Announcement on the status of Scorpius and Ed Lemur

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Announcement on the status of Scorpius and Ed Lemur
Shock Trooper
Member # 216
Profile Homepage #0
DexterLegato: Let it be known that me and Scorp are now gay lovers.

I have done this on behalf of his request. Let us embrace homosexuality as a part of life, and no longer view homosexuals with prejudice as outcasts and freaks, but enjoy that we have two of them who are proud of their sexuality, right here at Spidweb.

--------------------
Song of the Pack -- An Online Multiplayer Wolf RPG!~
SCORPIUS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #1
IMAGE(http://plaza.ufl.edu/benmoore/rolleyes-big.gif)

--------------------
CLICK HERE IF YOU LOVE JESUS

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Warrior
Member # 2000
Profile Homepage #2
Come here, snugglekins.

--------------------
Since Imban Likes to Edit my Posts ...

... And Drakey likes to edit your signature. Stop it, Ed.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #3
I was not aware that you could mention things such as homosexuality here. Perhaps I am wrong, but then again no one ever cares what I think.

So I will leave this at a simple "strange"
One Thousand Slimy Things
Member # 66
Profile #4
Hoorj! Don't forget to post pics!

--------------------
Saundersw3: And bitter is better!
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #5
When's the wedding? Am I invited?
La Canaliste
DELETED
Member # 21
Profile #6
We are all invited. It will be the Canadian Wedding of the Year!

--------------------
KazeArctica: Oh yes.
KazeArctica: Oh YES
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #7
LF, homosexuality is accepted here under the CoC. I'm not sure if Scorp is, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

—Alorael, who would like to know whether this relationship was declared under the influence of intoxicating substances like Desperance or OMGJeremy. If not, it's probably not going to last very long.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #8
*glares at LF*

It's using homosexuality as an insult which is usually frowned upon here.
Lifecrafter
Member # 34
Profile Homepage #9
Curiouser and curiouser...I remember when 'General' used to just be about Spiderweb. *sigh* Dem' good ol' days.

--------------------
Sharka, a two-ton white rhino, got amorous with Dave Alsop's car when he stopped with three friends to take pictures of the animal mating with his partner Trixie at the West Midland Safari Park.
—CNN's website, 4/22/04
Note the value of commas. Try reading the sentence out loud.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #10
All right, on the count of three: One...two...three...AWWWWWWWWW! SO CUTE! *ducks hail of tomatoes*

People who use "gay" as an insult are usually either ignorant fools who have only a dim view of what being gay means or homophobes with homosexual tendencies who are trying to cover up for it.

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 147
Profile #11
I remember an occasion a few years ago when some kid got in an argument with a friend of mine who's very camp. He called him 'homophobic.'

He could not understand why we fell about the place laughing.
Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #12
quote:
Originally posted by Rantallion:
I remember an occasion a few years ago when some kid got in an argument with a friend of mine who's very camp. He called him 'homophobic.'

He could not understand why we fell about the place laughing.

I don't understand, either. What's Homophobic?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.
BoE Posse
Member # 2475
Profile Homepage #13
Homophobia is a fear of or contempt for gays or lesbians. A homophobic person is someone with homophobia.

[ Friday, May 23, 2003 13:49: Message edited by: xxo ]

--------------------
http://members.aol.com/risberg/blades/

Eternity approaches.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #14
I feel so happ that I frequent such an enlightened, accepting board. And I congratulate you on your budding relationship.

And LF, if I said the word 'heterosexual' here, there would be no cause for censoring. So why would there be with the word 'homosexual'?

--------------------
Aces off.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #15
I feel sorry for Alec Kryas.

I also think that RoR is being just as ignorant as she thinks homophobes are. How can you say those are the only two? Basically, you're saying that anyone who can't accept homosexuality is either stupid, or gay. Contrary to popular belief, I am not the former, and as everyone here knows, I am not the latter. Your argument dies the death.

I know this will turn into a big YellatDaveforNotBeingLikeUsfest, but I will not respond to your posts yet, although they are so predictable I could very well finish up this argument and get it locked, and get Alec, Scorp, and assorted other "warned", as is going to happen anyway, btu I don't have the time. That was a long sentence.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Agent
Member # 1169
Profile #16
To Rosycat: Because of the EVIL RIGHT-WING CONSERVATIVES who think it will BRING ABOUT THE APOCALYPSE and BREAK APART THE TRADITIONAL FAMILY STRUCTURE and CAUSE SMALL CHILDREN TO DEVELOP LEPROSY. :rolleyes:

To David: I think you fall under the "ignorant" category, personally. To be so blinded by your religion as to refuse to accept people for who they are, and to go so far as to tell them that they're wrong for feeling the way they feel...I call that ignorant. It's narrow-minded, and narrow-mindedness is ignorance because close-minded people are so convinced that they're right that they refuse to see any other options. Have you ever met a gay person? Have you ever tried to have a conversation with one, or tried to look at life from their perspective? Or have you simply condemned them because you've been taught that it's wrong? I don't care what the Bible says; just because the Bible says something doesn't make it true. In the words of Clarence Darrow: "The Bible is a book. It's a good book, but it's not the only book."

I'm not criticizing your religion. I'm criticizing the way you follow it to the point where you feel justified in harming other people. I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever with organized religion if it was live-and-let-live. If you're going to stubbornly refuse to even look at the other side of the issue and just hide behind your Bible and shout "IT'S WRONG, AND I'M RIGHT IN SAYING THAT," then I place you in the category of "ignorant homophobes."

[ Friday, May 23, 2003 15:31: Message edited by: Little Miss Agoraphobia ]

--------------------
"Man hands down misery to man. It deepens like a coastal shelf. Get out as early as you can, and don't have any kids yourself."--Philip Larkin, "This Be the Verse"

Fear the wrath of the Grammar Wench, lest ye be cut down by the Glistening Scythe.
Infiltrator
Member # 2445
Profile #17
Erm... you feel sorry for Lena Suksi why?

--------------------
Aces off.
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #18
PS - Ed is not my boyfriend

--------------------

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #19
I'd put religion in a different category from ignorant and homosexual-but-hiding-it. The reasons are different, and while I disagree with them, I can at least understand them. However, just as I don't try to push acceptance of homosexuality on others, I'd prefer if nobody tried to push intolerance on me.

—Alorael, who also dislikes the word homophobia. It should mean fear of homosexuals, not hatred, and he only knows one person who fears them (or feels uncomfortable around them) without hating them or feeling that their sexual orientation is wrong.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #20
*gasp* Scorp! How can you say such a thing? After he's proclaimed his love for you, you can't even publicly accept your relationship? :( Unless you're just lovers and not his boyfriend....

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 58
Profile #21
Hiding behind semantics is a popular technique for denial.

DragynBob, maybe they have an open relationship. It's not unheard of these days.
Lifecrafter
Member # 1360
Profile #22
quote:
Originally posted by iDavid:
Basically, you're saying that anyone who can't accept homosexuality is either stupid, or gay.
Wait, if they're gay, how can they not accept homosexuality? :confused:

EDIT: Eh, spacing problems.

[ Friday, May 23, 2003 18:06: Message edited by: Dim Pranks ]
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #23
This topic is so dense with idiocy, I'm surprised it hasn't supernova'd on itself.

Ed, Feran, and I were joking.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 2339
Profile #24
quote:
Originally posted by Vladimir Scorpius:
IMAGE(http://plaza.ufl.edu/benmoore/rolleyes-big.gif)
Wait, what do you mean by this, Scorp?

--------------------
This is MY link.
Click here,or here for the yoga dance mix!Click here to get to the misc. boards!
Attack, icons, attack!THIS PAGE ROCKS!!
Vicious virus stalks the web, has already infected over 150 computers: read more!
We have tried to not harm anything in the making of this commercial, but we failed miserably.
One Small Step for man, one giant leap(SHCKXXXXXX)STOP POKING ME!!!
-Starcraft Observers
R.I.P-Here lies NSI, may this rp be remembered.

Pages