RWG

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: RWG
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #175
No, I think I just got GC1. But there was also this patch, and after I installed it my computer quit smoking.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #176
It wasn't a nicotine patch, was it?

—Alorael, who wasn't sure from context.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #177
Perhaps it was a...skribbane patch???

The randomness of RWG has led me to believe anyone who fequents these forums should watch Salad Fingers and laugh in their dark abyss of a computer/bed room. Do a search for it on google, or if you don't mind gratuitous naughty ads, then it's also hosted on newgrounds.com.

Who needs AI? The important thing about GC is building your own empire before 10 turns are up!

Oh, and the planet "build screens" have a very catchy song. I wish I could download it from NapZaaWire.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #178
The music in Galactic Core, on the whole, sounds like it was done by a tottering and aging Christopher Franke after a particularly damaging post-Babylon 5 marijuana binge.

...By the way, Student of Trinity, I really enjoyed that patch joke! :)

[ Friday, July 01, 2005 11:21: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #179
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

The music in Galactic Core, on the whole, sounds like it was done by a tottering and aging Christopher Franke after a particularly damaging post-Babylon 5 marijuana binge.

Mary Jane? Not if SW is distributing the game his tunes are in, I'm sure...

[ Friday, July 01, 2005 11:56: Message edited by: Slp006 ]

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #180
quote:

<clears throat apologetically>

Just for the record, let me clarify this comment. I enjoy the music in GC. But, like the music for Babylon 5, in certain large quantities it can start to make you see things and give you a headache and make you want to scream and scream and scream and never stop. Thus showing the incredible ability of the composer to transfer his near-senile and chemically-beclouded mental state to his listeners.

[ Friday, July 01, 2005 20:29: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #181
This our flagship thread must never languish.

To which end:
I never finished the last GC demo scenari

Ah, hell, I just can't pretend I care. But the thread must go on, regardless.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 4287
Profile Homepage #182
Through long searching, we're one step closer to solving the riddle of RW!

I found an old e-mail address, mail@tardanian.com, reportedly of RW! Too bad www.tardanian.com seems to be inexistent...
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #183
quote:
Originally written by cyberbuzz:

Through long searching, we're one step closer to solving the riddle of RW!

I found an old e-mail address, mail@tardanian.com, reportedly of RW! Too bad www.tardanian.com seems to be inexistent...

Now here's a question to ponder:

In Galactic Core, the Tardanians are, without a doubt, the weakest and silliest aliens. Their most advanced ship a a radar dish powered by a hamster wheel. The only good point about it is that its cheap, so you feel like you got a great bargain while the opposing Death-Star-Planet-Killer ships slap them into a footnote of the Necronomicon lite.

Why would he choose the Tardanians?

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #184
Perhaps there are unknown benefits to being a footnote?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #185
www.Tardanian.com

...Courtesy of the magical Internet Wayback Machine.

In my mind, this perfectly encapsulates the essence of the Tardanian bureaucracy. They were so busy filling out forms authorizing the illegal production of fake spaceships that they couldn't even be bothered to get their government's website up and running!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #186
Who will be brave enough to attempt to send an E-mail to that address...

--------------------
-ben4808
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #187
The Wayback Machine only had entires up until 2004. So chances are if the domain name is kablooee, so is the email address. You'd just get a bounce-back error.

But no, I'm not going to try it! Somebody else do it!

...Gruhh. I've made a liar out of myself. I just bunged off a wee email. We'll see what happens.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #188
Yeah, it bounced. Here's the autogenerated reply I got:

quote:
[b]This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

mail@tardanian.com
unrouteable mail domain "tardanian.com"
[/b]

I wonder if even Jeff has a way of communicating with him? Maybe he can send messages with money transfers to banks? Sheesh, I don't know...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #189
quote:

I wonder if even Jeff has a way of communicating with him? Maybe he can send messages with money transfers to banks? Sheesh, I don't know...
Someone emailed Jeff to ask this very question not too long ago, and posted the result. Jeff's response was along the lines of "well, I haven't had any contact with him in ages, but he still cashes his cheques so he probably isn't dead".

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #190
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:

Someone emailed Jeff to ask this very question not too long ago, and posted the result. Jeff's response was along the lines of "well, I haven't had any contact with him in ages, but he still cashes his cheques so he probably isn't dead".

When I called SW to order Galactic Core, I asked them if they'd heard that Richard White had died. I think it was Linda who took the call, because she asked "really? I didn't know!"

She then called out to Jeff whether or not he knew if Richard White had died, and I could hear him respond in the background - he said "As far as I know, he's still alive, but I've heard he died too." or something like that.

I felt (and still feel) kind of bad turning my game order into a crank call-esque mockery, but I suppose SW doesn't mind since I spent my money there. (As Apu might say "Thank you! Come again!")

Is that just me rationalizing my poor behavior?

Z

--------------------
Pan Lever: Seventeen apple roving mirror moiety. Of turned quorum jaggedly the. Blue?
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #191
Yep. How long ago was this? :)

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #192
This just all goes to show that even those at Spiderweb wouldn't really be that surprised to hear of RW's death.

--------------------
-ben4808
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #193
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Well, there is a slight difference between having had recent contact with someone and knowing how to contact them. I haven't had contact with lots of people in recent months, but I do know of ways of contacting them.

—Icshi,
Owner and Operator of the Vidal Hair-Splitting Salon
Lack of Vision
Member # 2717
Profile #194
quote:
Originally written by Lady Davida:

Yep. How long ago was this? :)
It was about three or four weeks ago.

Argh - I feel really badly about doing that. I think I'll email Jeff and let him know that I have idea if Richard White died.

Z

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #195
quote:
Originally written by Zorro:

Argh - I feel really badly about doing that. I think I'll email Jeff and let him know that I have no idea if Richard White died.
FYT

--------------------
-ben4808
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #196
This, our mother thread, must never perish.

I would also add that I did not encounter Richard White on Kaua'i, which of course makes sense, as he's really in all our hearts. Literally.

[ Saturday, August 13, 2005 14:07: Message edited by: Drew ]
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #197
I think it would be more accurate to say that there's a little of Richard White's heart in all of us. That is, those of us who knows if he's alive or not.

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #198
quote:
a little of Richard White's heart in all of us
Or, in my case, a little of his spleen.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #199
The two of you obviously haven't had your implants installed properly, then.

Pages