Terror's Martyr

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Terror's Martyr
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #0
Should TM be brought back now?

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 48 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=tpLvyCdSijRa"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=tpLvyCdSijRa"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Infiltrator
Member # 5991
Profile Homepage #1
i dont no who TM is so i dont know wha way to vote

--------------------
Visit the RIFQ Forums
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #2
quote:
Originally written by Chief Spider watching The Simpsons:

Should TM be brought back now?
Brought back??? He is just temporarily banned; it wasn't like he was thrown away, kicked out or anything. To Dark_Crusader: TM (Terror's Martyr) is member #4 of SW. He was a mod way back when SW started, and you can probably find more about him, and why he was banned if you do a search on him. I just hope this topic doesn't become another "why did they banned TM?" thread.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
Just curious... why would you post about something you don't know about?

Anyway, TM is welcome back whenever A) his sentence is up, and B) he behaves.

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #4
He'll be back on October 16, so be patient. :P

That's 12 days, if my calculations are correct.

--------------------
Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #5
He'll be back very soon anyway. And the way this poll is going everyone is eagar for his return.

Edit: 2 posts in the time it took to write that.

[ Tuesday, October 04, 2005 17:15: Message edited by: Kingy ]
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Just curious... why would you post about something you don't know about?
One word: SPAM. Two words: Increase Posts.
and there is that slight chance that he might just be interested in knowing who TM is???

Edit: Fixed the Quote

[ Tuesday, October 04, 2005 17:27: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #7
He wasn't banned on a whim, people. He's had it coming for years. Literally. I'd be waiting expectantly for the 16th if I thought he'd learned a thing from this, but I really don't. Anyway, who's to say he's coming back?

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #8
I'll probably get lambasted from both sides for my interjection here, maybe from TM too, if he decides to grace us with his presence again after the ban.

I could be wrong, but from the 3+ years of lurking here, I've found that TM's personality is quite similar to my own. He is antagonistic, cynical, has a problem with authority, comes off as egotistical, and believes that he is right. The major difference between us is that I tend to practice self-restraint. Well, usually.

Frankly, I don't believe that banning TM for anything other than gross violations of the CoC is the way to go. Really, you should take anything he says with a grain of salt.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu's The Fart of War
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #9
I voted no because now is Oct 4th and his restraining order hasn't expired.

When it is time, I would welcome him back if he would have us. Otherwise, I'll visit his other haunts.

*this message sponsored by the lyceum*
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #10
He tends to make topics more interesting, either through pissing people off or just being pissed off and kind of bitter. Due to the fact that I spend much more time lurking than posting, I'd say he should most definitely return.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
Between inanities like this thread and posts that ask who TM is, it is certainly high time for his return. I await 10/16.

[ Tuesday, October 04, 2005 19:13: Message edited by: Aran-something. ]

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #12
No.

--------------------
I stop rubber at 160km/h, five times a week.
CANUCKS
RESPEK!
My Style
The Knight Between Posts.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #13
A valid point. I wonder how he'll respond to the spam floods we've been having lately...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #14
TM has almost gained Celebrity status through this banning, everyone either wants him back or wants to know who he is.

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #15
TM has gained celebrity status several times over years ago, and you of all people have been here long enough to know this. The reason people are asking who he is is because there's an entire generation of newbies who have never seen him.

--------------------
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"I single Aran out due to his nasty temperament, and his superior intellect." --- SupaNik
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #16
TM has waited eleven weeks already; he can wait another two.

--------------------
My BoE Page
Bandwagons are fun!
Roots
Hunted!
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #17
I'd like him back just for the comicness sometimes. But I do think he is rather crazy.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #18
I don't think it's worth it. At least if he behaves like before.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Infiltrator
Member # 5806
Profile Homepage #19
He managed to get me off the forums through being unpleasant and making me feel very uncomfortable; I was very sensitive back then since I was bullied badly by my old friends, if you remember.

--------------------
So, as the great Groxy, I have come back to be served by goblins. In the "main hall" of the goblin cave was a large totem which resembled very much of... me.
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #20
Crickey, Eaglet! With friends like that, who needs enemies? I'll tell you what though. One of the nicer things about growing up is getting beyond the pettiness and meanness of confused, insecure, ignorant kids taking out their neuroses on each other, while they try to figure out who they are.

Of course, the flipside is that then you get to deal with the pettiness and meanness of confused, insecure, ignorant adults taking out their neuroses on each other, while they try to figure out who they are.

Oh, never mind.

--------------------
[Insert Signature Here]
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #21
I think TM is funny. So yes, I think he should come back when his ban is lifted. Whether or not he will come back is a different story.

--------------------
I'll put a Spring in your step.

Polaris
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
This thread is beginning to become a pain to eyes and mind. Is there something worthwhile that can be added to the discussion, or are we going to repeat the last 3-4 related topics?

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 3351
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Eagle, the author soul:

He managed to get me off the forums through being unpleasant and making me feel very uncomfortable; I was very sensitive back then since I was bullied badly by my old friends, if you remember.
You should always read the thread before voting as sometimes a single post can be enough to make you vote another way.

--------------------
/Seawinds are calling
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Aran-something.:

This thread is beginning to become a pain to eyes and mind. Is there something worthwhile that can be added to the discussion, or are we going to repeat the last 3-4 related topics?
Beginning? I think it got there in the first post. Those that don't know who TM is have an excuse, for everyone else: Honestly! What is with you people? Why do you all make such a big deal out of this?

First of all, I'm not so certain that being funny has ever been one of TM's greatest motivations for being as he is and I find it unlikely he will be returning (if he does) purely for the sake of your entertainment.

Second of all, as the last few months have shown, while he adds his own certain flavor to the boards, his presence or lack thereof hardly makes or breaks the community. Personally, I have nothing against him and wouldn't mind if he came back, as long as he no longer viciously attacks members and openly flaunts the CoC. The very reasons, in fact, that he was banned. I agree that TM certainly adds to the boards most of the time, but that is not an excuse for behavior that is inflammatory and offensive.

Somehow many of you seem to fail to understand that TM wasn't banned for being TM. He was banned for violating the CoC when he had repeatedly been warned and had just barely returned from a short ban.

If, when he comes back, he repeats the offences that got him banned, I think he should banned again, possibly permanently as he would have shown he is completely unwilling to make a small effort to avoid openly attacking and insulting people.

If, on the other hand, he does not repeat his offences, I think that the boards would indeed probably be a just bit more interesting for his being here and I would have no problem with him.

Basically, everyone needs to understand when the ban is up he will return or he won't and it's unlikely anything any of us have to say will affect that either way. Deal with it.

--------------------
Take the Personality Test! INTJ 100% 75% 100% 44%
Huzzah for the Masterminds!
www.Keirsey.com for personality information.
The Sloganizer! "Swing your Archmage Alex."
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.

Pages