Active Designers?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Active Designers?
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #0
This is for survey purposes:

Who here is still designing for BoA? If this applies to you, please post a reply with as much or as little info on yourself as you want to give.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Well, I've started on a scenario, and I have about two weeks of complete free time to spend frantically working on it. After that I'll be working 8am-5pm six days a week for the next 10 months, so I'll have somewhat less time available for scenario design.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
I'm still designing a pseudo-sequel to DoK. When I say sequel, I mean two things: it's after DoK, and some characters carry over. However, it's a bit stalled right now... but I'm going to start working again before break ends.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #4
I'm still learning.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #5
I'm active in that I still mess around the the BoA editor. I'm not active in that I probably won't ever get a complete scenario done, or at least anytime soon. I'd rather write stories instead. Take it however you want.

Dikiyoba
Shock Trooper
Member # 932
Profile #6
Active player and designer. Designing the A2Template. Another scenario is on the backburner, with the plot roughly hammered out.

--------------------
Microsoft Patents Ones, Zeroes (March 25, 1998)
"Asians are good at Starcraft because they're always squinting, thus they can see things sharply. Remember to always squint in war." ~ Sun-Tzu
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #7
"Blank stare"...... Im here.

[ Sunday, December 25, 2005 22:32: Message edited by: Hawk King ]
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
I've been bussy with my scenario for six months, but I was actually bussy designing for two months. Conclusion: i have to be in the mood, or nothing will happen. However, as i started working on it again, doing every evening a bit, it may be completed in two-three months from now. We'll see if i mkae it. aybody who wants to know a bit more, feel free to PM me.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Warrior
Member # 5274
Profile #9
Yeah I've been working on a scenario on and off for about a year now. All towns, dungeons, and dialogue are done bar the final few. There are some miscellaneous scripting issues to iron out, but like Thuryl I've suddenly found myself with lots of spare time so I should have it completed in three weeks or so.

Whether it will be well recieved is a another matter.

[ Wednesday, December 28, 2005 16:05: Message edited by: Poit ]

--------------------
I assume my reputation for arrogant presumption precedes me
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #10
Still working on Exodus. Hoping to make serious progress in the next couple of weeks. I'll post a progress report sometime soon, since at least one person said he'd be interested.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #11
I am still working on my first official scenario. I have completed the first half, and I am contemplating the second half, but I am hesitant, since Jeff stole one of my major plot devices, and in my opinion, wasted it. I have about decided to ignore him and continue, though. If I continue working at the rate I have so far, I will finish in only another year and a half. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #12
No offense, Niemand, but if your scenario has the basic plotline I'm thinking of, it's been overused even before A4 came out. Don't panic though. If it's good (that is, not thrown together and really boring), I'll play it. It's tough trying to come up with reasonable plots for BoA scenarios.

Dikiyoba wants to see Giant Intelligent Friendly Talking Zombies. That would be weird.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #13
quote:
Originally written by Niemand:

I am still working on my first official scenario. I have completed the first half, and I am contemplating the second half, but I am hesitant, since Jeff stole one of my major plot devices, and in my opinion, wasted it. I have about decided to ignore him and continue, though. If I continue working at the rate I have so far, I will finish in only another year and a half. :rolleyes:
So long as it is not Rentar-Ihrno returns, it will be fine.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #14
I am working on the Emerald Tortoise Scale still, but I had to stop because of massive schoolwork, and the fact that my dialogue scripting sucks. However, it's holidays at the moment, so I'm planning on carying on. I mean - with only the dialogue to play with, I'm nearly done - and then there'll be another of my scenarios around - hopefully a far better one than UV.

So yeah - I'm around a bit, and will work on it as I can. That means robably a LOT of posts on help with the dialogue.

- Archmagus Micael

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #15
Lessee... I have written down the basic ideas for six scenarios and it's safe to say that I will complete at least three of them some day, though I intend to release them all. This includes Magus of Cattalon which will be released before the 9th of January.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #16
Dear god no; no Rentar Ihrno. One of my key ideas is used trivially in A4; I just worry that using a so-so idea that has been used already would become poor. The main plot of my scenario is definitely very much unlike the abomination that is A4, and is hopefully fairly different from other plots.

I'm also a bit stuck because my master plan now calls for a number of custom graphics which I am now not so confident of drawing.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by Niemand:

I'm also a bit stuck because my master plan now calls for a number of custom graphics which I am now not so confident of drawing.
Put in a graphics request at the Louvre.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #18
I have a crappy scenario that has been mostly finished, a second version of the same scenario that requires much work, and no free time right now. But it's all there (points) in that drawer, waiting for me. Someday.

*this message sponsored by nwa*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Lifecrafter
Member # 4682
Profile #19
I've just started fooling around on the editor! :)

--------------------
Do not underestimate the power of the mechanical pencil.

Join the Dark side. We have cookies.

Played in:
Fiddler on the Roof
Bye Bye Birdie

"Hey, Patrick, feel this random pipe. It's squishy"-Nils
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #20
I have three scenarios in progress, each at varying stages of completion. One has everything except dialogue. Another has several towns missing. Plot-essential ones. The third was started last night after a long walk inspired me. I have all outdoors done, and am starting on the town after I get back from a party tonight. Drink-induced dungeons. Yay.

And, this year, my resolution was to finish what I start, so all three WILL be around sometime soon - whilst I do have revision for exams and other pieces of college-orientated work cropping up, I can spare two to three hours a night easily. Provided I'm in a good enough mood. I estimate mid-feb for my first piece.

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #21
My suggestion is to force yourself to devote 30 minutes of every day to the scenario closest to being done, if you can spare it, before any of your other projects.

It can be tough, but one of the main reasons scenarios do not get released is because it is too easy to get distracted with a new and shiny idea.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6629
Profile Homepage #22
I have started on Scenario #1. It might take a while because I cannot leave anything unfinished. (This means I spend hours trying to do one special event, then changing it)

Also, I was wondering if anyone was going to port ova the scenarios from BoE (other than 9 variations on point b)?

Edit: Sorry about the abbreviations. I was having a problem writing where when i went back to edit the text, it overwrote anything in front of it. If that makes sense.

[ Tuesday, January 03, 2006 15:53: Message edited by: Inthrall ]

--------------------
"When everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane."
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Inthrall:

Also, I was wondering if ny1 was going 2 port ova the scenarios from BoE (other than 9 variations on point b)?
Ewww... bad abbreviations. But the answer is almost certainly no. It's too much work for too little payoff.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 6651
Profile #24
I am currently designing a 8 town scenario set in a part of underworld which has an autonomous status. The plot has been finalised, two towns completed. The outdoor section is partly done.( I began with the towns instead of the outdoor.) Have another 3 days before college reopens. Should complete this scenario by february end. (I said "should" not "will").

--------------------
* Reality killed my imagination.*

Pages