Where will G5 be?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Where will G5 be?
Apprentice
Member # 8390
Profile #0
Let's BS about where the next Geneforge game will be.

Looking at the first four games' trend, you move to more and more important regions with each game. You go from a barred island to a dead colony to a populous island colony to a considerable chunk of the main continent.

I'd say the final game will be located in the heart of shaper territory, and you may even get to face the shaper council itself.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7723
Profile #1
I could see that, especially if the rebel ending is used. The shapers would be desperate to stop this new threat. I'm hoping we get to see more of drakon culture as well. Maybe some towns with drakons doing normal stuff.
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #2
Or... You find out one of the original Shapers from the island isn't dead, but is alive and well and manipulating the Shaper Council to weaken their position, at the same time controlling the rebelion to satisfy their whims.

You also find out that he or she is working as an ally for the true superiour life forms, the Vlish.

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #3
But where is the heart.

Also, Delicious Vlish might want to change ,in his signature, Geneforge IV to Geneforge V , or Geneforge IX.

--------------------
I can transform into almost anything, though not sanity.

My brother tried to type something here. I just erased it.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #4
I thought that Jeff pretty much said that G5 is the end.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #5
He did, and it is, assuming he doesn't pull an A4 on us.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #6
I've been watching conversation over A4 for a while, and I have a very interesting question: Why is it sometimes called Averforge or Genevernum, and why does everyone virtually gasp when that comes up?

--------------------
You Shall Die Laughing: http://www.worfthecat.ermarian.net/converted

The Roost: www.roost01.proboards104.com. Birds of a feather flock together.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #7
It's called by such names because it was a blend of the Geneforge and Avernum engines. Why everybody gasps... I have no idea.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #8
Before our time, then.

Anyways, back to topic. My theory is that since we have the Turabi Gate and that outpost in Northwestern Terrestia which gets soldiers from those sealed doors, the next Geneforge would logically be in Western Terrestia.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
Mostly because there were so many noobish cries of "i bet the shapers evolved into those vatnahtnai things and the drakons into dragons and the clawbugs into chitraches after the shalli invaded and became the empire!!!" that everyone became disgusted with the idea.

As for another reason to hate the term Genevernum, Dikiyoba believes you should ask Delicious Vlish. You know, to get the entire horrifying effect.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #10
Hey!

--------------------
His Mighty Tentacle
Member # 627
Profile #11
Doo doo de doo doo. Doot doo de doo. Doot doo de doo doo da da deet doot doot do doo.

Genavernum!

--------------------
If I could make just one wish, I would want a tasty vlish.

Geneforge IV. Still no tasty vlish.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #12
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Hey!
Did I miss something? Or was it something I said?

[ Tuesday, April 03, 2007 17:16: Message edited by: Sarasaphilia ]

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #13
IMAGE(http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/7741/mapensiect3.gif)
I'm banking on "Other Continent." What better way to end the series than a final epic battle in the halls of the Shaper Council?

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #14
The Western Sea doesn't have to be impassable for a flat world. More likely it's large like the Pacific Ocean without enough islands or a continental region along the north that ships could follow. Given a long enough distance with nothing to see, most explorers will give up due to lack of supplies,
Infiltrator
Member # 6136
Profile #15
Sucia island seems to be quite larger than what I imagined...I think that it's obvious that G5 will be about western terrestia, but, that may change. After all I always thoght that A4 would be about the new surface Avernum, but instead we got what all of us know...
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #16
Sucia only looks large because there aren't any other islands that we know about. There doutlessly are other islands, but we have no idea where they are.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #17
well we know ashlen isles.
Apprentice
Member # 8175
Profile #18
Ashen isles.
Apprentice
Member # 7950
Profile #19
I would like if it was Suicia island. Maybe not whole game but last battles, you know, to end everything there where it began.
Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #20
I think it's reasonable to assume that the game will be set in either Western Terrestia (if the stalemate ending is selected), or the 'Other' continent (if the Rebels manage to overwhelm the Shapers in Terrestia')

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Sholai played a major part in GF5. If there is indeed a stalemate between the Shapers and their former slaves, there will most likely need to be an external factor to tip the balance. That external factor may just be the Sholai.

To be honest, if I was a Sholai, I wouldn't feel too comfortable about the Shaper Empire, even though they are across the sea. It's been constantly observed (even by the visiting Sholai diplomat in GF3), than the Shapers must control everything. It's inevitable that one day, if the Shapers regain control of their two land continents, they will begin planning for the assimilation of Sholai lands.

Spiff
quote:

and you may even get to face the shaper council itself.

Why do you need to travel to the Western continent to face the Shaper Council? I'm quite sure that there is a Shaper Council on Terrestia. From memory, you meet them on Terrestia after finishing every game.

[ Thursday, April 05, 2007 22:44: Message edited by: Suspicious Vlish ]

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #21
I'm pretty sure Jeff said the Sholai won't be appearing again in the GF series. This is because they would distract from the central, shapers vs rebels, to create or not to create, story.

Edit: Link.

[ Thursday, April 05, 2007 23:43: Message edited by: Micawber ]

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Suspicious Vlish:

From memory, you meet them on Terrestia after finishing every game.
The game does say that Terrestia is the less settled of the two continents, so it makes sense that the Shaper Council would be on the other one. The triad that you meet on Terrestia at the end of Geneforge 3 is not the council. Geneforge 2 says that you travel for many weeks to get to the capital. Since it doesn't mention a boat, perhaps the two continents are linked and not seperate islands like I made them in the map. I don't have a good Geneforge 1 save file, anyone care to refresh me in on the details of that ending?

[ Friday, April 06, 2007 08:02: Message edited by: Emperor Tullegolar ]

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #23
From Dillame, you take a boat to get to the Shaper council. That's all there is.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #24
There you have it then. I think it is fairly safe to say that the Council does not live on Terrestia.

Visiting somewhere new would be nice, but I actually really like it when you visit the same places in game sequels, that's one thing I really liked about the Avernum series. So really, there is nowhere that Geneforge 5 could take place that would disapoint me.

--------------------
You lose.

Pages