House Unshaperlike Activities Committee

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: House Unshaperlike Activities Committee
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #150
A Trakovite victory? Sure, that would mean the end of war as we know it in the Geneforge games. But it would result in the equivalent of dark ages earth. With no powerful Shapers or any other shaping wielding sect to maintain order, society would crumble. There would be barbarians everywhere. Not just human barbarians; with no essence minded individuals to keep creations in check, various species would run rampant, breeding out of control. Drakons might even have enough power infused into their race to be more powerful than humans by that point, anyway. Without shaping to maintain balance in the war, they will probably try to whipe out the human race. That's a Trakovite victory in a nutshell.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #151
Clearly the Shaper laws have become morer humane towards the serviles.

I don't think that Drakons would agree to no Shaping, and would eventually become over run by Humans, Drayks and Serviles.

[ Tuesday, January 30, 2007 03:43: Message edited by: Kyrek ]
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #152
Then if the laws are more humane why serviles don't create creations? The why don't the shapers acknowledge that the serviles and humanoid creations they were shaped form humans?
You end up with dangerous rogues.
So the trajkovites have to invent a alternative to shaping.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #153
There has only been speculation that serviles were made from humans, nothing has actually supported it with evidence.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #154
More humane does not necessarily mean completely humane.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #155
What you call the Shapers' "more humane" treatment seems to mostly involve deliberately making serviles nearly mindless or fanatically loyal so that they don't mind so much when they're mistreated.

Oh, and occasionally giving a carrot to a servile double agent who proves useful. Big whoop.

[ Thursday, February 01, 2007 15:03: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #156
It's still far more than they deserve.

--------------------
You lose.
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #157
quote:
By Upon Mars:
So the trajkovites have to invent a alternative to shaping.
No. They can merely suffer more, or if they have inept Shapers to begin with, less.

The problem with Shaping is that it requires extreme foresight and pattern recognition. The Shapers have only the foresight, if the restriction on crop modifications are enforced.

If the Shapers had the microscope technology of the Drakons, then an enormous amounts of trial and error would be avoided. However, they were apparently unable to recover the technology from two successful purgings of rebel strongholds.

For Tully, the rewarding of a job well done is essential. It's like giving a dog a bone. It's still inferior and dependent, but it gives you a way of punishment later, and will motivate future success beyond the norm.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #158
The Shapers have to be nice to the Serviles though. They can't torture them or do anything like that.

[ Thursday, February 01, 2007 17:12: Message edited by: Kyrek ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #159
All those whips and shackles that are left lying around will go to waste. Negative reinforcement training is the fastest way to teach someone.

The Trakovite way will stop new shaping. Existing creations that can reproduce get to survive. So there would be more drayks, drakons, gazers, eyebeasts, and similar but no more rotgroths after they acidify.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #160
quote:
Originally written by The Absolute Value of Nalyd is Zero:

If the Shapers had the microscope technology of the Drakons, then an enormous amounts of trial and error would be avoided.
If they don't have it, it's because they deliberately abandoned it. There's a similar microscope on Sucia Island in Geneforge 1.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #161
I know that drayks can reproduce on their own, but I somehow doubt drakons can. There has never been reference to them reproducing, just "shaping" new ones. I think that drakons have modified themselves way too much to be able to reproduce still.

Are there even drakon females? I've never met one in the series.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #162
There's at least one in G2:

quote:
text1 = "A massive drakon lives in this stone building. She is a hermit, choosing to live alone for some reason. She is furious that you have disturbed her solitude.";
text2 = "_I am Krayoss, of the Takers. I will not be disturbed. Leave quickly, or I will destroy you!_";
Dikiyoba.
Apprentice
Member # 8000
Profile #163
quote:
Originally written by Retlaw May:

I know that drayks can reproduce on their own, but I somehow doubt drakons can.
Litalia disagrees with you, and she would know:

quote:
question = "What sort of creations might you make?";
text1 = "_Not drayks and drakons. They have insisted that they reproduce themselves through more biological means. Not gazers. They are too independent and unpredictable. And rotghroths are disgusting and hurt the morale of the other forces._";

Infiltrator
Member # 2245
Profile Homepage #164
Emp:
quote:

A Trakovite victory? Sure, that would mean the end of war as we know it in the Geneforge games. But it would result in the equivalent of dark ages earth.

That scenario reminds me of the 'Dark Age' ending for Deus Ex.

To be honest, such as option doesn't look so unattractive in the Geneforge series. Sometimes the only answer to a huge mess is to cut your losses and start over!

--------------------
VIVE LA TAKERS!
VIVE LA REBELLION!
VIVE LA GHALDRING!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #165
The biggest problem with starting over is that, due to the nature of Shaping, it would be difficult to completely eliminate Shaping power. I mean, look at what happened in G1. How do you purge not just an island, but the entire world of canisters, textbooks, geneforge components, and so on...

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #166
You could always Shape a deadly disease that corrupts and destroys everything containing essence, release it on the mainland, purge a much smaller area like the Ashen Isles, and wait a couple hundred years for everything to rot away.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #167
That would go over big with everyone. :rolleyes:

--------------------

-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #168
You, of course would hide out in the tiny uninfected area that you purged with a little band of people. After waiting, go back to the mainland and rule the world. If you're lucky, the Sholai will die out, too.

--------------------

Pages