While We Wait for the Next Chapter

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: While We Wait for the Next Chapter
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #25
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Tell me, Salmon, would you like me to follow up every single post you make with an insolent remark, day after day?
Actually, I believe this is my first time doing so. Perhaps you mean the community as a whole, but I won't take responsibility for what others post.

It's not done "every single post [he] makes", just the annoying, spammy ones. The fact that the two sets are almost the same is his fault, not mine.

--------------------
My Myspace, with some of my art
The Lyceum - The Headquarters of the Blades designing community
The Louvre - The Blades of Avernum graphics database
BoE Webring - Self explanatory
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #26
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin Salmon:

quote:

Tell me, Salmon, would you like me to follow up every single post you make with an insolent remark, day after day? (Actually, now that I think about it, you might enjoy it.)
See, this is where you almost see my point, but then lose it. The insolence is how you see the ADoS remark. How is it seen by the intended recipient?

I'm concerning myself with how it's an uncalled-for insult at Jeran. I don't care if it's played for humor or for spare change down at the street corner. It's using Jeran as an undeserved punching bag.

quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

Actually, I believe this is my first time doing so. Perhaps you mean the community as a whole, but I won't take responsibility for what others post.
Hopefully, this is also your last time doing so, and no, I don't expect you to take responsibility for what others post. But even if this was a one-time thing, it's still uncalled-for to take his words, mangle them beyond recognition, and then slam them right down his throat.

--------------------
Nioca's Citadel
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #27
quote:

But even if this was a one-time thing, it's still uncalled-for to take his words, mangle them beyond recognition, and then slam them right down his throat.
God bless liberty.

Oh, I forgot. You Americans don't do that anymore, do you?

If you don't like what ADoS is saying/doing, don't rise to the bait. He'll be dealt with by the mods, or rewarded with cheesecake, as is his due. But lets not crap on him for having his say, in a way that may or may not have been spiteful.

(I would like it to be clear that I am sticking giant graemlins with their giant tongues all over this post.)

[ Saturday, April 12, 2008 16:16: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #28
wait.

Do you ever find fyt to be funny? If you are treating them special just because it is Jeran, again that is a function of you, and not the fyt, the author, or Jeran.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #29
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin Salmon:

wait.

Do you ever find fyt to be funny?

As a matter of fact, I do. What I don't find funny is using them as a way to attack another member.

--------------------
Nioca's Citadel
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #30
Nioca, you're coming it a little high.

Next thing we know, you'll be regaling us all about the virtues of abstemious living and admonishing us on the dangers of dancing. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Also, Nija: bragging about a sword you have in a game where you can edit the item into existence is pretty sad. Oops! I just created a +12 hackmaster with Uber-leet level drain +90 and +38 acid viral infection bonus. I so pwn yoo.

[ Saturday, April 12, 2008 17:34: Message edited by: Drew ]
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #31
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Nioca, you're coming it a little high.
It's unfortunate that a sense of morality is currently being construed here as pretentiousness. :(

Let me get something straight here; I have no qualms about someone expressing distaste for another person or their behavior. I have no problem with someone stating their mind. I have no problem with someone making such statements with spite or venom. But what I do have a problem with is someone declaring open season on a person and delivering an undeserved verbal beat-down when the opportunity arises.

For example, your comment toward Jeran doesn't bother me. Not in the slightest. In fact, I agree with you on that. But, and this is the key here, you didn't verbally abuse him while doing it.

--------------------
Nioca's Citadel
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #32
quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

God bless liberty.

Oh, I forgot. You Americans don't do that anymore, do you?

We just got bored with it that's all... :P

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
真実長ガス
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #33
For crying out loud, people. Let's just tell it like it is and stop moaning about every other person saying something the wrong way:

1. Jeran made a lot of annoying posts. Jeran got feedback about this. Jeran made another post in the same vein. Jeran, now might be a good time to re-evaluate your posting strategy. Is it getting you what you want? You're making people hate you.

2. ADoS made fun of Jeran's post in a way that was funny, but also pretty mean. There's a thin line between parody and cruelty and as ADoS no doubt knows, this is pushing it and not OK on the boards. Some of the funny parts could have been put in without the gratuitous anatomical and maternal references.

3. Nioca expressed his sense of morality, but in a way that came off as self-righteous and demanding, as a result of which he also received feedback about it. Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Also, it may be wise not to let Salmon bait you too much :)

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #34
Darn it Slarty!

Halibut season doesn't start for 18 more days.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #35
Halibut are good eating.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #36
quote:
Originally written by Disappearer:

For crying out loud, people. Let's just tell it like it is and stop moaning about every other person saying something the wrong way:

Everyone involved sucks.

Fixed your typo.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #37
Hmm. I haven't had any Halibut in a long time. Must get some fishies.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #38
*sigh* I wish I was a monk.

quote:
Originally written by Iffy:

I would have bet on you losing anyway.
And thus enters the third combatant.

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
BANNED
Member # 13806
Profile #39
Combat? Sir, I was not aware that fighting was permitted on these boards. A shame, that is: Sometimes, a battle can be amusing. No matter, I have enough diversions to keep you safe from harm. :)
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #40
What fish species are fishsticks? I'm thinking they must at least be a saltwater fish, because if you only fish on a lake it's a bit much to call yourself Captain Highliner.

But then they don't really seem well evolved for the oceans. Their body shape doesn't seem very hydrodynamic, they're pretty small, and they evidently swim in schools of only 15. Also that crumbly surface layer seems like a pretty lousy budget alternative to scales. Is it even waterproof?

I'm beginning to think the existence of fishsticks is clinching evidence for intelligent design.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #41
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

What fish species are fishsticks?
You know newspaper hats? Well, before somebody is allowed to use a full sheet of paper trying to make a hat, they have to make smaller, simpler things first. A bit like furniture makers. :)

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #42
quote:

EDIT: Also, Nija: bragging about a sword you have in a game where you can edit the item into existence is pretty sad. Oops! I just created a +12 hackmaster with Uber-leet level drain +90 and +38 acid viral infection bonus. I so pwn yoo.

Uber-Leet is not part of the character files, so therefore cannot be added. Plus a 90+ bonus is an unsupported variable, so A) Does not exist within game mechanics and B) Wouldn't work anyway. The same goes for the 38+

Viral infection however, since most people at that time thought that diseases were spread by foul air, this integer would naturally be a serious atmosphere-buster. However, in its place there are weapon properties that allow for a variety of magical and non-magical diseases. Soldier Shakes for example, is typically DC-18 and results in high levels of STR and CON reduction, as well as movement penalties.

Devouring Maggots have somewhat the same effect, however they are classified as a demonic infection, therefore the DC is much higher to cure, also on major infestations the target must make a FORT save every so often or die.

Plus, I acquired the weapon by first forging the base components with a DC-24 Crafting check (Rolled a natural 16+38 on my crafting check) to create a Masterwork Greatsword, then had to remember that the primary server craftsman lives in Germany, time my login to his login, phoney up 500.000GP for the Enhancement Bonus, then use a mixture of skeleton knuckles, bodak skulls and the essence of a corrupted Wright to achieve the negative energy damage. The 6+ AB came from the Masterwork crafting, combined with the weight limitation, factoring in my characters Dexterity bonus against Armour Class and bonus feats acquired during epic levels. This brings my AB level to 53/48/43/38/34, the extra 3+ AB coming from my prestige classes and the latent dodge bonus incurred by having racial type (elf) and the Mobility feat. This however is voided when wearing Plate-Mail or any armour with a maximum dexterity bonus of 3 or lower.

Plus, my name is not Nija.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #43
quote:

What fish species are fishsticks?

The box says ocean whitefish, which I think means "Whatever we can catch and grind up". This includes mermaids.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #44
I understand that mermaids are high in mercury. :(
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #45
Hans Christian Andersen, thou shouldst be living at this hour.

[ Sunday, April 13, 2008 10:18: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #46
Is it just me, or are everyone involved in this topic high on some highly toxic substance?

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #47
Mercury.

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #48
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

Well then he must not have been talking to you. Right?

quote:

Mercury.
Speak for yourself. I don't eat fish sticks.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

ET reminds me of myself before I was taken into a small chatroom by TM, Alec, and various other members. They then proceeded to beat some sense into me...
-Lt. Sullust

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/16/08)
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #49
quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

quote:

Nija: Stat-wanking is idiotic.

Here are the stats of my sword.

Heeey, I know your game. You're deliberately trying to make us ridicule you by pretending to be stupid. I'm not gonna fall for that anymore.

--------------------
The Noble and Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaBlades ForgeArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Decorum deserves a whole line of my signature, and an entry in your bookmarks.

Pages