RWG

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: RWG
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #250
Who knew that the subtle differences between U and I could affect the genetic viability of */ferrets as well as allow us to distinguish the difference between self and other?

—Alorael, who found it fascinating. Still, it was a bit of a letdown that the razordisk/ferrets were, well, not good. Very not good indeed.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #251
You know, the scissor/chickens project is still ongoing. It was until now quite succesful. Then came the targeting practice...

The almighty chicken gods ask to not let us down and donate money, to help all wounded scissor/chickens. Pillows containing feathers are also welcome.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #252
This may all be up to the quantum particle/ferrets before we know it.

--------------------
-ben4808
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #253
Ferrets are already quantized. They aren't exactly particles under most circumstances, but you can apply all the usual Newtonian methods to analyze ferret motion.

—Alorael, who is curious to know how a [ferret]+ and a [ferret]- would interact. Can ferrets have opposed spins? What happens if a ferret collides with an anti-ferret?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #254
Ferrets also have wavelengths and diffract when going through slits (or doorways). It's just that the diffraction is usually rather small.

But is it possible that the collision of a ferret and an anti-ferret is responsible for the dichotomy between RW and RB?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #255
That depends. RW and RB are, for as far as I know, nothing more then two cosmic powers. A collsion between a ferret and an anti-ferret shouldn't be so violent that it could be responsible for the dichotomy of the powers. If it can though, then what where RW and RB before the dichotomy? RC (Richard Colourless)?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #256
RW and RB are what happens when a ferret and an anti-ferret collide.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #257
quote:
Originally written by Spring:

How can you be so sure? And if this is true, then what exactly causes it during the collision? Does every ferret have RW and RB inside himself, and upon colliding this gets free, creating RW and RB?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #258
RB is the silent, hidden dark/ferret in your soul.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #259
From RB none return.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #260
Turn away from his pants, young ones!

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #261
According to quantum field theory, there's a little bit of everything in everything. Well, except for stuff that's forbidden by symmetry. But that doesn't really cut it down very much.

This only bears so much thinking about. Then you just shrug, take another sip of espresso, and get back to your Feynman diagrams. It's the Scientific Method.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #262
You can keep your waves to yourself, sir!

[Edit: Don't blame the coordinate system!]

—Alorael, who supposes that 0 degrees of very tenuous separation is impressive. It's one thing to claim to be so close to Kevin Bacon. It is quite another to claim to be intermingled with Kevin Bacon.

[ Monday, November 07, 2005 09:06: Message edited by: UBl8 ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #263
Or you could just fry Kevin bacon and eat him for breakfast with sausages and eggs. Mmmmmmm...

[ Monday, November 07, 2005 09:17: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #264
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

quote:
Originally written by Spring:

How can you be so sure? And if this is true, then what exactly causes it during the collision? Does every ferret have RW and RB inside himself, and upon colliding this gets free, creating RW and RB?

RW is the process of a [ferret]+ transforming into a [ferret]-, and RB is the process of a [ferret]- transforming into a [ferret]+. Neither are objects, they are "events" oscillating through space and time. The entire universe is merely the byproduct of the primal collision of two ferrets of opposite spin.

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #265
so I was right when I said that RW and RB are two sort of "cosmic powers"? You can't touch them, you can't feel them, but they are there *waving with my little magic wand*

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #266
You people suck.

Give Deacon back his forum.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #267
I keep hoping that this discussion causes the implosion of Thralni. Maybe that could be a byproduct of the intersection of the Richard and antiRichard particles.

*this message sponsored by CERN*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #268
You could change your moniker to "Implode Thralni Now", but that would be too already done. I say, live and let live. The best secret orders are deliberately broad in their apparent membership, so that no-one can be sure who is Really a member.

Speaking of good secret orders, how many people realize that of the many secret orders which populate Umberto Eco's Foucault's Pendulum, the only one which was not invented by Eco is the one which (in the novel) his characters invent: TRES.

The actual TRES was, however, fictional. That is, the NKVD (precursor to the KGB) created it as a bogus White Russian secret society, in order to entrap potential anti-Bolsheviks. As a genuine fake secret order, as opposed to Eco's many fake genuine secret orders, it was extremely successful.

The moral of the story is, that whether a secret order is real or not can be an extremely subtle question.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #269
The Cult exists and does not exist simultaneously. Tomorrow it will have existed absolutely yesterday, but it won't exist today, and the day after it will exist right now but not yeterday, tomorrow, or next Thursday.

—Alorael, who believes this is somehow related to the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle. The more you participate in a cult, the less certain you can be that it's the genuine article.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #270
But the more certain you are that it's a genuine article, the more you participate. Right? Maybe I'm mixed up anyway.

--------------------
-ben4808
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #271
quote:
Originally written by Shingai no Junkyousha:

Give Deacon back his forum.
Well, whoever Deacon is, he didn't seem to be using this forum very much.

White abhors a vacuum. He prefers to use his Celestial Broom.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #272
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I keep hoping that this discussion causes the implosion of Thralni. Maybe that could be a byproduct of the intersection of the Richard and antiRichard particles.

*this message sponsored by CERN*

I would like to implode (explode though I'll always like better, but what the hell). New experiences are always welcome. Still I don't quite understand this hostile reaction. Actually, now that I think of it, you where always hostile to me for some reason, so it follows the tradition. And I'm not going to react to TM this time, I only hope that what Lady Davida said on the other discussion is true and this isn't the real TM. I'm waiting now for some time, but he doesn't seem to change into the "one who will free the boards" or something, what I heard for svereal times now.

EDIT: BTW, I don't think whatever you say can cause me implosion. I don't think anything can cause that. however, you could always try to irritate me until I go crazy and explode of fury. As you've already started doing that, i suppose this was an unnecesary comment.

[ Wednesday, November 09, 2005 00:35: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #273
quote:
Originally written by Thralni, emperor of Riverrod:

I only hope that what Lady Davida said on the other discussion is true and this isn't the real TM. I'm waiting now for some time, but he doesn't seem to change into the "one who will free the boards" or something, what I heard for svereal times now.
I cannot help but be amused by the fact that although you were so annoyed by the inability of others to detect your sarcasm in TM's moniker topic, you are equally unable to detect the sarcasm of others.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #274
You have experience with TM, me not. Therefor I can't say anything about him until I have had some experience, which I'm slowly getting. And believe me, its all negative at the moment. (God, TM is probably going to bomb me now I said that. Well, maybe I will explode!)

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!

Pages