Xylgham udwlnit skretcko!1!!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Xylgham udwlnit skretcko!1!!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #450
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

It almost seems... too easy.
I'm thinking of various Carry On-esque jokes. Unfortunately, they all require that the Urnoob by extremely camp, and astoundingly un-PC.

I'll also lend a hand with the project, if it's needed.

And Dikiyoba: are any more Episodes planned anytime soon?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #451
Love it, even though it seems my PM didn't make it to you in time. The periodic table of spiderwebbers shows a slight discrepency. (may need a refreshing) Mariann does have carbon after all. (Oops, looks like she didn't get put on the large graphic, just the interactive chart. Sorry.)

As for the making of the scenario, my two cents. If you want to see it done, then go ahead and start working on it. Ephesos, make towns reflecting each forum. Somebody (or many of you) take the script and work on dialogues. Plan a chat for discussing direction and for working out 'the party'. Somebody's gotta take charge and push it or it'll never be finished.

[ Wednesday, August 02, 2006 18:31: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #452
Originally by Jewels:

quote:
Love it, even though it seems my PM didn't make it to you in time.
I saw the PM in time to give Thuryl nobelium, though. And I linked to the table on my site.

Originally by Nikki:

quote:
And Dikiyoba: are any more Episodes planned anytime soon?
I've said it before: I don't start thinking about Episode 3 until after I finish Episode 2. I've still got a short scene, a long scene, and possibly an illustration to go.

Originally by Jewels:

quote:
Somebody (or many of you) take the script and work on dialogues. Plan a chat for discussing direction and for working out 'the party'. Somebody's gotta take charge and push it or it'll never be finished.
It would be interesting if the party were a group of "new arrivals". And the beggar graphic modified to have a sniper rifle and a bottle of skribbane would probably make a good Alorael.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #453
Alright, scenario people! Let's get organized! Everybody interested PM me!

(And we're keeping this small! No full coverage of a script 'till we can get something small done!)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #454
Act 10, Scene 4. It grew to be a little longer than I originally planned, but, hopefully, that's a good thing.

-----

Translations:

291|)35\/\/38 12 3\/11 = Spiderweb is evil.

4|-||-||-||-|!!1 |\|07 4|\|07|-|35 0|\|3!!1 = Ahhhh! Not another one!!!

-----

Dikiyoba also put up a little illustration. Dikiyoba hopes it's not too dark to see who's in it.
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #455
Good work. I like the spellchecker.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #456
I'm not really sticking around. Maybe in a few weeks. But I want to say nice work Tenacious Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #457
Well, this is finally it. The conclusion of Episode 2. Now all that's left is to put any final reviews in.

Dikiyoba.

Edit: Post 1700. Yay.

[ Wednesday, August 09, 2006 08:59: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #458
Three and a half months? A barrel of monkeys floating in the ocean could have come up with a better ending than that one. Bleagh.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #459
Utter brilliance. The only two things that could have made me remember would have been Aran declaring his undy... Aran talking to me ( :P ) or Stuggie. I think you out-did yourself with the characaturing (sp?) too.

And the ending was deliciously Douglas Adams-esque...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #460
My review:
A clever and amusing look at the Boards and online forums overall. The characterization and storytelling skill are leaps ahead of its predecessor.

[feel free to ignore the rest]
I thought the climax was a bit abrupt. But hey, it was still a worthwhile saga to keep up with.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin just started dancing for no particular reason.
I'm scared.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #461
From the little of the Homeland demo I played, it seems that the full version would be a formidible weapon indeed...

My two bits in Project DikiScen would be that reproducing the script exactly would be very hard. You'd have to script every action of every NPC so they act according to the script. Besides, a direct copy wouldn't be as fun.

Maybe if we tried something different? Like every member who's interested submit one town featuring themselves and a minor quest, while several people coordinate a major quest and the outdoors (though outdoors might be scrapped altogether if the scen features the forums).

Anyways, I'm tentatively in. Here's hoping I'll be at least moderately evil in it.

--------------------
(Turns off auto-misspell-checker.)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #462
I would have like to see Aran give the final stat report for this episode. Number of dead, number of revivals, number controlled by the thing, and number of plans to get the thing.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #463
...final reviews? How about "w00t"? That's really all there is to say.

So... there isn't going to be another script in the near future, right?

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #464
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
So... there isn't going to be another script in the near future, right?
No, not in the near future, as I'm all out of big ideas and almost out of small ideas.

Originally by Jumpin' Salmon:

quote:
A barrel of monkeys floating in the ocean could have come up with a better ending than that one.
Poo on you. :P Dikiyoba tried using monkeys floating on the ocean in a barrel once. They could never meet a deadline.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #465
Hey! You took that completely out of context!

I was merely complementing the manner in which you ended the script. Completely in character with how I congratulated the opening of the script. It bookends quite nicely, don't you think?

--------------------
quote:

Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #466
Kind of a shabby ending.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.
:ph34r:
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #467
quote:
Hey! You took that completely out of context!

How lucky you can't ban people... ^_^

Meh, I guess it's all right. At least I got two whole lines in the closing scene, one of them even over 5 words long. I guess that makes up for the fact that there wasn't any mention of me even being in the closing scene apart from those two lines.

Some deity you are, Diki. You ought to treat your cultists better than that. :P

As for your review:

"I read it to the end, then started again at the beginning. I needed to rinse the memory of the abrupt ending, see."

[ Thursday, August 10, 2006 05:29: Message edited by: Drow ]

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Infiltrator
Member # 5410
Profile #468
dropping in between holidays (dropping is the key word as my holiday partner dropped 6' and broke his tailbone. Ruined a good holiday there I tell you)

My reviw (of the ending): Awful, worse than dieing and need I remind you how I feel about dieing

quote:
Um, I really didn't like dying. If getting resurrected means dying again I am most certainly not up for that unpleasant experience
On the whole, had to beat myself with a stick to get rid of the painful images. As a result, I am up for dieing again.

--------------------
"Dikiyoba ... is demon ... drives people mad and ... do all sorts of strange things."

"You Spiderwebbians are mad, mad, mad as March hares."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #469
Originally by Arancaytar:

quote:
Some deity you are, Diki. You ought to treat your cultists better than that. :P
It never existed.
It was but n00bish spam,
An exercise in absurdity,
Without rhyme or reason.
But the idea lives on...

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #470
NOOO! :(

Such a lovely temple... all for nothing.

Oh well, I suppose the NS nation is enough. You should probably move it out of the Pacific though. Its delegate is a dictator!

--
Disclaimer: That last statement is one that you will heard about any region. :P

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #471
As far as stories go, it reminds me of Return of the King. A hopeless battle won by the insane tenacity of a few and an ending that is so tenacious, only the die-hard fans appreciate it.

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #472
Okay, now that many people have had a chance to read the final scenes, I'm seeing that some of you think that the ending could have been better (which I agree with). But what do you think I should have done instead to make the ending better? Be specific as possible.

This goes for anything in the story, really. What did people like, what did people dislike, what could have been improved?

Participation is voluntary, of course, but Dikiyoba would greatly appreciate it.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #473
You mean besides revealing that the ur-noob and the thing were both alter-egos of Jeff Vogel?

Prolly nothing. Everything else was good.

--------------------
quote:

Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #474
Considering that it is only Episode 2 and that eventually there will be another episode, there needs to be some loose ends. Scrap scene 5 and 6 and end at 10.4. Then there's pleanty of room for the next sequel.

--------------------

Pages