Revised political-geneforge sympathies poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Revised political-geneforge sympathies poll
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #0
This is a revision of seeing if there is any correlation between what side you sympathise with in Geneforge and what political party you most associate yourself with in the real world.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 1 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=qvgDHltCAlvu"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=qvgDHltCAlvu"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"When one fights a monster, one must take care not to become a monster oneself."
-Friedich Nietzche

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #1
Nalyd personally detests both the Democrats and Republicans, but if choosing between the two was mandatory, Nalyd would have to say that he sympathizes most with the Democrats.

Nalyd personally prefers the Awakened in Geneforge, but the Shapers will suffice.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #2
There is a reason that there are only ultimadums, its not just because I'm lazy.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."

"When one fights a monster, one must take care not to become a monster oneself."
-Friedich Nietzche

-Friedich Nietzche
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #3
In Soviet Russia, Rebels support the Democratic Party!

The above sentence gives my opinion that this is very Americentric, and that I'm a Democrat-Rebel.

[ Wednesday, October 24, 2007 12:42: Message edited by: Knobgoblinking ]

--------------------
"This is the King of the Knob Goblins. All Knob Goblins everywhere bow to his rule! Which would be impressive, if there were Knob Goblins anywhere except Cobb's Knob."
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #4
Lately, I've become rather disillusioned with both Democrats and Republicans, but if I have to pick I'll say Republican. I'm also totally pro-Shaper. Yeah! :D

As always, I uphold the establishment because I see nothing better to uphold. Except possibly the Awakened.

[ Wednesday, October 24, 2007 15:20: Message edited by: Taliesin ]

--------------------
"We were meant to live for so much more. Have we lost ourselves?" - Switchfoot
----
My poetry
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #5
This isn't that modified. I still don't get my chioces. Especially since I don't know which party I support, and Trakovite or awakened appeal to me most.

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope it goes away.

I make guacamole at work
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #6
Awakened are dead, they wouldn't panned out in the long run anyways and those who oppose all shaping don't make a difference until the very, very long run. Like I said, there is a reason for there being only 4 choices and why there are words like "sympathise" and "identify most with".

--------------------

-Friedich Nietzche

-Friedich Nietzche
Apprentice
Member # 8335
Profile #7
*glances at poll* I think the only thing this proves so far is that most people on this forum lean Democratic. :P
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #8
Democrat-Shaper is the most popular? You people are either miserable hypocrites or have simply been brainwashed. Whether you've been brainwashed by liberal propaganda or Shaper propaganda is anyone's guess, but I seriously doubt anyone could truely believe in both ideologies. They are incompatible.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #9
The Shapers are terrible in theory and fairly bad in practice. The rebels are okay in theory and terrible in practice. I'd expect more of a correlation betwen Shaper/rebel and a practicality/idealism axis.

—Alorael, who is pretty sure you could also get a correlation with Myers-Briggs type. Intuition/Sense?
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #10
I don't think that siding with the Shapers is inherently opposed to being a Democrat. Think about it in practical terms, would a liberal support Stalin over a regular unitarian government?

--------------------

-Friedich Nietzche

-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #11
The Shapers are the conservative, anti-civil liberties, pro-national security ideology. Does that sound like a democrat to you? If the Shapers lived in today's world you know they would be tapping phones and smashing smaller nations that were deemed a threat, not to mention the proposed constitutional amendment to ban servile marriage.

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #12
But they don't live in our world today. That is the problem with most people's reasoning on who they would support, we are talking about *their* world, not our world. There is a big difference there.

[ Sunday, October 28, 2007 20:41: Message edited by: Retlaw May ]
PS What do you think that the Drakons would be doing in our world, handing out flowers?

[ Sunday, October 28, 2007 20:41: Message edited by: Retlaw May ]

--------------------

-Friedich Nietzche

-Friedich Nietzche
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #13
Why force us to pick Rep or Dem if you desire results? You want us to pick between Shaper and rebel and not muck it up with ancillary sects, which is fine. But the majority of Americans are independents, and the parties are strictly american, rather than universal.

Not suggesting you re-do again, but using terms like conservative/liberal might get you further.

--------------------
Vogel - "10% off on all of [our] products for the month of October. ... this discount applies to games, CDs, bundles, and even already discounted products."

Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #14
Ah, so people are only liberal when it is convienient for them? I see now, Retlaw, when the going gets tough, the weak go republican.

--------------------
You lose.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #15
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Ah, so people are self-serving? Amazing that I didn't see that sooner.
FYT.

--------------------
Vogel - "10% off on all of [our] products for the month of October. ... this discount applies to games, CDs, bundles, and even already discounted products."

Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #16
If people were self-serving, they'd be more unwaving in their convictions like myself.

--------------------
You lose.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #17
It is a fool that is not willing to bend. I will tell you that if there was a way to create deadly viruses with a chug of a canister, then things would be different. These are different worlds and different laws apply.

--------------------

-Friedich Nietzche

-Friedich Nietzche
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #18
you can't tell how shapers or rebels would act today, because you could say anything and it be right in some view or another, like maybe drakons mix a canister and nuclear bomb together and bomb the shaper capital. That would be choosing sides political-wise. Oh, and i think we are treading on thin ice here.

--------------------
Life's important Questions:
What is the best Artifact
Gloves of Savagery
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Dryaks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #19
quote:
Retlaw May:
These are different worlds and different laws apply.
How can you be the one that created this poll and then go and say this? Are you invalidating your own inquiry?

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 6366
Profile #20
Green-Rebel.

Sorry that does not fit in to your poll.
Here in Canada I'm not sure if we even have a Republican party.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #21
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

quote:
Retlaw May:
These are different worlds and different laws apply.
How can you be the one that created this poll and then go and say this? Are you invalidating your own inquiry?

No, because my inquiry is what people's real life political ideologies and if there is any connection to their favored side in this fantasy world. ET, as always you seem to be in your own little world, if you think this is stupid you can always just not click on it when you go on the boards.

--------------------

-Friedich Nietzche

-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #22
Tullegolar: It's not so much that the Shaper's nation match with Democrats, it's just that they're closer to the mark then the Rebels. That, and it's more morally correct to support the Shapers in the current situation.

Unless, of course, you're suggesting that Democrats regularly go out and slaughter random people, which, in that case, does fit.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
AvatarAphobiaIMAGINE THIS SCENARIO
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #23
Nioca, I object to that statement. Morally, neither of them have the highground, with genocide for Shapers and the equivelant of WMDs for the Rebels. Meanwhile, the Rebels are far more liberal then the Shapers, if implementing a caste system. Frankly, this is just a radical move to the left, giving far more freedoms to the creations and taking out the dictators. What's more, I have no doubt that with the power of Shaping available to the masses, and the difficulty of controlling the Unbound, that the Drakons would be unable to do anything unpopular.

--------------------
"This is the King of the Knob Goblins. All Knob Goblins everywhere bow to his rule! Which would be impressive, if there were Knob Goblins anywhere except Cobb's Knob."
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Knobgoblinking:

Nioca, I object to that statement. Morally, neither of them have the highground, with genocide for Shapers and the equivelant of WMDs for the Rebels. Meanwhile, the Rebels are far more liberal then the Shapers, if implementing a caste system. Frankly, this is just a radical move to the left, giving far more freedoms to the creations and taking out the dictators. What's more, I have no doubt that with the power of Shaping available to the masses, and the difficulty of controlling the Unbound, that the Drakons would be unable to do anything unpopular.
Really? The Rebellion has shown that the only creations they're actually concerned about are the Serviles and the Drayks/Drakons. They've also shown that they'll stoop to even lower means than the shapers to achieve their goals. Finally, they've only really struck at innocent bystanders. So yes, the shapers do hold the moral high-ground.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaEl PresidenteWhere the Rivers MeetA Visit to the Madhouse
AvatarAphobiaIMAGINE THIS SCENARIO

Pages