Valley of Thunder RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Valley of Thunder RP
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #130
"No, all that means is that we must be gone by morning. Go tell the others, their little leadership contest will have to wait," said Terril with a slight smirk.

"Okay, bac- hey where are you going?!" exclaimed Rey.

"That didn't sound like many. If I'm right I'm about to buy us all some time and I'll be back soon." Terril replied, slinking off into the night. If I'm wrong this is going to take even less time, just I won't be coming back

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Apprentice
Member # 76
Profile Homepage #131
-Post Deleted-

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:11: Message edited by: Warslith ]

--------------------
If life were a video game, I'd use
the cheats.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #132
OOC: MSW had specifically said humans only. sorry IMAGE(frown000.gif)

IC:
Raymond started checking supplies. They were depleted alright. 3 days of rationed bread, a beef jerky, and a dozen crackers was all the food he had left - he was fortunate to have found these people. Other than that, though, he still had 3 looted rolls of gauze and 10 shooting spears.

He did not want to be one of the patrols; if he had survived for so long, he had no reason to risk his life for another night. Nevertheless, he loaded his spear launcher and looked outside to see if everything was fine...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #133
When Raymond looked outside, the guards still there had very worried looks on their faces. He saw theat Rey was about to enter the bunker. "Is there something wrong?" Raymond asked Rey. "We may have to leave by morning. We heard two demons speaking and we heard them saying they will attack this bunker in the morning. We must either hope it's a small group and fight, or flee from this bunker by morning." Rey said.

Rey entered the bunker and started speaking. "Attention! Everyone must listen. The other guards and I overheard some demons speaking in the woods. They said they will attack this bunker in the morning. We must either stay and fight, or flee and hope we don't get caught. Do not panic! The night is still young. We have a relatively long amount of time to think."

--------------------
Entertaining songs !Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
"Did you know that the human is the only animal that preys upon itself?"
-The Squire of Gothos
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #134
OOC :
Daniel and Oskoth would be spotted early by Anees. Akhtar won't let them in, there is something out there which drove a corps officer insane or they could be scout for the enemy, nor let them in as they could be agents of the enemy.

An order from Kenthred or the leader would be necessary to make him accept Daniel and Oskoth.

If a guard leave his post, Akhtar send Anees to bring Kenthren take his place.

Alorael, Ara and FZ, looks like it is up to you to advance the story.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #135
It was always better to look on the bright side, Garath concluded. One vote wasn't bad, especially since the election got terminated early. He never trusted democracies, anyways.

He felt a head ache, suddenly, and kneeling, listened to Chaussid make his latest motivational speech.

"Right then. We need to make a run for it. But first, we must deploy some units to screen our retreat."

He expected no volunteers.

But unexpectedly even for himself, Garath put up a hand and rose, walking forwards.

"I'll do it. And I'll take Radic, Hans and Eferas with me."

The named ones squirmed a little. But he knew that they would not dare challenge his decision. Chaussid was grinning widely - he probably was glad to be rid of them. Quickly, they kitted up and stepped out of the bunker, as the rest made ready to run for the nearest goal - the temple.

Garath smiled to himself. He had always wanted an opportunity to show that demons did not exist.

OOC:
Radic and Hans are of course NPCs, though I guess they can turn out to be someone's surname. I need some expendables...

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 15:45: Message edited by: FZ ]
Apprentice
Member # 76
Profile Homepage #136
OOC: WMOB, explain why she approved my character.

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 16:25: Message edited by: Warslith ]

--------------------
the cheats.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #137
-deleted-

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 17:53: Message edited by: Wise Man ]

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #138
...Actually, "she" (who is actually male) did not approve that character. I asked. Make it a human survivor, though, or a stray adventurer, and all should be fine.

EDIT: Typo.

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 17:21: Message edited by: Lady Davida ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #139
"They are being very loud right now," Hispar announced suddenly. He wasn't sure who had helped him stagger along with the rest of the group, but he was grateful. There were very bad things abroad.

"Who are they? How are you even still breathing? If you're going to go senile, do it on someone else's time." The sergeant sounded annoyed, unsurprisingly.

Hispar growled back, the effect somewhat spoiled by the need to stop and cough blood. "Senile? A senile man would be dead by now! I am telling you that they are warning us! If anyone goes out, the demons will kill them, and then they will come in and kill us as well."

Garath rolled his eyes. "I don't believe in mystical voices, and I do believe in surviving." The shaman gave him another hard look, then shrugged.

"Just as well. I can't heal myself with you in here screaming so loud that I can barely hear the spirits."

"He's a loony!" someone whispered. Hispar ignored it. He did need to heal himself, or he would be no good at all for when the spirits gave their directions. It was their strength that had kept him alive in the trap, and he knew he should give proper thanks if he did not become one of them very soon.

?Alorael, who never meant to imply that he was leaving the RP, just to clarify. Some people just don't know how to handle suicidal, dying characters. Really.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #140
"Well, since we're in this relatively safe bunker...does anyone know how to heal my hand? It's really starting to sting. It may get worse. And I've been noticing it's really bleeding." Rey looked and the bandages on his right hand. The bandages were nearly red. "I'm feeling very woozy..." Rey then fainted from blood loss.

OOC: That's likely to happen when a hand that has been pierced past the bone is not given proper medical attention.

[ Tuesday, June 15, 2004 18:55: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 200 computers: read more!
-The Squire of Gothos
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #141
Kenthred strides into the bunker, having momentarily been relieved.

"We're leaving? We're leaving a heavily fortified position in order to go attack another fortified position and we're going to split up to do this?"

He sees Hispar and Rey, the latter already having new bandages put on by some kind soul. "And we're going to do it whilst we've got walking wounded? If they were seriously injured, I'd be happy to give them a spear and leave them here. But either of these two can be saved. We don't have a healer, but we've got enough people with basic priestly or medical abilities to at least stop their condition declining."

"If Hispar has a day of marching, I don't believe he'll wake up tomorrow morning. Even if he does he'll probably have pneumonia within a few days. And Rey needs rest too. We've got to stabilise his condition. I've got some herbs in my bag that might help him with pain, but he's still going to need to lay up for at least a day."

"You can leave if you like but if you're going to do that you're going to make proper barricades for the bunker so we can defend it."

"And if you try to come back in, I'll kill you. Run along, children."

Kenthred walks to over to take a closer look at Hispar and Rey then stalks out back to his place on the perimeter.

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #142
IC: Shirr-Uth was pleased. The armors had worked. He had done something of importance. Now he was just sleeping in the shadows, invisible.

Suddenly the red-robed man, who had scried the maze before, entered the dream. He was seemingly looking for something. It took a while, but then he found whatever he was looking and hit it with his staff. "Ow!" Shirr-Uth yelled and rose up.

"Ah, there you are", said Eferas. "I can awaken immediatly if I want. You don't need to hit me to my head!" responsed Shirr-Uth angrily. "It's hard to aim invisible creatures, you know" said Eferas.
"Why did you look for me? I don't have anything to tell you anyway." shouted Shirr-Uth, holding his head. "Just out of curiosity. I haven't seen many things which become invisible immediatly after they fall asleep. Is it a magical trick or what? It could be usefull to me, though, as I'm a frail old man. If I could turn invisible unconsciously, I'd be sure that know one disturbed me without a proper reason" Eferas told. "It's natural. I can't teach you. And if you don't mind, I'll start sleeping again" Shirr-Uth responsed, and sat on the floor. "And it can be unpractical at times, too." Eferas realized that the dreamer wouldn't answer to his questions anymore, and got back to the other adventurers. Shirr-Uth sarted sleeping again.

In his dream he saw the bunker from outside. He felt how a field of force followed his every step. Suddenly, he heard himself say: "A dreamer? Inside the bunker? Hahaha! I feel you, and I'll be coming for you. And for your pesky friends."

Shirr-Uth woke up. "Something is coming towards the bunker!" he yelled. "Relax. We'll check it in the morning" Rey said. "No. This is something different. I felt a terrible surge of power..." said Shirr-Uth with a worried sound. Few other adventurers fixed their attention on him. "Is it demon? Should we prepare for a fight?" someone said. "No, it isn't a demon" Shirr-Uth said. "And whatever it is, it knows that I'm here..."

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #143
"Thanks a whole lot, Garath." Eferas was grouchy. Being volunteered involuntarily for what could at any moment turn out to be a suicide mission were the kind of thing that ruined Eferas' day.

Hesitantly, he stepped outside the bunker, outside Garath.

"Remember that, if we should come across any of these... illusions... I shall have to properly... remove them so they won't be a nuisance anymore. That's a perfectly normal process. No magic involved, not at all." For all the good it did, he might as well try to make it easier for himself.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 04:25: Message edited by: Arancaytar ]

--------------------
Visit The Santharian Dream and its RP board. Or the Encyclopaedia Ermariana!
Got a brain? Go to Polaris!
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
To a conspiracy for downfall and desperance
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey (freely translated)
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #144
OOC: Woah, wait. So now I can't enter the bunker? Then, how will I or MSW be able to interact with the other people? I'm getting utterly confused as to what happened to both my character and MSW's...

SIS, please. There has got to be a way of letting them in, so that way I can start interacting with other people... I'm fine and all with Oskoth, but jeez, I wanted to help Rey out with his hand and all!

Egh... well, someone needs to IC something about us before I can post again, so I'll just wait.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #145
OOC :
Tommy, you just have a small obstacle to bypass before entering. You can threaten to shout to bring demons here, ask me to let you in until I decide to ask Kenthren what I should do, maybe try another entry, temporarily blind me with a light spell...

I suppose MSW will do the next IC if he comes at the same time as usual.

EDIT : Or maybe not, he must have much to do in his new home. Good luck to him.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 09:52: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #146
There they are. What are they waiting for?

Terril had been trailing the demons for about half an hour. His suspicion was right - there were only two of them.

One was big - almost half Terril's height again. With claws that could split a man's head without a second thought.

But something was wrong; something had them... scared. So scared that they were practically hiding in the foliage. Ah, what do I care? Makes it easier to sneak up on them.

Slowly circling round to the right, he only caught a glimmer of... something before the screams of the demons cut out everything. Frightened like he had never been - of the demons' piercing and unholy cry and of that unknown thing - he turned from the scene and ran.

Running through the forest, he only had one intent - to get back to the bunker; the bunker where it was safe. Leaping over ditches and ducking under low-lying branches, he occaisionally caught a, a glimmer almost of it behind him. Making the mistake of turning his head slightly, he missed the root infront of him and tripped.

Scrambling to get up, he just managed to pull himself onto his feet before it leapt - leaving him with the sole image of huge claws, before it all faded to black.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Apprentice
Member # 76
Profile Homepage #147
OOC: Oops, I thought u were talking about sherlock holmes. (I'm bad with abbreviations) Anyhow, If you were, sorry for getting the wrong gender. And if you weren't, Sherlock approved my character, but I'll make some changes to it. Hope this isn't too powerful a character.

IC: "There: You'll be fine in a few days," said a man in preist's robes to Rey as he put the finishing touches to the bandage. Thendran wasn't your ordinary cleric, the longsword with strange runes inscripted on it at his side proved that. He had joined up with this band to continue his work: slaying hellspawn. He had trained for many years, but had only ever killed three imps. He still couldn't believe that his HaakaiDestroyer master let him have this assignment out of all the more worthy and higher-ranked priests that he had to choose from. This assignment was a paradise for a HellSlayer Cleric. He hoped he would make the step in rank from ImpSlayer to DemonKiller by the end of this mission.

OOC: Actually, I changed quite a lot of my character IMAGE(smile000.gif)

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 10:09: Message edited by: Warslith ]

--------------------
the cheats.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #148
Kenthred wandered back in.

"If anybody's still curious about the blood eagle, they might want to take a look at Eurand (OOC: The fourth guard, in the spot that nobody wanted to fill.) It's not a particularly professional job, so I doubt it was the corpsman. Whoever it was has an artistic bent though, since he was hanging from a tree too."

"Oh, and it probably wasn't a demon. He was dead before they went for the lungs, so they were choosing stealth over style, and the only wounds he has are the ones in the neck, near the spine and a couple of cuts to the lungs. All with a knife. Doesn't sound like any demon I know."

"Sounds more like it was one of this group. Probably not somebody who's done it before and I think the damage to the lungs was accidental, so presumably they were nervous."

"Before anybody moves, we're going to need an explanation."

--------------------
"I particularly like the part where he claims not to know what self-aggrandisement means, then demands more wing-wongs up his virgin ass"
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #149
"The burning wings are inefficient and gruesome. For style, the Corps goes with the thousand cuts, and for stealth, a brain hit from behind. Not my work or that of the man in the woods. Whoever did it is probably among us, and they'll probably get away with it. And if he didn't see what he got coming, he deserved it."

--------------------
They want to have a war to keep their factories
They want to have a war to keep us on our knees
They want to have a war to stop us buying Japanese
They want to have a war to stop industrial disease
They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind
They want to suck your energy, incarcerate your mind
Give you Rule Brittania, gassy beer, page three
Two weeks in Hispania and sunday striptease
Meanwhile, the first Jesus says, "I'll cure it soon
Abolish Monday mornings and Friday afternoons"
The other one's out on hunger strike, he's dying by degrees
How come Jesus gets industrial disease?

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #150
"Thank you...uhhhh...what was your name again?" Rey said to Thendran. "My name is Thendran. And you're welcome." Thendran said. Rey then drifted off to sleep.

He dreamt about a demon. At first, it looked like a grey orb of smoke. Then a shape appeared in it. It was tall, ugly, and had long vicious claws. It wore heavy armor and on it's back there was a sheathed greatsword. The demon was at least 10 feet tall, and the sword was at least half the demon's height. Its mouth then opened and it let out a long, piercing, unholy screech. Except, that part wasn't a dream. Rey was woken up by the screech which was coming from somewhere relatively nearby.

"IT KILLED MY FATHER!" Rey screamed when he woke up. "Uhhhhhh...." Rey said when everyone stared at him. "That thing that just screeched...I recognize that screech. I think it was the creature that killed my father long ago."

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:08: Message edited by: Zephyr Tempest ]

--------------------
-The Squire of Gothos
Apprentice
Member # 76
Profile Homepage #151
OOC: Oh no!! A ten-inch tall demon with a 5-inch long sword! IMAGE(biggrin1.gif) ...You might wanna change that Zephyr. IMAGE(wink0001.gif)

IC: Thendran drew his sword and started for the door. Looking outside, he saw the demon chasing after Eurand's replacement. As he watched, the demon caught up to the man and chopped him in half with one swing of its sword. "This is serious. That seems to be a Mung Demon," he said, and sure enough, a mist was eminating from the demon, cutting off his magic.

OOC: Just some basic healing magic as well as some anti-demon spells

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 11:08: Message edited by: Warslith ]

--------------------
the cheats.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #152
IC :
Akhtar heard Kenthred report Eurand's death. That was bad, he knew him a little and knowing that his death was a human's work wasn't something he was confortable with.

Then he heard explanations and knew he was going to have to convince the other of his innocence.

He quickly started a list of what he should tell :

"Have you ever killed someone?" The answer is yes, I was just defending himself but still...

"Have you ever done a blood eagle?" Again, the answer is yes, I practised on small mammals. Yes will be a sufficent answer, no need to be seen as cruel.

"Did you enjoy killing?" I don't know, I really don't know. There was something great in the way the eyes were looking through me, a sensation of power and also, a subtle impression of fear. But if I am asked I will answer that I don't know, I am not good enough with words to make me understood.

Akhtar started patting Anee's head.

"Who do you think did it?" I don't know. I need to think about it. It could be the insane man's job or Terril's. The later didn't come back. I doubt he had time to do it when he made Rey move but I don't know. It could also be Chadussid or Kethren way to bring dissension in the group.

I will try to think of other answers and questions. I'd better be prepared.

He knew he couldn't have done it since he remained faithful to his post but didn't saw any way to prove it. He hoped the guilty would admit what he did but didn't really count on it.

OOC :
Warslith, your char seems better to me, especially if we suppose that the priest the king sent with us belonged to the same order. However, demons seems to be really rare (almost inexistant) in this world so it would be either a secret group or a sect, great personality potential.

ZT, demons which have spend probably a lot more than a millenia in a sealed cave are unlikely to use a language you can understand. Even after making your char almost useless as a warrior(if you get your hand pierced to the bone, even with metalic gloves, you won't be able to use it for at least a month without magic, even if we halve this... Also your char is trained to fight with a sword and shield, using a sword is very difficult, trying to use the non dominant hand makes you dangerous to yourself and the others), making it a demonic beacon doesn't sound like a great idea. If the demons are just attracted to blood, the telepathic power need to be scaled down.

To both of you, we are not in a combat rp.

EDIT : I agree with FZ if someone could make a small summary of what happen this day then we could go on.

[ Wednesday, June 16, 2004 12:42: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #153
quote:
Originally written by Warslith:

OOC: Oh no!! A ten-inch tall demon with a 5-inch long sword! IMAGE(biggrin1.gif) ...You might wanna change that Zephyr. IMAGE(wink0001.gif)

I meant feet. Sorry. I'll just use the word feet.
And the smoke radiating from the demon was originally meant to just make you feel very sick.

And SIS, Rey is not useless as a warrior. There is no such thing as useless as a warrior. Think about it. Could a crippled person still hurt someone physically? Yes, but with difficulty. Therefore that crippled person is not useless as a warrior.

And demonic beacon? If they are attracted to Rey, it's probably because they could smell his BLOOD. He's BLEEDING...if someone's hand is pierced nearly all the way through, it will definently bleed for a while.

--------------------
-The Squire of Gothos
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #154
Garath was very uncomfortable.

"I don't think any of us is as crazy as that. Don't you realise that getting us to argue amongst ourselves is exactly what an enemy would want? Unless someone saw something, which I doubt, we have no real evidence. I suggest we move on, before it happens to someone else."

"If we stay here, we get no nearer to our objective, and remain at the threat of constant attack. It's clear now that they know we are here - the only reason we have not been assaulted is because they are still weak themselves."

"I know we all had our... differences with Chaussid, but this time I think his plan is sound. We should get out of here, as soon as we can."

OOC: Plus, the plot needs to move on.

Pages