While We Wait for the Next Chapter

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: While We Wait for the Next Chapter
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #75
quote:
Originally written by Disappearer:

quote:
Originally written by Executor Xel'Raga:

Ok this is all fine and dandy, but why in gods name is Diprosopus banned?!!?!?!
He posted some things (for no apparent reason) that grossly violated the code of conduct. The thread in question has been spirited away (due to grossness).

Admittedly, I only saw the edited version of Dip's topic, but you know what? I actually really liked it.

Dikiyoba: I thought the skeleton was there to rise from the plate and attempt to murder you back?

At Salmon: Dude, it's in to be pale and malnourished this season! Edit: I would like to add that I hope that my vegetarian comments come across as slightly tongue-in-cheek. I mean, you're welcome to your opinion, and you can eat whatever you like. I'd just rather murder some grapes than a lamb.

Also: A video for you all to enjoy. All I ask is that you watch.

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 14:24: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #76
There is no video which will make a baconator taste anything but delicious...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
真実長ガス
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #77
I see your video as evidence that more delicious meat is entering my food chain. :P

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #78
Nalyd is a vegetarian, too. . . Though not for any moral reason. He just doesn't like meat. Or most things containing any protein whatsoever.

*Watches video*

Progress. Just asserting our genetic dominance. ;)

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 15:22: Message edited by: Faint Piping of Two Demoniac Flutes ]

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Indeed, mortals, we envy you.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #79
I see your... disturbing video and raise you one Meatrix, Nikki. Anyways, I'm not a vegetarian, but a lot of meats, especially bacon, white meat, and pig I simply will not eat. And some of the reasons are even moral.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #80
quote:
Originally written by Faint Piping of Two Demoniac Flutes:

Nalyd is a vegetarian, too. . . Though not for any moral reason. He just doesn't like meat. Or most things containing any protein whatsoever.

*Watches video*

Progress. Just asserting our genetic dominance. ;)

Dude, if genetic dominance had anything to do with it, you'd be in the film, in a starring role, not posting. ;)

GoldenKing: Well, shoot. I can't beat Meatrix films. My only defense is Alec Baldwin. He wouldn't lie to me!

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 15:44: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #81
I would like to know more about this supposed pig insanity. It implies they had legitimate thoughts to begin with.

--------------------
You lose.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #82
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

I would like to know more about this supposed pig insanity. It implies they had legitimate thoughts to begin with.
quote:
Originally written by Me:

...Alec Baldwin. He wouldn't lie to me!

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 15:46: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #83
Vegan's are the reason that there will never be a sentient species of plant. At least the rest of us are equal opportunity eaters...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
真実長ガス
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #84
How can you say that? We haven't even progressed to the point of eating babies yet.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #85
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

How can you say that? We haven't even progressed to the point of eating babies yet.
You must have missed Jonathan Swift's essay on dealing with the Irish problem. :)
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #86
As much as I agree that the treatment of these animals is cruel, unfair, and completely unnecessary, I'm not likely to become vegetarian because of it. I can't stand the thought of my primary source of protein for the rest of my life being soy-based.

I do find it ironic how poorly innocent animals are treated, especially when compared with, say, the lifestyles (and "deathstyles") of people on death row. You'd think that we could come up with a more humane way of dealing with meat slaughter, if the undeserving wretches in prison get it so good. (Mind you, I'm a supporter of capital punishment, and I think it's entirely too humane, and much better than some criminals deserve.)

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

ET reminds me of myself before I was taken into a small chatroom by TM, Alec, and various other members. They then proceeded to beat some sense into me...
-Lt. Sullust

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/16/08)
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #87
quote:
Randomizer:
You must have missed Jonathan Swift's essay on dealing with the Irish problem. :)
I most certainly did not. And I note how his wisdom is as yet unheeded.

--------------------
You lose.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #88
Originally by Nemesis:

quote:
As much as I agree that the treatment of these animals is cruel, unfair, and completely unnecessary, I'm not likely to become vegetarian because of it. I can't stand the thought of my primary source of protein for the rest of my life being soy-based.
You could probably find organic and/or local sources of meat, eggs, and dairy. It just takes more work and costs more money. (Which hurts, yes.) It shouldn't be too hard to find, though. If a brand is selling milk without using horomones or eggs from free-range chickens, they will be advertising it right on the carton.

And it's not like soy beans are the only legumes out there. :P

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #89
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

I can't stand the thought of my primary source of protein for the rest of my life being soy-based.

Edamame are pretty tasty. If you're ever at a Japanese restaurant, I recommend them.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #90
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

I do find it ironic how poorly innocent animals are treated, especially when compared with, say, the lifestyles (and "deathstyles") of people on death row. You'd think that we could come up with a more humane way of dealing with meat slaughter, if the undeserving wretches in prison get it so good. (Mind you, I'm a supporter of capital punishment, and I think it's entirely too humane, and much better than some criminals deserve.)
Ironic that people are treated better than animals? It mostly has to do with the Eighth Amendment's Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause. People have rights; animals are chattel. I don't approve of how they're treated in the process of becoming food, but there's a big distinction there.

Good thing we are always 100% sure about the guilt of people we put on death row, huh? :rolleyes: You know, if the US is too soft on criminals for you, I understand Iraq, Pakistan, and China are nice this time of year...

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 18:34: Message edited by: Drew ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #91
Indeed, I do now regret bringing up the herbivore vs omnivore meme.

Once again, it is all my fault.

Damn, I'm good. :P

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #92
Go fish.
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #93
Too bad I've stumbled across this only now, when the fishsticks have become stale already (as a topic I mean). Otherwise I would have added this:

Over here|in the land of chocolate we don't get any cod-fishsticks, since the Portugese catch them all and dry and salt them before tossing them back into the ocean. It's only after this that the English drag the sorry mess out of the ocean and batter it into their national dish number one. Therefore, no cod-fishsticks for the rest of us. We only get the Alaska pollock (or pollack) ones.

This is what I would have shared with you. Too bad the topic has shifted again.

--------------------
Always try to be true to yourself - unless you suck
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #94
I'm afraid the penalty around these parts for revisiting a theme half a page late is death by fishstick.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #95
aaaaaarrrrrrrrgh...

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #96
I tried soy-based food once. I was ill for days, couldn't get the vile coy, sweet taste out of my mouth.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #97
I've just been fished to death and all you can think of is that sweet taste in your mouth?
Self, self, self... (endless headshaking accompanied by a quiet (not mute) tut-tut-tut)

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #98
I rule these boards with an iron fist, insolent cretin! Mere twisted fibres will never slow my advance!

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Warrior
Member # 6934
Profile #99
Were you force-fed, dear? What did these people do to you? I'm worried.

--------------------

Pages