Revised political-geneforge sympathies poll

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Revised political-geneforge sympathies poll
BANNED
Member # 10430
Profile #175
Darkling:
quote:

I really do not believe that any political things such as democrats have any correlation to Geneforge, why?

I don't see how rebelling against a tyrannical government automatically makes one a radical left winger. Were the American revolutionaries Communists?

--------------------
"I am Barzhal, and I am here to ask you a question:
Is a man not entitled to the products of his own essence?

No, says the servile in Medab. It belongs to the oppressed.
No, says the Shaper in Terrestia. It belongs to the Shaper Council.
No, says the Trakovite in hiding. It belongs to no-one.

I rejected those answers. Instead, I chose something
different. I chose the impossible. I chose… Ascension."
Posts: 136 | Registered: Wednesday, September 12 2007 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 9688
Profile #176
quote:
Originally written by Lepus timidus:

Darkling:
quote:

I really do not believe that any political things such as democrats have any correlation to Geneforge, why?

I don't see how rebelling against a tyrannical government automatically makes one a radical left winger. Were the American revolutionaries Communists?

Thats not what I meant, you missed my point entirely, I was saying that democrats, a political faction have NOTHING to do with the rebel or Shaper faction, I pointed freakin out why. I fail to see how someone could bring some sort of correlation to them.

Republicans and Democrats are about Saving Resources/Using them or whatever, Shapers and Rebels are for Destroying Rogues/Gaining Freedom

So how do those too relate? They don't
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #177
quote:
Yes.

Geneforge 3 & 4 show quite clearly the Drakons are prepared to go to any length to kill the Shapers. For example killing all the students in the greenwood academy, because they might be dangerous in the future. And of course, unleashing the Unbound.

Ho boy, listen, the shapers shaped a new creation, a dragon-like creature named a drayk, but lo and behold, if they wanted to they could attack shapers, so they go on crusade, drakons kill students at shaper school, because they ARE being trained by the shapers to kill them, but they didn't go on a genocidal crusade, they like to kill shapers who choose to be a shaper, not humans, which is a sect, not a type of race, while shapers go after a race, which they did not choose to be

Its like shapers going after African people, and drakons going after all christens, by terms of sect and race, u cant choose race, you can choose sect, therefore i side with the rebels on this one.

I agree on the unbound matter, however it was a crusade, but not targeted genocide, for all they know there could be a hundred drayks and drakons and they would still send unbound.

quote:
So how do those too relate? They don't
Thank you finally no more political pointless refences.

--------------------
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Drayks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
My life for Auir!
Do you hate it when your password is changed by your brother?
Touch of Bambi hits the spot, what what?
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #178
Gah. This thing seems to have almost started completely over, thanks to an influx of new debaters. Amazing how it's still only on page 8.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #179
quote:
Gah. This thing seems to have almost started completely over, thanks to an influx of new debaters. Amazing how it's still only on page 8.
I guess

--------------------
Is there a more uber sword that the Puresteel Soulblade: No
Vie va la Travokites
Vie va la Kyryk
Vie va la Serviles
Vie va la Drayks
Your incompidence is your own fault
Before you complain, ask yourself, does anyone care? The answer, of course is No.
My life for Auir!
Do you hate it when your password is changed by your brother?
Touch of Bambi hits the spot, what what?
Only 666 days till G5.
The Shiny experimental LaserlaserrazermaserdazershmaserX-rayergoawayserbobaserbananafanafofasergazer-of-destiny-with-improved-special-effects-A-MATIC!
that is an actual weapon

Pages