Valley of Thunder RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Valley of Thunder RP
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #316
OOC: Finally! Thanks MSW for some pretext. BTW, if Tommy, Zephyr or Slith, would actually like to do some posting that would be appreciated.

IC: Taking the initiative and distraction caused by Oskoth, the adventurers charged at the demons. Slicing in and with the help of some of the freed townspeople who attacked and then ran off again bare moments later, all that was left a minute later was some fairly unscathed adventurers and a mass of dead demons.

Terril looked up from cleaning his sword and walked over to where Loki and Daniel were bandaging up Oskoth's head, "how bad is it?"

"Not bad, just a concussion by the looks of it. He'll probably have a headache when he wakes up. Unfortunately I'm not a healer and can't really be sure," replied Daniel. He focussed on something upriver, "I take it this means Garath really was lieing."

"It looks that way. Hey! You two!"

Turning, the adventurers saw Hispar and Akhtar walking towards them. They were both dripping wet and Akhtar was carrying something in his arms - Anees.

The adventurers fears, however, were alayed by the wide smile on Akhtar's face.
Hispalgia: "Is Anees okay?"
Akhtar: "yes, yes, very worn out and little wet but he's okay. We found him holding on to a branch in the river, that's why we're so wet."
They began to relay tales of their travels to each other, when Daniel tapped Glen's arm, "what's that on fire up there?"
Terril: "eh? What's that?"
Glen: "something big is on fire up there."
Looking up towards the huge pillar of smoke rising above the treetops, Terril strained to think what he had seen on his way that could create so much flames, another forest fire? No there's no point to that. But what...? Oh -
Terril: "that's a dam! We need to get out of here!"
Daniel: "what? Why?"
Terril: "there's a dam about two miles upriver you idiot! That's what's burning! They're going to flood the town! Let's get out of here!"
Bending down, he picked up Oskoth and put him over his shoulders. "Grab his bag and stick and let's go." And hope we're not too late

OOC: Not great, barely passable, but in the interests of moving things on...

Anyway, if any of the other people in the party could do some IC, much appreciated. Thinking makes brain hurt. IMAGE(biggrin2.gif)

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3238
Profile #317
OOC: Eh, sorry for disappearing on you guys. I had currently got addicted a game, and its still not letting me go. =/ So, yeah. Thanks for keeping my character going too! Um... Daniel is a healer... but Oh well. I'm just glad to see he's still alive.

IC:
The group ran full pace down a pathway on one of the streets of Selgar. Dins of battle sprung up everywhere, the insane townspeople now racing back out to fight some more. "I never recalled a dam on any map around here!" Shouted Daniel.

"Hell, I didn't either," Replied Terril. "I would guess that the townspeople needed to drain out the surrounding areas to settle nearby the river. Now shut up and keep running," He said, trying to keep Oskoth from dropping off him.

"But," Daniel said, in a pleaing voice, "What about the townspeople? Shouldn't we save them as well?" Terril continued to run, unable to answer the question.

The party reached the exit of Selgar when all Hell broke loose. A distant explosion was heared, and the vibrant fire on the horizon disappeared. Some of the demons in the town were racing for their lives out, ignoring the townspeople now. As some of the humans cheered, a loud rush of water could be heard in the distance...

"...My god..." Uttered Glen. Anees whimpered.

OOC: It is night time, right? Also... I hope you don't mind, but I sotra destroyed the Dam. If there is anything wrong concerning characters, plots, loopholes of some sort, I'll be glad to go right on and delete my post. Oh, and sorry its so short.

--------------------
"Friendship is two things: Trust, and sharing. I personally see it as a business opportunity."
-Random Quote

Newage3 - Insanitatious Fun in a Browser!
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #318
OOC: Yeah, I think blowing up the dam's okay. If not we can just have some posts that aren't in chronological order. But anyway, what is the time of day? I didn't think it was night. I was more under the impression of early to mid-afternoon. BTW, which game? Anywhoo, no IC at the mo, brain is not functioning in a creative manner and so anything really would be pants.

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #319
OOC: It is around noon. I made it clear that it was late morning in my earlier post where I was heading for the vault after re-entering the town. I don't know where you got the impression that it was night.

[ Tuesday, July 27, 2004 11:37: Message edited by: Sir Sherlock Holmes In Love ]

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #320
OOC : It seems I need to precise it, Akhtar is an undead now. His body floats down the river and his existence is confined in a parallel valley. I will try to post an IC tomorrow.

[ Tuesday, July 27, 2004 10:33: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #321
Jay and Shirr-Uth were lucky to get far enough from the river before the dam broke. But it wasn't the fire wich broke it.

"What was that? The dam just can't explode like that itself!" Jay said. "Nope. And I'm pretty sure it wasn't demon either. The dam was burning already, and they don't like to waste their magical powers" Shirr-Uth replied. "But what else could it be?" Jay asked and leaned on a burned tree. Shirr-Uth sat down and sighed. "It doesn't matter. Selger will be drowned anyway. We'll just have to hope that others got out in time."

Jay followed his companions example and sat down. Finally they had a chance to rest, why to waste it? Only then Jay realized that Shirr-Uth was unarmed. "Why don't you have any weapons with you? I suppose it would be easier to fight demons with them?"

Shirr-Uth looked at his companion. "I lost them when I left the bunker. And I can assure that I am quite deadly even without them." "Whatever" Jay said and closed his eyes. "You can have the first shift." Jay fell asleep quickly. Perhaps it was good that way. Shirr-Uth took his armor off and started searching for injuries. His white clothes were wet from sweat. After a bright inspection he had found out that he had dozens of bruises and few small wounds. His whole body was sore. Just then he realized he still had a small sapphire necklace with him.

"Strange" he thought. "I had already forgotten about this. Wonder if it still works?" He took the necklace off and inspected it more closely. Then he scouted the nearby area. There was nothing around, not even birds. "Well, you have to take risks some times. Then, still holding the necklace in his hands, he closed his eyes...

OOC: To be continued.

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #322
Something shocked Akhtar. As he was standing in front of the mage he realized he didn't really walked nor run to him, his legs had moved but there was a void of sensation.

It was something he never experienced but somehow he recognized it and he knew :

"I am dead" said Akhtar out loud in shock and disbelief, "I am dead" repeated he, in the sad tone that comes with the knowledge of your own failure.

Then comes surprises, he thought he saw Anees dead in the river, but his four legged friend was not here, and this was strange, a dead was to enter the Fertile Deserts with his most prized possession.

[I]I am not in the Fertile Deserts![I]

As he was thinking, he had sitted down in the grass and didn't notice when the others moved.

He looked ahead and, seeing the scorched landscape he accepted that he was still in the valley of thunder.

He started hearing a voice he had long forgotten, one of the elder of the clan, telling the story of Henki Baa, having lost a bag of seeds due to its leakiness and the wind, he was condamned to put all the seeds back before entering the Fertile Deserts. Knowing it was an impossible task, he decided to attack all travelers who had a sac.

Then he hear his voice from his youth "Me, I don't fear spirits, they aren't able to hold a sword".

And the elder replied not to be too sure about it,

OOC : be continued later too.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #323
Garath watched in satisfaction, as Vor graduated to brighted shades of pale. The explosion seemed huge, even from such a distance.

"What on earth..." the scribe began, but of course, it was nothing from earth that triggered such a destruction. Such distinctions were quickly becoming academic, as a rumbling began to be heard.

It was water, a lot of water. Rushing and pounding down shallow river beds, spilling into open fields. Water wiping all away, like a foaming white hand wiping away dust. Soon it brushed into the village, and then.

Their demonic companion grabbed their attention with sharp talons.

"It is done." It said.

In all corners of the landscape, clumps of black, red and grey appeared, moving with great speed. When they got close, the two humans saw that they were demons - thousands of them. The figure spoke again, a voice filled with soft hisses.

"Now we shall all return to the cave from which we came. As witnesses, as witnesses to how you, Garath, shall with the Stone bring about the coming of our lord..."
Apprentice
Member # 4761
Profile Homepage #324
(OOC: Srry to interrupt but is this dead? It was getting quite intresting...)

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #325
...not to mention confusing. I think people just gave up. No one has posted for at least a week, so I'd presume it is no more.

--------------------
Live teh fez.
Apprentice
Member # 4761
Profile Homepage #326
So...is anyone going to start another RP...? IMAGE(biggrin3.gif)

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #327
If someone gets another idea for one, then yes.

This was quite a good RP, it's just several of the RPers just didn't post after a while and it just died off. Quite frankly we could have a go at it again from where it is...

--------------------

Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #328
Well, as my character is unconscious, I can do nothing. I was and still am waiting on Aran to post. It is his turn. I talked to a few people from the RP and they want to see it pick up again. But as some of the RPers refuse to type unless the RP is active and moving and some prefer to play games instead of brainstorming up ideas for a post, very little is going to happen. Until that attitude changes and people start working together again, it will just go on to die again.

I would like to see the people who haven't posted for quite a while post again to refresh their character. That way we can work with them in our own posts and have it make some sense without the RPers just sitting back and watching other people control their character. So let's start posting again people. Starting with Aran and perhaps Alec. I want to get Warslith and Drakey in here too along with Zephyr.

I haven't been around the site for a while because I figured there was nothing to do anymore as long as my RP was dead. Give me a reason to come back again, PLEASE.

And on a side note... I am sorry that my "what are you listening to" topic degenerated into dozens of pointless topics. If I had known it would do that, I would have never posted it.

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #329
I think Drakey might be on holiday at the moment, aswell as Alorael.

I'm busy with the PPP2 at the moment but will post as soon as I'm done with it.

--------------------

Pages