A4

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: A4
Agent
Member # 3349
Profile Homepage #0
What do you think will be new features in A4?

--------------------
And everybody say....Yatta!
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #1
this topic looks slightly familiar...

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
We often do speculation/request topics when a new game is coming out. We haven't had one for A4 yet. (We did have a sort of "gasp in amazement that he's actually doing this" thread, but not a request thread.)

Therefore I deem this thread worthy of life.

I hope with all of my hope that it stays turn-based and doesn't go into GF real-time. I hope that we can still control things with the keyboard and aren't required to use the mouse.

As for new features, I expect him to use scripting, so we should see a number of specialized behaviors, and I bet we'll have alternate endings, too.

Do we actually know anything about A4, other than that it will exist and will have a new engine? I haven't been following the interviews in a while.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #3
quote:
SW's main page:
What's Coming? We started working on Avernum 4. Hopefully, we'll have screenshots available in the next few months.
:cool:

I have to agree that I hope it won't be like GF, non-turn-based (although GF is more turn-based than it likes to say), although I would be interested to see that.

edit: :mad: emoticons....

[ Wednesday, June 08, 2005 12:33: Message edited by: Jelly ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #4
As long as it resembles the rest of the Avernum series its got to be good.
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #5
ive seen at least 2 threads like this in the last month or so, but there you go.

what i wonder about the most is what the heck the plot will be like. i mean, the war is over, right?

and of the course the usual blahblah, more spells, more interaction options, more choosable races, no gf-stuff....

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #6
Hm... let's see, it'll be interesting to see how the rest of the Empire responds to the treaty with Avernum. After all, you can't expect everyone to have abided by it, and Prazac probably put herself in a difficult political position by making the treaty.

Other loose ends:

-Rentar-Ihrno isn't actually gone, just sulking (and what about peaceful Vahnatai?).

-The dragons spoke of a more intense revenge planned, and that was never really explained.

-The skribbane problem must be spreading through Valorim.

-There are still troglodytes and giants wandering around.

-The ruins of the plagues still need to be cleaned up (i.e.: all of Footracer Province)

-How did the rest of the Empire (outside of Valorim) react to this whole thing?

-What about the exodus from Avernum? Who will stay behind, and how will they deal with the Vahnatai?

I think Jeff has his work cut out for him story-wise, and I'd like to see any of those plot points cleaned up in A4.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 5938
Profile #7
I hope Jeff brings back the time limit from A3. I love an RPG that discourages exploration.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Okay, fess up. You're an old member who made a new account to troll, aren't you?

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5957
Profile #9
heh i really loved A3 and the one biggest thing is what will the rest of the empire say and how will the people of avernum do out in the wild by themslves. You've got to remember empress prazac gave them the wild and untamed part of the empire.

--------------------
Procrastination is not the problem, its the solution
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
I agree - I think that it will have something to do with the Avernites that have settled in Valorim.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #11
Perhaps there is a new ruler of the Empire. I think A4 will start with some small conflict between the Empire and Avernum. But then a common enemy will unite them, until the Empire is totally destroyed forcing the survivors to flee into Avernum. I hope Jeff improves the look of A4 interface and such. I really want something unique to A3.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Warrior
Member # 5165
Profile #12
well, i have seen this topic before i think... still, i hope in A4 i will finally get to know what the room behind the dragons hold.
new spells and weapons will be welcome, and new demons too... that are harder to slay.
new faces of the characters, and i would really like to see the sample name Aldous, Mycroft and Cordelia changed... reminds me of Aldous Huxley, Mycroft Holmes and Cordelia Lear,,LOL :D

what i do NOT want to change is the size and the engine... anything over A3 and my compu hangs like a strangled chicken in the middle of combat. PLEEEAAASEEE MR. Vogel, Have Mercy on me and dont bring in those stupid new graphics & stuff. just let those Tinny tots trot around the surface...

Oh, and 1 last request... cant we get more members??? i mean 4 is perhaps a challenge for me.5 or 6 might just solve my problem...

--------------------
he who puts his head inside a dragon's orifice is likely to get a lot of...
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #13
Well, Avernum would be alot easier with those numbers, like in the olden days of Exile. But the thing is, mage's are more overpowered in avernum. Just picture a team of 6 mage's, going in and Ice Lancing the slime pit, killing a possible 48 slimes per turn. that's not really how it's supposed to be done.

with 6 mages, they could run up, kill a mage, and you'd still have 5 in reserve. In my opinion, mages should be limit one, because of their power. They are the easiest to get rid of, but also the most powerful.

[ Friday, June 17, 2005 14:32: Message edited by: Shiryu ]
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #14
Maybe Jeff will tell us a story of a war between Nephilim and Slith, and the discussion will finally be closed. If not that I'd prefer the game to take place somewhere besides the previous two locations. The ability to visit the areas would be nice, but they should not be the main part of the game...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #15
thx mistica, i forgot to say i want higher monitor solutions (1152 x 870?)

--------------------
Veteran*
Member # 5
Profile #16
I want a HUGE game. All of Exile, Upper Exile, and Valorim to be accessible.
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #17
That'd probably end up being to big and to complete a quest you'd have to spend ages trying to rememeber where a certain place was, only to walk for 10 minutes and remember it was the other way.
Apprentice
Member # 5307
Profile #18
As much as I enjoyed the huge gameworld of A3 (an entire continant!), I already had trouble remebering where places were. If A4 plans on being any larger, I'd reccomend addding two new features - a map and a travel system. Basically, once you've explored an area, it saves the small map you see in the little box and adds it to a larger, full screen map of the entire gameworld. (perhaps even scrolling screen) Then, once you bring this up, you could click on any of the sections to get a detailed map and choose to "travel to" any given town that you've visited. (Except secret towns, or whatever)

This would help a lot with moving around, while making it so you still have to explore the gameworld. (Unlike Daggerfall, for instance)
Infiltrator
Member # 878
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by abbaon:

I hope Jeff brings back the time limit from A3. I love an RPG that discourages exploration.
It doesn't really do that. I explored every single part of the outdoors, did every quest, and fully explored every single dungeon, finishing well before the tower of magi disaster. The only reasons you would be taking long enough for towns to be destroyed is if you don't use horses or spend a lot of time doing courier missions.

--------------------
Warning: Posts may contain misspellinks and typo.s
Infiltrator
Member # 5567
Profile Homepage #20
I want a bigger game, a bigger demo ( though not much too big), more spells, the ability to wear more than one ring and the Vahnatai as a playable race.

--------------------
How many shapers are there?
Why is Drypeak controlled by Zakary?
Why is Barzahl a Guardian?
How does the Geneforge work?
What's as small as nothing?
Why am I asking stupid questions?
--------------------------------
Shaper teacher : "DON'T TOUCH THAT!"
BOOM!!
apprentice :*little voice* "Sorry..."
---------------------------
CSM RIFQ
Neopets Do join, it's fun. Do you know what is the answer to the greatest question ever? It's here.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #21
quote:
Originally written by Lt. Sullust:

Maybe Jeff will tell us a story of a war between Nephilim and Slith, and the discussion will finally be closed. If not that I'd prefer the game to take place somewhere besides the previous two locations. The ability to visit the areas would be nice, but they should not be the main part of the game...
Nephils vs. Sliths part 4? Noooooo!

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 3946
Profile Homepage #22
Maybe this time one will finish the other off!

The return of the stupidly overpowered Pachtar's Plate Mail!

Revenge of the Slith!

I'm not making any sense!

I'd like to see the return of dual wielding as well. Maybe, maybe not. BUT, I think It'd be cool to have this big group brawl between the characters of the previous games, to see who's stronger. (Watches the overpowered A3 combat system take over with Patchies Plate Mail and THE Halberd)
Warrior
Member # 6002
Profile #23
Someone check out my new very large Suggestions List post. It took time! And effort!
Warrior
Member # 2275
Profile #24
I personally would LOVE to see a prequel... You've all read the stories, heard the history - what if you could be part of that first expedition, I think it was called.

A contraversial idea, I know, but an idea none the less.

--------------------
Signatures can appear at the bottom of your posts. This option may be disabled by the message board administrators at any time, however. You may use UBB Code in your signature, but not HTML. UBB Code Images not permitted.

Pages