SPAM

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: SPAM
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #75
Over on this coast we equate Democrat with interferists, and Republican with de-regulation.

It turns out that neither is all that great a philosophy.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #76
I find it funny a discussion about SPAM digressed into a discussion about politics, or are they both the same thing? :P

I've never seen SPAM in a grocery store, let alone eaten SPAM. Regardless, the ingredients don't appeal to me.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #77
upon mars is French.

For all the jokes about French politics, their president was smart enough after getting elected to trade in his wife for a new model.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #78
quote:
Originally written by Randomizer:

upon mars is French.

For all the jokes about French politics, their president was smart enough after getting elected to trade in his wife for a new model.

How is that smart? I mean, yeah, the new lass is pretty, but she can't sing, and it makes him look a total jerk in front of everybody. Unless the French actively encourage trading spouses in for younger models...

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - a heart on a string that's about to be cut.
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #79
What do you think of Sarkozy, Mars? Sarkozy completely TERRIFIES me, not so much because of his policies as because of the way he treats others. My exposure to French politics is pretty sporadic, so when I heard him using words like "racaille" and "karcheriser" when discussing lower class youth in the Paris riots, it really stuck.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #80
quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

How is that smart? I mean, yeah, the new lass is pretty, but she can't sing, and it makes him look a total jerk in front of everybody. Unless the French actively encourage trading spouses in for younger models...
She's a younger model. It's a pun, see.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 17415
Profile #81
This conversation has become quite...interesting.
Anywho, I have never had SPAM but various friends and family members that have had it have all hated it.
Therefore, I have inclination to try it, unless I suppose I'm eating dinner at someone's house and they decide to feed me SPAM.

--------------------
It's a lonely thing floating out on the sea.
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #82
Yeah, naturally I follow American politics far, far more closely than foreign politics, even in England, France & Germany, or even Russia for that matter, or even Sweden for that matter.

But that said: I've always thought Sarkozy was a jerk, ever since his reference to the French minorities as "scum" brought him to great international fame. I also was rooting for his opponent in the election... I watched their final debate and I thought Sarkozy came across as arrogant, egotistical and not so sincere, whereas his opponent (I do not remember her name) came across as sincere, capable and somebody who truly wanted to lead the French people more than she wanted make a name for herself... but what do I know? (Here in America it's Senator Hillarious who's the arrogant, egotistical one who holds her own ego above the welfare of the American people.)

Alas, the jerk won... but I can't say if France is better or worse for it; I haven't been following.

[EDITED for correction of an erring pronoun. Accuracy , accuracy!]

[ Monday, April 28, 2008 23:37: Message edited by: Clavicle ]
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #83
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

She's a younger model. It's a pun, see.

Oh. I do now.

Yeah, he's still a jerk.

--------------------
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #84
quote:
Originally written by John S:

This is why Democrats should not be allowed to breed.
Same for Republicans, and every other political party.
quote:
Originally written by Student of Trinity:

When I was living in the US somebody tried to recruit me into the Democratic Party, even after I explained that I wasn't a US citizen.
Not surprising. I have yet to meet a recruiter for any organization who can't think beyond the script that he or she uses.
quote:
Originally written by upon mars:

Do you have a sort of left wing or "independent" party?
We don't have any one "independent" party per se, but there are other parties besides just Republicans and Democrats; those two just happen to be the oldest and most powerful. The only other parties I can name offhand are the Green party and the Libertarian party, though there are others. There's even a Communist party, but I don't recall what they actually call themselves. And I have absolutely no clue as to what parties could be considered left or right wing.

[ Friday, May 02, 2008 09:26: Message edited by: The Mystic ]

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.
If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Oh well. Another day, another dementia.
Apprentice
Member # 14311
Profile #85
quote:
Originally written by Clavicle:

I ate it when I was a kid, and very much liked the fat-laden heels. The rest was pretty dull, but when fried became less dull.

That was before I developed a sense of morality and realized that it wasn't nice to eat intelligent, defenseless animals.

C'mon, people! Be kind to your fellow creatures! Just because pigs can't speak English or French that doesn't mean they should be killed for it!

Besides... Spam is bad for your health.

Leave the Spam alone. Maybe some day they'll stop making that gross stuff.

...Meat! bwahahahaahahahaahahahaha! *munces on a chicken leg in front of the vegan*

--------------------
you will submit to my will...MindDuel!
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #86
Nalyd doesn't eat meat because he doesn't like it. But he fully supports the assertion of blatant genetic dominance.

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Indeed, mortals, we envy you.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #87
quote:
Originally written by Faint Piping of Two Demoniac Flutes:

Nalyd doesn't eat meat because he doesn't like it. But he fully supports the assertion of blatant genetic dominance.
Don't make me make that point again, Nalyd. ;)

IMAGE(http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00002496X.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg)

[ Saturday, May 03, 2008 02:41: Message edited by: Just Nikki. ]

--------------------
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #88
Well yes, but Nalyd is a zombie, meaning that he probably sees himself as being genetically dominant to humans. You know how cruel they can be, tearing people to pieces while they writhe in pain. Man or woman, old or young, any ethnity or religion… well, at least they don't discriminate. :)

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

ET reminds me of myself before I was taken into a small chatroom by TM, Alec, and various other members. They then proceeded to beat some sense into me...
-Lt. Sullust

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/16/08)
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #89
Mmm chicken tastes especially good when has been raised in a 14"x9"x14" cage for its entire life.

That's why I eat crappy chicken, raised on local farms without any of those glorious amenities.

It may cost a few cents more, but buy free-range products. It's good for you, good for the dead (and delicious) animal, and good for the environment.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #90
quote:
Don't make me make that point again, Nalyd.
Bah. Nalyd is superior by Hitler's reasoning, at least. :P

--------------------
Fear us, mortals, but never envy, for though we burn with power, our fuel is our sorrows.

Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #91
quote:
Originally written by Faint Piping of Two Demoniac Flutes:

quote:
Don't make me make that point again, Nalyd.
Bah. Nalyd is superior by Hitler's reasoning, at least. :P

Fit for the camps =/= superior.

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 5360
Profile #92
Nalyd would happen to be Aryan. :P

--------------------

Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #93
I thought I remembered you saying something that might have qualified you otherwise. But I could be wrong.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Slartucker is going to have a cow when he hears about this," Synergy said.
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #94
quote:
Originally written by Slarty:

I thought I remembered you saying something that might have qualified you otherwise. But I could be wrong.
It may have been him blathering on about being insane.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #95
Ah, because if he were insane then he clearly couldn't also be aryan.

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #96
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Ah, because if he were insane then he clearly couldn't also be aryan.
You know that statement is a false tautology. There is plenty of proof that insanity and being Aryan are not exclusive. Look at all the supporters of Hitler.
Agent
Member # 4574
Profile #97
quote:
Originally written by Emperor Tullegolar:

Ah, because if he were insane than he clearly couldn't also be fit for the camps.
FYT

EDIT: Either that, or they wouldn't be fit to be Aryan according to Hitler.

[ Saturday, May 03, 2008 15:37: Message edited by: Goldenking ]

--------------------
"I'm happy I'm the mentally disturbed person I am." -Nioca
"Yes, Iffy is a demon." -Iffy
"All (Spiderweb) servers should be taken down, erased, and then subjected to dissolution by alkahest." -Alorael
Warrior
Member # 15187
Profile Homepage #98
Ironically, although the "insane" and other "unfit" people -- clearly not including obsessive, insecure politicians like Mr. A.H. -- were, under his philosophy, best kept far away from the gene pool (I haven't read his highly-regarded work, so perhaps somebody else can enlighten me)... there is a theory, and some evidence I suppose, that chemically-induced insanity via excessive amphetamine use became the norm among the highest authorities, including Mr. A.H. who supposedly relied on it for keeping up his enthusiasm and so forth.

That said... why are we discussing this?
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #99
quote:
Originally written by Clavicle:

That said... why are we discussing this?
Spam drift?

Pages