Scenarios in Development

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scenarios in Development
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #100
quote:
There were others in development:

Dahak-- Longshanks
Retr-O-- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad
Supanik-- The Yedda Prophecy and Hope
Overwhelming-- Roussa
Solodric-- Archmage Ascension
Hawk King- The Way of the Guild
Guardian of Eternity-- Evil East
are thay BoA scenarios?

EDIT: oop dident mean to ask that dumb question srorry

[ Sunday, May 15, 2005 09:36: Message edited by: Ice Drake ]

--------------------
If Skribbane dosn't kill me, canisters will.

"You suck." - TM
Shaper
Member # 5437
Profile #101
Yes, all of those are for BoA.
Posts: 2032 | Registered: Wednesday, January 26 2005 08:00
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #102
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Most people are going through AP's and finals during the month of May, so it may be rather slow around here for a little while. I have had no time to design, personally.
I've just finished a series of major tests, but now all of the other subjects are piling tests on us. I doubt that Undead Valley will be completed in time for the June contest (unfortunately). However, I may just fix as many bugs as possible, and send it in :D . SERIOUSLY : I won't actualy do this though.

I've had a HUGE bug list reported in from various testers, much more comprehensive than last time, so when I do get some time to spare for BoA, I'll hopefully address most of the remaining bugs (one can only hope).

The Maze is on standstill until I get UV out (which is on semi-standstill cause of schoolwork)

BTW, is there a call to remove EVERY character in a town (apart from yourself) in one go, or do I need to call each character separately?

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #103
(You'll have to assign a variable to characters)

characters = 6;
while(characters <= 119){
erase_char(characters);
characters = (characters + 1);
}

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5005
Profile #104
Hear-ye, hear-ye, fellow BoA nutcases!

I'm pretty sure that I will be putting together a full scenario for the first time EVER this summer. I have no idea if this will come into fruition, as I have not yet learned scripting (Kel is going to teach me) but I have been messing around with the editor for about a week now, and have a good number of towns, a substantial outdoor area, and a decent storyline down. So yeah, be on the look out. Possibly maybe. :D

--------------------
Beware the Were-Rabbit!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #105
I will finish The Demon Star. I will. It's all that's keeping me sane at the moment. It's just hard when you fall apart constantly. I have no intentions of rushing it out for June. It's just not possible. I will have more time now though, since I've just done a huge set of exams. It all depends on whether or not I can face getting out of bed to work on it.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty, so blame him if it's filthy...
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #106
I may or may not be making progress on any scenarios which I may or may not be designing.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #107
I vow to finish mine before the end of June, and maybe before the end of this month (but that will take a week of psychotic scripting).

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #108
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

I vow to finish mine before the end of June, and maybe before the end of this month (but that will take a week of psychotic scripting).
And another week recovering from your rush of scripting. Just take it slowly, don't rush it too far. I'm trying to get UV done for June, but I doubt it'll be ready, so I'm not rushing or anything. If you send in a Bad, Rushed scenario, it just gives you a bad name.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #109
Undead Valley by Archmagi Micael is finished. It is playable now.

Looking forward to Demon Slayers scenario.

Terrors Martyr-- Should have a new scenario out soon for betatesting-- Mad Ambition.

Who is working on scenarios for the June contest?
I am curious.

The deadline for the scenario contest is June 1, 2005.

Please get out a few scenarios this weekend so they will be betatested for the contest. Untested scenarios tend not to be as good. It is May 28.

So get ready. Hopefully, a bunch more will be coming soon.

There were others in development:

Dahak-- Longshanks

Retr-O-- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad -- getting a copy of both Windows BOA and Mac BOA to make conversion easier.
Arpeggiator-- Chronicle-- aiming to create it for contest in June. Basing it on a book.

Aquila-- Botanical Story
Supanik-- "The Demon Star"
Overwhelming-- Roussa
JadeWolf-- Black Valley
Milu-- Nephil Mountains
Arancaytar-- Eye of the Storm
Spineraker-- Hybrid Child
WildKarrdeSmuggler-- Magi -- beta testing should start soon.
Archmagi Micael-- Maze. Please make it about three towns. Allow for a few resting spots like the empty dragons lair in Basshikava.

Asphalt of Apathy-- working on three separate scenarios, Butrous Galli, Phish Phlot, Poit, Venom, , and Killercrono were working on unspecified works.

Niemand-- Is working on a scenario with a ship in it. He uses wooden walls, wooden floors and cliffs for the boat. He also has modified the mad monk graphic for sailors.

Jonah Zolohahni-- might be starting another one. (corrected)

glompingKhoth-- 1st- 5th level scenario.

YeahThatGuy-- working on a stealth style scenario based on assassinating a leader.

MikeS-- Working on a complete remake of Wizardry 1.

Terrors Martyr-- requesting graphics for new scenario-- Day of the Ursidae. Level 8-16 party. Characters will be Ursagi, graphics switch on party. Also asked for soldier graphics, graphic of a car, graphics of an armored vehicle-- for a Cityscape Scenario.

Lynkfox-- mentioned was working on mob graphics for a new scenario with his girlfriend. ALso trying to figure out how to limit magic.

Smoo-- Is working on another one ( 30th level and
up).

Arrna-- has a few ideas for scenarios.

Aliklik-- Level 60+ scenario.

Yeoman Cheesemonger-- Level 60-80 Scenario

Hopefully with a little encouragement we can beat the statistic of 4/24 and make 6-8/24 :P

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #110
quote:
Originally written by I'll Steal Your Toast:

Archmagi Micael-- Maze. Please make it about three towns. Allow for a few resting spots like the empty dragons lair in Basshikava.

It's got 4 full maze sections (medium sized towns), a start, a small town, and I'm currently working on a town which will tie up all of the loose ends. Then I'll make the finish. I've just incorporated a small short-cut, ut you need to know riddles for that...

My only problem at the moment is getting a Custom Special ability to work. Kelandon - I've looked at your scripts in Bahs, and I think mine's pretty similar. Did you have any problems when making yours (eg, not seeing it in the game)?

- Archmagi Micael

[ Sunday, May 29, 2005 07:46: Message edited by: Archmagi Micael ]

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5802
Profile #111
quote:
Dahak-- Longshanks

Retr-O-- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad -- getting a copy of both Windows BOA and Mac BOA to make conversion easier.
Arpeggiator-- Chronicle-- aiming to create it for contest in June. Basing it on a book.

Aquila-- Botanical Story
Overwhelming-- Roussa
JadeWolf-- Black Valley
Milu-- Nephil Mountains

kool..lotsa new scenerios

[ Sunday, May 29, 2005 08:07: Message edited by: Ice Drake ]

--------------------
If Skribbane dosn't kill me, canisters will.

"You suck." - TM
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #112
quote:
Originally written by Ice Drake:

are those BoA scenerios?
Yes! If they weren't, they'd be in the BoE forum.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #113
quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:

My only problem at the moment is getting a Custom Special ability to work. Kelandon - I've looked at your scripts in Bahs, and I think mine's pretty similar. Did you have any problems when making yours (eg, not seeing it in the game)?
Check out Bahs's START_STATE. You have to give the characters the ability for them to be able to use it.

Incidentally, Toast, I think it's fair to say that a number of those scenarios have been abandoned by this point. If the person hasn't posted in ages and the scenario hasn't come out, then it's probably no more.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #114
Thanks. Here goes, I am just tracking things. I listed the scenarios I think are gone by now at the end of the message. Please let me know if it is wrong.

Undead Valley by Archmagi Micael is finished. It is playable now.

Terrors Martyr-- Should have a new scenario out soon for betatesting-- Mad Ambition.

Who is working on scenarios for the June contest?
I am curious.

The deadline for the scenario contest is June 1, 2005.

Please get out a few scenarios this weekend so they will be betatested for the contest. Untested scenarios tend not to be as good. It is May 28.

So get ready. Hopefully, a bunch more will be coming soon.

I am no longer listing unspecified scenarios.

These are the ones I think are still in development:

Dahak-- Longshanks
JadeWolf-- Black Valley

Niemand-- Is working on a scenario with a ship in it. He uses wooden walls, wooden floors and cliffs for the boat. He also has modified the mad monk graphic for sailors.

glompingKhoth-- 1st- 5th level scenario.

MikeS-- Working on a complete remake of Wizardry 1.

Terrors Martyr-- requesting graphics for new scenario-- Day of the Ursidae. Level 8-16 party. Characters will be Ursagi, graphics switch on party. Also asked for soldier graphics, graphic of a car, graphics of an armored vehicle-- for a Cityscape Scenario.

Smoo-- Is working on another one ( 30th level and
up).

These scenarios may be dead: If you are not dead please let me know. Undead Valley was almost gone on several occassions for example. But, it came back. Scenarios seem to take a longer to make than people expect.

Retr-O (Demonslayer) -- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad -- getting a copy of both Windows BOA and Mac BOA to make conversion easier.
Aquila-- Botanical Story
Overwhelming-- Roussa
Milu-- Nephil Mountains
YeahThatGuy-- working on a stealth style scenario based on assassinating a leader.
Lynkfox-- mentioned was working on mob graphics for a new scenario with his girlfriend. ALso trying to figure out how to limit magic.
Aliklik-- Level 60+ scenario.
Yeoman Cheesemonger-- Level 60-80 Scenario

Hopefully with a little encouragement we can beat the statistic of 4/24 and make 6-8/24 :P

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #115
Sorry about topic revival, but I have totally changed my scen. New plot, the old one was too trashy. New world, not in Ermarian (is that what the Avernum world is called?). And new title: The Andatheanean Empire Pt. 1. I hope I can make part 2 as well!

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #116
Well, as long as this topic has been revived (it seems completely appropriate to this forum anyway), I am also working on another scenario, which just happens to be a sequel to my first. Tentative title: Homecoming.

JadeWolf, a word to the wise. It's very hard to write a sequel, particularly one that doesn't require you to have played through the prequel. I'm grappling with that little problem right now, and I'm having to rewrite multiple versions of cutscenes, just to make sure everyone can figure out what's going on, regardless of whether or not they played Druids of Krell.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6011
Profile Homepage #117
I've got the basic storyline of a scenario written down, though it will probably be some time before it sees the light of day since I'm still acquiring the technical know-how to pull it off.

Anyway, here's a brief synopsis: It's set in a fictional country that's based on feudal Japan, whose lands border an oppressive, decadent regime run by vampires who basically farm humans. The two countries have never been at peace with each other, and the action takes place at the huge wall seperating the two nations (think the Great Wall of China or Hadrian's Wall) as the latest recruits are sent to man the battlements.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #118
Mine's not dead, per se. But I haven't got much done lately; mainly because this is hard.

I totally sucked at scripting, so I'm going back and revamping everything. While doing this, I've found plot "holes" that might not make sense, so I'm fixing those. And my ending is still pretty lame, so I'll work on that.

/end update

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #119
Hi, Just wanted to say I aleady begun working on "where the rivers meet" a few weeks or so.

I already heve a plot and made much of the scenario, but I'm still working on sidequest. I want every quest and piece of information you get, to be in a way part of the story line. That is a big envestment in my scenario.

[ Monday, June 27, 2005 09:12: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 5294
Profile Homepage #120
In case someone was keeping track, I've finished the Proving Grounds scenario (back towards the end of May). Unfortunately, one of the testors started getting a 'unhandled exception' so I've been trying to figure out the problem (not everyone gets it). I'm looking at the graphics I pulled off of the Louvre and at the conversion tool to get into Windows bmp format. This goes slow...
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #121
Those errors are extremely difficult to track down. Have you read the thread about them?

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #122
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

JadeWolf, a word to the wise. It's very hard to write a sequel, particularly one that doesn't require you to have played through the prequel.
I know, but I have a plot which I don't think I could fit into one scenario.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #123
The Maze is in testing limbo while I wait for myself and testers to have some free time to play it. Apart from a minro bug or two that only happens on few computers, it's nearly ready for release.

Also, work has started (VERY VER VERY VERY SLOWLY) on KoV, which I'm hoping to be out for next year's scenario competition. Now that I've got most of the custom graphics sorted out, it should be easy enough...

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #124
Still busy with "where the rivers meet." It doesn't really work out with the custom graphics I made. Anyone who knows a solution or can help me, I posted my questions in the Blades of avernum editor forum, look under the topic "orb of Thralni."

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!

Pages