While We Wait for the Next Chapter

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: While We Wait for the Next Chapter
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #50
I think it would be safe to say that this topic has jumped the fishstick.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #51
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

Is it just me, or are everyone involved in this topic high on some highly toxic substance?
"I get high on life."

I'm sticking with that until the Cheney government stops monitoring us. For those of you old enough to remember, Doonesbury had a series where Zonker Harris and Mark Slackmeyer were motorcycling across the country in a parody of Easy Rider. The get caught for drug possession and placed in a hotel room until trial. They find a bug and use that line. The case gets thrown out over the illegal bugging. Now a days they would never get to trial since under the Patriot Act, these subversives could be held indefinitely and the arrest could be kept secret for reasons of national security.

Stupid server made me retype this over an internal error.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #52
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

quote:
Originally written by Jeran Korak:

quote:
Originally written by Drew:

Nija: Stat-wanking is idiotic.

Here are the stats of my sword.

Plus, my name is not Nija.

Heeey, I know your game. You're deliberately trying to make us ridicule you by pretending to be stupid. I'm not gonna fall for that anymore.

I'm not pretending to be stupid, in fact I have no idea how any of my former post(s) was in any way stupid, it was in fact a detailed and comprehensive comeback against a person whom I consider a mild scource of entertainment. Plus, I had some time on my hands.

EDIT: Oh, Randomizer, I find a lot of these errors can be overcome by using Ctrl-C on your highlighted post before submitting it. Just something that might help you.

[ Sunday, April 13, 2008 13:35: Message edited by: Jeran Korak ]

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #53
quote:

Uber-Leet is not part of the character files, so therefore cannot be added.
I reckon you got him there, all right.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #54
It depends mostly on which company is selling the fish sticks. For those caught in the north Atlantic, expect it is mostly cod. For those caught in the northern pacific, it can indeed be Pacific whiting, but also sablefish, true cod, or any of the other ground fish which have tasty flesh which fails to hold shape very well after being cooked. I suspect this has something to do with the intense pressures in their natural environment, and some biochemical reaction to being cooked. Or, more simply, the stuff that binds together the muscles in surface fish is stronger or "morer" (<- that is a new word) than in those fish found at more than 40 fathoms of depth.

Hmm. Maybe I should do some more sciency type research on this.

And yay for Aran! But remember, you can still respond if you want to see the response you engender. :)

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #55
Originally by Salmon:

quote:
...tasty flesh which fails to hold shape very well after being cooked. I suspect this has something to do with the intense pressures in their natural environment, and some biochemical reaction to being cooked. Or, more simply, the stuff that binds together the muscles in surface fish is stronger or "morer" (<- that is a new word) than in those fish found at more than 40 fathoms of depth.
I want to say that tasty, crumbly white flesh is mostly due to them being fairly inactive fish and so don't need the same type of muscle as more active fish, but don't quote me on it.

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb ReloadedEpisode 5: Spiderweb Resistance
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #56
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

quote:

Uber-Leet is not part of the character files, so therefore cannot be added.
I reckon you got him there, all right.

Yeah, I don't think I've ever been burned so badly, ever.
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #57
Why, why do you keep rising to my bait, intentional or unintentional, so easily? If I said rain was wet you would probably attempt to come up with some unimaginative reply to counter me.

Oh well, don't stop now, I quite enjoy watching your attempts. It makes a change from casting Dominate Monster on level 8 repeat-spawn haXXors. I look forward to your horrifically witty and inevitably devastating reply with trepidation.

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #58
Is there going to be Tartar sauce available with these fishsticks? Or would that be an abomination against the mighty Salmon...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
真実長ガス
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #59
I still can't get over the fact Aran said "stat-wanking". :P

I always assumed fish was crumbly in order to get people to choke on it - a sort of last ditch attempt at killing it's predators. Of course, since that particular fish is already dead, and cooked, (and served with a garnish of guilt,) it's too late for him, but at least the rest of the species will flourish.

(P.S., I wanted to make a flounder joke so bad, it actually hurt.)

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - You don't want to know.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #60
quote:

Why, why do I keep rising to your bait, intentional or unintentional, so easily?
FYT

I think your understanding of what is witty repartee may be a little off. Here's a hint: correcting a person's sarcastic remark on the rules of a completely customizable MMORPG doesn't work. "Please die" from a previous thread also doesn't work too well, either.

You are setting yourself up, dude, and not impressing anyone. If you say you aren't trying to impress anyone, then I invite you to reconsider why you bother posting here at all - I can't imagine it's because you enjoy the company.

Admittedly, I'm messing with you because you annoy me and it's so easy, and I guess that's against the spirit of the CoC, so I'll lay off. Time to start working on that greasemonkey script to block your posts from appearing on my screen...

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 06:03: Message edited by: Drew ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #61
quote:
Originally written by Drew:

I do not have a life, so I will attempt to steal one from someone I don't give a **** about
FYT

--------------------
*Eyes potential targets*
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #62
The Emperor is pleased.

--------------------
You lose.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #63
~I'm rubber, you're glue. This is spam and you eat poo.~

Are we done yet?

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #64
Originally by Nikki:

quote:
I always assumed fish was crumbly in order to get people to choke on it - a sort of last ditch attempt at killing it's predators.
No, silly. That's what their bones are for. :P

Dikiyoba.

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 08:23: Message edited by: Dikiyoba ]

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #65
Being married gives him more claim to having a life than most of the rest of us...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
真実長ガス
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #66
quote:

If I said rain was wet you would probably attempt to come up with some unimaginative reply to counter me.
Rain in and of itself is not wet. It's only when the water in rain at a certain temperature range comes in contact with another substance can we determine by their interaction the condition of wet. :)

Come on you really didn't expect anything you say to go unchallenged.

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 16:48: Message edited by: Randomizer ]
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #67
If anyone is eating salmon fishsticks, there is great disturbance in the force.

On the other hand, I have a great recipe for beer battered salmon poppers.

Edit - I no longer choose to pester Nikki about his diet. It is his choice, and it is blindingly unfair for me to bug him about how silly it is for him to limit his caloric intake to so few sources. Plus, it leaves more for me. ;)

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 09:21: Message edited by: Jumpin Salmon ]

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #68
Ok this is all fine and dandy, but why in gods name is Diprosopus banned?!!?!?!

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #69
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin Salmon:

If anyone is eating salmon fishsticks, there is great disturbance in the force.

Salmon should be grilled and topped with a green olive, tomato, and onion salsa. Tasty.

Xel-raga, go look at the last topic he made.

:Edit: My bad. Ants should be fried, not grilled.

[ Monday, April 14, 2008 13:46: Message edited by: Andraste ]

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #70
quote:

... in fact I have no idea how any of my former post(s) was in any way stupid ...
Jeran, the main reason for these conflicts is that role playing and discussion of in-game accomplishments are appropriate only in limited situations. This is not a role playing board. So if you want to talk about spot checks and swords, you should either start a separate thread with a title like "DnD and other role playing" (and limit such discussions to that thread), or find a forum where such references would be appropriate. (e.g. forums for OotS comics.)

It is possible to occasionally throw in well-placed DnD references for a good effect. However, "occasionally" and "well-placed" are the key words here. Since you don't have a good feel for when such things are appropriate, I suggest you refrain from them for a while.

If your post about your new sword was made in the dedicated DnD thread, somebody might have congratulated you on your accomplishment. However, in this thread, it was as random as boasting about buying an expensive car, and generated similarly annoyed responses.

In summary, since is isn't a role-playing board, your constant DnD references are treated as a gimmick, and a particularly annoying one at that. (Ranking right next to Iffy's muffins as far as annoying gimmicks go.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #71
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

quote:

... in fact I have no idea how any of my former post(s) was in any way stupid ...
In summary, since is isn't a role-playing board, your constant DnD references are treated as a gimmick, and a particularly annoying one at that. (Ranking right next to Iffy's muffins as far as annoying gimmicks go.)

The Protoss wonder how annoying gimmicks can get
:P

--------------------
Jim, the end of the world is here, the Xel'Naga have returned -Zeratul in Starcraft 2 trailer
I will rule this sector or see it burnt around me! -Arcturus Mengsk
We have cared for Auir and you people, even when you shun us for rejecting the Khala - Zeratul
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #72
quote:
Originally written by Executor Xel'Raga:

Ok this is all fine and dandy, but why in gods name is Diprosopus banned?!!?!?!
He posted some things (for no apparent reason) that grossly violated the code of conduct. The thread in question has been spirited away (due to grossness).

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #73
Originally by Andraste:

quote:
Salmon should be grilled ant topped
Ewwwwwww!

Originally by Zeviz:

quote:
(Ranking right next to Iffy's muffins as far as annoying gimmicks go.)
That's really not fair to Iffy. He's got his muffins under control now.

Though Dikiyoba still wouldn't recommend trying to take away a muffin's food dish while it's eating. They don't like that. :P

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #74
quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

quote:
Originally by Zeviz:(Ranking right next to Iffy's muffins as far as annoying gimmicks go.)
That's really not fair to Iffy. He's got his muffins under control now.

Though Dikiyoba still wouldn't recommend trying to take away a muffin's food dish while it's eating. They don't like that. :P

You know, it couldn't've been more than half a week ago, I realized I hadn't seen Iffy around. I was hopeful, I'll admit, I was even somewhat rejoicful. Then, the next thread I see has some weak one-lined post of hit.

In conclusion, I hate fate. So much so that I am willing to censor my thoughts to prevent some ironic contradictory coincidence.

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael

Pages