Scenarios in Development

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Scenarios in Development
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #50
I have a plot, but I don't know if it's been used before. Plus, I don't know if it's even good. So maybe.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #51
To clarify, SBatOS is for BOA.

To further throw things off, I recently remembered I haven't registered BOA for Windows. Only Mac. Right now I'm working on that, then the conversion process should be quick and painless.

That and I have no time. But whatever.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #52
quote:
Originally written by Toasted Basilisk on a Shish Kebab:

If you finish all the scenarios with a regular four character party-- try redoing some of the them with a singleton. It is much harder...
but I like my party...theyre like best mates and stuff

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #53
It looks like I've had a few ideas how to rework the hopelessly cliche'd plot of Eye of the Storm in a marginally more interesting way, and I've also finally installed the 3d editor. Expected remaining designing time has shortened from around 3 years to around half a year. :)

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #54
Mine is now definitly named Black Valley.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #55
I have about three scenarios in development, but so far none of them have gotten further than a few towns each. Every so often, I realise that something from one scenario would do better in another, so I recreate it. This slows development somewhat.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #56
quote:
Originally written by JadeWolf:

Mine is now definitly named Black Valley.
Hmm. Perhaps I'm making unwarranted assumptions here, but do you by any chance speak Russian?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #57
Here goes. Mr. Slack just came out with Cresent Valley.

Looking forward to Demon Slayers scenario.

Who is working on scenarios for the June contest?
I am curious.

There were others in development:

Dahak-- Longshanks

Retr-O-- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad -- getting a copy of both Windows BOA and Mac BOA to make conversion easier.
Arpeggiator-- Chronicle-- aiming to create it for contest in June.
Supanik-- "The Demon Star"
Overwhelming-- Roussa
JadeWolf-- Black Valley
Solodric-- Archmage Ascension
Hawk King- The Way of the Guild
Guardian of Eternity-- Evil East
Milu-- Nephil Mountains
Arancaytar-- Eye of the Storm
Spineraker-- Hybrid Child
WildKarrdeSmuggler-- Magi -- beta testing should start in a week.

Asphalt of Apathy-- working on three separate scenarios, Butrous Galli, Phish Phlot, Poit, Venom, , and Killercrono were working on unspecified works.

Jonah Zolohahni-- might be starting another one. (corrected)

glompingKhoth-- 1st- 5th level scenario.

YeahThatGuy-- working on a stealth style scenario based on assassinating a leader.

MikeS-- Working on a complete remake of Wizardry 1.

Terrors Martyr-- requesting graphics for new scenario-- Day of the Ursidae. Level 8-16 party. Characters will be Ursagi, graphics switch on party. Also asked for soldier graphics, graphic of a car, graphics of an armored vehicle-- for a Cityscape Scenario.

Lynkfox-- mentioned was working on mob graphics for a new scenario with his girlfriend. ALso trying to figure out how to limit magic.

Smoo-- Is working on another one ( 30th level and
up).

Aliklik-- Level 60+ scenario.

Yeoman Cheesemonger-- Level 60-80 Scenario

Hopefully with a little encouragement we can beat the statistic of 4/24 and make 6-8/24 :P

[ Saturday, April 30, 2005 14:42: Message edited by: Toasted Basilisk on a Shish Kebab ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #58
Well, hm. That's 4/24 that are statistically likely to be completed. :P
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #59
hope most of them get completed...they look pretty good

--------------------
---------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #60
You have listed me twice. I (Arancaytar) am working on Eye of the Storm, and nothing else. I suppose my name changes (Are run, kite are, ratyacnarA) have caused some confusion.

And I dream of it being finished for the June contest of course, but it's unlikely. Too much work ahead right now.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #61
Sorry for my whole not-being-here-to-do-any-scenario-work thing. Hope has been scrapped. It was just a no-go. The plot sucked, the town design sucked: the whole stinking edifice sucked.

The Yedda Prophecy is now called "The Demon Star" - as opposed to the original which was "Demon Stone". It's the same thing though. I started it again, mostly. I am much better at the whole thing, so I wanted it all to be as good as it could be. I'm coding and writing dialogue as we speak, I'll be done soon.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #62
I'm slowly learning how to do dialogue and cutscenes, and I expect I'll be picking up speed after the first couple things are done. Unless of course I get the compulsion to add more and more to the storyline, in which case it'll take a few years yet.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #63
Yesterday I got this odd itch to write out and acutally work on the aforementioned plot. Maybe this idea will become a scenario after all.

Yay!

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Apprentice
Member # 3920
Profile Homepage #64
I have been working on a scenario myself. I didn't know you guys put out this thread--so I guess I'll submit my own two-cents.

I am currently working on a scenario titled "Hybrid Child". It is based in the Avernum Mythos, and will take place in the area I am now calling "The Western Island Nations".

Reasoning for this: In almost every BoE scenario I played, I found that, for some reason, there were more islands than anything else. Now, as a scenario designer (though never published, mind you), I realise that Islands are easier to make than "Continents". My gripe was that so many of the scenarios have taken place on sprawling islands that I wanted to make a bit of logic from that chaos. Hence, the Western Island Nations were born. (Why Western? I don't know...everything seems to come from the west so I just thought it sounded cool ^_^.)

Taking this into account, I decided to throw this info into the scenario over the course of the game--giving a nice, simple explination to why there are so many islands (seemingly endless, in fact) just spewed onto the planet. I know that BoA is a different game and all, and, surprisingly, there aren't many island games (yet!!!) for BoA. But this makes for a good story basis, and allowes me to at least excercise some beggining story muscles ;) .

The plot will be moderately complex--I am hoping for a shorter than Epic story, about 75% of what Small Rebellion gave. I will also include a multi-string ending that will, I am hopeing, be nice as well as independant of the others (ie: Kill Bob will kill the town, but you never got the quest to kill Bob--the town lives. The ending you get is in the middle of the dead town. I saw this a lot in BoE.)

The actual plot I am currently keeping to myself as it is an idea that I have no idea why no one else has thought of it...and honestly am afraid those that are better skilled would take the idea before I have much to show for it :P .
(I also want to have a basic story line before releasing the plot--as I am also not SURE if anyone has already done it. To insure I am safe on that base, I will give more info on this later--I won't be releasing the scenario and all of a sudden find out I plagerized through ignorance.)

There is that. I doubt it will happen, but this scenario COULD be submited to the June Contest if my ideas work--though we all know how that turns out now don't we -_-'.

--------------------
"I am not stubborn, your just stupid."
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #65
If two scenarios are very similar, who cares? It's only if they're TOTALLY ALIKE (ie, Solberg) that you will be eviscerated. I mean, you played most BoE scenarios, right? If it sounds fairly unique and is well-done, you won't be murdered.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5005
Profile #66
quote:
Originally written by Toasted Basilisk on a Shish Kebab:

Looking forward to Demon Slayers scenario.

Dahak-- Longshanks

Retr-O-- Saint Brevity and the Oochie squad -- getting a copy of both Windows BOA and Mac BOA to make conversion easier.

Supanik-- "The Demon Star"
Overwhelming-- Roussa
JadeWolf-- Black Valley
Solodric-- Archmage Ascension
Hawk King- The Way of the Guild
Guardian of Eternity-- Evil East
Milu-- Nephil Mountains
Arancaytar-- Eye of the Storm

Asphalt of Apathy-- working on three separate scenarios, Butrous Galli, Phish Phlot, Poit, Venom, , and Killercrono were working on unspecified works. Spineraker might be working on something-- guessing on this one.

Jonah Zolohahni-- might be starting another one. (corrected)

glompingKhoth-- 1st- 5th level scenario.

MikeS-- Working on a complete remake of Wizardry 1.

Terrors Martyr-- requesting graphics for new scenario-- Day of the Ursidae. Level 8-16 party. Characters will be Ursagi, graphics switch on party. Also asked for soldier graphics, graphic of a car, graphics of an armored vehicle-- for a Cityscape Scenario.

Lynkfox-- mentioned was working on mob graphics for a new scenario with his girlfriend. ALso trying to figure out how to limit magic.

Smoo-- Is working on another one ( 30th level and
up).

Aliklik-- Level 60+ scenario.

Yeoman Cheesemonger-- Level 60-80 Scenario

Hopefully with a little encouragement we can beat the statistic of 4/24 and make 6-8/24 :P

I'm a happy panda. I've played almost all of the available scenarios. Something new will be much fun. Hurray! :D

--------------------
Beware the Were-Rabbit!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #67
Wiz,Im in total agreement...cept that Ive played all scenarios and half Ive played twice...it gets a little boring

--------------------
---------------------
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #68
BoE has lots and lots of scenarios...

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Apprentice
Member # 5005
Profile #69
I could very well be deemed a heathen for this, but I actually don't like BoE as much. I started right of the bat with the Avernum trilogy followed by BoA, so it's a possibility I'm a bit biased. I've played a little with BoE and it just didn't take, even with the plethera of scenarios already in existence (I certainly hope that the number of BoA scenarios will match if not exceed BoE's number).

--------------------
Beware the Were-Rabbit!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #70
Well, it won't match for a good 6/7 years at least (probably more).

I'd suggest trying to get used to BoE. Even if it's not as appealling to you, if you can learn to enjoy it, it's very worthwhile.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #71
BOE? You want me to play in 2D?! ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?!

--------------------
---------------------
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #72
Considering that BoA is also technically in 2D, I think you're nuts. Isometrics aren't real 3D at all.
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #73
I'd play BoE again if my playing ability (for BoE and BoA) hadn't dwindled to nothing. Ironically, I can create better than I can play.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #74
It's not the graphics, for me, so much as the interface. BoA is so much quicker, more intuitive and, yes, easier.

BoE gives me an attention span-ache.

Pages