Favorite game...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Favorite game...
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #25
quote:
Hmmm, it seems we have quite an audience here for Age of Empires. Is anyone excited for AoE3, coming out in November?
Yeah, and I hope that they make it for macs to. Have you seen the graphics? They're awesome!

--------------------
I AM A MINOTAUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I AM INVADING THE SHAPERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL SHALL FALL TO MY WRATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #26
Theres not to much point getting excited about those types of games until they come out. Just because a game looks and sounds good in no way means it will be. Empire Earth II was a huge disapointment. Rise of nations is by far the best one of those type games because of the whole combination of Risk and AOE.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #27
I like chess, but haven't played it much lately.

On computer, I like RPGs and Strategy games. (Although I don't like real time games: I don't want to be rushed.)

Alorael mentioned Angband. That's a good timewaster (I've discovered it from a similar thread on this board.) Other timewasters in this category include MMORPGs. I can't say that I like them, but they are good when you want to mindlessly waste some time.

A game I've greatly enjoyed recently is online version of Werewolf/Mafia party game. It combines some RP with strategy, guesses and excitment of unexpected twists. (The goal is to figure out the secret identities of other players and execute evil characters before they can kill off all innocents.) I might try running this game here, if mods don't object and people seem interested.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #28
quote:
Originally written by Shapers_doom:

quote:
Hmmm, it seems we have quite an audience here for Age of Empires. Is anyone excited for AoE3, coming out in November?
Yeah, and I hope that they make it for macs to. Have you seen the graphics? They're awesome!

Yeah, stuff like this.

However, it's going to be kind of tough to get graphics like that and good gameplay in one package, but I guess they have some good ideas.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #29
It's hard to decide ... I think it would be between Starcraft Warcraft 2, BoA, G2, and Elite Force ( for a good shoot 'em up!).

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #30
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

A game I've greatly enjoyed recently is online version of Werewolf/Mafia party game. It combines some RP with strategy, guesses and excitment of unexpected twists. (The goal is to figure out the secret identities of other players and execute evil characters before they can kill off all innocents.) I might try running this game here, if mods don't object and people seem interested.
I've only ever played Mafia in person, but this online version is quite intriguing. The game is absolutely great, and although some of the fun wouldn't translate too well into an online setting I would still love to participate.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Shock Trooper
Member # 55
Profile Homepage #31
In no real order: Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Knights of the Old Republic (I know, a Star Wars game!), Avernums 2 and 3, Civilization II, NHL: Eastside Hockey Manager 2005. Two posts in one day...is that my personal record?

Pages