less than a minute? *Evil Grin*
End of World Da end is coming!
Erudite*
Member # 3042
Profile #42
Oh, thanks to some really dumb people in my P.E. class, I now have another major pet peeve:
-havning to play badminton with idiots

--------------------
The Club of All
Chance Forums
I was once member #2475, but then my account was deleted because of a bug.
Post count=406+whatever it says below.
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #43
Pet peeves of mine...
1. People who talk just to hear the sound of their own voice.
2. Packaging noodles
3. Grammar and spelling Nazis (people who jump down your throat for the slightest error and enjoy doing it)
4. "l33t" talk. The inventor of this is on my list of people I would kill if I had a time machine.
5. Skilled artists who say they suck in front of people they are far superior to (myself)
6. People who are organized. These people are only afraid to look for things.
7. Left handed scissors.
8. The way they always record TV commercials at twice the volume as the show you're attempting to watch.
9. Dogmatic "You're wrong because I'm right and therefore you have nothing worth listening to" Atheists / Christians / Muslims / Jews / Buddhists / Hindus / Shintoists / Pagans / Satanists / Cultists / whateverists. Keep your beliefs but let others have theirs.
10. Being all inclusive to be politically correct.

--- Your perpetually peeved maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Sanity is a relative concept. And like most my relatives, I rarely see it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." ~ Albert Einstein
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #44
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Motrax of Exile:
...Che Guevara, but only because he's got that ugly goatee...
Let me introduce you to my good friend Ramon Benitez (at left):

IMAGE(http://134.76.60.77/cgs/images/cgs_img_112.jpg)

PS: Ayn Rand is psychotic.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #45
Ayn Rand was psychotic, thank you God.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 2128
Profile #46
quote:
- All those people who think my religion is a cult. It isn't.[/QB]
Whats your religion?
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #47
I'd tell that and this whole thread would fall into a chaos.
Therefore I'll remain silent.

--------------------
Ah! My Homepage - In Finnish and English
Geneforge - The Maps
My Elfwood Gallery - Stories I've written in english
The WALL - Forums in Finnish
Waiting for medication. I could really use some.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #48
It annoys me when people remake threads that were closed for a reason, when people do dumb things and then wonder why they get screwed over, and when the difficulty in a game decides to all show up at once to visit me. :P

[ Thursday, June 19, 2003 02:48: Message edited by: Imban ]
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally posted by Iolanda:
quote:
- All those people who think my religion is a cult. It isn't.
Whats your religion?

Just look up "list of cults" on Google :P

You'll find it there, along with lots of other religions that also aren't cults (the people who make lists like that seem to define "cult" as "small religion that isn't ours")

--------------------
Grammar wenches beware:
This is the house that the malt that the rat that the cat that the dog that the cow that the maiden that the man that the priest that the cock that the farmer kept waked married kissed milked tossed worried killed ate lay in.

My Website
desperance.net - Leave your sanity at the door

Pages