Hello there everyone....what game are you playing now?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Hello there everyone....what game are you playing now?
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #0
Hello, it's me, you'll have seen me posting all over the place on these boards as usual I suppose.

Bah.... The What Game Are you Playing Now thread?

Me: BoE: Hourglasses by *I2HIH2I2HI2HIHIHI4H3IHIH4IH5I4 (Nobody you'd know)

[ Tuesday, September 02, 2003 03:07: Message edited by: uranusalien ]

--------------------
CMS for PHP/MySQL Supporting Webservers
The Automated Ad-Free Horizontal-Scrollbar-Proof Blades of Avernum Script Archive
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #1
Book?????? Currently I am reading nothing except messages on this board and the occasional book on edible wild plants. And every now and then, mushrooms. (Isn't that a coincidence, seeing I am playing Exile 2?)

I generally don't read very much. Not unless what I am reading peaks my interests. I am a great lover of Sherlock Holmes stories and mysteries in general.

Most of my reading isn't reading at all. I like to listen to Sherlock Holmes mysteries on cassette tape or watch the old Sherlock Holmes movies from the 1940's.

My knowledge of deductive reasoning is somewhat good, but, it doesn't help me much in the Exile games. Other then to guess where something is or what enemy I am bound to face in the next room I walk into.

I also, as you can see by my screen name and my signature, love the Murder She Wrote show and the movie Clue. Both mysteries. Also old movies from as far back as the 1930's. Hence, Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte released in 1964. And as for Little Shop of Horrors, I like the movie and the song, Mean Green Mother.

That's it for me. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/redface.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/tongue.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/rolleyes.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/cool.gif)

[ Wednesday, August 27, 2003 19:06: Message edited by: murdershewrote ]

--------------------
Mrs. Peacock: "Everything all right?"
Colonel Mustard: "Yep. Two Corpses. Everything's fine."

"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #2
I like reading the list of ingredients on food labels. Also, the movie credits. Furthermore, I like counting. My favorite book, so far has been "Men of Good Will"

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Apprentice
Member # 2099
Profile Homepage #3
I'm reading The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck.
Haven't got very far though..
Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #4
I'm just about done reading The Fires of Heaven, for the third time.

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Shaper
Member # 517
Profile #5
Earth, by David Brin. And it's the best book I've ever read, literally. And I read a lot of books. (Well, probably only an average amount of books for someone on this board, but that's a lot of books for a normal person...)

-E-

--------------------
Let them eat cake!

Polaris Boards: The System is Up. Perennially.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #6
I read to kill time during breaks at work, getting through 600+ pages a week. Just starting on the 2nd volume of the 'Dune: Butlerian Jihad' series, but am finding it pretty juvenile and lacking in the background richness of Herbert's original. I'll probably read a study of wild children (those reared by animals and then reintroduced to human society) next.
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #7
Earthsea by Ursula le Guin

--------------------
Freude, schöner Götterfunken, Tochter aus Elysium,
Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heilighthum!
Deine Zauber binden wieder, was die Mode streng getheilt,
Alle Menschen werden Brüder, wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

Pieter Simoons aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Warrior
Member # 3329
Profile #8
Redwall By Brian Jaques.

--------------------
Hello.Nice To Meet You.Call Me OM.Bye.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #9
I've just finished Lord of the Rings for the 15th time, I'm now rereading David Eddings' fantasy series, and after that Terry Brooks. Besides that I'm reading Sophie's World by Jostein Gaarder, for our English class.

--------------------
"And all should cry, Beware, Beware!
His Flashing eyes, his Floating hair!" S. T. Coleridge
---
"It is as if everyone had lost their sense
Consigned themselves to downfall and decadence
And a wisp it is they have chosen as their beacon." Reinhard Mey.
---
Quote of the Week: "I have a high opinion of myself, which makes up for my total lack of intelligence." Anon.
Lifecrafter
Member # 87
Profile Homepage #10
What a coinsedince (I hate words like this) I am reading Kiln People by Brin also. Have you read any of his other books? The long series, startide rising gets kind of strained as it goes on, but it is pretty good.

I am also reading "Theory of Everything" by Hawking, it is a compilation of lectures.

I am also reading a book about the constants of the universe, of which I have forgotten the title and author. I read this one at the bookstore while I drink my coffee.

--------------------
Tip of the Day: #13 Stand clear the closing door.

That's treason.
(THNIK)(Peculiar James, FP productions co, inc)
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #11
Pride and Prejudice, for about the nineteenth time. It's a laugh.

--------------------
Aces off.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #12
I'm reading several things, because school starts in a week and I'm not even halfway through my required reading. Currently, my two top priorities are "Guns, Germs and Steel" by Jared Diamond and "A Tale of Two Cities" by Dickens.

Hey, Rosy's back! *waves*

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Babelicious
Member # 3149
Profile Homepage #13
Studs Terkel's "The Good War". Just got finished with Hard Times. Moving on to Nathan McCall's Makes Me Wanna Holler next.

What's sad is that one of my favorite books is actually a graphical novel (i.e., comic book). "Watchmen." Alan Moore. Awesome comic. The last panel of Chapter XI sends a chill up my spine, especially with the quotation next to it. It's genius.
Apprentice
Member # 3388
Profile #14
Wee Free Men by Terry Pratchet. Hillarious! IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)

yesterday i started reading Finnegan's Wake by James Joyce for the third time.. got as far as page ten before i was reduced to a sobbing pile of madness, a new record!

--------------------
Many an ancient lord's last words have been, "You can't kill me because I've got magic aaargh."
-Terry Pratchet
----
"Never build a dungeon you wouldn't be happy to spend the night in yourself. The world would be a happier place if more people remembered that."
-Lord Vetinari
Lifecrafter
Member # 521
Profile Homepage #15
Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes, by Felder and Rousseau.

--------------------
I am not really here.
Agent
Member # 464
Profile #16
Another Stephen King book, Night Shift. YAY4HORROR!

--------------------
You go girl!
All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusion is called a philosopher. - Ambrose Bierce
If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #17
quote:
Originally written by Pete, King Of The Detectives:

Just got finished with Hard Times.

Ugh, that was another one of my assigned summer reading books...it wasn't as mind-crushingly boring as "Guns, Germs and Steel," but it's not exactly on my list of favorites. What did you think of it?

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #18
Doesn't ANYONE here like Sherlock Holmes? Ok. Here are some of the novels I have had to read for school or book reports. This is just a few of them. I can't remember the rest.

Never Cry Wolf - It was ok, somewhat interesting. Has a movie, but it doesn't make much sense. It's funny though.

Stephen King's Misery - Loved it. Very very good. I suggest watching the movie as well.

The Lord of the Flies - Never finished it. Preferred the movie.

Sherlock Holmes and the Titanic Tragedy - Very good book for mystery lovers. Not by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle though. Doesn't Have a movie.

The Miracle Worker (Screenplay) - Very Very good. I suggest watching the 1960s movie as well. They are awesome.

I prefer reading books that a movie was later based on. I have a good imagination, but I am more of a visual learner. I prefer to see a story happen than have to read a thick book on it.

I prefer to watch a movie, and get an idea of what the book will be like. Than I read the book, using images from the movie to guide me through what is happening. Then I watch the movie again and compare and contrast the two. It is a fun way to understand the meaning of a book's plot.

Try it with any book you know a moviw was made after. The two are always different in many ways, but you will get a better understanding of the book.

Books on tape are always enjoyable too. Try listening to Goldeneye or Sphere on tape.

I hope spmeone starts a movie topic in this forum soon. Although, I'm afraid, my tastes in movies greatly differs from other people's. I prefer older movies to the new ones coming out. Many of the new ones I have no interest in watching. But I LOVE horror movies. Classic horrors to the ones from the 90s. Frankenstein up to Halloween Resurrection. I would really like to discuss a movie topic with someone. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/frown.gif)

[ Wednesday, August 27, 2003 11:14: Message edited by: murdershewrote ]

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 2978
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by murdershewrote:

I prefer reading books that a movie was later based on. I have a good imagination, but I am more of a visual learner. I prefer to see a story happen than have to read a thick book on it.

I prefer to watch a movie, and get an idea of what the book will be like. Than I read the book, using images from the movie to guide me through what is happening. Then I watch the movie again and compare and contrast the two. It is a fun way to understand the meaning of a book's plot.

Try it with any book you know a moviw was made after. The two are always different in many ways, but you will get a better understanding of the book.

Books on tape are always enjoyable too. Try listening to Goldeneye or Sphere on tape.

Wow. I had no idea there was such an opposite take on books compared to mine, and coming from someone who seems to like books.
I mean I have friends who don't read, and that's just their big loss, but I fear that if you and I would ever meet IRL our thought-wave patterns might collide and cause severe injury.
Or we might just fall in love IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)

--------------------
Contradictions get me everything I want.
Love is all. Love is Evil.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #20
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I've just finished Lord of the Rings for the 15th time, I'm now rereading David Eddings' fantasy series, and after that Terry Brooks.
Terry Brooks' books (hehe I rhymed) are very good. I liked his Shannara series better than his Landover series though. His Word and Void trilogy is pretty good too.

I am currently reading The Forging of the Darksword. It's pretty good so far.

--------------------
Need a pet? Need cheap labor? Buy a Moose!

Take the Personality Test! INTJ 78% 33% 44% 22%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #21
quote:
Wow. I had no idea there was such an opposite take on books compared to mine, and coming from someone who seems to like books. I mean I have friends who don't read, and that's just their big loss, but I fear that if you and I would ever meet IRL our thought-wave patterns might collide and cause severe injury. Or we might just fall in love
HA HA HA H AHA HAH HAH HAH HAHAH H AHHA AH HA H AH H AH HAHHAAH AHHA

LOL!!!!!

That made me feel good there. That was definitely a laugh and a half. I like that sort of humor.

IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Wednesday, August 27, 2003 15:24: Message edited by: murdershewrote ]

--------------------

Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #22
When I have to read I normally read, books about strange phenomenom, and strange people. My current favorite person is "Zodiac". I like reading the physcological breakdown of Zodiac, read his letters and try to decipher some of his encrypted letters. People think I'm weird because of this.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #23
Oh, cool. I have heard of the Zodiac. I have watched so many programs on the Discovery Channel, History Channel, Learning Channel, and the Travel Channel that it isn't funny. My favorite topic is Ancient History. Mostly pertaining to Egypt, Ancient England, Ancient Greece, Ancent Rome, and various other places. I also love watching programs on treasure hunts from sunken ships and diving in submersibles to see things like the Titanic (my favorite sunken ship) and various other sunken ships.

I have many interests pertaining to History. I just recently watched a program on the possible discovery of Queen Nefertiti. I am completely mesmerized by such stuff.

I saw some programs on the Zodiac as well. IMAGE(Spiderweb Software Boards Hello there everyone____what game are you playing now_files/biggrin.gif)

[ Wednesday, August 27, 2003 19:14: Message edited by: murdershewrote ]

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #24
During my lengthly boring summer I managed to not only grow a beard, but read the entire Redwall series. Again. I also just finished in the last few days the His Dark Materials series for the millionth time...I discussed it Saunders after and we are still confused about what exactly Mary did to be 'the tempter'
For fans of the series, hear me now...answer my confusions:
What happened to the Spy Fly?
Why did Will not see his Daemon the moment he enter Lyra's world like his father?
I know I have more questions then that but I have not slept in 4 days and counting and my brain is mushy.

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.

Pages