House Unshaperlike Activities Committee

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: House Unshaperlike Activities Committee
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #125
Now to the problem the push of survival:

Man in his humble beginnings was animal like in many ways
an free intelligent and very opened being because of survival man has a hard life( so man couldn't afford to be childish, there was never disputes in community and possession didn't exist ).

To life there is no right or wrong so for a human being survival mattered we were a bit like dolphins elegant and week creatures. To a tooth and claw world we were submerged by the beasts and unlikely to survive.

Instead of hunting we were the hunted : the reason that we shudder we hear darkness is very close to night so could it bee that the shadows recovers a beast.

Dinofelis by the name terrible feline that hunted us to near extinction would have had terrible impact on our psychology and physiognomy because of that and the intense climate change forced us to obtain better source of food in the african savanna, meat was the most available and nutritive.

Life was hard for us with the fear of being eaten or not eating we waited that predators finished their meals.
then we sacked the carcasses of dead animals. When no more meat around was we were forced to hunt for more carcasses and if there was famine, cannibalism on the young and week was common, oh yes that is that hard reality of life.

Man was forced to change habitat for jungle to savanna causing his ability to think and comprehend to develop as his brain.
Invention were then made: songs to remember the path before us, the fire that warmed us and made us obtain a more sain diet by cooking, the bag to carry our babies and the spear.

Would you think that a rock or a piece of wood would scare away a hungry feline? no a sharp piece of wood harden by fire would kill it and rid out the threat. The feline-man confrontation had begun and ended since our humble beginnings since before the 1st world war, no wonder that man is still searching for the lost tiger.
Other species of man were present based on the same diet we forced other to go away and if necessary to kill the threat :
the fear of strangers stealing or food became in our times racism. We either killed the others species to extinction or breed them out.

When agriculture arrived man kind lived longer and better and they stayed that way for hundred of years but when the harvest was full people seek for amusements that is were it went wrong people that bully search attention because they ARE BORED people make war because of that, people admire artists because of that, people seek pleasure and drugs because of that. People are curious and seek entertainment.

The rotten stretch of man kind began not because of our terrible past that force us to change the environment to adapt
but because of our conditioning to change the things around us.
Like the erly shapers we are in the same situation.

But why people are so lost ? that is another topic that will discus later.

That through what i see is the true history of man kind.

[ Monday, January 01, 2007 00:16: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #126
Nalyd is [I]never{/I] patient. Nalyd would be perfectly not-angry with you if you would agree to be understandable. When Nalyd gets angry, he goes overboard. Those were good points, but they're wasted unless people like Nioca serve as translators for those without the need or patience to retype things. And that was rare, at best.

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #127
quote:
Originally written by opon mars:

i will give you the name of the monster if you want to track it down in our hallucinogenic dreams.
That has got to be one of the tripiest things I've ever heard on any message board.

Nioca, could you please translate mars again, or at least give me some sort of paraphrase so I can respond? I can't shake the feeling that he is saying really interesing things under that veil of nonsense.

--------------------
You lose.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #128
I just say that pepole when going to war make other enemie less human and because of that they are deluded it is like a dream.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #129
Use grammer and spelling. I tried to understand your posts but could only understand the last one.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #130
KK i ll' reedit the message.

[ Wednesday, December 27, 2006 07:57: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #131
quote:
Originally written by Kyrek:

Use grammer and spelling. I tried to understand your posts but could only understand the last one.
Don't be too hard on him. I'm pretty sure English isn't his first language.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #132
It isn't? Oops. Sorry Opon Mars.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #133
Actually i've got dyslexia and am not very good at writing. I can speak french fluently but it doesn't mean that i can't speak fluently english. I'm bilingual since i was born.

[ Thursday, December 28, 2006 02:01: Message edited by: opon mars ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #134
The trakovites only have a problem with shaping not magic. Khryk seems to be able to do some pretty incredible things with magic. He can project a shade of himself and break magical bonds with ease. I think he can also teleport short distances in Geneforge 3. In other words he is an unkillable character. I bet if you kill him after you leave a golem will come out and carry him to a secret vat where he will be resurrected. After all he died horribly in the last game. The Trakovites seem to be really really good with magic and mechanics. Drewry has an unopenable door. They also have some really philosophical viewpoints, in other words, they might become enlightened or something like that which may let them walk on water and do all sorts of crazy things.

Plus they are being persecuted which makes them very attractive. People love becoming martyrs. Drewry could become the first true Trakovite martyr. Maybe we will get to see the Shapers putting Trakovites in pits where they get eaten by Fyoras. Trakovites could cause "Rome" to fall undermining the Rebels and Shapers completely.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 1250
Profile #135
Point of order: Other people may feel free to shoot me down on this, but I'm pretty sure I killed Khyryk in GF3. Granted, his magical power is pretty awesome, but I did manage it, after enough tries. I'm pretty sure that I was playing a character backed up by creations in that particular game. Use that for fodder in the debate if need be.

The point of Khyryk being "killable" or not is moot, since (though I haven't played GF4: Rebellion), from what I gather, the canon ending of GF3 includes Khyryk living.

My personal two cents? One can't separate the Shapers from shaping. They've become the organization (for lack of a better word) they are because they've guarded their art for so long. The value that they've assigned shaping has affected everbody else: they established Shaper law forbidding "unworthy" individuals from using their art, they've made the penalty death, and they've created, at least in the Geneforge world, the distinction of inequality between magic and shaping by holding one "off limits."

Consider a Geneforge world where shaping was discovered but practiced by everyone with enough perseverance to become skilled at it, and not regulated as it has been.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #136
Yes, Khyryk was definitely killable in G3, and the canon is that he wasn't killed.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #137
It would have been better that he was resurrected somehow or wasn't quite killed. It would be cool if in Geneforge 5 Khryk talks about being left for dead and being brought back from the brink of death... or something similar. He is wandering trying to figure out what to do. Maybe the next time Khryk is killed it should say... as the final blow lands Khryk disappears in a flash of light you poke at the empty robes where Khryk was supposed to be...

[ Monday, January 22, 2007 10:46: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #138
What, is he a Jedi now? I hope Khyryk is dead in Geneforge 5. Then again, those damn Trakovites will probably just make him a martyr. Stupid extremists and their martyrs.

--------------------
You lose.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #139
Khyryk is the only Trakovite NPC who's been fleshed out at all, so I have to imagine he'll be around -- unless the Trakovites are gone.

What the next game *really* needs to do, IMHO, is shed this whole choose the Shapers / choose the Rebels thing that's been going on for four games. Enough already. G4 did it well enough that it was bearable (even after G3), but I really don't want to deal with it again.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #140
Being on one side and being stuck with it, you mean? Or maybe make it more like Nethergate and have two different games in one?

Dikiyoba.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #141
Maybe you will become powerful enough to decide what happens in the end. Trakovite, Shaper, Rebel, or You as the number one faction. It would be very cool if you could become powerful enough to take over in the end pushing aside the rebels and shapers.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #142
quote:
Originally written by Deprecaticon:

shed this whole choose the Shapers / choose the Rebels thing that's been going on for four games.
In the first two games you could choose far more than those two factions. And I think that the two faction limit in Geneforge 4 was well done. You had to choose one side or the other, otherwise, you were on your own. It gave the game a rather hopeless feeling that you have to admit is intriguing.

I agree with Toast, though. I think I suggested once that there be a 'yourself' faction, in which you defeat other factions, gaining vital peices of research from each as you defeated them. Then, using parts gathered from around the game and said research, you construct your own personal geneforge. Then the ending is basically based on personal philosophical decisions you made in the game. I think that would be the ultimate ending for the series. In my humble, Imperial opinion.

--------------------
You lose.
Apprentice
Member # 7579
Profile #143
the end..... or is it? GENEFORGE 6! :eek:

--------------------
sup guys
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #144
G6!!!!
Like the 6 episodes in star wars !!!
I would be stantroopers in that case.

Considering the fact that they might be a G6 i think that the series would become unpopular they should stop at G5.
Beacause the kind of continuaty Could contribute boredom and unpopularity.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 7579
Profile #145
ill rather have it stop then un populer and unequal but well know if there we be a G6 see if a A6 comes out!

--------------------
sup guys
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #146
As I was thinking about Trakovites, I began to wonder. If Trakovitism suceeded, would the losses be more or less than if the Rebels or Shapers suceeded. Most likely if the Rebels suceeded the losses would be far greater with two sets of unbound on the loose, but with the Shapers, I'm not so sure. This rebellion has caused the Shapers to change their ways, to become less strict with creations, and kinder. This rebellion may have done much of what the Serviles wanted in the first place. The only casualties left to come would be those of soldiers rooting out the last eyebeasts, drayks and Drakons left on Terrestia. Perhaps the losses would be greater following the Trakovite path.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #147
quote:
Originally written by Kyrek:

This rebellion has caused the Shapers to change their ways, to become less strict with creations, and kinder. This rebellion may have done much of what the Serviles wanted in the first place.
... you might actually want to play through one of the Shaper endings before saying that. It's explicitly stated at the end that the Shapers regard the rebellion as a result of not being strict enough with their creations.

[ Monday, January 29, 2007 19:19: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #148
Actually the Shapers would probably use more of their new serviles to eliminate any future rebellions using serviles and reduce the new creations as the Rebellion is crushed. There are repeated warnings on the screen showing the wingbolts to watch for rogue tendencies. After what has happened the Shapers will clamp down on anything that could produce a future Rebellion in spite of claims to have changed. After all if you help the Shapers than you wind up in an exile.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #149
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

After all if you help the Shapers than you wind up in an exile.
You were playing as a double agent, right? It's possible to get a shaper ending where you rise to a position of moderate influence in Shaper society, but it apparently requires you to play as a shaper loyalist for most of the game.

--------------------

Pages