I have glasses.

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: I have glasses.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #50
I found that red interfered with my reluctance to kill.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Thralni - "a lot of people are ... too weird to be trusted"
Infiltrator
Member # 9887
Profile #51
Wait, what? How do they interfere with your reluctence to kill? Does red turn you off to killing?

[ Sunday, September 30, 2007 14:53: Message edited by: The Ratt ]

--------------------
Let's all just shape gazers and hope it goes away.

I make guacamole at work
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #52
If you wish to interview me, please gather all your questions into one post.

--------------------

Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #53
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I wear contacts for killing.
So if anyone hears that the mob has offered a contact on them, we know just who is coming after them.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #54
I don't have glasses or contacts. An eye doctor I saw two years ago told me I had better than 20/20 vision, but didn't tell me exactly what the number was.

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Shock Trooper
Member # 10374
Profile #55
What is normal vision?

Is it 20/20 ?

--------------------
If you listen to LakiRA@ all will go well!
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #56
Yes. I don't know whether that represents the mean vision of society though, or some independent standard.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #57
20/20 vision is considered functional. Completely healthy visual acuity is somewhat better. Average vison is much worse, or would be without glasses and contacts.

—Alorael, who woke up this morning with no ability to resolve images. He obtained someone else's glasses, which allowed him to fail to resolve images that were out of focus in the first place.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #58
Well, my left eye is all fuzzy (the sight is).
My glasses improve that (by magnifying it), but it is still fuzzy...

But, my vision is still clearer with the glasses...

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #59
quote:
Originally written by Frozen Feet:

I have glasses, and pretty strong ones too; without them, my range of accurate vision can be measured in centimeters. If I took them off now, I couldn't read what I'm writing without sticking my nose to the monitor.

As it is, I don't have contact lenses, and probably will never have. The reason is, my job includes lots of electric arc welding. If you look at the arc with contacts (and without a mask), the UV-rays can melt them into your eyes. Besides, normal glasses are handier anyway.

I know might be a bit off topic but I have heard that you are not suppose to weld aluminum inside because it puts off certain poisons. Me and my friends were told this after three years of welding aluminum inside a building for our robotics team. Is this true,someone pulling my leg or is their a chance that I'm not as smart as I used to be.

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Safey:

[QUOTE]Is this true,someone pulling my leg or is their a chance that I'm not as smart as I used to be.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #61
quote:
Originally written by Safey:

I know might be a bit off topic but I have heard that you are not suppose to weld aluminum inside because it puts off certain poisons.
Good ventilation never hurts. Inhaling lots of metal oxides will never be good for anyone in the long run. If you use rods (electrodes for 111), then good ventilation is especially important 'cause they DO let out some really nasty substances when they burn. Check the packaging; for the really noxious stuff, you'd better have pressurized masks. If you're using TIG or pulse MIG/MAG, it isn't that big a deal.

[ Tuesday, October 02, 2007 06:16: Message edited by: Frozen Feet ]

--------------------
Life is a neverending carneval where everyone has multiple costumes. I just hope mine are pleasing to the eye.
Infiltrator
Member # 7298
Profile #62
Most of the welding (if not all) was arc welding. I was in the room but I never was the one who did the welding so I couldn't tell you too much about it though

--------------------
A rock has weight whether you admit it or not
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #63
I have very odd vision. One of my eyes sees colour a lot better then the other but has much worse range. My eye "sight" is 20/20 in range. The further things get they get....fuzzy. I can still make out the details at perfectly normal range, they. just. get. fuzzy.

I have tried and failed to explain this fact so I hope you have slightly better perception (Forgive the pun) of this then I do.
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #64
Got glasses when I was 12. Never wanted contacts; I could never stand anything going that close to my eyes, let alone touching them.

Edit: Pun forgiven.

[ Wednesday, October 03, 2007 13:05: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Warrior
Member # 961
Profile #65
I would have liked to see the pun. I always love a pun.

For me..I can't wear contacts because of an eye injury. I mean..I guess they say that I could..but it would just involve a great deal of pain and suffering. Who wants pain and suffering? Gimme glasses. I look okay. ;)

---Zelda

--------------------
Hey, where are we going? And what's with the handbasket?

Pages