Oh my God, you just can't make this **** up.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Oh my God, you just can't make this **** up.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #150
What ever happened to good old cereal? They got some pretty healthy stuff to offer, and if you look hard enough you'll find something tasty too.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #151
I very rarely have cerial.

There you go, I haven't had it for so long that I've forgotten how to spell it.
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #152
quote:
and also started looking at the nutritional information on stuff.

Did you forget your sig?
However, I'm not fat. And I eat meat, alot. Of course I don't have much processed food. Then again my extended family isn't fat either.

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #153
If your that concerned that you're reading nutritional information you really shouldn't be eating at fast food restaurants anyway. As for those of you who are gloating about not being fat, don't forget that cholesterol will kill you too...

EDIT: This topic is almost begging for the creation of a BMI poll.

[ Sunday, July 16, 2006 17:04: Message edited by: Lt. Sullust ]

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Warrior
Member # 7067
Profile #154
Well I don't mind dying because of cholesterol when I'm ninety. :P

--------------------
"I knocked him out, but I managed to hit the reply button before he fell down."-The person behind him.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #155
How about when you're 40?

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 6108
Profile #156
Hey All,
I have to say with all certainty, yes, I myself have eaten things that would make some people cringe, but that was in my teen and early twenties,(showing my age a bit here); but that has to be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen and I used to like Hungry Man dinners at one time, but oh boy, that one takes the taco!!!
My only vice in my youth was when I was feeling low in my insecurities I would buy a Sarah Lee French Strawberry Cheesecake and eat it half frozen with a tub of thawed Cool-Whip on top, THE WHOLE THING! But like I say, I was in my youth at the time, I eat a lot better now, have to. :rolleyes: :P

--------------------
Blessed Be,
Morgaine
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #157
For me, fatness would be a gift. I'm tall 1.86 and my weight is 55 Kg. And I'm 16. You would faint if you see me naked.

And these aren't jokes. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 5483
Profile #158
quote:
I'm tall 1.86 and my weight is 55 Kg.
For those of us in the U.S. this is 6'1" and 121 lbs. to save you the conversion. This leaves you in the middle of the underweight BMI section, that is very skinny! Myself, I'm 18 and I'm 6'2" (1.88 m) and weigh 180 lbs. (82 kg) which places me in the upper half of the healthy BMI section. Unfortunately, much of that weight is concentrated in my gut and I have stretch marks. :(

--------------------
Ignorance Is bliss -Cypher (Matrix)
Don't think you can; know you can -Morpheus (Matrix)

sanity is overrated :)
Agent
Member # 6581
Profile Homepage #159
quote:
Originally written by The_Other_Guy:

quote:
I'm tall 1.86 and my weight is 55 Kg.
For those of us in the U.S. this is 6'1" and 121 lbs. to save you the conversion. This leaves you in the middle of the underweight BMI section, that is very skinny! Myself, I'm 18 and I'm 6'2" (1.88 m) and weigh 180 lbs. (82 kg) which places me in the upper half of the healthy BMI section. Unfortunately, much of that weight is concentrated in my gut and I have stretch marks. :(

You're much healty than me, I see... You lucky. And I forgotten to say that I don't have even muscles. :(

Well, I have them, but they are very, very little.

--------------------
Download Geneforge 4: Rebellion

You have 6 posts. Nobody cares what you think. - Thuryl

Wikipedia may be your friend, but UBB is not. - Dikiyoba
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #160
I'm a medium build, at my perfect weight, and I eat vegetarian, I'm only 5'7 and weigh around 150lbs. I stopped eating meat because most of it looks and tastes disgusting, and has a texture that makes me hewde.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #161
quote:
Originally written by Nepharim:

I'm a medium build, at my perfect weight, and I eat vegetarian, I'm only 5'7 and weigh around 150lbs. I stopped eating meat because most of it looks and tastes disgusting, and has a texture that makes me hewde.
Obviously, you don't eat good meat.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Warrior
Member # 7305
Profile #162
I eat no meat at all. And I'm healthier, stronger, and faster then most people I know.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #163
quote:
Originally written by Nepharim:

I eat no meat at all. And I'm healthier, stronger, and faster then most people I know.
Depending on where you live, this could just mean that the bar is set pretty low in your community. Coming from the fattest state in America, I know...

That said, my BMI borders on unhealthy, depending on which test thingy I look at... 160 lbs (72.5 kg) and 6'3" (1.91 m).

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #164
quote:
That said, my BMI borders on unhealthy, depending on which test thingy I look at... 160 lbs (72.5 kg) and 6'3" (1.91 m).

Look at more than the BMI - your scores are close to mine yet I can run 5K in 20 minutes, participate in triathalons (minis up to 1.5K swim, 40K cycle,10K run), ran a half marathon, cycle for 2+ hrs....

Not that I'm tooting my own horn, it's just that there are other things to look at. Cardio, strength (here I score badly), core body strength (better - fits my needs in rock climbing), BMI index, as was pointed out by Other_Guy how said mass is (disproportionally) dispersed over one's frame.

BMI alone is a poor indicator of health - it is a rough tool only.

[ Monday, July 17, 2006 06:51: Message edited by: Oh, the pain, the pain ]

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #165
That's the low end of healthy, not the high end. I know this thanks to disbelief followed by Wikipedia, a calculator, and understanding. I'll be getting satori any day now.

—Alorael, whose BMI is 38.7 on bad days. On good days he's considerably taller.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #166
When I was a kid, I had great abs. In middle school I did 58 sit-ups in 60 seconds.

Then I had kids.

I tried to do some crunches today... I was winded at 12. :(

I definately think it's time to start working off the left over baby fat, though.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #167
I am 6'2" and like 65-70kgs (my weight changes erratically) but when I used to be fit I was at like 80kgs but now I am just way too lazy.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #168
Look at me I'm fat blurgablurgabloo!

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #169
quote:
Originally written by Rufus Rothgard:

Look at me I'm fat blurgablurgabloo!
You're visible no matter what direction we look in, making your request redundant.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #170
You didn't catch the allusion to Heidegger in that last word.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #171
Oh dang, I just can't get over what a horrible thing that person in the link said. I am shocked to my supposedly cholesterol covered foundation. Terrible. Dang it.

Can I really have heard them correctly? I just can't believe it. Apparently stuff that good is wasted on them. I mean, do people even know how good food is these days. I know a lot of people who would've killed for stuff that great. Jeez, America is overfed. Overfed to the point of thinking that food like that is why people are fat and unhealthy.

I tells ya, worst display of American... I don't even know what.

It's like no one has ever gone a minute without eating. Maybe I'm biased, having found out first hand what starvation is but, damn. People should appreciate that food like that exists at all, and I eat TV dinners all the time. I'm healthy.

Edit: typo

[ Tuesday, July 18, 2006 02:46: Message edited by: GremlinJoe ]

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #172
quote:
Originally written by GremlinJoe:

I live a sad and lonely life.
FYT

[ Tuesday, July 18, 2006 02:09: Message edited by: radix malorum est cupiditas ]

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 1814
Profile #173
When the heck did I say that? I am far from lonely, and all the other stuff more than makes up for any sadness I may feel.

--------------------
The great light bulb converses its thoughts in a fashion most particular to its complicated nature.

Neither twenty-one nor forsaken any longer, I now stand in freedom through Jesus Christ.
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #174
FYT = Fixed Your Typo (I think), ie "This is what you should have said."

But really, a breakfast that gives you almost two and a half times your recommended daily intake of cholestorol could be dangerous to your health. Perhaps the writer of that article was a bit harsh, but you get his point - that food is majorly unhealthy.

Edit:
quote:
Originally written by GremlinJoe:

Maybe I'm biased haveing found out first hand what starvation is but, damn.
How'd that happen?

[ Tuesday, July 18, 2006 02:40: Message edited by: The Stew Boy ]

Pages