A place you'd like to visit...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A place you'd like to visit...
Shock Trooper
Member # 6102
Profile #0
If there was one place you'd like to visit, what would that place be?

It can also be a fictional place if you so desire...

[ Monday, August 22, 2005 16:06: Message edited by: Jeros ]

--------------------
"Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies in the heart of mankind." -Edward D. Morrison
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #1
Australia. I could stop by and see a couple of Aussie members if they want.

--------------------
-ben4808

For those who love to spam:
CSM Forums
RIFQ
Shaper
Member # 5450
Profile Homepage #2
Ben, you would not understand anything over here. You won't understand footy, pubs, and the general conversations we have.

Personally, I would like to visit Italy. My family used to live there (my great-grandparents), and I think it would be a lovely place. Also, I think I would like to go to Adelaide, Australia. Its about 6 hours drive from where I live, and I think it would be great.

--------------------
Mugglenet--The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site.
Polaris-- New location.
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #3
I'm with Spring. I would love to visit Rome. I don't know why, but I always wanted to see Italy, specially Venice. Besides, I love the fact that European countries are so close to each other (well closer than some American Countries). I'm thinking about studying in Rome for a year (probably my Senior or Junior year), so that should be interesting. Also, I always wanted to visit England, Greece, Spain, and France.

Edit: In America, I would love to visit Brazil, Venezuela, Argentina, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Jamaica.

[ Monday, August 22, 2005 15:24: Message edited by: Marlenny ]
Warrior
Member # 5966
Profile Homepage #4
Any place other than where I sit now.

But to be serious, Japan or France would be nice.

-- Diarog Lethuta

--------------------
Ever since I met you so very long ago,
There's been something I've badly needed to know,
Do you love me and want to end my pain?
Or do I pursue your love in vain?

"And your not a doctor, but you play one in real life" -Jerry Seinfield

"My power extends far beyond space and time, do not dare oppose me, for my wrath is something to be greatly feared" -Diarog Lethuta: The Tome of Diarog Lethuta, Egypt, 5000 B.C.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #5
New Orleans, because it would make my wife happy.

--------------------
Scandalous Stories, fishing,and great photos
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
I'd like to see Baghdad some day. Perhaps I'm just reckless though.

--------------------
The Encyclopaedia Ermariana <-- Now a Wiki!
"Polaris leers down from the black vault, winking hideously like an insane watching eye which strives to convey some strange message, yet recalls nothing save that it once had a message to convey." --- HP Lovecraft.
"Really, Spiderweb is just a big, steaming pool of estrogen." --- Robin
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #7
I have been to places around the globe, but I have yet to explore my own country.

Northern Chile,Atacama desert, the driest place on Earth. I'm from the mid-south, I have never seen the desert or any desert for that matter. They say it's also one of the best spots in the world to see the stars because there are no clouds or light interference (no one lives there anyway)"Valley of the Moon" is one of the spots I want to see. They also tested the Mars rovers there, apparently it's the closest thing to Mars on Earth and since it is unlikely I will travel to mars...

Then again, I have yet to visit Easter Island. I really want to take a picture of me with one of those cool bigheaded stone freaks. :cool:
IMAGE(http://www.turismochile.cl/isladepascua/isla8.jpg)
And then there's also the unforgiving but majestic south tip of Chile, "Estrecho de Magallanes" and "Torres de Paine", IMAGE(http://home.swipnet.se/conchile/imagenes/TORRESPAINE.jpg)

All in all, as a city bred person, I know nothing about my country whatsoever. That's why I want to visit those places. :P

[ Monday, August 22, 2005 15:51: Message edited by: The_Nazgul ]

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #8
I'd like to visit the Old Kingdom(from the Abhorsen Trilogy, which is by Garth Nix).

--------------------
If anyone ever asks you why you did something, say "Because I could".
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #9
Candy land.
Atlantis well before it sank.

Catch poison arrow frogs in the Brazilian Amazon. Chase polar bears in the arctic. Eat stinky cheese in Paris.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 5302
Profile #10
England would be good. Maybe Australia, they seem like nice enough people over there.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #11
I'd like to visit Chile or Argentina, and I'd also at least like to set foot on Antarctica, so that I will be able to say I've been to all seven continents in the world. :)
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #12
You could get to the Antartica by Chile or Argentina quite easily, the trip there is also quite exiting...and cold. You may also learn why Magellan called the Pacific Ocean "Pacific" after sailing through those parts.

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Arancaytar:

I'd like to see Baghdad some day. Perhaps I'm just reckless though.
It won't always be a wartorn land. Someday it'll be peaceful again.

I'd love to go wherever my heart leads me. At the minute it's Egypt. But I'd like to go to America for 6-12 months. And Portugal does appeal too.

--------------------
Everybody knows, but nobody understands.

Thus endeth this post.
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #14
Somewhere in England. Especially over Scotland, a bit of Ireland and maybe some Wales travelling. I wish I had the money to dedicate a year to hiking all over those lands. It might be fun. ^^

As far as imaginery lands go, I'd love to go the one I thought of. It used to have a name, but now it's changed so much and blended with another land, I'm not sure which is which anymore. 'sides, it'd be useful, because from there.. I could go anywhere. Anywhere.

--------------------
"Son--err," her father said, "I mean... Daughter, I give you your first and only sword. Use it for with skill for great villainy." Nanoisms

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery - WannabeCool Forums
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #15
New Zealand always sounded like a fun place. Plus I hear there is good skating there.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Agent
Member # 1558
Profile #16
Skating? Uh, maybe I'll leave that to Kingy or someone.

--------------------
I'm tired of the strain and the pain ___ ___ ___ I feel the same, I feel nothing
Nothing is important to me ___ ___ ___ ___ __ And nobody nowhere understands anything
About me and all my dreams lost at sea ___ __ But we’re not the same, we’re different tonight
We’ll make things right, we’ll feel it all tonight _ The indescribable moments of your life tonight
The impossible is possible tonight ___ ____ ___ Believe in me as I believe in you, tonight

Go All Blacks xtraMSN Rugby _ MuggleNet
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #17
I love Skating, and though I haven't been Ice Skating yet, I can't wait to try it. Is it the same? because I've heard is much harder.
Infiltrator
Member # 4248
Profile #18
China and Middle-East. Don't ask why.

--------------------
Somebody PLEASE turn the heat on.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #19
I'd absolutely love to go back to Ireland. Australia and Japan are certainly on my list as well. Really, I just want to take time off from life and go somewhere I haven't been (unless it's Ireland).

Fictional... hmm... well, another inhabited planet would be nice...

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

Polaris = joy.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Apprentice
Member # 6161
Profile #20
Anywhere but China.

Anywhere = Ireland, Papanewginny or Antarctica.

I desire to visit Faerie if it's still alive.
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #21
I would like to go to Australia, Argentina or Finland.
Australia because it seems nice there, Finland because I would like to see the aurora, and Argentina I don't know, I just want to go there.

PS: would also be nice to visit the Apple campus.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
Visit CSM !!! And this site is just great! Wow! Did you know what the answer to the gretest question ever is ?
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #22
I would like to see the ruins of Karakorum in Mongolia—which consists soley of giant stone tortoises.

IMAGE(http://www.home.earthlink.net/~icshi/Karakorum.jpg)

There's also a large Buddhist monastary there which would be interesting to visit—you can see its walls in the background. It's name is something like "Erden-tsu."

I'd also like to see Antarctica before I die. Not afterward.

And as for a fictional place—too many options! Even if I could go to one of those places, I'd never be able to make up my mind on which one I'd like to visit first.

--------------------
The A.E. van Vogt Information Site
My Tribute to the Greatest Writer of the Science Fiction Golden Age
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Bender Bending Rodriguez:

New Zealand always sounded like a fun place. Plus I hear there is good skating there.
Are we talking about skateboarding, ice skating, roller skating or what?

Not that it matters as I hate them all, but it'd be interesting to hear of this reputaition I've never heard of. Personally I think this country has more of a rep for stoners etc. Also we were the first country to make drugs out of household products. I think thats one hell of a reputation.
BANNED
Member # 6074
Profile #24
I'd Like to visit my homecountry Norway for a year or so. The last time I visited was 7 or 8 years ago. Norway has, in my opinion some realy great landscape. :cool:

oh, ya, and also Baghdad... My fathers whole family's from there...

[ Wednesday, August 24, 2005 16:38: Message edited by: Demon-Kid ]

--------------------
---------------------------------
Live long and prosper.

Pages