RWG

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: RWG
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #100
Vacillation is a virtue, or maybe a vice.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #101
"Wow, I just noticed this topic," said ben, "and it's not surprising, seeing that I have never before looked into the RW forum."

I think that's right, but maybe the 'a' on 'and' needed to be capitalized.

It seems that when you include quotations for a highlighted or grouped statement at the end of the sentence, the puctuation should go outside the last quote, if you know what I mean.

Man, I never would've thought a RW topic could rack up 100 replies. :eek: Unfortunately, I have just contaminated yet another forum. That makes 5.

--------------------
-ben4808
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #102
quote:
Originally written by andrew miller:

The pigeon has finally taken wing. It was kind of fun to watch him make his first few small flights, but I'm glad he's gone.

Anyone know a good way to remove bird crap from concrete?

Okay, I know this is kind of late, but still. Having kept birds for two years, I know that there are "scrapers" you can buy at a bird or pet shop. They are built for the very purpose of cleaning crusted-on bird crap.

I appoligize for both bringing up the topic again and for jumping in late, but I don't come here often because I have a PC.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon
Well, I'm at least pretty

By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #103
Hey, no problem - I appreciate any suggestions. For now, we're kind of waiting to see how much of it can be taken care of by the rain, while we wait to see if anyone will buy the porch furniture we registered for from our wedding registry. :)
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #104
Does Richard White ever post in these forums? Does anybody know if he is developing a Windows version of his games? Because I don't currently have a Macintosh, and I want to know what his games are like.
Edit: These last few pages of posts seem to really be getting off-topic, whatever the topic was.

[ Thursday, June 09, 2005 02:07: Message edited by: The Stew Boy ]
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #105
Look at the first page of this thread.

--------------------
DONOR Fat Freddys Drop
Shirow Miwa
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #106
Short answer: Richard's disappeared off the face of the earth, and if you can't play his games you're not missing terribly much.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #107
Somebody should put a 'whatever happened to Richard White?' subplot into a BoA scenario. We would then have a canonical answer to this question.

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #108
BoA scenarios are not canonical. We would have heated debates over which version of RW's history most closely adheres to a conservative extrapolation from known facts. In the absence of those, we'd just wrangle fruitlessly.

—Alorael, who knows the vahnatai are responsible for the creation of almost all intelligent life on Ermarian and that the capital of the Empire is Solaria.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #109
Goodness, I don't want to go down in history as the person who introduced fruitless wrangling to these boards. I retract my suggestion!

--------------------
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #110
Has RW ever posted here? He must still be collecting royalty from Spiderweb some way or another, y'know.

--------------------
-ben4808
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #111
Collecting royalties would require people to actually be registering his games.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #112
Perhaps he received a healthy advance on Galactic Core royalties, and is lying low to avoid having to pay it back.

Perhaps he is nervously checking this very thread every day, to make sure that spidwebbers still don't have a clear bead on him.

A clear bead is about what his royalties ought to have been worth.

[ Sunday, June 12, 2005 18:34: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #113
I just registered 1,000 copies of his games. That should help. Praise me!

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #114
And by "register", you mean "smash and burn"?

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
Agent
Member # 618
Profile Homepage #115
Now now, I hear Galactic Core wasn't that bad, though having played Homeland, maybe it was... Homeland really bugged me, though. The endless clicking, the shoddy interface and dialogue, the dying, five seconds after you finally clicked your finger off, getting to the dungeon...
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #116
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

I just registered 1,000 copies of his games. That should help. Praise me!
Way to go.

--------------------
-ben4808
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #117
I thought so. We have to support the good game designers. That and I just won 13 million dollars.

--------------------
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #118
I can try to be a good game designer. Would that be worth anything to you?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #119
I have minimal experience designing games and patchy knowledge of coding. I'll come up with something better than Galactic Core quite soon. Like, oh, another Tetris knock-off. Or a program that just crashes your computer.

—Alorael, who is reminded of a "fun" game an associate once made. Its high point was deleting random files from your computer whenever you lost. Despite this, it was still more fun than GC.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #120
quote:
Originally written by Dyspost:

—Alorael, who is reminded of a "fun" game an associate once made. Its high point was deleting random files from your computer whenever you lost. Despite this, it was still more fun than GC.
If I made a game that would transfer a dollar from your bank account to mine whenever you died, but would transfer 100$ back when you won the game, would you play it? :)

[ Thursday, June 16, 2005 08:44: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #121
No, on account of the fact that the program would have access to my account, in which case, I would always lose.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #122
quote:
Originally written by Amitiel:

Now now, I hear Galactic Core wasn't that bad
Speaking as possibly the only person to register Galactic Core, I have to say it wasn't a bad game, but it wasn't exactly a good one either. I've referred to it before as the "cotton candy" of strategy games—meaning it doesn't take long to learn how to play, the interface is simple, and it makes galactic conquest almost impossible not to achieve. It's good for a quick few rounds of interstellar carnage and is surprisingly soothing when you're in a bad mood and feel like laying waste to heavily populated planets without even trying. And the graphics are rather nice, the races moderately interesting (especially with a healthy dose of imagination contributed by the player), and can provide several hours of nigh-mindless entertainment. In short, it's fun but insubstantial.

From what I've heard of Homeland, Galactic Core is several magnitudes better, even if solely due to the fact that it actually works. I've heard that SubTerra is probably Richard White's best game, so naturally it's not available for Macintosh.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #123
Is RW's e-mail posted somewhere?

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #124
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

I've heard that SubTerra is probably Richard White's best game, so naturally it's not available for Macintosh.
SubTerra isn't an RW game; it's by Radiant (can't seem to come up with his real name), a member here. Which probably explains why it has a much better reputation than any of the other non-JV SW games.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.

Pages