Wow (G4)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Wow (G4)
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #25
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

It looks like you will be a rebel guardian or agent at the start. There should be some shaping ability later on in the game.
You play a human or servile.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

... would you mind making the very-high-level creations (eyebeasts and such) available a bit earlier in the game, so that they would actually be useful?
You could get Gazers pretty pretty early in G2, with plenty of room to use them. I joined the Barzites once and used a squad of Gazers throughout the Taker lands. I guess it's true that in G3 the highest level creations do come a bit late, but you can still do a fair bit more with them than just clear the Monastery of Tears.

I wouldn't mind a steeper creation acquisition curve, if there were still end-game challenges. A squad of Gazers is so powerful that if you got that early, too much of the game would be too easy.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #27
Um, yes. But by "very-high-level" I meant Ur-Drakons, Eyebeasts, and those green humanoid beasts that ooze acid and have an unpronouncable name. :P
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #28
I'm curious about whether "not a shaper" also means that instead of the shaper/guardian/agent skillsets you get to choose from the other three possible combinations of weak/strong/middle magic/shaping/fighting.

It would make a nice change, and there's never been a better time to do it. After all, there's no reason why the rebels should duplicate the shaper's way of choosing who to train in what.

[ Sunday, June 25, 2006 10:58: Message edited by: Khoth ]

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #29
Wait, you actually play as a rebel and not just "not a Shaper"?

And you aren't even necessarily a human?

I heartily approve. :) Props for messing with the formula.

EDIT: I also approve of Khoth's suggestion above me.

Fighter: Good combat, okay magic, lousy shaping.
Magician: Good magic, okay shaping, lousy combat.
Creation Master (seems awkward to call them Shapers when they're fighting against the Shapers): Good Shaping, okay combat, lousy magic.

Works for me. Now, if we can have utility (as opposed to combat) creations, my wish list is close to complete.

[ Sunday, June 25, 2006 13:13: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #30
You start out as a rebel but can switch to the Shaper side.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #31
The good shaping, descent fighting, weak magic would be pretty good for a bullseye shaper and I would really like to try a solo guy with good fighting, descent magic, and weak shaping.

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."
- Cato the Elder (234-149 BC)

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

"One should die proudly when it is no longer possible to live proudly."
-Friedich Nietzche
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #32
quote:
quote:
Originally written by Spidweb:
That is a very kind way to put it. About a month into Geneforge 3, I slapped my forehead and went, "Wait! I'm doing this AGAIN!?!?"

Whoa. I'm sure Terror's Martyr would love those lines.

He'll love them because they aren't a private message so he can put them into his signature to replace the old one.

quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

You play a human or servile.

I was referring to the character specialization not the race. Since serviles can use magic in the earlier Geneforge games you have some agent abilities. I think it will be harder to sneak into Shaper lands as a servile considering how most players act. You know, if it moves blow it away and if it doesn't move attack any way since it's a pylon or turret.

[ Sunday, June 25, 2006 18:21: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
Apprentice
Member # 6161
Profile #33
Kyshakk...

I had a feeling that we are finally able to conclude on Litalia's two companions.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #34
quote:
I think it will be harder to sneak into Shaper lands as a servile considering how most players act. You know, if it moves blow it away and if it doesn't move attack any way since it's a pylon or turret.
How players act and how the actual people in the game react are a bit different. Remember that serviles are ubiquitous in the Shaper lands, they do all sorts of menial tasks. Sneaking in should not be hard at all.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #35
Originally by *i:

quote:
How players act and how the actual people in the game react are a bit different. Remember that serviles are ubiquitous in the Shaper lands, they do all sorts of menial tasks. Sneaking in should not be hard at all.
Unless, of course, the servile is armed with a puresteel blade, armored from head to toe, and has three drayks and an eyebeast in tow. :P

Dikiyoba.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #36
Yeah, it would be nice if NPCs could react differently to you depending on your creations. I always found it a bit weird that Lord Rahul, for instance, would chat away to me as a mere useful underling, when a crew of Gazers that could take his entire fortress were bobbing at my heels. He ought to freak out, insofar as Shaper Lords can freak out. Maybe a raised eyebrow or something.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #37
About switching sides... I can understand this if you're a human, but what if you're a servile? Will you also be able to switch sides? (If so, I'm wondering how and more importantly, why.)

[ Monday, June 26, 2006 00:33: Message edited by: The Lurker ]
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #38
quote:
Originally written by The Lurker:

About switching sides... I can understand this if you're a human, but what if you're a servile? Will you also be able to switch sides? (If so, I'm wondering how and more importantly, why.)
I'd imagine so, the Obeyers had no trouble being loyal to the Shapers.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #39
I guess it could be a small rebel group within the rebel group that made them loyalists like the obeyers. :cool:

--------------------
"After I'm dead I'd rather have people ask why I have no monument than why I have one."

"The mind, if it exists, is nothing but an unfortunate after effect of the brain process."
-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #40
It could be that the rebels easily sacrifice servile lives, and they feel that they'd survive better by helping the Shapers.

--------------------
====
====
Apprentice
Member # 7132
Profile Homepage #41
G4 sounds excellent, but i think that it may be better if Jeff make the res a little different, like maybe an option between 800x600 and 1024x768.

--------------------
Q: How do you save a servile from choking?
A: Take your boot off his throat.
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #42
that would require doubling the number of graphics needed, which won't happen

--------------------
"I can't read this thread with that image. But then, that's not a complaint." -Scorpius

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #43
I don't think so. Jeff has used the same graphics for different games at different resolutions.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7132
Profile Homepage #44
which ones?

--------------------
Q: How do you save a servile from choking?
A: Take your boot off his throat.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6403
Profile #45
Boats. Which afaik, everyone agrees was a bad idea.

--------------------
??? ??????
???? ?????
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #46
Excellent, I so much like this series of games. Looks good.

--------------------
fishing
Infiltrator
Member # 5754
Profile #47
In the first shot, if you look in the minimap, you see a dock. Does this mean islands? It could be the only dock. Or you might not even use it.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #48
It looks as though the group of rebels you are with was just dropped off at the docks.

And Dikiyoba realized another reason why Dikiyoba immediately liked the looks of G4: Rebellion. It's because it has an actual name.
Shock Trooper
Member # 7143
Profile #49
What names would you have given the other games of this series?

--------------------

-Kripke

-Friedich Nietzche

Pages