Who Should Win in Geneforge 5

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who Should Win in Geneforge 5
Apprentice
Member # 11988
Profile #0
Who do you think will win in Geneforge 5

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 1 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=QjzMsGJKiOpY"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=QjzMsGJKiOpY"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Rebellion is not the answer...
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #1
Jeff could easily introduce a new faction.

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
I hope you mean "Who will win G4 to set the stage for G5?" and not "Who will win at the end of G5?", because if it's the latter, any faction could win if the player wants them to.

Dikiyoba actually thinks it will be the Trakovites. A Shaper ending ends the rebellion and a rebellion ending causes too much destruction, but the Trakovite ending is essentially a stalemate.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #3
Its not the rebels because the trakovites does same thing but with both sides more evenly match. Its also much hard for a lone shaper/life crafter to make a difference with a bunch of insanely powerful monsters running a muck.I personally prefer the shapers but Its probably not the shaper's ending because that ending doesn't leave enough options (unless Jeff gets really creative). In my opinion I think the order of the from most likely end of GF4 to be incorporated into GF5 is:
1 Trakovite
2 Drakon
3 Shapers

Although I won't rule out completely Jeff tweaking the ending a bit.

[ Tuesday, November 20, 2007 22:36: Message edited by: Safey ]

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Apprentice
Member # 10908
Profile #4
Ok. I havn't played all of Gf3, but I have noticed a pattern. The side you start with almost always wins. The rebel ending of Gf4 says (if i remember) that the shapers started to remove the bindings on their creatures to combat the unbounds. What I personally think will happen is this: the rebels(drakons, not human/serviles) and the shapers will be in a stalemate. Some new group(or the Trakovites) will come in and use a little power to destroy both groups. The groups are so caught up with their war that infiltrators from a third party could come in and destroy them with a fair bit of ease. And then we have the exiled shapers. Who knows what they'll do,
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #5
G1: Storyline says the Shapers won You start as a shaper.

G2: Storyline says the Shapers won. You start as a Shaper.

G3: Storyline says the Shapers won, you start as a Shaper.

G4: You are told that the rebels won, you start as a rebel.

--------------------
You bot. I mod. -Alorael
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #6
The Rebels and the Drakons are the same faction.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am."
-Nioca
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #7
quote:
G1: Storyline says the Shapers won You start as a shaper.

G2: Storyline says the Shapers won. You start as a Shaper.

G3: Storyline says the Shapers won, you start as a Shaper.

G4: You are told that the rebels won, you start as a rebel.

You may be right about G1 and G2, but in G3, the rebels won. And as for G4, it could be rebels or trakovites.

And Goldenking, there is a possibility of a rebellion inside a Rebellion.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, but not sanity -Iffy
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
Not in your shed -We are still under developement, but help would be nice. By the way, most of the conversation goes in the Moderator forum, in case your confused.
Iffy= Infernal Flamming Muffin. The y is added to make a word.
lol teh stupd text spek is lik ubar dum lol
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #8
Perhaps we'll finally get to see the Shaper Council... that would be interesting. As a rebel, your ultimate goal would be to kill the Council, and a loyalist would have to galvanize them into REAL action. No more Red Tape and bureaucracy. Yeah! :D

--------------------
"What direction, what direction now?"
----
My poetry
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #9
Iffy: It's inevitable really, unless the Drakons shape up considerably. But for the time being it's not going to happen, as it would be the death of the Rebellion. Perhaps after it's won, and even then it would be crushed. Hmmm, the Drakons could own the land and act as protectors, while the Serviles/Humans/Eyebeasts/Drayks payed tribute to them. That wouldn't be so bad, I suppose.

--------------------
-Nioca
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #10
Who does Nalyd thinks will win? The Trakovites. Who does he think should win, of those who are still surviving? The Shapers.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #11
I think the Trakovites will win G4, and I think the Trakovites should win over all.

I think this is going to turn into a "which side is better thread".

--------------------
I make guacamole at work
=:T:=
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #12
Let's try to avoid that. We already have a live one.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #13
A very long-winded one at that. Perhaps the UBB will eat it.

--------------------
----
My poetry
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Taliesin:

A very long-winded one at that. Perhaps the UBB will eat it.
Edit: We had two going for a while, I believe.

--------------------
----
My poetry
Apprentice
Member # 8527
Profile #15
Which faction wins?

The answer is simple: The PLAYER WINS!

The Saga of Geneforge ends the only way it can and that is someone using the Geneforge and destroying all other factions but himself. The tale of conflict between shapers and rebels doesn't continue further, because neither survives past the ending of Geneforge 5. I don't see any other end to the Geneforge saga that was equally appropriate or proper or satisfying. The drakons, trakovites, unbound and others were nice sideplots, but this is the GENEFORGE-series, not "Unbound unlimited". The tale ending any other way, but at the edge of the Geneforge (the genuine shaper made one, not a drakon hack) with the player deciding the fate of the World would be a travesty and totally inappropriate for such an epic series.

[ Sunday, November 25, 2007 08:09: Message edited by: Kalkin ]
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #16
Yes I like to see a powerful geneforge in G5 one that is even more powerful then the first one. One that the pc can use. Prehaps made by the shapers to counter the unbounds. Or made by a rouge group of shapers who use the war as opportunity to seize control. Mabey its an attempt for the human/servile rebellion to make them selfs equals with the drakons again. However it should be introduce.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Apprentice
Member # 11797
Profile #17
tecnicly, the only way for the Geneforge series to really end is if there is only one ending, that the player gets from any sect. of counse, that would only to happen if jeff gets REALLY creative.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Kalkin:

Which faction wins?

The answer is simple: The PLAYER WINS!

The Saga of Geneforge ends the only way it can and that is someone using the Geneforge and destroying all other factions but himself. The tale of conflict between shapers and rebels doesn't continue further, because neither survives past the ending of Geneforge 5. I don't see any other end to the Geneforge saga that was equally appropriate or proper or satisfying. The drakons, trakovites, unbound and others were nice sideplots, but this is the GENEFORGE-series, not "Unbound unlimited". The tale ending any other way, but at the edge of the Geneforge (the genuine shaper made one, not a drakon hack) with the player deciding the fate of the World would be a travesty and totally inappropriate for such an epic series.

While a good twist, that would defeat the whole build up of the entire five games. Such an act will likely be incorporated, with a Geneforge that the Shapers have constructed for their own use. Something like being given the power of the Unbound, and being able to Shape. Let the Shapers use it, they win, use it, Trakos win, or destroy it, Rebels win.

--------------------
-Nioca
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #19
The Sholai come from lands far away and destroy both in their weakened condition.

--------------------
Tasty Vlish. They're tragically delicious.
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #20
Excalibur:

quote:
I recently viewed this thread...I didn't know a debate could occur concerning Geneforge.
Why not? Geneforge isn't some pointless game for morons. If you want that, play Avernum 4.

[ Tuesday, November 27, 2007 00:47: Message edited by: Lepus timidus ]

--------------------
"I am Barzhal, and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the products of his own essence?

No, says the servile in Medab. It belongs to the oppressed.
No, says the Shaper in Terrestia. It belongs to the Shaper Council.
No, says the Trakovite in hiding. It belongs to no-one.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose… Ascension."
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Delicious Vlish:

The Sholai come from lands far away and destroy both in their weakened condition.
Even if they're both weakened, they're still very strong. And weren't the Sholai themselves weakened in G1, after the failed expedition?

--------------------
-Nioca
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #22
quote:
Originally written by Gniknus:

And weren't the Sholai themselves weakened in G1, after the failed expedition?
The Sholai sent an envoy in GF3 to find out what happened to their expedition. The aren't a major military force or that was the image that they were trying to project by pretending to be a trade mission.

Let's see, a three ship trade fleet with many mages. Hmmm.

[ Tuesday, November 27, 2007 14:02: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Warrior
Member # 7099
Profile #23
Either which way, I hope the Sholai at least have at least a small role in the events. There might be a continent full of them...

--------------------
I like everyone...I just like some people more than others!
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #24
In G5 after unbounds finish their work there won't be anything left to win or fight for.The survivors will flee to ashen islands and form a new country free of shaper tyrany, free of rebell madness, free of trakovite nonsence with some kind of democracy.

--------------------
You must show me respect becouse...never mind why but do respect me!
All hail me, your...something.
Don't contradict me or I'l...GUARDS!

Pages