Boa scenario's: what stage are they in now?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Boa scenario's: what stage are they in now?
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
I'd like to know in what stage the scenario's are that are being made. A months or three ago was the last one of this sort of topic, and several people posted in that topic telling about their scenario, and in what stage of completion it is. Now I'm asking that question again, hoping to see people had the time to do any work and progress with their scenario.

I'll start:

Though you can read it all on my website, I'm currently alpha testing. A very rough estimation is that I'm about halfway, but given the fact that I can't bring up the motivation nor the time to do anything about, nothing will happen until early may. Then I have vacation. A week's vacation. I hope to round it all up in that week, and finnaly make a beta-call.

(Luckily this is actually about the second time I test things, so in my cases I can run along without encountering problems)

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #1
Re-started ETS the other day.

Then gave up.

Might do some over the Easter holidays, just depends if I can force myself to go dialogue scripting.

- Archmagus Micael

BTW, any idea when Kel's planning on releasing Exodus?

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #2
My progress information can be found here. I have just added some screenshots.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #3
Let's see... before RL jumped me and dragged me away kicking and screaming, I had finished the plot, the terrain, and some of the more tricky scripting. In a couple of weeks school will end for me, so I'll be able to design in earnest.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
My five-year-old child advisor will also be asked to decipher any code I am thinking of using. If he breaks the code in under 30 seconds, it will not be used. Note: this also applies to passwords.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
A highly productive period over spring break just ended (last week). I have about one and a half more towns (out of nearly 60) in which to implement the combat, and a little more filling in to do, and then it will be time for alpha testing. Work is actually easing up right now, so there's some chance that I'll be able to get to alpha by the end of the month.

My plan right now — and any potential beta testers can weigh in on this if they want — is to check for bugs and completeness in the alpha phase, but not to do much with game balance until the beta phase. There are a couple dozen special spells and around as many artifacts, and virtually every monster is customized in some way, so balance will be a very significant issue, and, if I don't even do more than simply make sure that it is possible to complete the scenario in alpha testing, I'll be relying very heavily on my beta testers to give me lots of comments on the usefulness of various spells and the difficulty level of various combats, as well as all the normal things.

My concern, though, is that this is a pretty big scenario (almost 60 towns, around 30 outdoor sections), and I'm going to need several people to finish it and comment on it, which apparently has been a problem with large BoE scenarios before.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #5
Writer's block! Hopefully this one won't last half a year like the other one, but it's got a good month of a head-start. I'd go ahead and jump into the editor, but I just haven't done enough planning.

Hopefully during mid-winter break I'll be able to think something up.

[ Saturday, April 15, 2006 04:32: Message edited by: Millicent, Dear Millicent ]

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #6
Lenar Labs has two projects underway: one more immediate, the other slowly churning away until the day that our combined scripting skills are up to the task.

The main project is a small, plot-driven scenario with under a dozen dungeons. Preproduction was halted in the map sketching stage about three weeks ago, when, seemingly simultaneously, I ran into an unexpected morass of projects and exams that has not quite yet to end, and the Silent Assassin's computer caught a virus.
I'm hoping to go into it head-on over Easter break.

--------------------
The Secondary project, brainchild of the Silent Assassin, is finished in basic design and plot deveolpment. Currently, we are, when the mood suits us, working on custom graphics and maps. The original goal was to get this one out in time for the next scenario design contest, but we believe that the scripting level required to pull this off is far above our heads at this point. Patience and practice...

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
Ungh... I'm still plugging away. At least, I'm trying. Spent an hour last night cleaning up the white fuzz from one of Mab's wall sets (those really need to be cleaned up... a lot), but progress has been really shaky.

Reality hates me, and I'm spread so thin that it has ceased to be funny.

That said, I'm hoping for a beta mid- or late April.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #8
I'm working on a small scenario involving the Avernum marble industry. It is going to be a quick scenario. I'm mainly using it to refresh my memory on scripting, so I can move on to more ambitious stuff.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Reality hates me, and I'm spread so thin that it has ceased to be funny.
Ditto.

I have some dialogue and some easy scripting to do. When I can do that, though, is another matter.

[ Thursday, April 06, 2006 07:03: Message edited by: Nikki xx ]

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shock Trooper
Member # 6666
Profile #10
This is a public service announcement:
quote:
On his website, Smoo wrote:
[Regarding Rats Aplenty:]
How much is done:

- Plot: 100 %
- Town Design 19 %
- Outdoor Design 14 %
- Dialogue 28 %

What I managed to do this weekend (3rd of April)

I wrote around 60 dialogue nodes this leave. While it is what I was planning to write I was hoping I could write more. I just lost too much time due to exhaustion and real-life. I also wrote a creature script that a tougher rare enemy will be using. The outdoors also recieved a few more trees.

I'll be stuck again next weekend, but after that it's Easter and I get a total of FOUR DAYS off the base. I'll probably hit the 200 node limit by then. Fortunately I already figured a way around it.

Estimated release date:

Hopefully before July 7th

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
this seems promising. I'm looking forward to the wave of new scenarios to play, although I'm quite caught up in Flight Simulator at the moment.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #12
My current status for my as yet unnamed scenario.
Plot: 100%
Outdoor Design: 100%
Town Design: 50%
Dialogue: 0%
Noding: 0%

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
My current status for my totally theoretical magnum opus:

PLOT: |||||||||||||||||||| 100%!!! COMPLETE
TOWNS: |||||||||||| 60%
OUTDOORS: ||||||||||| 55%
DIALOGUE: 0%
CODING: 0%
EGO: |||||||||||||||||||| 100%!!! COMPLETE

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #14
Wait, are you making fun of me? I can't tell.

[ Saturday, April 08, 2006 17:05: Message edited by: Smugglers' Alliance, Chief of the ]

--------------------
--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
Honestly? Anyone who uses "percent values" to determine scenario completeness.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #16
Of course one can't measure scenario completeness with any meaningful accuracy. Still, having numbers that get larger gives me the impression that I'm getting somewhere. :P

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #17
Outdoors: Done
Towns: About 3/4 done
Plot: About 2/3 done
Scripts: Hah! Barely started. Only linked towns.
Dialouge: Hehehe! Hah! Not even started. Plotted maybe, but not started

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Warrior
Member # 5274
Profile #18
Glad to see you are still progressing Dahak. I remmber seeing some of your screenshots a while ago and I look forward to playing the finished product.

As for mine it is almost done, I just need to find a free week somewhere to finish the end sequences.

--------------------
I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #19
Seems like a fair amount of scenarios being created. Who wants to say something pessimistic about how many will be released?

Oh, and no-one should stare at the percent values about the completeness of Rats Aplenty I have on my site. I have pulled them completely out of my ass because I assume that's how most people who use percent values count them.

Notice that I have a release date of some sorts for Rats Aplenty. I truly hope I can make it. I would get designing right now but I need to wait for my brain to wake-up and locate the creative juices I have floating somewhere in my body.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #20
I'll say three of the scenarios talked about here stand a good chance of being released.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #21
I just started working on a scenario yesterday. I figure the chances are good that I complete it since its going to be small. For the same reason I probably won't send it to Spiderweb.

On a different note, if I make this scenario and want to make it downloadable from a personal website, how do I convert from a windows file so Mac users can download it?

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #22
Bloody Murphy's Law. The minute I get a break from RL, my scenario decides not to recognize any of the states I create.

By Lazarus:
quote:
I just started working on a scenario yesterday. I figure the chances are good that I complete it since its going to be small. For the same reason I probably won't send it to Spiderweb.

On a different note, if I make this scenario and want to make it downloadable from a personal website, how do I convert from a windows file so Mac users can download it?
No harm done if you put it on SpidWeb. I still don't know why Death at Chapman's isn't on.

I think JV said in the Docs that he would convert any submitted scenarios from one format to another (don't quote me on this). I'm sure one of your beta-testers would be able to as well.

EDIT: Spelling. This just isn't my day.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
When I create a multimedia presentation of my plan designed so that my five-year-old advisor can easily understand the details, I will not label the disk "Project Overlord" and leave it lying on top of my desk.

[ Friday, April 14, 2006 09:15: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #23
I have several scenarios in the "wishing the towns magically designed themselves so I could get on with procrastinating over the coding" stage. But they're all, like, really cool. Don't hold your breath, though.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

I still don't know why Death at Chapman's isn't on.
Spidweb doesn't hunt down every scenario ever released. They just take the scenarios that get submitted. DaC was never submitted to them.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00

Pages