Valley of Thunder RP

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Valley of Thunder RP
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #291
Oskoth lay unconscious beside Glen, where he had lain him down. As far as the adventurers are concerned, Oskoth is worth saving, but is at the moment useless to them.

As he continues to bleed, he slowly slips into a coma. The adventures realize he needs help, but are utterly unable to do anything about it.

[ Monday, July 05, 2004 10:37: Message edited by: Sir Sherlock Holmes In Love ]

--------------------
(Looks around in the Study)
Colonel Mustard: "Just checking."
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #292
They ran their eyes quickly over his features, frozen in surprise and shock. At last their gaze settled on his eyes, and that unmistakable face.

Garath smiled. He maintained a slight look of bemusement, looked directly at the others who stood unsteadily with their weapons drawn. Outside, things had quietened down again. The demons appeared not to be following.

"Put those swords down." Garath said.

For a moment, they considered obeying him. The man had a strange hypnotic quality, a look which drained away resistance. Then they brought their blades up again, moving closer.

One of them spoke at last. "You traitor! Prepare to die!"

Garath laughed, a hoarse and harsh laugh. "You would believe the word of the demon possessed?"

"There seems to be two very clear and obvious articles of evidence standing next to you." Terril replied.

Garath shrugged. "These? These are just foolish servants. Didn't you see Chadussid control the demons with his amulet? I can too. That doesn't mean I am evil. If you know how, certain types of demons can be controlled."

They were uncertain now. Garath pressed on.

"Don't you realise that dividing and conquering is precisely what the demons want? That they would wish to silence me, because of what I may tell you?"

They lowered their swords, but only a little. "We saw you at the bunker."

"Nonsense. You saw me face up to Chadussid, before the demons abducted me. But I escaped, and that's how I can tell you some important facts."

"I don't see why we should trust you."

"Right now, you have no choice but to listen to me. Scan me, use magic if you wish. Clearly I am not a shifter, and we all know it is implausible for a man to voluntarily work for a demon - what could he offer me? You know me, you travelled with me for months... And if I was your enemy, you would be already dead. "

Garath nodded towards the demons beside him, who growled quietly.

"I will tell you the truth. Raymond, Sadith, and Sylvain were working for the demons. They were shifters, possessed. The demons sent them to us, as traps, knowing that our mission forces us to accept them. Did it not alarm you that one of them crawled out from a demon portal, and the other two have been in demonic territory for some time, and yet were unharmed?"

They nodded slowly. They have not thought of it this way before.

"Once they were among us, they managed to corrupt others. Chadussid was one. They took Eferas too, and several others. I know, because I followed them to the demon's camp. From within, they tried to destroy us, and it was fortunate that they failed. I have another secured upstairs. A madman called Vor, who may be close to the demon lord himself."

Daniel spoke up. "So what?"

"You must help me now. We must resist the demons! The shifters occupying the so-called survivors, Eferas, Chadussid, Alex, Kenthred must surely be coming, to report to the leader of the demons here. They are smart, and may be shielded to protect them from casual scans."

"You want us to kill them?"

Garath paused. "If need be. Remember this - you must not listen to their lies. Don't let them get close to you - then, they may infect you too. I'll deal with Oskoth here. Just don't take any chances. Any chances at all."

[ Saturday, July 03, 2004 16:48: Message edited by: FZ ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #293
OOC: Previous post deleted because it was too long and because everyone thought I was trying to God-Mod the RP.

IC: Oskoth continues to lie there bleeding. As Garath approaches him, Daniel stands in the way.

"You just hold on there! How do we know you aren't going to do something to Oskoth?"

"You don't. And I doubt I could say anything to convince you otherwise. However, I am afraid that you have no choice but to let me treat his wounds. I am the only one here with the capabilities to do so."

Garath tries to move around Daniel, but Daniel raises the tip of his sword to Garath's throat. Garath reaches for his knife, but Glen whips out a throwing knife and cautions him.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you. I can throw a knife faster than you can."

The demons start moving towards Glen and Daniel, but Garath waves them back just as the other adventurers raise their weapons and are about to attack.

"STOP!!! No need to defend me. If the fools want to let their friend die, then I will not stop them."

Garath backs up towards the stairs, as do the demons. Daniel bends down to check on Oskoth, as does Glen. Terill speaks up.

"We will treat his wounds. We don't want you anywhere near him. Your words were insightful and logical, but you still make me nervous. And as long as you make me nervous, I consider you a potential threat."

The other adventurers, Rey, Hispalgia, Lok, and Brant, move forward and form a line in front of Glen and Daniel as they work on Oskoth, keeping them safe from any potential attack. They both check their knapsacks and find most of the needed materials for treating his wounds. Terill bends down and checks his pack. With their combined efforts, they manage to remove the crude bolts and patch up Oskoth's wounds. They lie him down on a table with a knapsack under his head for support, as Garath and the demons look on.

[ Monday, July 05, 2004 12:47: Message edited by: Sir Sherlock Holmes In Love ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #294
OOC: I'm back.

IC: Akhtar, Hispar and Shirr-Uth were almost at Selger. Red glow had almost faded, and it was so dark they nearly couldn't see. However, they could hear the noise...

"What the hell is going on there?" Akhtar shouted. "A fight, I suppose. Anyway, if there are others in town, they're propably involved" said Shirr-Uth. "It was good that we hurried... Innocent people are dying. There is something very bad in that town" Hispar replied. "Spirits are screaming... maybe we should start running again." "I'm too tired" Shirr-Uth answered. "Leave me here, I'll follow later..." "No one gets left behind!" Akhtar said. "I saw you fight the demons. You can surely help somehow." "Only thing I can do right now is to wake someone up from coma. And that would require me sleeping, which is out of order." Shirr-Uth replied. Just then they entered the town.

It was a carnage. Townspeople were fighting each other, and the other side had some demons accompanying them. The adventurers were greatly confused of what was going on. "****! This is madness! That other side will be slaughtered. Surely we can do something for them." Akhtar said "Don't be a fool, Akhtar.This is a sad scene, but we're too tired and outnumbered" Hispar said. His face was twisted with anger and sadness. Shirr-Uth knew that seeing this was paining Hispar, especially because he could hear the voices of the dead. Just then they heard a sound of a crumbling wall...

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #295
Post removed due to SIS's post.

[ Monday, July 05, 2004 12:52: Message edited by: Sir Sherlock Holmes In Love ]

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #296
Akhtar was trying to make a knot to secure the boat on the pontoon when the wall collapsed and fell, head first, in the cold water, his hands still holding the rope, feeling the knot on the boat untiing itself.

Unable to breath, out of air, the feeling of oppression was stronger than ever (and this time, more than justified) he tried to swim to the light above him, in spite of his robe. His finger had just pierced the water's surface when a sun-hiding shadow swat his hand, making him roll a bit, loosing contact with the air.

His eyes were burning but he looked, his tears merging with the flow, at what bumped him. It was drowning, like him and to his worst despair, he saw Anees, vainly waving its legs in the water in an impossible attempt to join him.

Then all movement ceased,and soon he too couldn't move. His eyes recorded that there was no longer bubles coming out of his mouth and nostrils but he both knew and didn't. His mind was moving and so was a body he recognized as his.

He bent on the muddy earth, the water doing a pool under him and coughed all the water that had entered his lungs. His vision was blurry, his mind was dizzy, his body shaking but, gathering his anger and will, he got up and catching sight of Hispar he ran straight to him and screamed in his ears "Where is Anees? Where is my dog? Help me, please, help me. "

One minute had passed.

But now and for five days, under the surface, a corpse in a blue robe which served it as a shrood was drifting with the flow, scraping the river's bed, lifting dust and scaring a few fish. After a few days, the body floated to the surface, naked and puffy, then pushed on the banks as the river bendedand there, was jointed, not by a mighty demon nor a fierce wolf but by a vile creature, its name not even worth mentionning.

[ Monday, July 05, 2004 11:26: Message edited by: So Incredibly Sad ]

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Apprentice
Member # 4398
Profile Homepage #297
Halfway out across the river, Jay fancied he had heard a loud splash from downriver. Whipping his head to the right, he scanned the shoreline as far as he could see. There wasn't anything large and spikey barreling its way through the water, but that didn't mean something could have gotten into the river and was following him. He debated replacing the armguards to their strapped position, but opted to keep them hanging from his shoulders in case he needed to manuever through the water quickly. 'From what ?' he asked himself. Just as fast as the thought jumped into his head came another. What if there were demons in the river ? Was there even such a thing as water demons ? He didn't know. He did know that he suddenly wanted to be on the other side of the river much faster. With that in mind, he renewed his efforts on the oars. It didn't help much. The long flat bottom boats were made to be rowed by at least two, and he was rapidly tiring. He craned his neck to see how far he was from the other shore.

'Not too far now' he told himself. His heart was pounding. The sound crashed in his ears, the beats slightly faster than his rowing strokes. He used the sound to spur himself on, each pull on the oars bringing him closer to the opposite shore. It seemed to take hours, each breath labour, each heartbeat a lifetime. Finally, he heard the soft crunch of the boat bottom scraping a pebbly beach. He opened his eyes, not remembering when he had closed them. There was no sign of any persuit across the water, if there ever was one. He lifted his hands from the oars, small spliters aching in the grooves of flesh. He dunked his hands into the water on on side of the boat, the cool liquid rushing over his forarms. The armguards bumped against the side of the boat, swinging slightly in their harnesses. Jay leaned farther over, splashing cold water onto his burning face. He lifted some sand from the bottom, tiny shells and rotted wood chips falling away as he brought his hand out of the water. The corse pebbles, that made up the sand of the "beach", were underneath a raised dock. He stooped in the shadow, unable to draw himself upright because of his height. At least, thats what he would have told anyone if they had been watching. He gripped his lower back as he straightened up, pulled muscles protesting now that the rush that iminent danger brought was gone.

'Rowed too fast' he speculated. He finally straightened up, the pain lessening somewhat. He looked around. A rather flimsy looking ladder led up to the topside of the dock. He checked to make sure he had everything and reached out for the middle rung. Swinging himself around to the other side, he pulled himself to the top and looked around. Off to his left, the river took up most of his field of view. To the right was a very different scene indeed.

[ Tuesday, July 06, 2004 18:45: Message edited by: Mordrith ]

--------------------
Part of a shot contest is knowing when to say "Yeah, I'm done", and not yelling "Frrreeedom !" like William Wallace instead.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #298
Garath grimaced, and slouched into a dark corner, pulling his coat up about him. He mumbled quietly as the others bustled about Oskoth.

"Give him some peace and quiet, and he should be fine." Teril said.

Oskoth opened his mouth as though to respond, but his words were drowned by a loud bang, the shattering of glass and the roar of a sudden flame.

Garath was on his feet, shouting loudly.

"It's the demons, they must readied for an assault! No doubt Sylvain, Eferas and his friends are helping! Get out of here! Fight them, or die in here!"

Oskoth began to protest, but a second bang wrapped the side war in yellow red flames. Smoke appeared, and the room became a hell of darkness and light as the adventurers tried to unsheath swords.

"In here. Here's a side door! Get outside, fast!"

Daniel asked. "What about Oskoth?"

"One of my demons can carry him. I have a prisoner too upstairs. You go first, and draw away their fire. The other demon shall aid you. I shall follow, when it becomes clear."

A quick succession of roars and hissing from outside, and the beating noise of creatures seeking to break the shutters dissuaded further complaint. As rapidly as they could, the other adventurers opened the door, and charged out into the outside. The gate swung back, and the room was dark again.

Garath wasted no time in bolting it. Oskoth struggled to rise, but Garath's demon had already lept upon him, pinning his limbs to the ground so that the mage could neither move, nor cast a spell. He ungagged Vor from the cupboard where he was hidden. Pulling open a hidden trapdoor to the pitch-dark basement, he spoke softly to his prisoner.

"Now Vor, yours is the choice as to whether they live, or die."

OOC: Presuming Omlette posts reasonably soon.

[ Wednesday, July 07, 2004 12:26: Message edited by: FZ ]
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #299
Vor nods.

'I don't want anyone to get hurt. If that happens, I'll help you.'

Garath laughs, and the laugh is not a nice one.

'Let every hold you have on me go, and then I'll help you of my own free will? No, that's not how it's going to work. Instead, you're going to tell me everything you know, and if you're fast enough, the demons outside won't destroy everything.'

'And then you'll just kill me and the rest anyway. No, my own life is still precious to me. Besides, unless you want to help the demon lord summon himself, it's in my interest to work with you simply to stop that happening. Once the seals are restored, well, maybe you'll destroy the world and maybe you won't. But you certainly don't want to stop the summoning; you aren't posessed, and you presumably want to keep your soul. Now call off the demons attacking this place...use whatever artistry you like, but don't harm a single one of the humans.'

'It's as good as done. You're right, all I need you to do is block off the portal so the demon lord can't be summoned. Once that's happened, the demons will obey me. Whether that's the lesser of two evils or not remains to be seen.'

'To the contrary; there's nothing left in the world which could banish a demon lord. There's plenty which will kill you. I recommend we head for the portal, and fast. I'll explain what I can of the seals while we journey, although I doubt you'll understand too much.'

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #300
Oskoth drifts in and out of consciousness. He is awake long enough to learn that he is in a room that is being attacked by demons and that Garath is somehow part of it. In his dizzy twisted mind, he attempts to incoherently speak, but no words come out. It would make no difference anyway, as the noises of the attack drown him out each time he tries to speak. But then his mind clears and he is able to focus on what is happening around him. He hears the other adventurers running out of the room and when he opens his eyes, he can see part of the room lit up with the glow of fire.

As Oskoth realizes that the room is on fire, his mind begins to panic. He tries to sit up to try to escape. Then something pounces on him, causing him to be thrown back against the table, which promptly collapses under them both. As the table hits the ground, the immense jolt to his head and back renders him insensible for a few moments. The object crawls over him and Oskoth can vaguely tell that it is sitting on him with its knees when it stops. When he finally regains his senses, he winces and opens his eyes to see what it is. Through his blurry vision, he can just make out the figure and face of a demon.

The demon leans down on him and puts one of its hands on his chest. The claws dig in slightly and cause an immense amount of pain to Oskoth's chest wound. The demon then puts its other clawed hand around his neck and squeezes, causing Oskoth to choke from lack of air, and bleed slightly from the claws now sticking in his neck. He gets a terrified look on his face before his brain starts to shut down from the lack of oxygen and horrific pain. He can see the look on the demon's face and it appears to be getting a perverted pleasure from strangling and torturing him. Before completely passing out, he hears Garath scream something at the demon, but cannot make it out.

"RELEASE HIM NOW YOU IMBECILE!!!! I told you to watch him, not jump on him, and try to kill him!!! Release him I say!!! Good. Now, pick him up and carry him. We need to keep him alive."

Oskoth drifts back into consciousness, though only slightly. However, enough to be somewhat aware of his surroundings. He can tell that he is being carried by a demon, but outside of that, nothing else. He is currently far too weak to be able to move or cast magic.

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 13:47: Message edited by: Sir Sherlock Holmes In Love ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #301
Rapidly, Garath pulled open a hidden hatchway, and ushered Vor inside at knifepoint. The demon followed, carrying Oskoth. For a moment, he wondered whether they should have brought a lamp, but the light of the demon provided more than sufficient to navigate by.

Garath thought quietly to himself, as he pushed and prodded Vor forwards. Certainly, he could promise not to harm the humans. But if the demons outside the town were to destroy Selgar itself, any deaths will surely count as accidental. And what responsibility did he have, if the humans were to destroy each other. He grinned widely.

"Now, we are nice and safe, aren't we, Vor? Out of all that messy battles and death. Nice and quiet. These sorts of demons are the perfect companions. They listen, but they don't talk. Control, without responsibility. They would never betray you, would never cast you out as a child, alone and unloved."

There was light ahead now, and the singing of birds. They must be emerging from the city, heading towards the deep heart of demon territory.

Garath continued, speaking into the rear of Vor's neck.

"But now, it's your turn to talk. Tell me everything you know about the portal. We have plenty of time."
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #302
'Firstly, you must leave that man here.'

Vor points to Oskoth.

'Have your demon heal him enough that he's able to take care of himself, and then leave him here. I know demons can do that, even if he'll need to seek proper healing before long. I realise you won't let me go, but you're not bringing him into captivity.'

Garath ponders, then decides that Oskoth's presence isn't important. Maybe Oskoth does suspect him, but it won't matter once they're clear of Selger.

'Very well, I'll do as you ask.'

The demon lays Oskoth on the ground, then begins to heal him. Oskoth groans a little, and then his eyes open. Vor tries to explain what has happened, but Garath cuts in.

'Alright, we'll leave you here. The demons are still fighting, but hopefully the adventurers will drive them off. I'm going to make sure this traitor is well out of the way.'

Oskoth laughs, a very tired laugh.

'I heard what you said to Vor. You're the traitor, not him, and I suspect you're the only one.'

'Believe that if you want. It makes no difference to me, as long as you don't get in my way, and at the moment you can't.'

Without waiting for a reply, Garath turns and moves on, forcing Vor in front of him.

'I've fulfilled your every request. Now, what do you know of the portal?'

Vor nods.

'Very well, the portal.

'No-one knows who first summoned it. What's painfully obvious, though, is that the one who did knew far too little about portals and demons. At first, maybe, he could control the demons that came through, but he made the portal too large, and it wasn't long before a demon came through that broke free of the feeble bonds he had summoned for them and destroyed him. But worse was to come. This valley has very strong natural magic, and the portal had been summoned almost directly over a crossing place of two leylines. As a result, it grew, slowly but surely, until eventually it was large enough for a demon lord to pass through.

'At this time there was a large and powerful kingdom in this valley. The first, weakest demons that attacked were quickly and easily driven off and destroyed. When the attacks became more severe, the humans began to fall back, but then rallied and held off the stronger demons, hoping that there was a limited number of them. But when the demon lord came, their defences and their weapons were powerless to stop him. You have glimpsed something of his power, but even so you cannot comprehend what he is capable of. Yet in those long-gone days there were powers to oppose even demon lords. The priests of the temple organised a last, desperate defence. As towns fell one by one in the valley, they worked day and night to create one of the most powerful magical artifacts ever seen: the Stone of Thunder. Knowing that their religion was soon to be lost forever, they poured into the Stone all the power of their god, so that it might be preserved. Then the high priest of the temple took the Stone of Thunder, and laid it into a shield, and he took the Stone of Destiny, and laid it into a staff...'

'Wait. What is the Stone of Destiny?'

Vor pauses, uncertain. If Garath hasn't heard of the Stone of Destiny, there is no reason to tell him.

'That I haven't been able to find out. Parts of the temple records were destroyed beyond recovery; doubtless any details about the Stone of Destiny were among them. But it was this that he used to battle the demon lord. There are no detailed accounts of their battle, simply because almost all of the other priests were killed by the demons, but we know that the high priest eventually banished the demon lord, and all his host with him. Those few that were left in the valley eventually died of old age, as far as I can work out, or left for another, further away land. But before they did, they created powerful seals of some kind, and placed them by the portal. These seals closed the portal to the demons, and as they fed from the same leylines the portal did, they should have kept it closed indefinitely.'

Vor pauses, tired. Behind him, Garath waits impatiently, unwilling to stem the flow of information just as it has begun to have relevance.

'As far as I can see, they simply didn't reckon on the earthquakes. They must have known that the mountains shook from time to time, but they obviously didn't expect what happened. The seals were moved away from the portal. It didn't open much, but eventually a few smaller demons were able to pass through again. They couldn't move the seals-none of the demons can, because they're blessed-but I think some of them must have started lending power to the portal. Once more intelligent demons came through, they began to search for living things. The only thing that maintained it at first was souls and sacrificed hordlings, I would expect, but once they found the Stone of Thunder they were able to draw off some of its power. It's blessed as well, so they can't touch it, but it was stored in a casket, so they can carry it around fairly well.'

'And will the demon lord be able to strengthen the portal enough to summon himself?'

'Not alone. It's touching the stone that releases the most of its power. But once he realises this, he'll probably try and force you to channel the power. I don't know how naturally magically aligned you are, so I can't tell you if he'd succeed or not. I know he'd succeed with me, so I'd advise you to be very careful where you take me.'

'What about closing up the portal more, to stop him being summoned by anything?'

'Oh, it can be done. It's a simple matter of moving the seals.'

'In that case...'

'Wait. There are a few complications. For a start, I don't know what they look like. I'm sure I could find them given time, but there's no description of them in any of the temple records. Somewhat more problematically, the ground the seals are placed on must be consecrated for them to work properly. And demons tend to notice things like consecration. Not to mention that we probably need a priest to do it, and the only one in the valley at the moment is Sylvian.'

Garath stares at Vor.

'So this is your master plan for stopping the demon lord? Simply walk into the demon cave, consecrate the ground around his portal and place holy seals in a circle, without him noticing? How do you stay sane?'

Vor shrugs, and carries on walking.

'Easily enough. I tell you to do it for me. It's not like there's another option.'

-E-

[ Saturday, July 10, 2004 00:13: Message edited by: Omlette ]

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #303
Summary Post

This is to dispel the confusion and show everyone their current locations. I hope that this will bring the RP back on its feet. This summary and the map are well overdue, but I was told not to post them until people started reaching Selger. That was a big mistake. I tried to get people's locations and the facts as perfect as possible. Let me know if I got anything wrong and I will fix it.

Selger Summary:

Garath had left the Ruined Temple through the portal with some of his demons and Vor as his prisoner and had come out in a building in the middle of Selger. Upon having him healed, the Demon Lord, who was disappointed and angry at him, demanded that he prepare a sacrifice for his future arrival in the valley with blood from all the adventurers and the townspeople on an altar. Garath once again regained his command of the demons and so he used them drive the adventurers to the building he was in.

The adventurers had since rediscovered Oskoth, and the long lost Glen, who had carried him off after he was attacked by some insane townspeople who had hidden themselves in the town vault they had opened. They were driven to the building and were confronted by Garath, who offered to help them get rid of the Demon Lord and told them that the other adventurers and survivors were possessed by Shifters. The others do not believe him until demons attack the building and Garath then ushers them out a back door.

A demon attacks Oskoth and Garath stops the demon before he kills him. He then takes Vor through an underground secret escape tunnel to the outside of the barricade. Vor makes Garath leave Oskoth behind and has his demon heal him. They then leave and he tells Garath some history pertaining to the portal.

The Portal Summary:

The demons had created a portal to the Ruined Temple. Garath and the Demon Lord's representatives were to go through it after finding the Stone of Thunder. By the time the adventurers had made it to the temple, the stone had already been found and was about to be sent through to the cave. However, a demon firebomb was thrown in the temple and Garath and his demons had to flee for their lives. A confrontation between Garath and the adventurers started after the stone was thrown from the temple and Vor caught it. The mad corpsmen then makes another appearance, where he injures Garath and forces him and Vor through the portal with the representatives.

Eferas, Sylvain, Alex, and Raymond rushed into the portal to escape him as well. Unfortunately, the direct connection had already been broken, and they were released into the fields a distance outside of Selger, rather than into Selger itself. Right now, they are about to walk through the northwest gate and into the town.

Other Summaries:

Akhtar, Hispar, and Shirr-Uth crossed the Thunder Valley River by a boat and Akhtar nearly drowned. He is now looking for his dog, Anees, along the banks. Chadussid is approaching the town through the forests from the northwest, and is on the east side of the main road. Kenthred and Sadith are also approaching from the northwest through the forests, but they are on the western side of the main road. Jay crossed the river on a boat at a ruined town and is now on the dock, looking at the carnage in Selger. My character, Oskoth, is currently lying semi-injured on the ground outside the escape tunnel, which is outside the barricade.

Eferas, Raymond, Alex, and Sylvain are just outside of Selger's northwest gate and are about to enter the town. Garath is taking Vor down the main road south to the demon cave and they are at least 1/2 of a mile from Oskoth. Terill, Glen, Daniel, Rey, and the three NPCs (Hispalgia, Lok, and Brant) are running down a street together, trying to get away from the attacking demons.

The insane townspeople are now roaming the town streets freely and are fighting for themselves, so they will attack anyone. This includes Shifters, demons, and adventurers. The demons under Garath's command are now traversing the town as well, and are looking for the adventurers. The Shifters are out in a group also looking for adventurers and are working with the demons.

--------------------------

Here is a link to a map that shows where everyone is. As before, you need to cut and paste this link to your address bar. It's very very big, so give it time to load. Sorry about the size.

http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/sherlock_holmes/Selger_Update.PNG

OOC: I wanted to bring back Thendran, so here he is again in the story.

IC: Thendran watches through the crack in the shutters as the demons attack a building off in the distance. He begins thinking back to earlier when he saw a group of adventurers headed towards the river. He wanted to catch up with them and but a demon sentry that was walking by at the time made him think twice about it. However, that was almost an hour ago. He then looks up at what little sky he can see and notices that it is slowly starting to get brighter. It will soon be dawn now he thinks to himself. He slumps down onto the floor and goes over in his mind how he got to Selger.

He had barely escaped from the tunnel and the barrage of demons that were outside the bunker. However, what happened is all a blur. As soon as he made it outside, he began sending anti-demon spells at any creature that stood in his way to freedom. After that, all he could remember doing was running. He couldn't get the image of the demons out of his head and it drove him to continue running. The next thing he knew he was at a very wide river and as he turned around, he found that he was alone. Utterly alone. There was no one in sight at all.

It was then that he spied the canoe. There was a half decomposed corpse hanging out of it, which he promptly pushed out into the water upon sitting down in it. By chance, he found a dagger lying inside the canoe and without thinking, he pocketed it. He then grabbed the oar out of the corpse's hand and made his way to the other side of the river. Upon reaching the other side, he got out and ascended the bank. At the top, he stopped and looked down into the valley in front of him. As far as the eye could see, there was farmland rich in crops. Off in the distance he could see smoke coming out of chimneys in Selger.

He made his way towards the village and upon reaching it, found that it had been devastated by the demon attacks. He then heard footsteps and after ducking into a building, watched as a demon sentry passed by on its round. He then knew for sure that Selger was not in the hands of the townspeople, but in the hands of the demons. He found some water in a bottle on a table and some stale food hidden in a drawer in a desk, and with this and barricading himself in crudely, he survived during the night.

His mind then comes back to the present as he hears the familiar footsteps of the same demon sentry. However, as they fade away, he hears something else. He can hear what sounds like faint voices and footsteps coming from the direction of the northwest gate. He goes to the door and upon opening it and looking out through a crack, he can see a group of people creeping around the entrance of the gate. They cannot be Shifters, for they are dressed like warriors and are entering Selger on tiptoes. He quickly realizes they are some of the adventurers and feels relieved at this good fortune.

Thendran takes a quick look around at all the windows, and deeming the way safe, he quietly heads out the door and heads off to join them.

--------------------

Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #304
OOC: Brant isn't an adventurer. He was the innkeeper, remember? Nice update though. Just one thing about the map, it might just be my computer, but my monitor shows the same colour for some of the things, making it a little difficult to discern.

IC: The adventurers dashed out the door and started down the street towards the western gate. Stopping sharply, they drew their swords in a rush.

Ahead was complete carnage - the freed townspeople were running amok and attacking the shifters and demons alike. It's a bloodbath. Suddenly the townspeople started to run away down a street towards the river.

Rey: "why'd they just run off like that?"
Terril: "I don't know, but we have more... urgent concerns to deal with." He gestured to the shifters and demons that had noticed them and were walking towards them.
Hispalgia: "oh dear..."
There were at least twenty fully-armed shifters and half a dozen demons. "We can't fight them, come on!"

Turning and starting to run down the street, they took the right turn to get to the south gate. And stopped. Ahead was another large group of shfters and demons advancing. They had obviously expected to be able to sneak up behind the adventurers.

Glancing towards the other group and then back it was blatant that they couldn't fight them all. they turned and ran towards the river in sight to the north, with the demons not far enough for comfort behind.

Reaching the muddy bank, they could see that the other bank was far too far away, with the current too fast, to swim across. Their last hope dashed, they turned to fight the advancing menace.

Damn

--------------------
I like to say quack because I can, I like to say moooo because I can, but I don't like saying ergle flmp because I can never pronounce phenomenon first try.

In conclusion, quack, moooo and phenonemenonmenonnon... Oh Poo.

http://s4.invisionfree.com/Ultimate_RP/index.php Try it!
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #305
The noice was followed by a sound of splashing water.

"Akhtar! Akhtar fell to the river!" Hispar was shouting. "Help for pities sake!" But Shirr-Uth was too busy fighting a shrieking pile of claws and teeth that had attacked from the shadows. It had sneaked behind Akhtar when they had been watching the situation develop in the town, and pushed him to the river.

The demon was strange, its kind unknown to Shirr-Uth. He had fallen to the ground when the demon had jumped at him. "Get´... off!" he cried trying to get hold of the demons arm or something. Suddenly somebody hit the demon with a dirk.
It fell to the ground, lifeless.

"Now I think it was particularly safe to help you, but if two try anything sneky, I'll dig your heart out!" Jay said. Shirr-Uth was confused, 'cause he had been saved from a certain death two times within as short time, and always with the most unusual of events.

"Jay? Thank the spirits! Without you we'd propably be dead!" Hispar said. "How did you end up here?" "I came over the river with a boat. I heard the sound of splashing water and then followed your sounds. Now all demons in this town will propably know where you are" Jay explained. "We are not safe here." "But what about Akhtar? He fell to the river!" Hispar cried. "We must help him now!" "I'm sorry but I think we can't. I... what was that?"

They seized. All sounds had stopped all of a sudden. Something grave had just happened...

[ Wednesday, July 14, 2004 07:29: Message edited by: Frozen feet ]

--------------------
Dont think that the glass is half empty or half full. Think that the liquid is not worth of drinking anyway.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #306
"Very well."

Garath shrugged. He was suddenly interested in the idea of a second stone, but he dared not push for more facts. Yet. But already, other plans worked through his head.

It's touching the stone that releases the most of its power.

And who could tell what sort of power could be drawn? Power had meaning.

Vor paused, and gestured for rest. The lands southeast of Selgar seemed parched, somehow drained. Garath wondered if they were always like this, whether the demons did this. He handed the scribe a canteen, and watched as the other man drank.

He did not feel thirsty, himself. Rather, he felt lightheaded, somehow euphoric. He only barely heard the clatter as the canteen hit the ground.

"What on earth is going on?" Vor exclaimed.

Smoke was rising from Selgar. As they watched, a building toppled, belching flames. The screaming could just be heard. Overhead, at a dam which stood astride the river, small figures could be seen, hard at work.

"Just nature, about to take its course. When the dam blows, the entirity of Selgar, built on drained marshland, would be submerged. By the time the people notice, it would be too late. I was given the mission by the Demon Lord himself. If I did not carry it out, we would never make it to the demon cave alive."

Vor shouted at him. "But you promised no one would be hurt!"

Garath appeared wistful.

"I lied."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #307
OOC: Previous text deleted due to SIS's new explanation of his character being undead. Which I might add no one except for him knew about.

FBM, my colors on the map are distinct and vivid. It must be your computer. Sorry.

[ Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:43: Message edited by: Sir Sherlock Holmes In Love ]

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #308
OOC: Hope this fixes the situation.

IC: "Bubbles! Akhtar hasn't drown! He's floating there, near the river bank!" Hispar shouted. "Sshhh, you idiot! Soon every demon in the town will be here!" Jay said with growing anger. "Or is that what you really want, anyway?" "I don't care what you are thinking, I'm going to help him!" Hispar said and started runnig along the riverside. Jay tried to stop him, but Shirr-Uth grabbed Jays shoulder. "Don't. We can't let anybody drown just because we want to save our own skins" Shirr-Uth whispered. "Lets just find a good place to hide and guard his back. I'm sure he'll return soon." "But what if he's possessed? How do you know he's not going to alarm the demons and quide them here?" Jay whispered back. "If he was possessed he wouldn't care about Akhtar, and I would be already dead. You saw the demon attacking me" Shirr-Uth replied.

Jay was nervous, tired and angry. It was close that he didn't lose his temper. Suddenly he seized. "Did you hear that?" he said. "What?" Shirr-Uth asked. "It's completely silent." "No it isn't! Take that helmet of so you can hear better! Footsteps! Something is coming towards the river!" Jay said. They hid as fast as they could. And when the first light of the sun lighted the streets of Selger, they saw people running towards the river with a dozen of demons on their knees...

OOC: So Hispar went and saved Akhtar when Jay and Shirr-Uth argued, and Akhtar is now looking for his dog with Hispar somewhere along the riverside. In the meantime, sun is starting to rise and Terril and others are running towards the river. Are you okay with this, MSW?

[ Friday, July 16, 2004 02:36: Message edited by: Frozen feet ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #309
OOC: alrite, i think it's time for me to post again. Aran, you should post too.

IC:
Ray reloaded his spear launcher, back against a large boulder. Somehow, they were away from Selger after they ran through the portal. Somehow, they came under the fire of demon casters right away. He spotted another oncoming wave of fire spells as the other three began to cast their own.

"Hey, stop conjuring spells and get your mage asses down!" He shouted.

"Shut up, Ray," Sylvain replied.

Frustrated by their lack of observation, he pulled them down himself, one by one, just in time to avoid the magical flames.

"Told you to duck," Ray sighed. "Now we have a few seconds to fight back!" He picked up his spear launcher, stood up, and quickly shot a spear, taking down one of the casters.

As he crouched back down, he realised, at the same time as everybody else, that Selger was just ahead. If they could run fast enough before the demons could fire spells again, they could just make it behind the barricades alive...

--------------------
Urban wisdom is not actual wisdom. It's more like the seemingly philosophical statements that sometimes leak out of my strange mind through my mouth, or in the case of message boards, my hands.
--------------------
Clan Xeon - Warcraft III clan
Polaris - Weather Balloons YAY
Undead Theories - Don't Ask, Don't Tell
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #310
Oskoth manages to get to his feet soon after Vor and Garath leave with the demon. He looks around him in the twilight and can see nothing but farmland to the south and the town barricade to the north. He can now see lots of smoke billowing from inside as well. He slowly begins limping towards the town barricade and after fifteen minutes, he manages to reach it. By now, the sun has risen and he can see again. He follows the wall until he comes across the familiar gate again. He then makes his way into the village and back to the tavern. Sneaking in, he is not surprised to find the place empty.

Oskoth makes his way upstairs to his room and gets knapsack. He then sees the staff and smiles at his good fortune. He takes it, and using it to lean on, makes his way downstairs and out the back door again. He walks along the streets cautiously and upon going around a corner, he nearly runs smack right into a demon. The demon growls at him and starts stepping towards him. Oskoth feels that he is still too weak to cast a spell, so he uses the staff and starts hitting the demon with it. To his utter astonishment, the staff produces burns upon the demons body and it hisses and screeches in pain.

Oskoth realizes that he is holding a blessed weapon of some sort and so he starts using it to beat the demon senseless. At one point he tries thrusting it at the demon and upon hitting its stomach, it goes right through its body. The staff literally burns the demon until a black flame-like cloud sweeps around it and reduces it to ashes. Oskoth looks at the staff in pure amazement. It is not scratched, splintered, or scorched in any way whatsoever. All that fighting should have damaged it in some way. He then looks up and sees the group of shifters staring down the street at him.

As Oskoth takes off running for the mayor's house, he sees a bunch of townspeople coming out of an alley with various crude weapons. They instantly see the Shifter-infested people and give off a howl as they make their attack on them. Not staying around to watch, Oskoth continues on towards the mayor's house, hoping to have a look at what is in the vault. Upon reaching it, he stops to rest for a minute. It's then that he notices that everything in the town has suddenly gone silent. Not wanting to know why, because it could only be bad, he rushes into the vault, which is thankfully empty now.

--------------------

Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #311
Two figures reached the top of a hill overlooking Selger. Smoke drifted up to them, adding more urgency to their mission. One started down, but the other stopped.

"Sadith! Wait!"

Sadith looked back at him. "There is light in Selger! The shadow has lost its grip!"

"Fool! Look!"

Sadith looked where Kenthred was pointing. Several more figures were joining those at the dam; several carried torches.

"What are they... oh, gods..."

Kenthred took a sip from his canteen and tossed it to Sadith. "If they succeed, that town will be destroyed completely within minutes. Along with everyone in it."

Sadith drank and threw the canteen back to Kenthred, who caught it running. Sadith followed as fast as he could. Along with everyone in it... Ray, Sylvian, Vor, Alex, Eferas... Eferas...

"Where is Eferas?" he shouted.

"How the hell should I know? Did he go through the portal?"

"Yes, but he's not there! I'd see his light! He's not in Selger!"

"Lucky!" Kenthred removed bombs from his bolts as he ran. If any fire touched that dam...

"There he is! EFERAS!"

"Quiet, you fool! If those demons hear us, we can all go to hell!"

Sadith obeyed, running just behind Kenthred towards the dam. His eyes strained, focused on where he had seen the point of blinding light. He quickly gave up; only he and Kenthred could do anything now.

"Sadith, what do you have that can kill a demon?"

"A sword?"

"Anything else?"

"No."

Kenthred tossed several short javelins behind him. Sadith barely managed to catch them.

"Thanks."

"No fire."

"I know."

Sadith noticed Kenthred getting lighter as he ran. Whatever his goals and alliegances, he was now focused solely on saving lives; Sadith respected that.

Several minutes later, Kenthred slowed and began moving stealthily, quietly. He held up a hand, and Sadith attempted the same. The miner watched the soldier's feet, making sure his own feet tread on the same rocks, avoided the same branches. They were close enough to hear te shrill laugh of the demons as they tore the seasoned wood from the edifice. Axes, curved bars, claws, teeth... whatever could tear wood was being used. The new group, including several possessed humans, had almost reached the demons. The human laughter alongside that of the demons sounded grotesque.

"Right. I'm going to hit that one in front, the big one with the axes. You get as close as you can. Stay in the trees. When I yell, attack. Go for the torch bearers first. Oh, and Sadith?" The miner looked up. "Try not to die."

Sadith started down the gradual decline, sword in one hand and a javelin in the other. He heard a screech, and heard Kenthred rearming his crossbow. The demons sent up a horrible din, crashing through the forest, trying to heal their leader or, at the very least, push him into the river. Several pushed on frantically, especially the humans. One ran in the direction from which the bolt had come, towards Kenthred; Sadith crouched in the bushes, then decapitated the man as he ran by. He shuddered as he saw the face; the man had been a good miner. A great miner, in fact. But with a shifter in possession of those muscles... he quickly threw the man's cloak over his body and ran towards the demons.

Just as he reached their path, he heard Kenthred's voice. "ATTACK!" Another bolt flew from the trees, piercing the heart of a torch bearer. A demon running towards the dam kicked the torch into the river with a splash; a human cry of rage was followed by demonic sounds of pain, and then another splash. Sadith caught up and hurled the javelin at the group; it sliced through a demon's arm, and the beast howled in rage. It turned, saw Sadith, and charged at him, flanked by two other demons. Another javelin stopped one, and a sword stroke removed the wounded demon's leg. The third demon launched itself at Sadith, knocking him to the ground. It reached for his neck, claws out - and fell forward, limp. Kenthred placed a foot on the demon's back and tore the dirk out.

"Let's go. They're almost at the dam."

Sadith pushed the demon off himself and retrieved his sword. He plunged it into each demon's torso, making sure they were completely lifeless, then sheathed it.

"Thanks."

"Don't mention it. Wait until we're done, when you have breath to spare. Let's go."

They ran off again in the direction of the dam, weapons ready.

EDIT: Changed a word.

[ Saturday, July 17, 2004 03:51: Message edited by: Lady Davida ]

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3022
Profile #312
Vor contained his anger. It was all he could do to restrain himself from hitting out, from screaming out. He was a scribe, yes, but now to stand by while Garath ordered plain mass murder. He thought quietly to himself. One day, when this is over, he would find justice.

They were marching on in the wasteland. Soon, they came upon a rocky outcrop, rising up into the sky. Pulled and dragged by the servant demon, they climbed to the top. From there, they could just see the demon cave, with its waiting guards, and Selgar itself. Garath caught sight of movement on the approach to Selgar dam.

"Well, well, well. They are going to protect the dam."

Vor almost jumped in glee.

"Don't get too happy. If they succeed, which is doubtful, and prevent the destruction of the city, unless I think of something exceedingly clever, our life expectancy would be measured in seconds."

The scribe quietened down.

"I'll be happy so long as you get what you deserve."

Garath whistled softly.

"We shall see..."
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #313
OOC: sorry for the lack of artistry, I'm tired.

IC: Kenthred kicked a writhing demon aside and reached for another bolt. The demons were slow, but several had already reached the dam and formed a defensive ring around the workers. The torchbearers, luckily, were still making their ways through the forest.

"Kenthred," Sadith panted. "Wait. That trail... could you get to the dam unnoticed?" He pointed to a discrete path through the trees.

"They'd catch me," the soldier replied. He knocked another demon into the water; it screeched and sank. "Unless..."

"Exactly. Go."

"That's dangerous."

"I know."

Kenthred shrugged, then ran for the path. Sadith tripped and began screaming like a wounded animal. The demons looked back at him, distracted; many, unable to resist such easy prey, turned back and moved towards him. As soon as the first was within range, Sadith stood, picked a javelin, and hurled it at the beast's grinning face. The blade hit its target with enough force to rip half of its face off; screeching, it followed those before it to a watery end. The next couldn't stop itself in time and impaled itself on Sadith's sword. Rushing at them, Sadith managed to strike another and dodge a blow to his head. He threw himself at his attacker, knocking it off its feet. A jagged claw slashed his arm, and he yelped in pain. Rolling away from the demons, he got up and ran, hoping that Kenthred would reach the dam in time. He was rewarded with a human scream; the only torchbearers left were human.

At the dam, Kenthred cursed and loaded another bolt. The dam was already beginning to crack. His bolt hit a worker on top of the dam; the demon fell soundlessly into the water below.

"Damnit!"

Loading another bolt, Kenthred ran closer. A torchbearer heard him and started running; a flying tackle knocked him to the ground, and a dagger in the back finished the job. The torch rolled into the water. Kenthred stood, retrieved the crossbow, and turned back to the dam. Gods damnit - the last torchbearer was almost there! He took careful aim and fired. As the bolt left the bow, a demon dove between Kenthred and the torchbearer. The bolt buried itself in the creature's chest, and it flew back and knocked the bearer to the ground. The torch bounced and landed several yards away, sputtering. The human scrambled out from under the demon and reached for the torch. Kenthred reached for a bolt, but found none - he had used his last one.

"Kenthred!"

The soldier's head whipped around. Sadith came running into view, still pursued by demons.

"Your javelin!"

The miner slowed, threw his sword to the ground, and grabbed a javelin. He hurled it at the torchbearer with enough force to throw himself off balance, so only Kenthred saw it enter the man's back and exit through his chest. He yelled to Sadith, half congratulation and half warning; the demons, momentarily distracted, saw their enemy on the ground and attacked. Sadith righted himself just in time to dodge a crushing blow; he plunged a javelin into one demon, found his sword and sliced deep into the other, and then turned back to Kenthred. They ran up onto the dam, breaking through the defensive circle, and threw the workers into the river below.

"Thank... all the... gods..."

"Collect your breath, Sadith. You deserve it. That was a fine throw."

"Luck."

Kenthred smiled and turned away. He pushed the corpses of the demons and possessed humans into the river, then started back down to Selger. The smoke made him nervous.

Standing up unsteadily, Sadith sheathed the sword and followed after the soldier. A flash of light caught his eye, and he noticed the torch still sputtering in the grass. He picked it up and threw it into the river, then jogged to catch up with Kenthred.

He didn't stay long enough to see the torch bounce off a rock and land on the wooden top of the dam, showering sparks everywhere...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

In case of emergency, break glass.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #314
"Can we help them in any way?" Jay asked. "Nope" Shirr-Uth replied. There was no hope. Most of the villagers still alive and few people Jay and Shirr-Uth recognized as adventurers were surrounded by armed shifters and demons. And they couldn't do anything to it. Depressed they started walking along the riverbank.

They were lucky. In almost a quarter hour of walking they didn't see any demons or other creatures that could propably kill them. It was more silent than in a grave. Then they saw two men running on the other side of the river.

"Those have to be Kenthred and Sadith! They have made it here too!" Jay said. "Hey!" Shirr-Uth shouted, even risking atracting all demons within a mile radius. The two men turned their heads and waved back to them. "How did you end up there?" Shirr-Uth asked. "We jumped through a portal. We just prevented the demons of lighting the dam up!" Kenthred shouted back. "We're going to Selger now!" "You say you prevented the dam of being burned?" Jay said. He was looking to the direction where the dam was. Shirr-Uth glanced at the direction where his companion was looking. "What's wrong?" he wondered. It didn't take long to notice it himself...

OOC: And here it goes...

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #315
OOC: We are still waiting on you Aran. please come back.

Oskoth makes his way down into the dark vault. He finds an oil lantern still setting on a table. However, it is burned out and he can find no more oil in the dark room without some additional light. He decides to cast another glow spell on his hands and in a few moments, the room is lit up with an eerie green glow. Looking around, he can see crates, barrels, chairs, tables, desks, lanterns, and other such things littered throughout the large room. He spies a sort of door in the wall facing the river, and upon opening it, he sees a tunnel leading directly out towards it.

Investigating it more fully by following it, he finds that it comes out on a section of riverbank isolated from the rest of the main riverbank. Looking up he can clearly see an alcove overhead, and to the right, he sees where the townspeople had their privy on the bank next to a rock wall. On the left he can see a crude dock and a bucket with a rope attached to it, most likely there for fetching fresh water. The half sunken boat next to the dock sitting partly up on the riverbank must have once been a means of escape or fishing. However, it now lies rotting away in the water and has apparently not been used for a long time.

He then leaves this discovery and goes back through the tunnel into the vault. He returns to inspecting the rest of the room and finds various pieces of tattered clothing, bits of dried meat, ales, and other such stuff that the insane townspeople must have been living off of for a while. Searching the crates carefully, he is disappointed to find nothing of interest other than a few maps. One of them is a crude sketch of the demon cave and the others are mostly just detailed maps showing certain ruins and natural resources in the valley.

He finishes his search of the room as the glow on his hands fades out. However, as he is leaving, something on the wall catches his eye. He casts another spell on his hands and as they glow a yellowish color, he sees a necklace hanging on a hook. Attached to a chain is a kind of weird metal box, which appears to be sealed shut with a lock and is covered with strange inscriptions. Observing closer, he notices that the inscription writing is identical to the writing on the mysterious scroll he had looked at. Intrigued by his finding, he removes it from the hook and sticks it in his knapsack with the maps.

As he is doing so though, he hears a rumbling coming from behind the wall and sees the hook disappear inside of it. He puts his ear against it and hears the grinding of gears. He automatically identifies it as a trap and quickly runs out of the vault. Just as he steps out of it though, an explosion rocks the building. He is caught in it and is hurtled through a shuttered window surrounded by flames and splintered wood. He lands with a loud thud against a stony area on the ground and his knapsack lands in front of him in some bushes.

Oskoth feels a sharp pain coming form the side of his head and he begins to wonder if he hurt it somehow. His suspicions are confirmed that it is gashed open when he brings his hand away from it and finds it covered in blood. He looks around for anyone that might be able to help him, but he sees no one. He staggers to his feet and fetches his knapsack from the bushes. Finding his staff lying along the path where it had landed after the explosion, he starts meandering towards the center of town. As he comes around a building, he sees the adventurers surrounded by a large number of shifters and demons.

His arrival does not go unnoticed by any of them and they all turn their attention to him. Its then that the blood loss starts to get to Oskoth, and with an accidental slip on a rock, he crashes to the ground and knocks himself out. The adventurers see that the demons and Shifters are distracted and use it to their advantage. They band together all at once and lash out at them, taking them completely off guard. Then the insane townspeople come on the scene chasing some Shifters they had attacked and they too join in on the assault.

--------------------

Pages