SPAM

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: SPAM
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #50
quote:
Originally written by The Almighty Doer of Stuff:

Liverwurst is delicious, but I prefer liver and onions. One of my favorite foods.
*shrugs* To each his own, I guess. I personally can't stand liver, yet I'll eat liverwurst (also good with onions, btw) by the kilo if I don't watch myself.

EDIT: Out of all the people I've mentioned my love of liverwurst to, you're the first one who didn't tell me that it's disgusting.

[ Thursday, April 24, 2008 07:20: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #51
I like liverwurst, but can't get any decent one anymore. The last store I bought it from got lazy in making it. I don't want to spend time picking out gristle.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #52
quote:
ALL three sides payed by imaginary american money.
I mean banks did it.
That's where the imaginary money comes from.
Never herd a scandal about the Bush family financing nazis? Never herd about money lenders?

[ Thursday, April 24, 2008 21:27: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #53
Please, please... for the sake of my delicate sanity, and perhaps others'... nobody respond to Upon Mars' unique take on history.

(On another website, another forum, perhaps... but not here.)
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #54
I stand corrected.
quote:
From the can of SPAM I bought the other day:
Ingredients:
Pork with Ham,
Salt, Water,
Modified Potato Starch,
Sugar,
Sodium Nitrite

I bought a 7 oz. (198g) can. In 2 oz, there are 180 Calories, 140 of which are derived from fat. There are 790mg of sodium and 40 mg of cholesterol. Of the 16g of fat, 6 are saturated fat. 1g of carbohydrates, 7g of protein, 2% daily value of iron.

Straight from the can, it tastes similar to Deviled Ham, only less spiced. Tasty, but Deviled Ham is cheaper and tastier. When fried in a pan on high heat (no greasing necessary, plenty of that right in the SPAM), it became rather delicious. I ate the entire contents of the can with no ill effects, aside from the obvious nutritional problems.

Would I eat SPAM again? Yes, I would. Would I eat SPAM again before I lose the extra 40-50 lbs of fat I've managed to pack on since the summer of 2006? Hopefully not.

--------------------
My Myspace, with some of my art
The Lyceum - The Headquarters of the Blades designing community
The Louvre - The Blades of Avernum graphics database
BoE Webring - Self explanatory
They Might Be Giants - Four official websites for one of the greatest bands in existence
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #55
Oh sorry you want fact. I'm no conspiracy theorist .
I don't believe in some major plan to rule the earth, i believe in necessity. May the business of families be unimportant as long as their goal is not to seek personal confront and power .

Cheating death, therefore saving lives in huge numbers and improving one life has been our goals and the goals of our leaders.
But to keep this system going we must find resources and by that expand, because our goals can be only achieved by conflict with others. Wars are keeping us alive and our economies rolling.

Now do you see why we are so concerned ? The Bush are keeping this system going and therefore saving lives by causing great evil.
After all isn't it because of "just causes" have we led wars ?
Have not we westerners killed many peaceful people for our own profit?

However we must be aware that necessity doesn't blend with madness, what the nazis did to the Jews was not by pure necessity, their claims cannot be supported by any argument what so ever.

--------------------
You can jump off a bridge, fire a gun in your mouth, drink poison,or going in to the tiger's pit but you will still end up dead it's a mater of time and how .
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #56
And then we will go to another planet and eat chips!

In other news, I ate spam once at camp. It was fine. Tasted like indistinct meat (which makes sense). I can't say that I'd ever want to eat it again, not because of the taste, but because of the apparent ingredients.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #57
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

quote:
ALL three sides payed by imaginary american money.
I mean banks did it.
That's where the imaginary money comes from.
Never herd a scandal about the Bush family financing nazis? Never herd about money lenders?

This is why Democrats should not be allowed to breed.

--------------------
"What can you do with an anthropology degree other than study people?"

"...Hunt people?"
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #58
quote:
Originally written by John S:

He's, um, not even American, you know, so he can't be a Democrat.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #59
Self-limiting as it may be, the Interwebs need an entrance exam.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Agent
Member # 5814
Profile #60
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by John S:

He's, um, not even American, you know, so he can't be a Democrat.

quote:
Originally written by Jumpin Salmon:

Self-limiting as it may be, the Interwebs need an entrance exam.
Thuryl, how is it you can ignore the blatantly incorrect and offensive statement as a whole, but still insist on factual accuracy in the details?

Salmon, I forgive you. I know you're just trying to suck up to Thuryl.

--------------------
"What can you do with an anthropology degree other than study people?"

"...Hunt people?"
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #61
For the record, Prescott Bush, father of George H. W. Bush and grandfather of George W. Bush, owned 1 share in a bank that did business with some German companies. While this could technically be construed as "financing Nazis," I wouldn't say that the Bush family kept Hitler from going broke. :P

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #62
quote:
owned 1 share in a bank
Oh well, he did a bit more than that.
Guardian/UK/SecondWorldWar/2004

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #63
When I was living in the US somebody tried to recruit me into the Democratic Party, even after I explained that I wasn't a US citizen.

But I decided I wasn't going to get involved in nation-building.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #64
Now... if this thread is going to turn into Democrat-bashing... I'm going to take umbrage.

May the "Educated Elite" inherit the earth.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #65
Now now, just because you didn't start it, doesn't mean you can't participate.

Dang I miss Boston, a city where politics is more important than ... anything. Good times, and SoT is right, signature gatherers and the like rarely stood on formalities when pushing their agenda. Heh. I lived on Bunker Hill, and that was tame compared to some of the other areas. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #66
Actually, I kind of wish I was someplace else. The high prices... the fact that our lousy mayor thought it was a good idea to literally bulldoze half of the largest artists' community in Massachusetts (kicking the artists out of their homes first, of course)... the ignored but nevertheless rampant homeless population... the fact that half the independent stores -- books, music, video -- are now gone due to unaffordable rents (here comes Borders to the rescue!)... most of the artists have moved out since the 90's... well, it's not the same place it was in the early 90's.

That said, yes, people can be quite political around here... especially in Cambridge. Every election, no matter how small: everybody puts out their lawn signs.

And I have a habit of being drawn into political arguments. I don't want to do that here.
Canned
Member # 7704
Profile #67
Thank you for clearing this up ef and tyrannicus.
We appreciate that.
I don't know much about american politicians or politics,
but sounds awfully complicated.
Do you have a sort of left wing or "independent" party?

[ Sunday, April 27, 2008 00:25: Message edited by: upon mars ]

--------------------
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #68
No. As a rule, Americans dislike independence.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #69
quote:
Originally written by Indicative v. Performative:

No. As a rule, Americans dislike independence.
Well, that's not totally true. They just dislike it in others. ;)

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - a heart on a string that's about to be cut.
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #70
Independents actually tend to be quite moderate here.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #71
Independents just don't want to be labelled as belonging to a party. Especially our parties.
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #72
Scorched Earth Party FTW!

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #73
I remember going to Irony Central and reading it all when these boards were blocked at a school I was transferred to for a week. Needless to say, I found the Party's aims noble and valiant.

[ Sunday, April 27, 2008 15:00: Message edited by: Nikki. ]

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - a heart on a string that's about to be cut.
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #74
No, no, no... . "Independents" only call themselves Independent to convince themselves that they have a mind of their own. It has no other meaning, especially in states where anybody from any party can vote in anyone else's party, or where Independents can vote in either (they do that here in Massachusetts, and it's dumb).

Other than that, Mars... as a rule, except in a handful of rare cases, Republican means conservative and Democrat means liberal (or "progressive", as a lot of Democrats have taken to calling themselves... mostly the foolish Democratic Centrists who have moved this country to the right with their fear of both their own shadows and their Republican opponents. ..The Centrists are a nut/case in themselves, as are the Religious Right... .)

Damn it, you see what I mean? We'd better stop this right now, or I'm gonna lose control of myself.

(What nation are you calling from, by the way? And don't say Mars? Because I went to school, and all?)

Pages