Favorite game...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favorite game...
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
It doesn't have to be an RPG. I mean, any game, whether it's a video game, board game, a game you play to amuze others, sports, etc...

I personally do not have a favorite game as I played a lot of video games when I was younger and not many stood out to me.

Oh, and has anyone heard of "Tales of Phantasia" by any chance? it seems everywhere I go, people have never even heard of this game.

[ Wednesday, July 27, 2005 15:23: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
Soccer or Ultimate Frisbee. Or volleyball. Blades of Exile is not far behind. Then Championship/Football Manager.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
desperance.net - We're Everywhere
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #2
I'm in love with:

-Quake series (video games)
-Soccer (a real sport)
-Making music (it's sometimes like a game...)
-Love (hey, tell me that's not a game)

Not in that order, probably...

--------------------
The critics agree!

Demonslayer is "a five star hit!" raves TIMES Weekly!

"I've never heard such thoughtful comments. This man is a genious!" says two-time Nobel Prize winning physicist Erwin Rasputin!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #3
The game(s) that I have valued most so bar in my short life would have to be the Civilization series. I keep coming back to them.

And of course Myth (Preferably Myth:TFL), which I have been playing non-stop since 97.

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #4
Most sports, computer program or not.
Anything else that's a game and not unnecessarily obscene, poorly designed, or easy.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #5
Wrestling with ferrets is my favorite game.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #6
My favourties would be -
Syndicate (genesis)
Centurian (genesis)
Theme Park (genesis)
Metal Gear Solid (PS1)
FFVIII (PS1)
GT2 (PS1)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 (PS1)
Super Mario 64 (N64)
Mario Kart (N64)
1080 (N64)
Avernum 2 (PC)
Counter-Strike (PC, this is largely because I used to play it so much)
Dungeon Keeper (PC)
Elder Scrolls III, Morrowind (PC)

quote:
Originally written by demonslaeyr:

Love
Yea. About a week ago I would have said the same thing but recently my year long relationship went bad so I'm not seeing that as being so fun anymore.
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #7
Basketball, soccer, and football.

Age Of Empires II Conquerers, Exile III, Madness Interactive, and Stick RPG.

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #8
I have heard of and played through Tales of Phantasia. I can't say it ranked among my favorites, but I did enjoy it enough to finish.

I will admit to loving Myth II enormously. I have never played Myth I, but from what I know it has the same things to make it wonderful. Hearing "casualties" after taking your eye off of your own dwarves is priceless. Now that I have a computer that can run it, I should look into getting Myth III.

Ultimate is a great game, but Frisbee is a trademark. Nobody recognizes "Ultimate Disk," thoughAvoid teams that seem to believe that the absence of a referee is a license to cheat as much as possible. Enjoy playing in high winds, where it's much like an extended and physically taxing coin flip.

Civilization 2 has had permanent squatting rights on my hard disk even when it took up a sizeable portion of my disk space.

Sparkz and Angband are my (very different) versions of time-wasting Tetris. I am a proud (cheating) winner of Angband. Winning without cheating still eludes me.

—Alorael, who cycles through playing all of these games and others. He also has a little habit of games by a company called Spiderweb. You've probably heard of it.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #9
Well, let's see...

I always enjoyed Starfox, either the SNES version or N64 version. The release of Starfox Adventures killed my love for the franchise though, and I haven't touched it since.

Earthbound is my favorite RPG without question. It's a very unique game, and I still play it occasionally despite having beaten it at least 20 times. Since it has a cult following, many fans have released utilities that allow one to mod a ROM of their games, even for the Mac OS. That's great fun for me.

Morrowind is number two.

D&D is in a category above all others.

I also enjoy watching baseball, boxing, badminton, and the occasional basketball or soccer game.
I can only watch badminton on TV every four years with the coming of the Olympics.

There are many other games I enjoy, but these are the ones I can think of at the moment that fit the "favorite" category.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
I've left out two very important entertainments, actually. Chess is great for when you have some time to devote to crushing the ego of your foe (or maybe having your ego crushed), and Nine Men's Morris is good for when you have only a short time in which to perform a similar feat.

—Alorael, who even enjoys the occasional game of Settlers of Catan or Apples to Apples, both for similar reasons. Shouting frantically at other players is very therapeutic. The former has the benefit of being a dignified, codified, and official game, however, while Apples to Apples is distinguished mainly by its absurdity and the necessary element of unabashed favoritism.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #11
Footy, AoE and SW games.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #12
The board game Risk is also really fun.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
Sport fishing.

Commercial salmon fishing.

Boardgame - Scrabble
Specialty card game - Pit
Card game - Cribbage
Team sports - Soccer, base/softball
Individual sport - Umm. No.

The only game system I've owned was a colecovision. They stopped making them a while ago. Ooops, I had a pong game before that. RF modulators rule!

Most PC computer games are resource hogs, and demand a lot of memory and money. Therefore, I only play games that came out prior to 2001, or SW games. I may come around, but I doubt it.

*this message sponsored by posideon - guaranteeing a fishy weekend*
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #14
Jumpin' Salmon - Whats pit?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
quote:
Originally found at thehouseofcards.com
Pit, the fast-paced card game from Parker Brothers, has been a top performer since its introduction way back in 1904. With all the ups and downs, desperate deals, and nonstop action of an actual trading floor, this lively game offers great fun without risking the family fortune. The rules are simple: Deal the cards, wait for the opening bell, scream and trade like crazy, be the first to corner a specific market (nine cards of the same suit), and ring the closing bell. Sounds pretty realistic, doesn't it? Once you've got the basic game mastered, try throwing Bull and Bear cards into the mix--that's when things get really interesting!
*this message sponsored by the number 9*
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #16
Soccer, fencing, Aom and G2.

Edit: Oh and Aoe2

[ Thursday, July 28, 2005 03:28: Message edited by: Shapers_doom ]

--------------------
I AM A MINOTAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM INVADING THE SHAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL SHALL FALL TO MY WRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #17
I regularly play football and will occasionally dip into the wonderful world of cricket.

I love playing Championship Manager (loving called ChampMan), and Football Manager. And Spiderweb games.

Scrabble and Chess are about the only boardgames I play regulalry. Most others get an airing once a year at Christmas.

Oh, and I adore Cheapass games.

[ Thursday, July 28, 2005 07:06: Message edited by: SupaNik ]

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #18
Hmmm, it seems we have quite an audience here for Age of Empires. Is anyone excited for AoE3, coming out in November?

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #19
um, I like every Mario game. I liked The Sims 2, Donkey Kong, Sonic, and Tomb Raider.
I also like Chess and Checkers, but prefer Checkers. And I love Baseball, Basketball (though I don't really follow the games), and Volley Ball.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #20
I play crew. :)

I enjoy Settlers of Catan as well. My favorite video game of all time though would probably have to be The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Apprentice
Member # 6157
Profile #21
My favorite games would probably have to be (in no particular order) are:

Avernum 3
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy IX
GTA:San Andreas
Starcraft(Original and Broodwar)
and just about any decent first person shooter

--------------------
Me+Dark Wyrms=Pwned
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #22
I like most roguelikes, generally in proportion to how different from Angband they are.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #23
I like watching Olympic Weightlifting, boxing, greco-roman and freestyle wrestling, full contact fighting and kickboxing, swimming, and gymnastics. I also like to watch baseball sometimes. I've tried my hand at a few different martial arts type thingies but I generally suck at it, even though I enjoy it a huge amount, tai chi-- which I've actually made some progress in, kung fu which ended up breaking one of my legs in practice. It has been a while though. Weight lifting when I was younger also swimming.

I'm also very good at backgammon. I've pondered doing a professional tournament. I like computer games a lot.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 5785
Profile #24
Oh, how foolish of me, I forgot to mention my all-time favorit game ever (Really, I keep forgetting how awsome it is); Sam&Max: Hit the Road. A puzzlesolving game from Lucas Art With real mad humor.

(And yes, this time I am dubbleposting, since my post is way up there)

--------------------
"..The seventh wave of Thrall stumbled and climbed over the slippery, piled dead and Mazzarin saw The Watcher with them and at last knew the number of his days."

Pages