Why?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Why?
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #25
I made it up. There's only one place online I don't use it, because I noticed that someone else there had a very similar name already.

It's kind of weird, though, because people are starting to call me my online name in real life, if they talk to me a lot by IM or met me online first.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #26
Tyranicus is still the kind of name that screams stupid fantasy cliche villain. Don't you forget it!

—Alorael, who will thank you not to make him feel even more inadequate about his IQ. And he's not really all that sure that Spiderweb is more white and more male than most forums. It's neither the femalest (steaming pools notwithstanding) or the nonwhitest, but there are surely worse forums. There are probably White Male Supremacy forums out there somewhere...
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #27
Kelandon was a character in a story I wrote once. He was neither the main character nor a character with whom I particularly identified — in fact, he might've been the guy in the story with whom I least identified — but he was the only major charcter with a made-up name, and I wanted a pseudonym, because it seemed like the notable members of the community often went by one.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Protocols of the Elders of Zion:

(Note to self: update Pseudohistory.)

Notes to self:

- Finish Eye of the Storm
- Post in Mountain of Shadows
- Betatest Rhapsody in Blue

:P

---

Edit: Tyranicus, amazingly, has made it past the period when I thought "Tyranicus? Gosh, what a stupid name this noob has" and into the phase of "Tyranicus? Yes, what about him?"

[ Monday, February 05, 2007 00:21: Message edited by: The Sorcerer ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Dollop of Whipped Cream
Member # 391
Profile Homepage #29
:P

--------------------
"Tyranicus is about the only one that still posts in the Nethergate Forum." —Randomizer
Spiderweb Chat Room
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #30
Thralni. Seems obvious, no?

It isn't.

in my scenario I have this character called "Thralni." I liked the idea of having a descendent of Thralni of the first expedition. After that, I had some questions for Jeff about scripting and such, and he forwarded me to the SW boards. As I had to pick a name, I picked the main character of my scenario: Thralni.

In summary: Thralni is NOT the guy of the first expedition, but the guy of WtRM.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #31
From a movie title. I had recently watched it and decided "that's me".

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #32
Current moniker because now I have a job - sort of. I'm at a workshop, learning about crafting and stuff. Occasiocal clothes, some pillows... today I spent some four hours reupholstering some chairs. It was actually quite fun. I got to use a kind of a nailgun! :P

Riibu, though, well. That's just an internet nickname I decided to use since I didn't want to use my real name, but something like it. Don't know why Riibu, exactly, I could've used many other different letterings for it, but... meh. :\ 's a good name. I'm happy with it.

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Apprentice
Member # 6885
Profile #33
Hello all,

My handle comes from a song by RUSH (yes, I'm a huge RUSH fan... sue me)

It's from Didacts and Narpets (part of The Fountain of Lamneth). Both words are anagrams:
Didacts = Addicts
Narpets = Parents

And yes, I'm a parent... so it suits me :)

narpet

--------------------
May all your hits be crits!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #34
I like the idea of magic, and I needed a screen name for a message board about fantasy RPGs, so I chose The Sorcerer. Then we switched from the Ikonboards, and I decided to change to something with my real name in it.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #35
Well, when one utilizes three different names...
Here goes...

Lenar Labs was the devolution of a story idea that I had a while ago (one, incidentally, that I recently picked back up) involving a character named Maxor Lenar, who had a lab.
Two out of the three of us involved in LL right now (yes, there are three. the other one isn't interested in BoA) had applied the moniker to random gaming and fanfic ventures for a while, before eventually choosing it to identify ourselves as BoA designers. The third member, who identifies herself as Wulf and primarily does our concept sketching, came later.

The characters of Lord Grimm and the Silent Assassin were developed through two entirely independant means:
Grimm was originally developed as the antagonist of a short story in which he chased a starfighter pilot who didn't really die (there was a typo in the paperwork).
The Silent Assassin was the result of a late night game of parcheesi in which a stalwart team of adventurers competed against "The Not-So-Greatful Undead." All that matters is that the skeleton in the odd helmet had expressive eyes.
The two came together because the Silent Assassin thought that they made the perfect odd couple.
We ended up using the pseudonyms at about the same time as the Lenar Labs name.

IMAGE(http://photos-210.ak.facebook.com/ip005/v22/66/76/141300885/n141300885_30194210_4099.jpg)

And for the benefit of our muffin friend, IQ does not entail wisdom, nor necessarily knowledge.
It's spelled "flaming"; stop making a fuss. You don't even have to change it in your moniker, just don't make a big deal out of it.
I personally find "flamming" more visually interesting than "flaming".

--------------------
The Silent Assassin rather enjoys the part of the Silent Assassin.
When else would it be perfectly acceptable to purloin everyday household items and turn them into devices of mass chaos?

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #36
Drew is the nickname of my first name. When I started posting here originally, I went by my full name: Andrew Miller. This was abbreviated to "AM," and then I decided just to go with Drew.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #37
quote:
Originally written by Now With Responsibility:

Riibu, though, well. That's just an internet nickname I decided to use since I didn't want to use my real name, but something like it. Don't know why Riibu, exactly, I could've used many other different letterings for it, but... meh. :\ 's a good name. I'm happy with it.

So the resemblance to your real name is coincidence? :)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #38
Flamming-Spamming. By the way, his brother might have scared him off.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #39
quote:
Originally written by The Sorcerer:

So the resemblance to your real name is coincidence? :)
quote:
Originally posted by Riibu:
That's just an internet nickname I decided to use since I didn't want to use my real name, but something like it.
The answer to your question is "no". :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #40
Hey! That was also the answer to the question whether tiredness makes me read posts only superficially.

What a coincidence!

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #41
Tullegolar is a name passed down to me from my father, who got it from his father. In our ancient tongue, it means, 'star hammer.' My grandfather chose the name to replace his slave name after forging his kingdom through battle. In those days he used a mighty hammer, which he claimed harnessed the magic of the stars, hence the name. Since then, the hammer itself was melted down to make my steel crown when I decided to upgrade myself from king to emperor. The origin of the name was almost forgotten, remembered only by myself and my close inner council of eunuchs, whom call upon the spirits of my ancestors from time to time.

--------------------
You lose.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #42
I wasn't scared off, I had school. And I am the kind of person who realizes his arrogance and learns from his stupidity(like I am right now).
Also my name was actually out of the blue.
Edit- what do peaple mean by "spamming"?

[ Monday, February 05, 2007 17:32: Message edited by: Infernal Flamming Muffin ]

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.
Muffins n' Hell. Note that revisions of the first part is down the list.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #43
Spam is annoying and meaningless posts. Spamming is frequently making annoying and meaningless posts (or worse, topics). Don't do it.

Dikiyoba.
Infiltrator
Member # 4826
Profile #44
Remember: Short Pointless Annoying Message.

I started this account with my friend. We were playing Geneforge 1 all the time, and he had this name-ranking system with his drayks. First they were named Fire Blasts. After their first kill, they were Fire Breath. After their second kill, they were Fire Shards until they died. Unconcerned with capitalization or spaces, we named our account "fire_shards251."

Later, after my friend got sick of posting, I updated this to Fire Shards. During a long period of time where I never posted, I playfully changed my name to "and 1,000,000,000 wanderer(s)" so it would show up when I browsed the forum but I wouldn't actually post under it. I didn't know then that I wouldn't be able to get my moniker back, so when I realized that, I changed my name to Shard of Fire. Then I decided I would do a moniker-changing theme where I always had my PDN be an element in a basically impossible or strange form. Thus, Slice of Water, Sliver of Air, and Gust of Ice.

My story is told. The chronology might be messed up a little, though.

--------------------
Bring back TM or [i]DIE.[/i]

To spread the hype, as well as cause your crush's name to appear on the screen, copy this into your signature.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #45
Well, back in the day, it seemed natural as hydrogen gas to turn 'Robin' into something more techno-cool, like 'Robinator'. Many years past. Then, after a production of 'Anything Goes', I got a "Beefcake Scholarship" award——in reference to my beefy and rippling muscles——for stripping shirtless backstage.

And then one thing led to another.

--------------------
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck.

'Spiderweb Software' anagrammmed: 'Word-bereft A**wipe'
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #46
quote:
Originally written by Infernal Flamming Muffin:

Well what does it mean huh
(besides, you all know what I mean)

IQ-118
Edit- I spelled it incorectly?

That would be incorrectly.

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #47
quote:
Originally written by The Absolute Value of Nalyd is Zero:

Flamming-Spamming
Well, flame isn't pronounced like spam, so it makes sense that flaming isn't pronounced (or spelled) like spamming. :P

Unless you contend that "flamming" is a contraction of "flame-spamming".

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by saunders:

quote:
Originally written by Infernal Flamming Muffin:

Well what does it mean huh
(besides, you all know what I mean)

IQ-118
Edit- I spelled it incorectly?

That would be incorrectly.

Sometimes, saunders, I wish I could marry you. :P

My name at the minute is my real-life name. And the "xx" at the end are chromosones.

My first n00bish name was "SupaNik" which is the first three letters of my name with "Supa" stuck on the end.

Sometimes I go by the name "Jimmy Dean", or "Our Frank", both of which are silly little things I find amusing.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Tullegolar is a name passed down to me from my father, who got it from his father. In our ancient tongue, it means, 'star hammer.' My grandfather chose the name to replace his slave name after forging his kingdom through battle. In those days he used a mighty hammer, which he claimed harnessed the magic of the stars, hence the name. Since then, the hammer itself was melted down to make my steel crown when I decided to upgrade myself from king to emperor. The origin of the name was almost forgotten, remembered only by myself and my close inner council of eunuchs, whom call upon the spirits of my ancestors from time to time.
In Breath of Fire, the StarHR was totally broken. No wonder you melted it down.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00

Pages