Who Should Win in Geneforge 5

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Who Should Win in Geneforge 5
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by LakiRa@:

In G5 after unbounds finish their work there won't be anything left to win or fight for.The survivors will flee to ashen islands and form a new country free of shaper tyrany, free of rebell madness, free of trakovite nonsence with some kind of democracy.
Except the Unbound aren't invincible, the Rebels control the Greyghosts and Ashen, and a new nation out of the ashes of such a titanic struggle would be a monarchy/oligarchy more then anything else, as it would be survival first.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am."
-Nioca
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #26
Plus, the Unbound haven't even touched the other Shaper continent. Besides, you assume that the PC chose the Rebel ending.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Lepus timidus:

Excalibur:

quote:
I recently viewed this thread...I didn't know a debate could occur concerning Geneforge.
Why not? Geneforge isn't some pointless game for morons. If you want that, play Avernum 4.

What? Did UBB get you too?
:confused:

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #28
quote:
Originally written by Excalibur:

What? Did UBB get you too? :confused: [/QB]
Believe it or not, Avernum is fairly one dimensional. There's the good guys, and the bay guys. Geneforge is multi-dimensional, with none of the sides being perfect, or holding the moral highground. This leads to (hopefully) thoughtful debate about what side ultimately is best. What's more, Geneforge mirrors many political issues of the day.

You couldn't get that in Avernum. A1: The Evil Empire throws you in a pit. A2: The Evil Empire invades your homeland. A3: The Evil Vahnatai get all genocidal. A4: The Evil Vahnatai get all genocidal. There is no debate in this at all.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am."
-Nioca
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #29
Avernum 5 does give you two sides for a change. Support the old evil Empire (Darkside Loyalists) or the new more enlighten evil Empire (Empress Prazac). Either way you get to kick around worms in "self defense."

Avernum 6 - your a peasant conscipted into the war, now pick a side.
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #30
I asked if the UBB ate him because he was quoting from another thread. Sorry

--------------------
Jesus is a pacifist.
Ron Paul for '08!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #31
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

Avernum 6 - your a peasant conscipted into the war, now pick a side.
Good, old fashioned common man..turned..hero man RPG..good times..good times..

--------------------
Humans fight to enter insanity.
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Warrior
Member # 7638
Profile #32
The Awakened, or something along the lines of that. This going to be the final installment, the serviles have to get a happy ending. Somehow the Sholoai will play into it, they're due to come back.

[ Friday, January 18, 2008 18:59: Message edited by: Leftover Sauerkraut ]

--------------------
"640K ought to be enough for anybody."
-- Bill Gates, 1981

“I hate the term ‘chess genius’ because I think of myself as an all-round genius who happens to play chess.” –Bobby Fischer

Bobby Fischer died January 17th 2008.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #33
Somehow Geneforge reminds me of a cute old poem from some English guy:

quote:

God bless the King! I mean the Faith's Defender.
God bless (no harm in blessing) the Pretender.
But which the former is, and which the latter:
God bless us all, that's quite another matter.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 3618
Profile #34
quote:
Originally written by Dragonlorddrakon:

tecnicly, the only way for the Geneforge series to really end is if there is only one ending, that the player gets from any sect. of counse, that would only to happen if jeff gets REALLY creative.
It could happen. We saw in GF2 that there's a reform faction within the Shapers, who want to end many of the abuses. And we saw in GF3 that the humans in the Rebellion take a much more moderate stance than the drakons. So it's possible that the player's job from either side would be to try to forge a compromise, fight extremists on both sides, and end the mahem.

Of course, knowing Jeff, there are bound to be other endings as well. Heck, remember how it was possible in GF1 to simply leave the island with everything unresolved? (Which, by the way, is what I thought happened in the official plot--not an Obeyer victory. But I haven't played GF2 recently, so I'm not sure--can someone confirm?) I bet there'll be a bunch of unpleasant endings where one side crushes the other with a "you'll always wonder whether you could have done better" hint, and a (relatively) happy compromise ending hidden somewhere.
Apprentice
Member # 13473
Profile #35
I think that the shapers are going to win. All they have to is get to the Unbound shaping vats and destroy them and the Unbound production would cease. Then the shapers would win and democracy would rule. But i personally think the ending should have 3 endings. 1: you join shapers and destroy the rebels once and for all. 2: you join rebels and keep pushing the shapers back.3: you use many many canisters and become ruthless. you destroy shaper council and destroy all rebels and everyone who stands in your way. and you rule everyone with and iron fist.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #36
quote:
Then the shapers would win and democracy would rule.
The Shapers aren't democratic. . .

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #37
Originally by ThirdParty:

quote:
Of course, knowing Jeff, there are bound to be other endings as well. Heck, remember how it was possible in GF1 to simply leave the island with everything unresolved?
I'm pretty sure that was possible in G2 as well.

quote:
(Which, by the way, is what I thought happened in the official plot--not an Obeyer victory. But I haven't played GF2 recently, so I'm not sure--can someone confirm?)
Hmm. Zakary's account is pretty vague but does seem to lean towards the escape ending being canon. There might be different accounts that say different things, though.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #38
I hate the shapers, killing drayks for no reason other than the fact that if they misused them they would bite back, bastards, when i see one i kill one, and hopefully in G5 they will have better council members than that pitiful Movawad, 202 health, me no think so! Shapers are evil, cruel and immoral, kinda like modern hippos.

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks!
Viva Khyryk!
Vivan los Serviles!
Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
If you don't want to type my full name, call me Xel.
People, stop insulting my signature.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #39
The Rebels should win Geneforge 4 so that by Geneforge 5 everyone can see how horrible life under their rule would be. I could have sworn I posted in this topic before but maybe I'm thinking of an identical one.

Anyway, with a miserable Rebel victory in Geneforge 4, the stage would be set for the possible return of old factions as well as the introduction of new ones. Lots of choices, the way Geneforge was meant to be!

As for who should win in Geneforge 5... I've been saying for a while now how great a 'yourself' faction would be. You'd basically gather a bunch of research as well as components by defeating other factions and then build your very own geneforge. Then your ending would basically be you winning, with modifications based on whatever moral decisions you made in game. The perfect ending, in my opinion. The game is called Geneforge after all, yet the actual device's presence has been weak in the past few games.

--------------------
You lose.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #40
quote:
Originally written by Xel'Raga the Slaughtering Omnimoose:

I hate the shapers, killing drayks for no reason other than the fact that if they misused them they would bite back, bastards, when i see one i kill one, and hopefully in G5 they will have better council members than that pitiful Movawad, 202 health, me no think so! Shapers are evil, cruel and immoral, kinda like modern hippos.
Milady doth protest too much. Besides, you think the Rebels would be better? Your naivete is amusing. [/conceitedness] ;)

And don't even mention the Trakovites. They are guilty of the worst crime possible. . . the suppression of knowledge, science, advancement. . . Harmful knowledge or not, that is all that it takes for Nalyd to wish the most demonic torments upon them.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Pages