Boa scenario's: what stage are they in now?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Boa scenario's: what stage are they in now?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #25
Actually, Mariann once posted asking after the location of Death at Chapman's. That would have been well over a year ago, though. I assume she was unable to contact the scenario's author to get permission to host it.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #26
I've suspended work on something that might become a scenario some day.

Outdoors - 100% done, but 75% crap.
Outdoor coding - 3.4% done.
Towns - 8 of them. All exist somewhat, some more, some less.
Town coding - uh huh. Nope, about 2% done.
Town dialogue - no.
Backups in existence - 1.
Tentacle release date - November 1998.

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I just started working on a scenario yesterday. I figure the chances are good that I complete it since its going to be small. For the same reason I probably won't send it to Spiderweb.

On a different note, if I make this scenario and want to make it downloadable from a personal website, how do I convert from a windows file so Mac users can download it?

Mine will be released. beta testing will start somewhere mid may, if my estimations are correct, and my 6-year-old Imac doesn't suddenly pulls its own plug.

Due to a wonder called "3 days free from school because of easter" I managed to do quite a bit on the alpha testing. Its so nice when almost everything you made actually works the first time you run through it, isn't it.

So DaC was from Lazarus? I liked that scenario, though I got heavily frustrated by the extreme slowing down of the game. Was it due to bad town design or something of that kind?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #28
DaC was not from Lazarus, unless Lazarus is Erik Westra, which seems unlikely.

And I looked for that post in which Mariann requested DaC, because that sounded familiar, but I couldn't find it, which I thought was odd. There are not a whole lot of threads that mention DaC.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Warrior
Member # 6629
Profile Homepage #29
Sadly, my "Theseus and the Minotaur" Scenario has been put on hold. The Original Editor was driving me crazy. I can't get the 3D Editor to work on my parents Mac without X-Code, so I am putting it on hold indefinitely (until I get my own computer/3D Editor anyway).

--------------------
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #30
quote:

And I looked for that post in which Mariann requested DaC, because that sounded familiar, but I couldn't find it, which I thought was odd. There are not a whole lot of threads that mention DaC.
Probably lost in one of the purges. Not all the stuff from PPP2 is archived online yet.

Oh, and the reason DaC was so slow in places is that the monsters' AI was set to follow the party from anywhere in town. Turns out that BoA really doesn't like having to pathfind a couple of dozen monsters across town every turn.

[ Friday, April 14, 2006 23:36: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #31
Correction:

If I continue the alpha testing in the pace that I'm going now, I might be finished today or tomorrow already. Look out for a potential Beta call on one of these days!

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #32
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:

Probably lost in one of the purges. Not all the stuff from PPP2 is archived online yet.

Did she ask for it on General or something? BoA and BoAE haven't ever been purged.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Infiltrator
Member # 3441
Profile Homepage #33
Update on my scenario:

Town Design: DONE
Outdoor Desing: DONE
Plot: DONE
Dialogue: Not started
Coding: data file pretty much finished. Scenario and Outdoor scripts not started. Town scripts just begun.
Custom Graphics: All but one done.

--------------------
"As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it." --Albert Einstein
--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #34
Update (though not really necessary):

Betatesting has begun and now in progress.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #35
Update.

In spite of my dead laptop, I've succeeded in running BoA and the Editor from my iPod on a lab computer. Thus, work on Embers of Rebellion has begun again, and I've found myself retooling an entire town. And I seriously need to fix a wall set... white noise everywhere!

Beta estimate: maybe sometime in May...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #36
I'm about one small town away from having finished all the towns, and then I have to make a handful of individual scripting changes (add a combat here, change a message there) that should take only about a day.

I can say that alpha testing will happen after finals (mid-May), and a beta call should come soon after that.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #37
Update (because all the cool kids are doing it):

Layout all done. 'Hard' scripting all done. Begun work on 'easy' scripting (message_dialog when walking into a space, etc.). Dialog and creature placement will follow. Now that school is pretty much done for me, work on it has increased dramatically (no more twenty minutes a couple of times a week).

To give myself a lot of breathing room, expect a beta call for Part I in mid-May (the 'scenario' is a quasi-trilogy, it can be taken as a whole or in parts. Hey, if it worked for Tolkien, it can work for me).

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
My undercover agents will not have tattoos identifying them as members of my organization, nor will they be required to wear military boots or adhere to any other dress codes.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Dintiradan:

Update (because all the cool kids are doing it):
Town design is totally finished. I'm adding a little extra dialgue and a new node set to one town, which will be finished as soon as I place the rectangle in town. Then, I need to add creatures and dialgue for half a town. That's it.

I've also changed all of the things people said were bothering them when I realised it earlier - no more "adventurers" for one, Ash.

If I can sit down to write it, and if my computer ever works (I'm using my parents right now), I can finish it soon.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #39
*BUMP BUMPITY BUMPY BUMP*

So, how many of these scenarios are still being made? Or more importantly has anyone made any progress with their scenarios? I'll go first: I've been trying to design something every weekend and while on some weekends progress has been very slow, Rats Aplenty is steadily nearing completion. I haven't actually finished the design of any town yet. But most of the dialog has been written. Currently I'm coding the side quests and designing towns.

If someone has visited my site they'll know that I've set the release date for the 7th of July. I'm not sure if I'll be done by then. That date seemed soo far away when I wrote it down...

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #40
My scenario nears completion. All of the towns are done (although some area descriptions need to be added, as well as some items and touch ups), combat is done, and I am coding some outdoor encounters as we speak.

Besides that I need to go back and add about 15-20 dialog nodes. Then its all done and nothing is left but tweaking the difficulty and fixing bugs during alpha testing.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #41
Progress is being made.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5132
Profile Homepage #42
On a matter of curiosity, do you (TM) have something in the works?

--------------------
"Let us see what the new day brings." - Temas, Areni.

Visit my realm!

Rate My Scenarios!
Fort Emerald Robbery
The Nephils' Defense
The Final Spire
The Fifth Tower of Magi
The Portal
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #43
One would assume that TM is working on something, seeing that he said progress is being made.

Let's see: all the terrain is placed, almost all the scripts are done (I'm going to make a pair of creature scripts, so that any PCs threatening a spellcasting NPC will be bullrushed by a melee NPC), and most of the message states are done. I've got about half of the NPC placement done, and I haven't started on dialog.

Since I started my summer job, progress has ground to a near halt. Still, I expect it to be done in a couple of months. Don't expect anything fancy from this one, other than the fact that it's possible to create a (small) scenario in thirty minute increments.

--------------------
IF I EVER BECOME AN EVIL OVERLORD:
If I find my beautiful consort with access to my fortress has been associating with the hero, I'll have her executed. It's regrettable, but new consorts are easier to get than new fortresses and maybe the next one will pay attention at the orientation meeting.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #44
I'm reaching the halfway point for Embers of Rebellion... at least I think so. Late June at the best.

EDIT:

How about Exodus? Thralni's scenario?

[ Sunday, June 04, 2006 16:27: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #45
My scenario.

Soon.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #46
I'm about a third of the way through an initial run-through of Exodus with a god party. I've been delayed for the past week due to moving, but I should be able to resume sometime this week. I'll finish this run-through with the god party, and then I'll run through it with a regular party, and as soon as I'm sure that it's finishable with a regular party, I'll send out a beta call.

It's going to be very rough around the edges when the first few beta testers get their hands on it, and the "testing" phase should be pretty long, so a release is a long way off yet, but expect a beta call sometime this month (or next month at the absolute latest).

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 6401
Profile #47
Dammit Kel, are you making another OMG-WTF-how-do-I-win-this-scenario scenario?

I cheated unashamedly on Bahssikava, before I realised that my normal dive in and slash method wasn't supposed to be an effective strategy. Gnnngngnggn...

--------------------
I think this is really wonderful.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #48
I know, I said I left, but I was curious as to see if somthing was said about any scenario, or perhaps asked about my own scenario. There was.

My scenario is still in beta. Don't expect that beta will go very fast, as I can only work again on a newer beta version in three weeks. One can expect my scenario to be released in maybe one to 2 months. Hopwever, this is only a rough estimation, and, depending on what I still have to do (that's mainly school), may become an even longer period.

I'm sorry to say it, but it will take a long time until my scenario will be really released.

for the betatesters: I would appreciate it if you can complete the current version of the scenario and send me a report before the 6th of july.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Thin Air:

I cheated unashamedly on Bahssikava, before I realised that my normal dive in and slash method wasn't supposed to be an effective strategy.
Solution to all bahssikavan combat problems:

Archery

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00

Pages