Scenarios in Development

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scenarios in Development
Apprentice
Member # 5757
Profile Homepage #75
I'm working on "Chronicle". I'm entering it in the scenario contest, so it should be completed soon. :)

It's about a mysterious book (oh boy!). But there's a ton of dungeons I've already mapped out on paper, I just have to put in the editor. BTW, It's not linear at all.

Also, I'm working on a model creature script (see BoA Editor Forum) for the scenario, but also for general use.

[ Tuesday, April 26, 2005 17:34: Message edited by: The Arpeggiator ]

--------------------
You have been arpeggiated!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #76
I prefer the interface of BoE, personally. Regardless, I think it's well worth making the effort to try and get used to it. Maybe you could even start with Demon Island II or Redemption, which mess about with perspective a bit. :P

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #77
I tried out At the Gallows, but I got bored and stopped after no one could tell me where to go next, and upon discovering that BoE has no quest list (see what I mean about my attention span aching?). Which scenarios would you recommend for a slightly less aimless feel?
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #78
AtG is bad that way. :P

There are tons of linear scenarios - no aimlessness at all. Revenge and An Apology would probably be too difficult for an inexperienced player. NTH and Echoes: Assault are very linear. You enjoyed Canopy if I recall correctly, so the TM-ness of those scenarios shouldn't bother you too much.

Yeah. Start with Nebolous Times Hence.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Apprentice
Member # 5757
Profile Homepage #79
quote:
Originally written by The Asphalt of Apathy:

I have about three scenarios in development, but so far none of them have gotten further than a few towns each. Every so often, I realise that something from one scenario would do better in another, so I recreate it. This slows development somewhat.
Really? I often put everything I can think of into one.

--------------------
You have been arpeggiated!
Apprentice
Member # 5005
Profile #80
quote:
Originally written by PoD person:

I tried out At the Gallows, but I got bored and stopped after no one could tell me where to go next, and upon discovering that BoE has no quest list (see what I mean about my attention span aching?). Which scenarios would you recommend for a slightly less aimless feel?
Gah, I totally got dependent on the quest list, too. Kel has told me a lot about Nebulous Times Hence. Maybe one of these days I'll give it a shot...

BTW, went through Cave of No Return for the 2nd time today. If you have 45 minutes to kill and you want to remain in a vegetative state, just run through that scenario. Cures boredom for a moment. Attention span-ache not too bad. :P

And span-ache is an awesome word.

--------------------
Beware the Were-Rabbit!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #81
Bandits II actually has a quest list, but it's not very necessary. :P

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #82
To Thuryl on page 3:
No, I'm not russian. I don't the the connection.
I named it Black Valley because the valley has some serious curses on it, i.e: monster plagues, sickness and the Empire won't help them.
I thought of calling it Drinthane Plagues, after the valley, but I thought that that sounded too... terrible. :D

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

To Thuryl on page 3:
No, I'm not russian. I don't the the connection.
I named it Black Valley because the valley has some serious curses on it, i.e: monster plagues, sickness and the Empire won't help them.
I thought of calling it Drinthane Plagues, after the valley, but I thought that that sounded too... terrible. :D

Original...

Well, it has been said before: If you do it right, you can make your scenario quite similar to existing ones without making it look dumb. Good luck. ;)

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Infiltrator
Member # 4637
Profile Homepage #84
Don't forget to beta test your scenarios before releasing them or sending for the contest.

You can use the Beta Testing Center for that. Check out the link in my signature.

--------------------
Visit the Blades of Avernum Center
and the Beta Testing Center

--------------
"Beware lest anyone cheat you through philosophy and empty deceit, according to the tradition of men, according to the basic principles of the world, and not according to Christ." Colossians 2:6-9
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #85
I found plans for a WoW II yesterday while I was getting stuff off an old hard drive. I could always be very evil and act upon them. Mwah hah hah hah.

Although I do find it funny that I: 1. have no recollection of doing it; 2. did it at all.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #86
I am making a high-level scen and plagues were the only thing i could think of. It's not too late to change, if I get a better suggestion.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #87
I have a few ideas, but I cant script or anything to save myself...if anyone wants an idea email me...dowie@ihug.co.nz...Ill try to reply in a couple of days

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #88
Undead Valley tEsting 9.0 is nearly done, and then I'll release it as version 2.0, sice lots of you have already tried testing version 8.

And I wasn't scared away, My computer died on me, so I had no way of getting back onto the internet. And when I did get the computer fixed, the hard drive had been wiped, so UV had been knocked down a few stages (I'm awful with backups), so I didn't continue. But it's nearly finished now, and The Maze is also being created, though slowly. How long do you think I should put the players through a Maze for? 1 town, 2 town, 3 town ... and so on...?

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #89
quote:
Originally written by Archmagi Micael:

How long do you think I should put the players through a Maze for? 1 town, 2 town, 3 town ... and so on...?
That is not entirely unlike asking "After I stick sharp knives into your various bodily organs, how many hours would you like me to wait before removing them?"

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #90
Undead Valley by Archmagi Micael is finished. It is playable now.

Looking forward to Demon Slayers scenario.

Terrors Martyr-- Should have a new scenario out soon for betatesting-- Mad Ambition.

Who is working on scenarios for the June contest?
I am curious.

The deadline for the scenario contest is June 1, 2005.

Something to consider is that to properly test a scenario with betatesters it takes at least two weeks. This means that by May 15, 2005 a lot of the scenarios for the contest should start being betatested...

So get ready. Hopefully, a bunch more will be coming soon.

There were others in development:

Dahak-- Longshanks

Retr-O-- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad -- getting a copy of both Windows BOA and Mac BOA to make conversion easier.
Arpeggiator-- Chronicle-- aiming to create it for contest in June. Basing it on a book.

Aquila-- Botanical Story
Supanik-- "The Demon Star"
Overwhelming-- Roussa
JadeWolf-- Black Valley
Solodric-- Archmage Ascension
Hawk King- The Way of the Guild
Guardian of Eternity-- Evil East
Milu-- Nephil Mountains
Arancaytar-- Eye of the Storm
Spineraker-- Hybrid Child
WildKarrdeSmuggler-- Magi -- beta testing should start in a week.
Archmagi Micael-- Maze. Please make it about three towns. Allow for a few resting spots like the empty dragons lair in Basshikava.

Asphalt of Apathy-- working on three separate scenarios, Butrous Galli, Phish Phlot, Poit, Venom, , and Killercrono were working on unspecified works.

Niemand-- Is working on a scenario with a ship in it. He uses wooden walls, wooden floors and cliffs for the boat. He also has modified the mad monk graphic for sailors.

Jonah Zolohahni-- might be starting another one. (corrected)

glompingKhoth-- 1st- 5th level scenario.

YeahThatGuy-- working on a stealth style scenario based on assassinating a leader.

MikeS-- Working on a complete remake of Wizardry 1.

Terrors Martyr-- requesting graphics for new scenario-- Day of the Ursidae. Level 8-16 party. Characters will be Ursagi, graphics switch on party. Also asked for soldier graphics, graphic of a car, graphics of an armored vehicle-- for a Cityscape Scenario.

Lynkfox-- mentioned was working on mob graphics for a new scenario with his girlfriend. ALso trying to figure out how to limit magic.

Smoo-- Is working on another one ( 30th level and
up).

Arrna-- has a few ideas for scenarios.

Aliklik-- Level 60+ scenario.

Yeoman Cheesemonger-- Level 60-80 Scenario

Hopefully with a little encouragement we can beat the statistic of 4/24 and make 6-8/24 :P

[ Wednesday, May 25, 2005 15:53: Message edited by: I'll Steal Your Toast ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #91
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:

How long do you think I should put the players through a Maze for? 1 town, 2 town, 3 town ... and so on...?
That is not entirely unlike asking "After I stick sharp knives into your various bodily organs, how many hours would you like me to wait before removing them?"

Well, why bother with knives then if one good maze will kill you off? :P

And The Maze is nothing more than it says. It will be a maze, with some monsters of various levels in it. Any level party can play, as they will start of with an item which can kill all the enemies in an area. The Maze is a VERY short scenario, I have 4 towns at the moment, probably heading for 6, no outdoor sections, just one big annoying Maze . It's for the people who find pleasure in banging their parties against walls, and getting them lost. And ofcourse, the various people who just like Mazes.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #92
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:

*coughrootscough*

quote:

just one big annoying Maze
Why bother?

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

New Mac BoE
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #93
Some people like mazes. Most don't. But some do, and this might appeal to them. At the worst it gets taken off the Spidweb site when I finish it.

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5699
Profile #94
im working on one, lets call it botanical story for now.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #95
Am getting itchy. Maybe someone could try another port of a BOE scenario. There should be at least three ready at any moment. Maybe I am hallucinating about timeliness.

Archmagi Micael will finish Undead Valley 2.0 very soon. He is taking betatesters for a final product. Yay, finally, it is over. Wrote too soon. Glad I am not testing. :P

Looking forward to Demon Slayers scenario.

Looking forward to WildkarrdeSmugglers scenario-- Magi.

Who is working on scenarios for the June contest?
I am curious.

The deadline for the scenario contest is June 1, 2005.

There are ten prizes for the contest. So, hopefully there will be ten submissions for the contest. :)

Something to consider is that to properly test a scenario with betatesters it takes at least two weeks. This means that by May 15, 2005 a lot of the scenarios for the contest should start being betatested...

So get ready. Hopefully, a bunch more will be coming soon.

There were others in development:

Dahak-- Longshanks

Retr-O-- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad -- getting a copy of both Windows BOA and Mac BOA to make conversion easier.
Arpeggiator-- Chronicle-- aiming to create it for contest in June. Basing it on a book.

Aquila-- Botanical Story
Supanik-- "The Demon Star"
Overwhelming-- Roussa
JadeWolf-- Black Valley
Solodric-- Archmage Ascension
Hawk King- The Way of the Guild
Guardian of Eternity-- Evil East
Milu-- Nephil Mountains
Arancaytar-- Eye of the Storm
Spineraker-- Hybrid Child
WildKarrdeSmuggler-- Magi -- beta testing should start in a week.
Archmagi Micael-- Maze. Please make it about three towns. Allow for a few resting spots like the empty dragons lair in Basshikava.

Asphalt of Apathy-- working on three separate scenarios, Wizcozski, Butrous Galli, Phish Phlot, Poit, Venom, , and Killercrono were working on unspecified works.

Jonah Zolohahni-- might be starting another one. (corrected)

glompingKhoth-- 1st- 5th level scenario.

YeahThatGuy-- working on a stealth style scenario based on assassinating a leader.

MikeS-- Working on a complete remake of Wizardry 1.

Terrors Martyr-- requesting graphics for new scenario-- Day of the Ursidae. Level 8-16 party. Characters will be Ursagi, graphics switch on party. Also asked for soldier graphics, graphic of a car, graphics of an armored vehicle-- for a Cityscape Scenario.

Lynkfox-- mentioned was working on mob graphics for a new scenario with his girlfriend. ALso trying to figure out how to limit magic.

Smoo-- Is working on another one ( 30th level and
up).

Arrna-- has a few ideas for scenarios.

Aliklik-- Level 60+ scenario.

Yeoman Cheesemonger-- Level 60-80 Scenario

Hopefully with a little encouragement we can beat the statistic of 4/24 and make 6-8/24 :P

[ Tuesday, May 17, 2005 01:03: Message edited by: Duke of Toast ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #96
Of all of those, it's probably reasonable to expect two to get made.

Most people are going through AP's and finals during the month of May, so it may be rather slow around here for a little while. I have had no time to design, personally.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #97
I'll go with four, not two. I guess I'm just more optimistic.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #98
I'm a magic man.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #99
I WILL finish mine, at least! (some day, maybe even around this year)

--------------------
"I'm not crazy!"
"Well, whatever. Maybe you just ate something really questionable, or perhaps someone hit you on the head with something large, blunt and heavy just now. By the way..." Gil nudged Grul pointedly.

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?

Pages