I have glasses.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I have glasses.
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #0
I just got mine today! Who else has glasses?

Poll Information
This poll contains 2 question(s). 4 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=utvAhtKbbhCj"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=utvAhtKbbhCj"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #1
And you're bragging about them? Sad. I always imagined you with gigantic lenses anyways, so this doesn't change much.

--------------------
Fluffy Turtles of the World, Unite!
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #2
I'm not braging. I'm just saying that I got them.
Stop thinking so lowly of me. I'm annoyed that everyone does that.

Edit -I edited the post. Happy now?
Edit2 -I meant the first post by the way.

[ Friday, September 28, 2007 17:36: Message edited by: Iffy will bring you warm fuzziness. ]

--------------------
I like this image
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #3
Hehe. People with glasses are dorks.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #4
Even though you are being sarcastic, it isn't very nice.
I am just an intelligent 13 year old boy with poor vision in his left eye.

Also, contacts suck. I had them a while ago, and I was glad when I ran out.

--------------------
I like this image
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #5
Iffy 1: The three exclamation points are misleading. Thanking you for removing them, Iffy.

As for me thinking lowly of you, I have two words: Earn It.

Andraste: Amen to that.

Iffy 2: Stop saying your intelligent when you have no proof. I'd rather have irritated eyes and contacts then glasses anyday.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 961
Profile #6
By Turtleking:
quote:
Iffy 2: Stop saying your intelligent when you have no proof. I'd rather have irritated eyes and contacts then glasses anyday.

If you would prefer to endure pain for vanity...you can't claim to be the intelligent one. Unless you're a 12 year old girl. If so..you'll get over that. I'm living proof! :)

Take care.

--------------------
Hey, where are we going? And what's with the handbasket?
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Zelda:

By Turtleking:
quote:

If you would prefer to endure pain for vanity...you can't claim to be the intelligent one. Unless you're a 12 year old girl. If so..you'll get over that. I'm living proof!

Did I ever say that I was intelligent? I think not, as I prefer to let my actions speak for me.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #8
Hah! Glasses are awesome. Nalyd doesn't know what you're talking about, Goldenking. Nalyd does not have glasses or contacts, but glasses are just plain awesome.

By the way, you are being quite unnecessarily harsh to Iffy.

[ Friday, September 28, 2007 18:07: Message edited by: Thoughts in Chaos ]

--------------------
May the fires of Undeath burn in your soul, and consume it.
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #9
You know, I don't know what you're argueing about. I have both glasses and contacts, and I use them both. They both have their ups and downs, but they both do what their supposed to.

[ Friday, September 28, 2007 18:26: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope is goes away.

I make guacamole at work
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
Glasses, no contacts. Uncorrected, my vision is a bit worse than 20/200. Thank goodness for fancy, ultra-thin, and quite expensive lenses.

(Also, I agree with Nalyd. Could you two please stop harping on each other all the time?)

Dikiyoba.

--------------------
Episode 4: Spiderweb Reloaded
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #11
Contacts rock! That is all.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #12
Nalyd: Frankly, you're right. Sunglasses are awesome and the world would be a worse place with out them. Glasses also serve a purpose; though the purpose is better served by contacts, as I have previously stated.

Dikiyoba: If you insist, it's just that he always infuriates me with his bumbling, breaking many basic societal rules for my peer group, not to mention generally getting under my skin. I will try to resist the urge.

--------------------
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #13
I think glasses make people look more intelligent. :P

(And no, I don't wear them. Although at the rate I am going, I might need them soon.)
quote:
Originally written by Turtleking:

Dikiyoba: If you insist, it's just that he always infuriates me with his bumbling, breaking many basic societal rules for my peer group, not to mention generally getting under my skin. I will try to resist the urge.

There are people of many different ages and backgrounds on these boards and on the Internet in general. Judging them by your own standard is not very useful. (For example, if I judged you by the standards of my "peer group", you'd rate no better than IFM.)

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #14
Even though contacts are a pain sometimes, they're worth it. You never have to worry about them getting scratched, falling off and getting stepped on, etc.

Wait a second... remind me why we're talking about this?

--------------------
"I intend to find out who has the most treasure, kill them, take it, and repeat the process."
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #15
I wear glasses and I rather like them. I tried contact lenses... and I couldn't stand them. I didn't last three days with them.

They weren't very comfortable and I had a hell of a time just trying to get them in. They constantly kept trying to turn inside out every time I put them in. On top of that, the one in my one eye refused to line up properly no matter what I did to try and fix it.

In the end I gave up and went back to glasses.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #16
You probably had the wrong kind of lenses. If you have bad astigmatism (like me) but you don't get special lenses for it, weird things can happen.

--------------------
"I intend to find out who has the most treasure, kill them, take it, and repeat the process."
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #17
Contacts can, in fact, fall out, get scratched, and even tear. In that respect they are no better than glasses.

I'd like to get contacts, but glasses seem to better hide my droopy eyelid...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Quaere verum
Infiltrator
Member # 10578
Profile Homepage #18
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

Contacts can, in fact, fall out, get scratched, and even tear. In that respect they are no better than glasses.
Rarely, though. At least they're disposable. It's all a matter of preference, really. Contacts just work for me. Whatever. :P

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 3320
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Taliesin:

You probably had the wrong kind of lenses. If you have bad astigmatism (like me) but you don't get special lenses for it, weird things can happen.
No, I am merely very nearsighted. Call me Mr. Magoo when I don't have my glasses on.

And I did have the right type of lenses. They were just soft contact lenses. But no matter what I did, I couldn't keep them clean of cloth fibers and dust and other such junk that irritated my eyes to no end. I thought I would like contact lenses, but they were a nightmare.

One actually got lost in my eye and I had a heck of a time trying to get it back out. That and them turning inside-out all the time seriously soured me towards them.

--------------------
"Keep your wits about you, the game is afoot!!" - Sherlock Holmes

Gay Christian Network
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #20
Andra is a huge dork!

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #21
I'm pretty used to glasses now. Contacts don't fit me well, because my eyeballs aren't round enough. I had to get so-called toroidal contact lenses, which have to line up in the correct orientation on your eye, and they were never very comfortable. That was a few years ago, and maybe contact technology has advanced enough now that I should try again.

I know people who have had laser eye surgery and love it. I also know people who work on lasers and understand exactly what those surgeries do. They wear glasses, so I do too.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Andraste:

Hehe. People with glasses are dorks.
Stop being mean. :(

--------------------
The Noble and Most Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #23
I have a pair of glasses, but I don't *really* need them. In fact (and I hope this will greatly annoy her), I'm like Dikiyoba. Not quite 20-20 vision without them, but it's good enough.

And I find the blurriness helps me palate the world a whole lot more. :P
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #24
Dikiyoba is female?

I have them, I don't need them much. I look like _____ Potter in them. Not a good choice for the image.

Pages